DISH Employee Reviews

relaxing and on your own time
Dish Network (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 30, 2017
Dish was a really mellow job you worked on your own time and when ever you had time. The more sales you made the more commission you will make it all depended on you how much you wanted to make
had ping pong pool tables
Retention Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXOctober 30, 2017
In all dish network was a great place to work it had it all . Great opportunity for advancements , good entry level pay and great management,also they had great job culture .
Pros
free lunches all the time
Cons
had to work . mandatory overtime from time to time
Dish
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2017
DISH is a great place to work, they are friendly, try their best to work around your schedule, and do the best they can to train you for the job you applied for.
Pros
Lunch room, game areas, break areas.
Poor management with almost no support
Senior Dr (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 29, 2017
Probably the best thing about Dish is the ability to work remote which has its drawbacks due to the fact you have to be within miles of the call center. 2 1/2 years ago Dish started changing directions and many of the advanced skills coaches were let go and inexperienced people who have no experience or knowledge of the advanced skills were placed in positions to replace these coaches. Today if we come across issues that require a supervisor to get involved we have little to no support. They have spilt up our teams with what they call preference scheduling which was supposed to enhance our support but had the opposite effect. In order to work remotely we are treated as if we are at Dish's beckon call and they can and will change our schedules without notice. We are expected to double check scheduling and email (which is work related) when we are off duty. We are required to work split shifts which make it almost impossible to have a normal work/life relationship. our salaries are based at the low end of the spectrum considering that the top of our scale is just above starting wages at our competition.
Best job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WV 24701October 28, 2017
They give you time off the phone when you need it so not to burn you out.
best benefits.
contest with awesome prizes like 4k tv's or chrome book ect.
cook outs. paid training
Pros
paid training and prizes
Cons
irate customers
pros and cons
Fraud Specialist and commerial csr (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 26, 2017
on my first year at dish the moral was high energy was great bur over the years employee perks stopped and scheduling was inconsistent on a constant basis towards the last 2 years
Pros
great pay
Cons
managment, constant inconsitstant schedules and call center moral
N/a
Account Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 26, 2017
It was a decent place to work but I did not like the business rules that were set and caused too many people problems. For that reason I decided to resign.
Not too good
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 26, 2017
I left a job doing telecommunications to take a job because of competitive pay or so I thought. After working my 90 days i asked for a raise, one that I was promised, but even with 7 years in the business and my performance werent enough to move up from 12 an hour even though i was promised more. not to mention no take home vehicle even though i lived close to an hour away. i wouldnt recommend working here unless you enjoy working for less.
Pros
Cons
just about everything from the ceo down
The main dish
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2017
DISH was a great experience. Super fun but can be extremely demanding with the call volumes. It's all inbound though so its really not too terrible if you can manage your time well. Best to learn to brush off negativity if you wish to excel. You get 30 min of break used how and when you want. An hour lunch. Awesome benefits and discounts! Good place to work.
Was a good start
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 25, 2017
This was a great place to start at. Started as a tech, worked my way up through management. Started many things there and was able to get credit for doing so. Was just my last boss that turned it sour along with the lack of development opportunities.
Lack of direction
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2017
If you like working where there are too many variables you can't control, then this is the place for you... My immediate supervisor was great to work for, would do anything he could to help. Unfortunately he was not the person who was able to effect change when it came to the people outside of the location. I would gladly work with him again in a heart beat but not for DISH.
Pros
Immediate supervisor
Cons
Expensive health care benefits, poor upper management.
Dish
Executive Resolutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 25, 2017
The atmosphere in this call enter was very high school and in order to recognized for anything you would have to be a suck to the main boss and your supervisor
Pros
Great peopleto work with
Cons
Favortizsom is an issue
its was enjoyable
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 25, 2017
Working at Dish Network was a fun experience for me.
I was able to assist Customers with there experiences with Dish Network and also able to provide Satellite Services.
Loved it then POOF! gone...
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXOctober 24, 2017
When I first moved to Texas, I looked for work in the town I lived in. Everyone I spoke with they recommended DISH as a place to work at. I applied and within 2 weeks I was in a new hire class. Training was very good and it allowed me to succeed at the job. I was able to advance very quickly and moved to different departments within the company. I was able to travel with the company and learn new aspects of my job and the television business as a whole. I was recognized many times for performance and was given the honor of meeting the CEO, CFO, as well as many other people in corporate management. The only issue with DISH was they decided not to renew their lease on the building they were using in my town. This meant that over 500 people were going to lose their jobs, including myself. I was asked to move to a different site but since I was married and my wife had her own career in the area, moving was not an option. Other people were not so lucky as me with an offer to move. I loved my job with DISH. I just wished they were able to stay in my town but that is the nature of business.
Pros
Paid Training, Flexible hours, great benifits.
Cons
They moved away and left over 500 people jobless and a comunity devestated.
High risk
Satellite Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDOctober 24, 2017
This is a high risk job. If you do not like heights, or ladders period, do not apply. They don't really care as much about safety as they say. You can be in the snow and end up on someones roof to install a dish.
Stable work
Support Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2017
Great place to go if you're happy in the role you're assigned, because you'll likely never get out of it. Pay was below market rate, and the annual staff cullings were very stressful.
Pros
Free TV
Cons
No advancement, poor pay, poor work/life balance
An Honest Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 23, 2017
I worked for Dish Network for the better part of two years, and it wasn't all bad. Ultimately, I left after my wife went into labor. I had requested the day off (months in advance) and then when my wife's due date came along, we were under mandatory six days/week, and I was then told "no" and that I would have to call my wife after she had the baby. After protesting to the center manager, I was allowed to leave for ONE HOUR to visit my wife. Also, during the two years I worked here, I was involved in a car accident. When I called Dish, there was no "are you OK?" simply "when can you be here? we're short handed". It struck me as odd and very impersonal. I was also forced to take a promotion I didn't want, bringing with it a 50 cents/hour raise and being placed on a call split in which every single customer was highly upset, and they were prone to using language.
On the plus side, if you work part-time you pretty much write your own schedule. This is a decent job for college kids, but certainly not married adults with lives outside of living for Dish Network.
Pros
The pay was average.
Cons
You are a warm body in a seat, not much more.
Decent place to work, limited in advancement
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 23, 2017
My boss and direct reports are great but upper management is immune to the struggles of the field. The industry is in trouble of being phased out and the product has become extremely hard to sell.
Pros
Good work-life balance, solid middle management
Cons
Tough Industry
Great Job
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYOctober 23, 2017
Working with Dish Network was very Good for me
It helped me learn new things.
Anyone who likes to travel and meet new people would love this as a career
Pros
Freedom
Stressful and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2017
This company is a joke. I pursued a career with this company and wish to the heavens above that I didn’t . This company has a high turnover I worked here for about 5 month and durning that time I seen emergency vehicles parked everyday waiting to wheel people out from being stressed the —�— out this place is not healthy. Now if your one of the chosen and their fav you will go far and maybe get the chance to move up this turned out to be the worse job I have ever worked in my whole working career they push on you that this is a career but this is a job to get you by if your welling to deal with the stress and the constant change
Pros
Meeting new people/ co workers
Cons
Everything there is nothing good or great about this place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9