DISH

DISH Employer Reviews

Cubuicle city
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Alvin TXMay 15, 2014
The environment was always the same and not much interaction with co workers.
Difficult place to work
Manager | Director Training (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoMay 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to advance, because of high turnover
Cons: high turnover and change can make consistency hard
It depends on the department and manager on your experience.
long hours not a bad place to work
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 13, 2014
everyone is usually friendly at dish. do the same thing over and over all day.
very comfortable enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: lots of incentives
Cons: long period of time on calls
answering calls and help customers with billing and technical issues..
receptionist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pine Brook, NJMay 12, 2014
i liked this job. it gave me alot of experience with computers and customers.
Fun workplace
Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 7, 2014
Excellent food vendors met people from all over the world not only customer wise but work managers wise as well.
Call Center environment
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 7, 2014
Pros: did recieve free t.v.
Cons: micromanaging.
It was okay. It was not my true career choice. Management was okay.
Great work environment
Advanced tech support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company, fun work environment, great co-workers
Technicians get the shaft
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: three days off in a row. work independently. time goes by quickly
Cons: unfair treatment of technicians. the "pie" system is broken
I will start out by saying that the actual work at dish is great. I love going to customers homes and installing TV and fixing problems. I also like the scheduling. However, the technicians' pay is based on a system that is completely unfair and which the technician has little to no control over. For example : Job completions. You are judged on the – more... jobs you complete. However if a customer cancels, or if there are too many trees in a customers yard you will get an "incomplete" and they dock your pay. ( they take money out of your bonus that is well needed because the hourly is ridiculously low for the type of work it is). Sometimes they put cancellations on your route that weren't even yours to begin with. This happens on a weekly basis. So it does not matter how good you are or how fast you are.....you get docked.

Next category is Customer Satisfaction surveys. You are rated on a 1-10 scale. 10 being the highest. The customer gets five categories to rate you on. If you get all tens and one nine...you fail! Then you lose money. One of the categories is "did the technician show up on time"? You do not have control over how long a job may take because they are all different.

Trouble calls...If a customers' dog chews on the cabling within 10 days of your visit..you get dinged for it. (this happened recently). If a customer cannot figure out their VCR operations and they call the company....you get dinged for it.

The technician is basically held accountable for everyones mistakes including their own. You have customer service reps on the phone that tell customers things that are not true and have no accountability for their actions.

Next category would be the points per hour. You are given a certain number of points per job based on its supposed degree of difficulty. However these numbers do not always line up. I was given a six room new install and was given the points for only one room. When I called the customer service center to get it fixed, they were unable to modify the work order because the customer was behind on their bill by twelve dollars and did not have the money to pay. I was given the points for a one hour job. That screw job alone hurt my points per hour so badly that it would take me a month to recover from it.

It boils down to corporate not caring about the technician and making cut backs at the technicians' expense. This is not sour grapes this is one hundred percent fact. We are all angry at how the system is running. I could continue on but I think you get the idea. – less
Has been a great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Littleton, COMay 6, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, contest, satellite. team support
Cons: angry customers.
I was nervous about what working at DISH would be like due to the negative reviews. However, I can honestly say it has been a great job. Though working in a call center can be stressful, I always enjoy the people I work with and the atmosphere. I have learned many skills that will benefit me in the future. As with any job there are some negatives, but – more... your career at DISH is what you make of it. I am grateful for my job here. If you want to move into other positions, my advice is to make sure you show up on time and don't call in sick. They base any advancement on attendance first when being considered for a position. – less
was one of the most boring place to work
Bilingual Sales Associate (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 6, 2014
the wage is per hour plus commission, which one was more. they used to pay other benefits per products you sell but they cut.
This company is a very stressful company to work for, as schedules were ever changing was not flexible for families.
Executive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 5, 2014
Pros: reduced rates for cable
Cons: poor morale
Though the job was challenging, I believe that this company is not family oriented especially for single parent families whether it is due to deoployment or a breakdown in the family unit. They believe that you get the shift where you arrive at 5:00 am or get off at 11:00 pm the business would be the most important reason for your shifht and would not – more... be flexible to allow your to get someone to trade time slots. I felt bad for may people that had to quit because they were unable to be flexible for drastic shifts as most daycares work from 600 am 6:00 pm – less
Constant Changing Schedule
Customer Service and Technical Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 5, 2014
loved my co-workers, however due to the constant schedule changes.
Not a very productive place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXMay 4, 2014
DISH does not take care of their employees. They force their services on you as an employees. The also have very poor products and services.
Great Job Great Benefits Great People
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Garden City, GAMay 2, 2014
Still till this day I loved working for DISH. Given the opportunity to go back I would in a heart beat. Some days were long but I loved the work. The only down fall was some days they were long and the drive time to work from were my residence was. But overall great job.
workaholic
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 1, 2014
i love to work, whether its physical work or just sit behind a desk. i'm never late and i always take my job serious.
This is deffinately a good job to gain experience with customer service skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: your got free sattelite service.
Cons: attendance rules were not good at all.
At Dish your mainly working with customers regaurding their billing questions, technical problems and also making changes onto their accounts such as program changes or even an exchange on equipment. We were in the middle of changing managers and one thing I did dislike was the attendance policy. If you were late even by seconds you would get counted – more... off as if your were absent half the day and mangers will not remove the 1/2 of point you would receive. The job alone wasn't hard at all. You just had to pay attention to the training and it was pretty easy. What I liked the most about the job is you had to get their services in your home to learn about the equipment and it was free. – less
Great way to gain multiple skills
Temporary Agent (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 30, 2014
Pros: great place to gain multiple skills
Cons: no benefits, no solid employment.
Working for a temporary agency you cannot expect much. I was sent to multiple jobs and interviews as every job was a filler for seasonal or if they had increased work load. The only reason I rate it so low is because sometimes the jobs would lay you off without warning or no real reason. Then it was a scramble fest and possible months without employment.
Good environment to work in
Satellite/Cable Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
Travel,go new places and meet new people.
Better customer service skills,How to become an better Installer and how to make people around me happy.
Management was ran good.
My co-workers where good to get along with and helped if needed.
Sales would be the hardest part of the job considering I did't get enough training in that area of business.
The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was to have the opportunity to travel. – less
Not so great.
Customer Service Representative/ Loyalty Agent (Former Employee), Thornton, COApril 27, 2014
This is an inbound call center. I basically just learned how to perfect my customer service skills. The management isn't very helpful, they really don't seem to care too much for their employees. The co-workers are nice, but not life long friends. Hardest part of the job is just getting through the work day at this company.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more