DISH
1,082 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

lots of standing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 25, 2014
This company was okay to be at until I became pregnant and they was not understanding I was extremely sick. I am glad it was a seasonal job.
Productive management and training team
On The Job Trainer (Former Employee), Thornton, COSeptember 24, 2014
i enjoyed the enviorment and that i was reconized within the first year to move into the training department.
Fast pace work enviorment
Tech Support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good deals on satellite tv and great atmosphere
Cons: na
Answer calls and help customers with technical issues they maybe having.
I learned how to handle issues with the equipment and schedule service calls.
They are willing to help you when you are having a problem or any kind of issue.
The hardest part was learning all the different stuff they offer to the customers and equipment.
The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was that everyone was willing to help everyone. – less
A decent place to work
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: contests you can win
Cons: heathcare sucks, manangement sucks if you dont brown nose them.
A typical day is answering phones non stop and doing it all within a certain amount of time. My coworkers were great. If you start doing well they look at you like you are cheating. The hire people to keep the numbers up but hire people who can not pass the entrance test.
The Usual Call Center
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free services and occasional company lunches
Cons: strict scheduling with breaks and lunches
DISH has several different departments and schedules to fit your needs which is nice. The training process is a little direct so you have to be self motivated to catch on quick. The managers hold themselves above everyone else and are always busy. All your communication with them is through your coach which is your direct supervisor which is given no – more... power so all decisions are made through your manager so any concerns or questions take a while to be taken care of. Coaches are traded around a lot so dont get used to one Coach. – less
i can say the money is ok
CSR II (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: 401 and paid time off
Cons: attendance
co workers are nice but the managment needs improvements . you wont get far with this company only if you flirt with your managers and stuff . i quit because managers are flirting with employees
Nice overall, but mentally taxing
Customer Service Representative II/ Certified Tech (Current Employee), Alvin, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: base salary, co-workers, simple job to grasp
Cons: very easy to be fired, verbal abuse on the phone
I came to Dish, lured like a moth to a flame by their base salary, full time hours, and benefits.

Training was a snap, I love my co-workers for the most part, and have forged some lasting friendships there-- but there's a stress monster lurking at the heart of the business.

It seems to be a combination of things- a (sufficient, but) unforgiving attendance – more... policy, a learning curve in emotionally dealing with the occasional irrational and belligerent customer, and being constantly squeezed between the rock-and-hard-place that is your statistics related to calls. Handle time is the bottom line of the company, leading to sloppy prior handling of customers, fixing mistakes that were simple to find and yet overlooked, and an extremely restrictive policy on what you can or can't say. I.E. you can potentially be fired on the spot if you mention that your computer is running a bit slow to a customer. (They consider it a disparaging remark about the company.) This is just one of several examples in which you can be severely reprimanded for simply being honest.

The turnover rate for the call center I work in is eye-popping. There is a very broad road to the door and a tight rope of luck to be promoted. – less
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Suwanee, GASeptember 20, 2014
Dish is about their business and works hard to get their job done
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), McKeesport, PASeptember 19, 2014
I enjoyed signing people up for dish services. There is nothing more to say.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free cable, good pay
Cons: the whole company, quick turnover rate
On a typical day, you answered about 200+ calls got a break every two hours an hour lunch. If you did not meat the requirements for the average call time or up-sales you fired. The money was nice, but not nice enough.
n/a
Technical Service Representative III (Former Employee), McKeesport, PASeptember 17, 2014
Customer service, sales, troublestooting for Wild Blue satellite internet
Worst Company in America
Customer Care/Technical Support (Former Employee), HilliardSeptember 17, 2014
Cons: everything
Worst Company in America by far..everything was bad theres not even real desks there
see resume
Inside Salesperson (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: days go by fast, the call volume is usually very high
Cons: the company is always making changes, sometimes you don't know what tomorrow might look like.
This job is unlike your typical call center atmosphere. Your day consists of managing your incoming calls the way that works best for you. You can answer a large quantity of calls to achieve more sales, or perform with higher quality per call, answering less, but being compensated for a higher closing rate. Every sales factor or skill for that matter – more... is assessed, and you are rewarded for your extra effort.
The environment at DISH is very corporate; if you log in late (even seconds) or log out early (even seconds!) you can lose a large chunk of your commissions - usually 20% (from what I can remember).
I did enjoy earning more money than I have elsewhere in the past, but I don't think the summary of work is impressive. Selling tv service with calls coming at you isn't exactly boiler room part 2' worthy. Also on another note, some people are in different ques for incoming calls. Meaning at times, you might be getting the majority of your calls from cities with less income. I don't know how ques are determined, but I have seen people with harder consistently harder calls than others. – less
Had a pool table and a ping pong table
Dr. Dish Agent (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free tv service
As a Dr. Dish agent for Dish, I was helping customers by resolving their issues over the phone. Sometimes resolving their issues meant that I had to schedule a technician visit or to send a replacement receiver.
dont work for Dish.
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 16, 2014
Dont work for dish. They do not care for you. Hours are horrible, horrible.
Worst job i've had in a long time.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: meeting lots of people
Cons: management, pay, overall company
Was with the company for 3 months and didn't even break even.
They give all the good jobs to who they like and everyone else sits at home making no money.
They make it sound like you are your own boss and the more you work,the more money you make...it's the complete opposite..you get what they give you and if you havn't been there for years you won't – more... get the jobs.
When i quit they deducted money out of every job i had done for 3 weeks..what should have been an easy $600+ check was $80..
Very disappointed and don't recommend them to anyone. – less
taking customer service calls
customer service (Former Employee), Thornton, COSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: laid back enviorment
Cons: high turn over rate
answering calls , billing , service issues .The hardest part is needing help and not be able to find any .I didn like my co workers
my work experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
I gain a lot of experience with them. I work on a call center and I know now how to manage better with the customer. Management was pretty good, treat the employes really fair. The hardest part of the job was every time a mad customer call, most enjoyable part of the job every time you give good customer service and at the end the customer thanks you – more... for it. – less
Not a bad place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2014
The job isn't hard, very easy at that, they give a script to go off of and everything. I would say the group managers are very sensitive.
outstanding workplace
TECHNICIAN INSTALLER/LEAD TECH/COMMERCIAL TECH (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
very good benefits,lovely work env all those who worked for dish would say the same.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more