DISH Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,717 reviews matching the search
Oppressive, motivation through fear
Customer Service/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 23, 2016
Dish is a cut throat company at which you do not dare speak your mind with regard to improvements or drawbacks effecting your job. Decisions regarding crucial aspects of your job are made by people at corporate or in the call center (Littleton) have absolutely no clue as to what the job actually entails. They operate and motivate with an atmosphere of fear that you will be fired. Nothing is ever good enough for them and their metrics/stats goals are nothing short of ridiculous for providing good customer service. Managers act like wardens and essentially do very little except socialize with each other. They care nothing about their employees except how it relates to their bonuses and status.
Pros
Cons
everything
I enjoyed the work I did there was just not a great job to life balance.
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did as well the people that I was surrounded by, all though the work to life balance it not what I liked or expect from a company I work with.
Dish is a pretty good place to work.
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJune 22, 2016
I have been employed by Dish for about ten months now. While as a technician the job is very demanding in time and environment, I have to say Dish tries to give me plenty of gear to make my job as good as possible when it comes to the weather. I work four and sometimes five days a week. I get to the warehouse at 7 am every morning. I go home when the jobs are done. Most of the time between 5 and 7 pm. However I have went home as early as 3:30 pm, and as late as 11 pm. The management for the most part I believe really cares for their employees. My co-workers have always been very helpful and just a phone call away for advise when I get stuck on a problem. I would have to say the most difficult part of a Dish Technician's job is the long hours of not knowing when you are going home, and the outside environment. Both of which you should expect before taking any kind of service job. I personally enjoy the technology side of the job.
Pros
Dish programming is almost free, ability to make bonus on every paycheck, paid time off, they give you at least 2 days off and try for 3 each week
Cons
Long days, labor intensive, long hours outside
productive and fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2016
I worked at wheelhouse restorer and renewing sat elite receivers many people works there .The hardest part of there is the long shefits
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes they give a discount for satellite programming
Cons
Reasonable breaks and PDO are good there
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Field Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 22, 2016
I loved working for this company. The people are the best any where. The management is hard working and fair. I didn't want to leave this company but had to because of location.
Pros
Fun, GREAT people
Cons
it was a fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJune 21, 2016
I learned how to work with excel and how to do inventory with excel. the hardest part of the job was the driving around so much. The best part of the job was how fast the days seemed to pass.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
jealous co-workers
This work place is very unproffesional
Sales Representatives, Services, All Other (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2016
wouldn't work here again this place doesn't know how to treat its employees, they only move up people management know very well
very easy to use
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2016
worked 4 10 on a work week.
it was good place to work for in the being and then they stared to do budget cuts and they choose to let the old guy go
high turnover
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 17, 2016
just on the phone all day long get short breaks and not paid enough to deal with people yelling at you all day. company doesn't care if your sick you have to sign a contract for the 1st year of no absences.
Pros
paid training
Cons
high turnover
Cool place to make quick $$$
Inside Sales Lead (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJune 15, 2016
Cool place to make money... do not become complacent and make sure you're a self motivated individual.... be ready to work 50-60+ hours if your looking to make 60k+... YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SALE.... ABC!!!!!
Pros
can make a lot of $$
Cons
lack of consistency

Want to know more about DISH?

Ask a question
Good company
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 14, 2016
I worked here for 2 years. I was able to go from a lower department to a higher one. Although the pay was good for the area they didn't really provide much in raises. I worked very hard to excel at my job being present everyday and meeting my stats weekly. Yet when both times I hit my yearly review I didn't get much of a raise to show for it (.30 cents in total while working there not including my increase for promoting departments). I didn't much care for the mandatory overtime. I mean it was great for the paycheck but not everyone can always make it. I think it should start with voluntary before it is mandatory. I've had it that way at other employers and it seemed to always work out. Although I would work here again since it is a good company. I just hope they have made a few changes since I have been there.
Pros
Great supervisors and co workers, decent starting pay for the area
Cons
Mandatory overtime, horrible raises
Challenging and competitive sales environment with daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
Inside Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2016
Challenging, competitive sales environment. Hard work and long hours are required to be successful. Management was very supportive and gave the tools necessary to be the best. The most difficult and rewarding part of the job was educating and influencing young salespeople in closing deals and optimizing the uncapped commission. I look forward to utilizing the skills I have learned over the past four years in sales to positively effecting a top ranking ethical sales department.
Pros
Management and sales training.
Cons
Distance traveled to work.
A call center
Customer Service Representative II/Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2016
I didn't like working at dish.
I came in and worked very hard and it was never appreciated.
The management was terrible. Coworkers were okay, the most enjoyable part of the job was the money.
they know how to take care of there associates
Customer Service Rep, Technical (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 11, 2016
great place to work at. they have pool table arcade games and massage chairs to help stress. i loved working there. the hardest part is to keep your tone of voice so that it does no sound aggressive. my coworkers were amazing.
Fairly relaxed and fun atmosphere for the most part. At least until we realized what was going to happen.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TX 77511June 11, 2016
I liked this job. I believed in this company. I didn't have direction, necessarily, on where I wanted to go in the levels of this job. But that was ok. I enjoyed going to work for the most part. You have your good days and your bad. But the bad wasn't so bad. Until they decided to cut ties with our site and disregard us/find any excuse to fire anyone thy could before our last day of work. May 7th. Almost as if to reduce their expenses even further. As if it weren't enough to shut down our American site that housed over 500 employees in a small town just to open up an offshore site. Sure, business is business. Don't take it personal. But its really just another company contributing to the inevitable downfall of our economy once more. I'll never work for dish again. The trust is gone. And there are more sites to come to the same end as ours. Just watch.
Dont Work Here
Dish Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 10, 2016
Typical Day at work includes being at office at 715 Am then you get a brief before you have to go to your first job.
I learned quit a bit from other guys I had worked with but management was lazy.
Management was horrible: You had 2 FSMs that were lazy as heck and did not help whatsoever.
Coworkers were actually awesome I never had any issues with anyone that I was techs with.
Hardest part of job is usually going into a bad neighborhood or going into nasty houses.
The most enjoyable was the good people I met that bent over backwords to help you out mind you it was not management at all.
They also wanted you to sell like 14 bucks of stuff at each house ranging from surge protectors to speakers that were overpriced.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Dealing with sorry management, And forcing you to sell overpriced things
Dish
IT BUSINESS ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJune 10, 2016
Working at Dish IT department in a call center was rewarding. Support of agents, applications and hardware what is expected. The hardest part of the job was getting communication of the application issues being seen because agents metrics are affected are affected if they spend time reporting issues. The feeling of accomplishment in providing superior support is what makes the job rewarding.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Healthcare, Shift rotations for agents, Communication, Job security
Great place to work at
Customer Service Rep/Certified tech (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJune 9, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and lots of benefits and gifts. mostly the best part was working with great people who come in everyday excited to work. the hardest part was dealing with the angry customers who are frustrated about their bill and want guarantee assistants. but overall a great place to work at.
Committed employees, difficult environment to work in.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 8, 2016
The pay was pretty good. Work life balance is improving. But it's not a good environment mentally. Every nuance is about performance. Each tiny error creates anxiety. When you leave at night you are glad you got through the day, when you get up in the morning you already dread whats ahead of you. Decent pay and good, hard working people make it worthwhile. If you are prone to stress and intimidation it's not for you.
Pros
Incentive programs
Cons
Constantly changing processes, standards and measurements.
a typical workplace
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 6, 2016
A typical job pretty much layed back to where you don't have managers and supervisors breathing all down your neck. A job to get started on warehouse experience with reflexable work schedule.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
health insurance and pay

2.9