DISH Employee Reviews

Found 1,797 reviews matching the search
it has gaming area, library, sleeping quarter
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Makati ManilaSeptember 19, 2016
Answer calls, up training both technical updates and English literacy.
As far as the management, they are very approachable and wold help us mold to be a better individual, better employee and would always give us a room for promotion.

The hardest part is the change of Schedule every quarter.
Pros
free coffee
Committed employees, difficult environment to work in.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 8, 2016
The pay was pretty good. Work life balance is improving. But it's not a good environment mentally. Every nuance is about performance. Each tiny error creates anxiety. When you leave at night you are glad you got through the day, when you get up in the morning you already dread whats ahead of you. Decent pay and good, hard working people make it worthwhile. If you are prone to stress and intimidation it's not for you.
Pros
Incentive programs
Cons
Constantly changing processes, standards and measurements.
Fast paced and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 8, 2016
Dish is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits and awesome management makes it a great place to be employed. The hours can be a tad long but breaks are always given. The hardest part about my job was some of the customers were irate but a supervisor was always willing to help. The best part about my job was the atmosphere.
Dish is a tough place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 6, 2016
Dish IT is fast-paced and totally date-driven. HR policy does not allow for any flex time or telecommuting, even during blizzards. Sr. Management is often abusive, and the internal politics often delay progress. Salaries and benefits are below average, and there is very little work/life balance.

The IT employee team is comprised of dedicated and highly motivated individuals who come through in spite of the tough conditions. Individual managers do their best to buffer their teams from the harsh HR policies.
Pros
Good people
Cons
HR policies and salary
Cutting Edge T.V. and Challenging job
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 2, 2016
As a Technician, every day is different. New customers, new experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving the customer a great T.V. viewing experience by ensuring they receive the best in class customer service that Dish is known for. You'll learn skills in connecting various audio visual components commonly found in most homes today. You'll also learn how to use various tools such as power drills and other equipment that is specific to your job as an installer. The job is not for everyone because it's not a 9-5 job. Your day ends when your route is complete. Also working in weather extremes.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Long hours, Faulty Employee evaluation system
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJune 2, 2016
Very disoriented company , constantly changing your metrics and your get penalized for things you have no control over . Example anyone who calls and want to cancel , u are told to ask them why , noted and then you have to transfer to the cancellation department . You have people calling wanting 20-100 off they bill and that's a transfer to the retention department (loyality). Now if u get multiple pple who call who wants to cancel then your transfer metric will be in red hurting u and then making u unable to get the monthly bonus. Even though they tell u to transfer they have a system in placed meant for u to fail so you don't get your monthly bonus.
Productive and fun working environment, concerned with its employees having what they need to perform well
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJune 3, 2016
A typical day consists of phone calls concerning billing or technical support. In addition to your typical work there is also ample training and time to for development. What I have learned is to seek out my own personal development and growth. Dish has one of the best work cultures I have every experienced.
Pros
Food Trucks, Game Room
Cons
Healthcare
Dish Network
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80120June 4, 2016
Dish Network is a decent company to work for. I really enjoyed working in the customer service, tech help, training and quality control department. You also get free dish network service if you work for them.
The bad part about working for dish network is their scheduling. If you work in customer service or tech help, you could end up working split shifts, or any other schedule they wish you to work.
Pros
Fullfilling work.
Cons
Scheduling
Contains ping pong tables and pool table to use during lunch
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 30, 2016
Great company to work for but it is also a stressing job, Customer are the ones that make the job a stressing job. The surrounding on the company are of a great ambient.
Pros
Fun days, company provides food sometimes and games
Cons
Stressing days, many goals have to be met from a whole group
You Don't Want To Work For Dish
National Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMay 28, 2016
If you want to work for a company that doesn't care about their employee's or a job security this is the company to work for. The management a lot of times is crooked and the supervisors that are actually good they tend to let go. If management doesn't like you or feel you don't fit in with them they will find a way to fire you. In the QA department they want you to tell on your co workers for Facebook post and want you to give ideas that they take credit for in the end.
Pros
N/A
Cons
shady and poor management

Want to know more about DISH?

Ask a question
Enjoyable work place that cared for its employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79936June 1, 2016
Really good workplace. Had many benefits for employees. Trainings were spot on as well which helped me be better informed about new products.Management was very professional, even floor managers would help out if there was any questions you had instead of sending you to someone else. Co-workers were always happy as well. There was a very face paced environment which may be the hardest part of the job however, supervisors would make sure we always had our questions answered. There would be many employee appreciation days in which we could get free food, there were xbox and playstation carts around the center which employees could play with during brakes, family activities were provided on Holidays.
High stress
Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2016
With the knowledge that a new hire has zero experience, the stress level to learn and progress is very high. My immediate manager was patient yet conveyed that I was wavering on dismissal.

The most enjoyable part was working on my own.

The hardest part of this job is the sleep loss from the stress.
Pros
Good hours. Four 10 hr days.
Cons
too many to list
Dont Work Here
Dish Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 10, 2016
Typical Day at work includes being at office at 715 Am then you get a brief before you have to go to your first job.
I learned quit a bit from other guys I had worked with but management was lazy.
Management was horrible: You had 2 FSMs that were lazy as heck and did not help whatsoever.
Coworkers were actually awesome I never had any issues with anyone that I was techs with.
Hardest part of job is usually going into a bad neighborhood or going into nasty houses.
The most enjoyable was the good people I met that bent over backwords to help you out mind you it was not management at all.
They also wanted you to sell like 14 bucks of stuff at each house ranging from surge protectors to speakers that were overpriced.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Dealing with sorry management, And forcing you to sell overpriced things
Fun place with great advancement opportunities.
Commercial Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 25, 2016
A team meeting to get pumped, and i was ready to help both internal and external customers. I learned a great deal about customer service and skill development from both management and fellow agents. Though the hardest part was dealing with frustration, the most enjoyable part was making breakthroughs and progress when tackling such frustration.
Pros
Skill development, advancement
Cons
30min lunches, healthcare
A good place to work and good people you work with as well
Commercial rep (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 25, 2016
A day at dish is coming in and talking to customers that need help and some just like to talk to you while you work.What you learn is good cust service and getting to know people and you have oprtions to move up in the company.people you work with are real helpful and like to talk to you.Hardest part is that some cust dont have time to talk and give you a hard time somtimes.Most enjoyable part is when you talk to that cust that makes your day and says thay love talking to you.
Pros
peopleyou work with and pay days off
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Nothing out of the word
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 14, 2016
Dish Network (stylized as "dish") is an American direct-broadcast satellite service provider. The company provides satellite television, satellite Internet access, audio programming, and interactive television services to commercial and residential customers in the United States
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Poor healthcare system
I chose this job in order to remain in communications, and further my experience.
Field Service Technician IIII (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 13, 2016
I have enjoyed this experience with dish. Technicians ask me often, how did you do it, when you are a retired soldier of 23 years. Starting in June 10, 2016 through July 13, 2016. I first first tell them it was not me along, as a older soldier, I have made it. I am so grateful.
comfortable work/life balance with very supportive management teams
FSS 4 (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 22, 2016
4 day work weeks with opportunities for overtime pay. Managers that are willing to work with you to help you continue to grow and learn best practices for quality timely installation of satellite tv.

Hardest part for me is working in the rain, while all the necessary attire is freely given, it still stinks getting rained on. But I do love the 3 day weekends, free tv, and the independence of being at a job on your own and the satisfaction of putting a customer at ease by portraying that you will respect them and their homes.
Pros
free tv, supplied company tools and equipment
Cons
healthcare benefits are weak, and heavy metric based
You are only a number. If you dont meet their idea of a "professional Technician", start looking for a new job.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCMay 28, 2016
They set these metrics that you are required to hit or you will not make any money. they want to work you for 70+ hour and pay you based off production. Which is never set in stone. You get a set number of "units" for each job. each unit is worth whatever tier you are. so lets say you are a tier 5 tech, a service call is worth 8 units. a tier 5 tech makes $1.95 a unit. so you make less than $20 for service call that could take only 20 minutes, or it could take you 4 hours. but guess what? you dont make any more money. the only thing you get is more attention from management. i do not recommend this company to anyone unless you have absolutely no other options.
Pros
company van, gas card
Cons
pretty much everything else
Excellent break room, can be fun, lots of opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 25, 2016
Very corporate minded. Excellent place to learn technical trouble shooting for video. Management is hands off. Co-workers must be high energy and self sufficient. Hardest part of the job is finding support. Most enjoyable part of the day is having the customer say thank you.

2.9