DISH
1,192 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

inventory specialst
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 15, 2014
Dish was voted worst company in america so you can use that to get a clue/,
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Mill Creek, WADecember 14, 2014
The best part of my job are the people I work with on a daily basis. The job is fast paced and performance oriented. Metrics are everything! My manager is extremely knowledgeable and knows how to handle stressful situations.
Dish Network
field technician 4 (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNDecember 13, 2014
Pros: impressive training courses, great benefits, extra pay incentives for performance, and team oriented atmosphere focused on success.
Cons: there are many challenges to overcome on a daily basis, the interview and training process can become overwhelming, and there is not much available time to complete all necessary tasks.
Fantastic company to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed my training. They gave me all the tools and knowledge I need for personal and professional success. I have never worked for a company with such friendly and knowledgeable employees, and I believe those that complain about this company do not invest in their own success and therefore are not rewarded by the company. Put in the effort and the company will take care of you, and reward you for your work.
fun and exciting
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free dish service, payouts for doing your job
I took calls and helped custs with billing and tech problems. I also lead team meetings and assisted coaches with helping the team. trained new hires to ensure that they were doing there job to our specs. Took sup calls. talked and had meeting with management daily to ensure that company and all employes were doing all we needed to do for success
i loved my job as a customer supposrt rep
customer service rep (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2014
Pros: there was so much room for growth in this comapny
Cons: scheduling was not the best
a days work I took maybe 70 calls I would assist people in troubleshooting as well as assist them with any billing questions they had and package upgrades I sent out technicians to their homes and new equipment I learned a lot of different ways to interact with people and to keep the customer happy I think that management there where great they were very flexible and always came to the aid of whomever needed them the co workers was my favorite part about this position being able to work on many different teams working with many different people as a blessing the hardest part about my job is that not everyone is always in a good mood and sometimes things said can be a little brutal but I learned to get pass that the most enjoyable part I got to work with people daily and I love what I did
A company with an eye on the future
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the free service is a plus
Cons: benefits and compensation structure/job title needs attention
In a typical day, there is always more work to do than time
Is embracing changing the culture by developing management
A real team environment among the rank and file employees
Working with limited resources is a challenge at times
The free service is a great added plus
good place to work it you don't mind working outside
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 10, 2014
I loved it . the co workers were great . the sup were great and would work with you to make sure that you know what you are doing . I would do it again but I'm not good with hights
Excellent company to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: long days
I am sorry to leave Dish Network, both the company and people have been a joy to be apart of. I regret having to leave for reasons outside of the company.
Worst company to work for in America 3 years in a row.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Sonora, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounted tv service
Cons: everything else
The work itself is ok. Its not the most glamorous job in the world but there are worse jobs out there.

Management is an absolute joke. Anything that makes sense in your head, just go ahead and throw that out the window because that's not how "Dish" thinks.

Co-workers are awesome. Everyone is very close and help is there when needed.

Hardest part about the job is dealing with the constant changes with the company. Understood, the company is technology based so YES frequent change is expected. The constant change with the company raising expectations to unrealistic levels is absolutely unreal.

ATM i am going under investigation because i have not been able to meet their rediscussed numbers, mostly due to work being very very slow. I have been led to believe that I will soon lose my job because of the forced PDO and forced OT scheduled that some office worker came up with who guesses what days we will be busy and what days we will be slow. This process is roughly 90% WRONG!!! Many days have i come into work done one job and gone home by 10:00am, when the guy who came in for OT has a full days work...wheres the sense there?

I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about the company itself, but everyone i have interaction with on a daily basis is great.
work and talk
Coach in Training (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VADecember 9, 2014
work get a paycheck
not enjoyable
call center
help individuals with their needs
Dish Network
Tester (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 9, 2014
Coming to work. Preparing to get everything set up. Make sure tools in the right place. Start cleaning receivers. I only have 2 minutes to do 1 Receiver in 60 minutes.
Great benefits
Installer/Technician (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free tv service
Cons: working on all holidays
Management will fire you at the drop of a hat. You work in any kind of weather.
"one of the hardest jobs you'll ever have"
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2014
A day at Dish consists of sitting at your desk at the beginning of your shift, logging in, having a team meeting, and taking back to back calls until the day ends. As all sales jobs are usually stressful, Dish is probably at the top of the list.

As a sales person at Dish, you learn how to fight for "in-bound calls". You have to overcome even the smallest objections, for example, "I need to speak to my spouse".

Management is very high spirited, and full of energy. You find yourself distracted during a call as they run around in hopper costumes, and fluffy dinosaur heads trying to "lift moral".

Co-workers are mostly awesome, and all empathize with each other in times of distress.

This industry is highly competitive. but working hard can be rewarded.
Great Management and Payout
Dish Network Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2014
Pros: overtime incentives; catered lunches; healthy competitions
Cons: the job itself can be very stressful
A day on the phones can be difficult and working in a call center with this company has taught me so much. Dish is very fast paced and has high expectations which is to be admired of the company. Everyone is held accountable for their own actions. I enjoy the uncapped commission plan and the ability to work unlimited overtime. I have learned that working hard to exceed expectations will take you very far, not only in life but also in the work place. The management team is very supportive of your own personal goals and they push you to do better each day. Dish Network is overall a great company to work for and I would recommend the job to others who can handle a high stress environment and make an unlimited amount of money.
Random opportunity to make money
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseland, NJDecember 4, 2014
The time spent at Dish Network was very useful in the fact that I learned more about sales. I learned strategies to sell a product where others may not have been able to sell. The compensation was random as a usual typical sales jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a massive discount from Dish Network. The hardest part of the Job was dealing with the unstable compensation.
Productive and fun working enviroment
Executive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Littleton, CODecember 2, 2014
Outstanding job to work for, fun working environment with a wonderful opportunity to expand in the company with great benefits and wonderful supervisors. Awesome training environments with fun activities and wonderful employee appreciation camps
no review.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was not a good .it was at lest a 10 to 12 hr. day. I learned how too set up satlights . co workers did not work with me and I was the new guy so it did not go well. job was not enjoyable.
always different
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 1, 2014
working for dish was always a fast moving and changing environment. i was able to learn and grow in the company and enjoyed all the time i was with them
Nice exercise room, free satellite service
Loyalty Account Specialist (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVNovember 30, 2014
Typical day included scanning in at the door, finding desk logging in and taking calls from the customer, assisting, helping and performing the necessary policies and procedures for the job, the coaches and managers were alright and one hard part of job was maintaining the set goals for the agent
Supervisors and Co-workers are very professional and Caring
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Centennial, ColoradoNovember 24, 2014
Pros: promote from within, daily prizes, great supervisors
Cons: customer satisfaction is not a priority
Dish is a great company to work for if your are interested in advancing quickly within the company. However, if you are customer service driven and always want to help the customer to the best of your ability, regardless of how much time or effort it takes, this is not the company for you.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more