DISH
1,249 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Productive and hard working environment
Tester 1 (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: pay, over time opportunity
Cons: short breaks, no ac, no smoking at all on property
At Dish I worked Monday-Thursday 12 hrs Shifts. In Receiving Department Where I was required to unload trucks, use pallet jacks to move and prepare receivers to production. Also I Clarified Products into company system in order to be received. Clarifying was fast-paced, I scanned 73 units per hr ( the average rate was 62 units.) I enjoyed Dish Network because of the warehouse atmosphere. Working Hard, Constantly having task to complete was not only fun but rewarding. I did learn at Dish that I cannot get frustrated with the co-workers who don't want to work. I believe in going to work and doing my job. I understand now everyone does not have the same work ethic. The hardest part of my job was the first 2 weeks. getting used to no A.C. and strenuous work was hard . though at the end of the day the most enjoyable part of my job was walking to my car at the end of my shift, Soaked in sweat, uniform beyond dirty, and every muscle in my body soar. But from that I knew I gave 100%, worked as hard, and did my Job.
Fun fun fun
Satellite Installer (Former Employee), Jackson TnJanuary 30, 2015
Installing satellite TV for customers. A typical day at dish is service call, install 1 room then 2 room and then another service call.
Tester (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 30, 2015
Overall my experience here was ok. I enjoyed my co-workers. They were always helpful and full of energy. The management team could use some work.
Great place to learn about Satelite TV industry
Customer Service Specialist II; Certified Tech (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free perks
Cons: management not educated or trained to assist employees
This was a great place to learn how Satelite TV works with consumers. The work environment was a call center with poor management teams. The training was inconsistent from team to team. The hardest part was dealing with poor management styles. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their questions about technical side of the operations of their equipment and their bill.
its a job
CSC ADVANCE TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: raffels free lunch sometimes a lot of give aways
Cons: they watch you like a hawk 1 min late from break and they will notice
I love the experience I gained just over being stuck on the phones all day want to interact and move around
DNS Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lunch on the go
Cons: none that i can think of
My typical day at work was about 6 installs mixed with repairs a day.I learned how to repair satellite systems as well as dial in a satellite. I would treat the customers house as if it were my own. My manager was amazing and always cared about every member on his team. My co-workers were a great group of guys who worked hard to get their jobs done. The best part of the job was being able to work with my hands, meet new people and finding out success was all up to me.
Job culture around employees was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 28, 2015
The new hired employees at the office are usually wonderful, the more tenured employees seem not to get too many benefits, though. More than a few managers are very unhelpful when you need something important. Too stressful, along with barely being able to actually help the customers with any of their actual problems at all. But other than that, besides the job itself, the culture around the people working there was great.
Alpha bay Blockbuster Integration
Sr Java Developer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
• Involved in all stages of SDLC: Requirements, Design, Coding and Unit Testing.
• Developed a JSON service to create/update Users and Suppliers which implemented Command Pattern.
• Used MVC architecture.
• Developed a tool to generate the report consisting of records/data from the Database which gets Oracle Query as input.
• This project is based on agile methodology.
• Involved in creating DTO’s and DAO’s.
• Worked on JUNIT to test the functionalities.
• Updated the dependencies in ivy.xml.
• Participated in design review meetings with the customer to take timely sign off.
• Used GIT as version control system.
• Involved in Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
• Always ensured compliance to perform and seal ability in designing the application.
• Used Version One as the defect tracking tool.
Good pay when you`re an independant retailer, but they have unethical Business practices
Self employed retailer (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: doubt there are any as an hourly employee
Cons: treat people poorly
I was one of the Independant Retailers/installers that helped establish Dish Network from the very beginning, had to pay for my own Yellow page adds and advertising to bring in customers, and actually the money per customer was quite good as long as the customers didn`t break their contracts, then the installer pretty much had all the monies taken back

Well, how did Dish thank all of us for getting them established? They sent coupons directly to their/OUR cutomers behind our backs, to get the customer to refer a friend or Family not to us, but them directly!, basically cutting us out of the loop sort to speak, so they could use Dish Networks OWN employees, and pay them much less to install Dishes and servcie them

This is the job you are applying for here, I can only imagine how they treat employees, and I used to see that they seemd to be not very well trained as I would have to go behind them to make the Satellite systems actually work properly.

No way in the world I would ever work them again, and I also will never be a customer.

Had to eventually shut down my Business, because of Dish Networks greed and other corporations deciding to get in on the action.
I am willing to bet you would be far better off working at Burger King and thats no joke.
Fun Call Center
DISH PARTNER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 26, 2015
Call center with a ton of employee benefits. Scheduling is kind of crazy, but worth it when all of the benefits of this job are considered. Very willing to train employee's to be the best they can be.
ok worplace not much room for advancement
Advanced Technical Representative (Current Employee), alvin txJanuary 24, 2015
typical day of work included answering phone calls for customers having technical issues with dish network equipment
Dish Network Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: i finally left dish
Cons: managers, advancement, training, commission/ bonuses, benefits, work environment.
I worked at Dish Network as a CSR and became what's called a Hopper White Glove Specialist. The job itself sucks answer phone calls from customers with problems agents create themselves. Training is horrible at Dish, you do the new hire training in the beginning and that's it. I mean the job is simple but the fact that a lot of people aren't on the same page as everyone else makes it difficult mainly because you will tell a customer the correct answer and then they will say " well the last agent told me something different" which makes you look like a liar. Advancement in the company, don't even try to move up unless you want to suck up to all of the under qualified managers. You can be one of the best agents in the entire company and that won't matter. Most of the managers there don't even do any work they just walk around basically being a cheerleader. The shifts aren't too bad, as long as you do a good job you will get the hours you want. The work place environment is extremely unprofessional. Everyone dresses like a bunch of bums and the place is dirty. There were mice in the place and even cockroaches! A lot of people will talk to other people while being on the phones and just mute the customer and sit there and cuss and scream about the customers, which then the customer on your phone will hear it and complain about it. Overall I would not recommend Dish Network to anyone. As far as a company and their products they have a bright future, but the way they treat their employee's don't waste your time.
Stay away from this company
Field Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Gorham, MEJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fulltime, tools and training provided
Cons: healthcare, work life balance, top down structure, inadequate compensation, management, uncontrollable metrics, heavy workloads
Uncertain hours, poor job routing, and overworked employees are all exciting things to expect if you are looking to work for this company. The top-down management structure will leave you pounding your head off a desk in only a few months, and your feedback will fall on the deaf ears of all managers. Expect to do fifteen hour days and then be sent home when there isn't any work. Expect to fight against all sense of your own wisdom and reason as you are forced to abide by a slew of nonsensical corporate policy. And expect to get written up all the time for not hitting metrics that are completely out of your hands. If this sounds good to you go ahead and apply, otherwise I recommend looking elsewhere.
A standard office job environment with high stress.
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches, the compensation can be good if you're willing to work ten hours weekly overtime, annual car giveaways and various raffles.
Cons: very little downtime, management seems to have little interest in work issues
Although I enjoy the position itself, it feels that at many times I am no longer selling but rather finding a way to get a willing prospect set up with an account. Many of the prospects are broke with poor credit and we are required to take payment upfront. This leads to a struggle to find the money rather than following a traditional sales flow. The stress of dealing with this type of person imposes high stress levels on most agents.

On the upside, earning potential is very good but the only way to make good pay is to put in at least hours a week. Overtime incentives are also launched about once a year to deal with high call volumes, many agents earn 4-5 thousand a week during these incentives.
Great growing company with great team members and management team
Tier I Technical Support (Former Employee), Lanham MDJanuary 19, 2015
I have really enjoyed working for DISH, great people and management team. very friendly environment and fast paste place and work. I have learned a lot over these years that I worked for them. The only negative side of the job is the location from my home. It is too far for me since I am trying to built my family.
Not recommended
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: some friendly supervisors
Cons: (see review)
Continuous, unexpected and inconvenient business changes; all without warning and with no explanation. Poor management. Some room for advancement but with lack of options for scheduling. Tenure does not matter here. In my opinion this company lacks both direction and reasoning.
Comfortable environment with a strong support network and sense of family.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: food on site
I have worked at Dish for almost 3 years and the ability to move up is the first thing that stands out. They help you along the way and want everyone to better themselves. A day at work would have me processing Net Promoter Surveys and Quality Assurance surveys on the agents of the company. The management group is outstanding and your colleagues are all fun and easy to get along with. I've learned a great deal of skills from phone etiquette to Microsoft Office applications to becoming a better word processor. Hardest part is the fact that I work 8-4:30 on weekdays and running errands during the week takes planning, but otherwise the job itself is great. Most enjoyable thing about work is the people. No one makes you feel unwelcome and the sense of team is extremely strong.
motivated environment, customer oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: snack area, separated smoking areas, great on-site security
Cons: consistent management changes
I enjoyed the office environment and creating meaningful relationships with my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers understand the more intricate parts of the billing. Our management teams at the time were inviting individuals who encouraged employees to accomplish more, become better, and work quickly. I learned how to be a professional at this company. The most challenging part of this job was also the most rewarding. I was able to successfully provide customer service to upset customers and was able to resolve whatever issue the customer was experiencing. I felt immense pride in being able to turn a negative situation into a wonderful conversation and would appreciate the opportunity to do so again.
Great co-workers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 18, 2015
I taught myself how to run a warehouse with help with a few people from the corp office.
Productive, competitive, friendly environment with plenty of incentives
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pool tables, sports on tv, snack/lunch bar, video games
Cons: continuous speaking for up to 5 hrs at a time
Learned the in's and out's of the company during the 4-6 week training courses.
A typical day at work consisted of an eleven hour shift, from 1:00pm-12:00am. Providing customer service and trouble shooting to customers whom wished to participate.
Management was great and very friendly.
Co-workers were always very excited to help one another and everyone always went the extra yard for one another.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more