DISH
1,367 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Terrible. Avoid this job
Technician (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEApril 27, 2015
I worked here for about a year. It starts off great, but quickly turns into one of the most demanding and difficult jobs that you could ever do. I was a remote technician and the fact that they are paid the same as metro techs is insane. There is so much more responsibility involved.
Toxic Culture
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 26, 2015
Cons: Terrible leadership, lacks professionalism, no work-life balance, zero respect for employees
Understand that Dish Network does not care at all about its employees.

As hard as I have worked and as loyal as I was for the many years of service at Dish Network, they do not reciprocate any loyalty. Employees are truly expendable and they are treated as such.

All levels of management at Dish Network are as unprofessional as any work place that I have been apart of. From emotional tirades to angry explosions with no concern of professionalism, Dish's leadership lacks all that it takes to be truly be respected as a professional environment.

There is no trust, respect for people or work-life balance within the walls of Dish Network.

Beware, Dish Network is poisonous, toxic, and offers no appropriate mentoring or advancement. Due to the lack of quality leadership, I did not grow as a professional.

Dish Network truly does earn the label of "worst place in America to work," as given by GlassDoor.com

Its unfortunate, its a Colorado company that truly does not care about the community or its people.
Great compensation and benefits -Poor hours and oppurtunities
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: great training, compensation, and benefits
Cons: poor hours, advancement opportunities, with stressful hard workload
I enjoyed my time working as a technician directly for Dish Network. (not a contractor) Our work schedules consisted of 4 days straight a week typical scheduled from 7am - 5pm - however they typically lasted much longer on average I would be back at the office around 7 but occasionally I'd be out as late as 10pm. Its all dependent on their workload which in my area was extremely high as well as having a high turn over rate of the technicians. We worked all Holidays and received time and a half for it. However requesting off was not something that you can do. Your scheduled time is just that its what you work or don't work at all. Also advancing is a nearly impossible task. Its based on many different factors that your rated on which is a good idea on paper but in reality a lot of those factors while your in the field boil down more to luck and experience rather than skill or work ethic. My suggestion is only be a technician if your very well fit and can handle a stressful environment and the hours they impose on you. It isn't for your everyday person with a family. Find a better career this is more than less a temporary position for many people for good reason.
very stressful workplace
SATELITE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), atlanta gaApril 24, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: management
very stressful workplace with to many demands and also want you to be sales rep as well as technician this is definitely a temporary job this job is also physically demanding and i mean very physically demanding
DESKTOP SUPPORT
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), HOUSTON, TEXASApril 23, 2015
DESKTOP SUPPORT FOR THE COMPANY AND REMOTE USERS. MAINTAINED AND REPAIRED ALL COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AS WELL AS NETWORK AND WIRELESS NETWORK.
Customer Service at it's best
Customer Service, Telco Partner Trained (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Promotions
Cons: Pay
Dish Network is the type of organization that strives to promote within. They have a very strong work ethic and encourage employee interaction.
Tough place to thrive. Be cautious of new CEO (Ergen) that his values are in alignment with your professional preferences
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Plenty of opportunity to make a difference
Cons: Little development of its staff. Rare evidence of management's appreciation of a job well done.
Poorly communicated strategies on how the business wants to achieve unknown business objectives. Very little internal movement of staff between business units to grow its rank and file.
Good "foot in the door" job.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Dish provided all the training and resources for the job. They offered good pay and good benefits. The days would start early and end late but they made up for long days with revolving schedules so the physical demands of the job weren't overwhelming.
Decent work place with lots of incentives and oppertunities to win prizes.
CSR (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2015
Pros: Incentives for free gifts, big break room
Cons: Hard to commuinicate with management, hard to promote.
Dish is not a bad job, stressful at times due to the fact that they measure stats on employees through an index. Lots of opportunities to win things and plenty of incentives. A typical day at work is to come in and have a team meeting for 10 minutes talking about how to improve, we learn new things about the company and any changes that have been made. My coworkers for the most part are positive and outgoing, willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job is keeping all stats above index. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing goals and task that are set for you.
Best Co-workers
Staff Business Analyst (Data-Warehouse) (Former Employee), EnglewoodApril 16, 2015
Best Co-workers -Smart - all rounded
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Fast paced and interesting projects
Individual can make a difference
If you Like not knowing if you have a job everyday this place is for you
Sales (Current Employee), Littleton, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: Food, Redbull, Money, prizes, breaks whenever.
Cons: MANAGEMENT, training, metrics, Miscommunication, no job security, lack of leadership, sitting for long periods of time
Horrible work environment, no communication with any leads or upper management, they retroactively implement new changes and can fire you for something that was not set in place months prior. They expect you to work overtime, if you deny it you are on the list. Call expectations constantly change ( who could understand that HUMAN error can happen)

there is not enough information or tools out there to keep up with the ever so many changes that happen in the sales department. Management is never on the same page and it can COST you your job. Vote worst place to work multiple time and I can see why.

Pay structure is a joke but if you can keep up with the changes and not get Tiers you will make great money.
Great Company
Dish Technician (Former Employee), Malvern, ARApril 15, 2015
This company offers excellent pay and benefits. They will work with you however you need them to and they have a great overall company culture.
Fun Workplace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 15, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, Great Incentives, Fun work environment, Good pay
Cons: Taking calls for 8 hours, Mandatory ET
I loved working at Dish. Its hard taking phone calls 8 hours a day, but employees are well compensated. They make it fun and offer a lot of great incentives. However they do have mandatory ET, while its great getting time and a half its also inconvenient to be told you'll have to stay an hour later in the middle of your shift.
overall environmental
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: discounted services, flexibility
Cons: upper management, pay
Dish was ok, I was an invented specialist for almost 2 years. Flexibility was great but the pay was not that great and management did go to bat for you. My license was expired and I was suspended. After 3 weeks of not hearing anything I asked the OM what was up and he said HR was still reviewing my case. I get on Indeed to look for a job and found out that my position was posted 3 weeks ago.
FUN PLACE TO WORK, BONUS AVAILABLE
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: AT HOME EXPERIENCE, WATCH TV AND RELAX MAYBE PLAY A LITTLE PING PONG
Cons: MORE PERCENTAGE ON BENEFITS FOR CO PAYS
GREAT EXPERIENCE. LEARNED HOW TO DE ESCALATE CALLS WHEN CUSTOMERS ARE IRRATE. MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS WERE ALWAYS WILLING TO PROVIDE ASSISTENCE OR FEEDBACK. HARDEST PART WAS WHEN CUSTOMERS WITHIN WHATEVER THE CALL WAS ABOUT WOULD OPEN UP AND ITS LIKE YOU BOTH WERE CONNECTED SOME HOW AND HAD TO DISCONNECT AND NO LONGER HEARING FROM THAT PERSON. AT THE SAME TIME IT WAS ENJOYABLE TO HAVE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT STATES DIFFERENT AREAS TO CALL IN AND MAKETHOSE MEMORABLE CONVERSATIONS AT THE SAME TIME ASSISTING WITH WHATEVER IS GOING ON WITH THEIR ACCOUNT
It's a job
Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: work/life balance, goals hard to meet, harrassment to meet the near impossible goals
Worked there just over 5 years. Wasn't to bad at first then progressively went down hill after year 2. When Charles Ergon stepped down and Bill Clayton became CEO seemed to be the big change. Became a rat race to do as many jobs in a day even if it took time away from the customer. Summer time comes in Arizona and the heat increases rather then get off at a decent time it meant work later since there was more daylight. Every year the bar went up and up even though we didn't have more time so we would have to work faster making short cuts and less customer ed just to get the work done so we didn't get fired which they threatened a lot. now comes sales. They started dish home services selling sound bars and tv mounts. Now we have to try and make more time with the customer to sell stuff and get our jobs done or be fired. Since I was fired I feel much better and I sleep much better at night. Charles Ergon has become CEO again so time will tell where it leaves my friends. I would not recommend this job to anyone unless you don't have a family. Pay can be good and they provide medical, 401k, and dental. Not much room for advancement as a tech.
Great workplace with gym facilities
INSIDES SALES REP (Former Employee), Roseland, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, coffee, tea
Cons: n/a
Ability to retain customers with save offers. Good interaction with co-workers. Friendly environment. Team meeting on product knowledge and offers.
Rated USA's number 1 worst place to work in 2013&2014
Advance Technical Support (Former Employee), alvin,txApril 5, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: rather not list
I would not recommend anyone to work at DISH.

-Not a flexible schedule
-they recently fired all managers, and brought in new ones
-sometimes you have 1000+ calls in Q, breaks or lunches are suppressed till Q is lowered
-Sometimes management would allow you to wear jeans instead of business casual
Working at Dish as an entry level job really good for experience since it builds up the base customer service mentality.
International Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 4, 2015
1. A short team meeting for daily update and review of any changes. start taking calls. Learned customer service, multitasking, operate different application to review customers account. Update knowledge of the product, pricing. Handle escalated situation and deescalate. making quick decision and provide consultancy about whole home service. Every calls are different so never get bored.
Enjoyed my 11 years of employment
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: Pay rate
Cons: Working Holidays and unrealistic corporate driving metrics
This job is not for everyone, but hard work and dedication will give you the advantage needed to be a successful employee

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries