DISH

1.5K reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Business Operations Analyst
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Littleton, COJune 24, 2015
Lots of lack of communication within the company. Overall, an OK company to work for - I do like the fact that there is a younger generation working there. Many things I would change to keep a higher morale within the company.
Good Job
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 24, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement.
Cons: Long work days.
Room for advancement, met a lot of nice people and learned a lot of new things during my time working for Dish, would recommend to others.
wouldn't recommend
dish tech (Current Employee), ashland vaJune 23, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: managment
i haven't enjoyed my time here, the entire team seems to thrive on complaining about every little thing every morning. Dish has been voted one of the worse companies to work for many years in a row now. i wouldn't recommend a job here.
Interesting and fun
Tecnician (Former Employee), Warren, MichiganJune 23, 2015
Pros: Many perks - earn points for selling stuff, contests every month
Cons: Some houses are really dirty or have bugs
Going into different peoples homes you see many unique things. Co-workers are always willing to help if you get stuck on a big job or having problems with a system.
Espacio limitado para los empleados
Instalador / Vendedor (Former Employee), Hatillo, PRJune 22, 2015
Pros: el horario era ajustable
Cons: desorganizacion en la administracion y gerencia
Temprano en la manana partia hacia el almacen, donde se me asignaba la ruta de dia y luego me counicaba con los cientes para finalmente, visitar las casas. El ambiente con los otros empleados era una ameno y coordial.
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: They always paid on time.
Cons: Short breaks, No benifits, low pay.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there. It's alot of hard work with low pay. I've been working there for almost a year and they still haven't hired me full time. I'm still in the "90 day trial period" and it's almost been a year.
Great work Bad Management
Field Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great Work, Pays Well
Cons: Management
The work wasn't hard I enjoyed every day other than days I had to go up in the office management curses at employees that do anything they don't like and they write people up for anything if they don't like you and want you gone. All my fellow technicians I still talk to almost everyday. Great co-workers just management needs to be wiped out and get some new guys that really care about the office – more... and actually push safety instead of making technicians unsafe by not giving them new tires when they have bald tires with wires sticking out. Was forced to go to Snowshoe a day we got hit with 2 feet of snow in a 2 wheel drive van with bald tires and even had another tech with bald tires in a 4x4 truck behind me that kept going in the ditch and almost hit by truck drivers twice because they couldn't brake. That finished me with DISH I turned my management in Fairmont in for not giving us new tires and making me risk my life time after time there was 3 times total I took pictures and gave them to the head safety guy in the NE and he got me new tires but with a price I was constantly harassed and eventually fired for something they had no proof to. – less
productive ability for fast advancement
Technical Support/Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Ahwatukee, AZJune 20, 2015
Pros: free satellite services
Cons: shift bids depanding on your stats
Dish was personally the best experience as my first call center job I would not change anything, great management they do encourage you as a agent to learn the tech side of the job to only improve yourself co workers were okay respect given respect received there was no hard part of the job easy.
fast paced
Vendedor (Former Employee), Puerto RicoJune 20, 2015
Pros: cool, fast
Cons: commision
you have to be on your toes always, because you are looking to make sales, so you stop a couple of people and show them what dish has to offers and try to make a sale
Dish
Provisioner, Team Lead and Coach (Former Employee), Littleton, COJune 20, 2015
Pros: Free meals once a month, free TV services
Cons: Department was misplaced being in a call center, caused issues not being integrated
A typical day at work involved answering and addressing multiple emails and internal communication requests, both internal and external to the department; processing and editing payroll; developing and distributing productivity reports; conducting team meetings; delegating and distributing assignments for working orders and addressing internal chat requests; working one on one with individual agents, – more... developing current skills, addressing attendance or policy issues and focusing on resolving any current complaints; resolving escalated issues from customers; and clarifying best practices involving order types for agents.

In this position, I was tested multiple times to my limits due to time constraints, high expectations and lack of supporting talent. I took on more than I thought I was capable of and successfully kept my focus and my teams focus, driving results and most times exceeding them.

Management was consistently changed, and the type of work done by my department was such that most did not immediately grasp how and why we followed our processes. As a result there were many times where tensions were high as our skill management required us to go in one direction and our operational management required us to go in a different direction.

My job was all consuming and I did not have any peers who truly understood the nature of my position, nor did I have time to seek to create lasting relationships with many of my peers. There were many I was friendly with, and I worked with them to resolve their issues to the best of my ability. They knew that if they had a question or concern regarding a process or a decision made by one of my agents that they could come to me and I would do everything in my power to assist and resolve.

The hardest part of my position was the lack of support and proactive training by my superiors. The expectations afforded me did not always match the training I had received regarding the expectations of my position. I "hit the ground running" so to speak and any issues found were addressed in hindsight.

This expectation did allow me to create my own self and style of management, which I truly appreciate. I sincerely enjoyed bringing a team together, uniting for a common purpose and meeting and many times exceeding goals and expectations. – less
great coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee), new york, nyJune 19, 2015
good environment with great people that are willing to help with anything you might need. A regular day would consist of assisting customers over the phone
Not the best to work for, but great staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thornton, COJune 18, 2015
My only concern was that when it came to family they really didn't show to much empathy. Had to work OT when they made it required. Had received a raise but never received it. Couldn't release calls when a customer was being very disturbing.
Good compensation for good employees
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 18, 2015
Pros: Compensation for hard work is always nice
Cons: Mean co-workers and especially customers
Great employees get around $1000 in commission based on their stats, employees who can't meet the numbers get demoted.
Dish treated me well, until executive management shifted
IT Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, CoJune 18, 2015
Contrary to popular belief, Dish can be a great place to work. I was respected and sheltered by my senior management. I was allowed to build a team and fix IT Operational support of enterprise applications. When my senior management changed to the contrary, the culture suffered and I pursued my career elsewhere.
Manage by fear not by encouragement
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Littleton, COJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Management, negativity, and team turnover
The best part of my job is my team members.

The environment is ruled by threats and high pressure from management without support for the sales agents or leads. When the GM has pressure on her to fix something it comes directly down the chain and negatively impacts everyone on the sales floor. She only comes out of her office to complain about stuff and generally does not care about her employees. – more...

There is no consistency in discipline. For example: if you are a top sales person you can make your own schedule, not come in for it whenever you choose, demand to be moved to whatever team you want and then take a week long vacation without any time off to cover it and never face any discipline. The average agent will be called in to explain why they were 5 minutes late to work even if they have time to cover it. Doesn't really seem fair...

Some teams are allowed extensive coaching time off of the phones each week, while others are required to keep it to 15 minutes or less, if they even get it.

Overall if you can get in with the "Good Ol' Boys Club" you can be successful. If not, I wish you good luck.

P.S. if anyone ever talks to you about moving to another department, do it because it is likely you are on the radar for something with management. – less
Total disregard for employees
Customer Service/Advanced Technical Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 17, 2015
Schedules changed semi annually and what you got is what you got. No exceptions. Lottery based heavily on tenure and some performance. Mandatory overtime when they felt like it. Could wait until 15 minutes before the end of your shift to tell you that had to stay an extra hour for mandatory overtime. At times would have mandatory 6th day of work. CEO would not agree to terms with a network, channels would be lost, we would be scheduled for mandatory overtime, CEO goes on vacation
Exciting workplace with compensation for performance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Outstanding management, Pay for Permormance.
Cons: Occasional manditory overtime
Working for/with Dish network has by far been one of the best workforce experiences! Dish's management staff is top-notch, always looking to help agents with any issues! The only downside to the job, the occasional irate customer (as with any call center).
Call center
Customer Service Representative/Call (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 16, 2015
It can be stressful with so many call and angry costumers and troubleshooting.Sometimes the costumers are not very helpful with the troubleshooting and it just makes it harder.
Productive and fast pacing
Cosmetics (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
When i was working at Dish Network a typical day at work was doing the same thing that i have learned and showing up with a good attitude and get my numbers. I learn how to get my rhytm and get my pace and get my speed up a little without miss a defect. My coworkers was the best we treated each other like we was family we always would push each other to do our best at everything we did. The hardest part of the job was learning how to keep your numbers up and speed without missing a defect and messing up. The most emjoyable part of the job was spirit week we could dress up and we when having a dinner.
Great place to work!
customer service/ technical support (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
i really enjoyed the time i worked at Dish in El Paso Texas. The Staff and atmosphere was great! I would of never left if i had a place to stay in Texas. All of the superiors treated you so well. If you needed help they were on it.
Headquarters