DISH

1.5K reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pacing
Cosmetics (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
When i was working at Dish Network a typical day at work was doing the same thing that i have learned and showing up with a good attitude and get my numbers. I learn how to get my rhytm and get my pace and get my speed up a little without miss a defect. My coworkers was the best we treated each other like we was family we always would push each other to do our best at everything we did. The hardest part of the job was learning how to keep your numbers up and speed without missing a defect and messing up. The most emjoyable part of the job was spirit week we could dress up and we when having a dinner.
Great place to work!
customer service/ technical support (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 12, 2015
i really enjoyed the time i worked at Dish in El Paso Texas. The Staff and atmosphere was great! I would of never left if i had a place to stay in Texas. All of the superiors treated you so well. If you needed help they were on it.
Ok place to work
Installar (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJune 12, 2015
bad part of the job, being sent to different locations daily, having to crawl under houses, not compensated fairly for work done. Always felt rushed against the clock.
very hostile work environment
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: 3 days off
Cons: constantly scared of losing your job
was voted the worst place to work 2 years in a row that should say enough. management is two faced and will not defend you. they are always looking for a way to fire someone in a way that they would not have to pay for unemployment and will even bend the law to make sure that happens. They do not care about employee rights.
Aweome and fun Job
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Almost everything
Cons: Not alot of room for advancment
Very interesting hands on job. If you dont mind hard work and sweat you'll love it. Very good pay and benefits. Lots of training and company provided uniforms are cool.
Its Ok
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJune 11, 2015
Had plenty of work, but the paid was low starting. Gain experience from learning about connecting SAT television. Its excellent for someone who want to start a career.
OK
Inventory Specialist, Field Service Tech (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIJune 10, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
at the time i worked there i did not like the way the company was operating, but things could have changed within the last 10 years.
Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2015
Pros: Always something new
Cons: not know what time you will get off when you start the day
Lots of over time and being able to work on your own and meet new people every day, You have to start the day early and you work hard the whole day. However, you are not doing the same thing the whole day so it feels like it goes by quickly.
Dish
telecommunications agent (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJune 10, 2015
High stress job. I learned to have empathy with customers and provide first class customer support. The managers varied in duties and some were more qualified than others. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the upset customers and trying to calm them down.
Positive co workers
Customer Service / Technical Representative III (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
Great time i had here with the trainers and learning a lot and embracing this job. Only tip i would give is to help the employees a little bit more better.
Does not pay well for what you are expected to do.
In-Home Service Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 8, 2015
Not a very good job for the small pay. They put you through a lot of training, but don't train you on important parts of the job. If you have questions don't call management, they will tell you to call someone else.
Never a Dull Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thornton, COJune 8, 2015
Pros: the co workers
Cons: management not being on phones
There were always new customers and problems to fix. I learned to have patience with people and listen. To be able to help with a customer with their problems you need to know as much details as you can.
Installed satellite dishes
Technician (Former Employee), Front Royal VaJune 7, 2015
Pros: got a van to drive
Cons: Long hours for not that great of pay
Go to work pick up a pack for the day and stock up your van to go out for the day. I learned how to install sat. dishes and site them in. Management was ok all in all they were cool and easy to talk to. Great bunch of guy and gals that would help you out if needed. Working outside in the rain, cold, snow and getting on the roofs in the winter that you could fall off. Riding around from job to job was nice.
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Littleton, COJune 4, 2015
I do not have much to say about this company other than management does not respect it's employees the way I feel they should.
Unpredictable work hours
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 2, 2015
Pros: ??
Cons: Long hours, incorrect work orders, and scoring criteria for promotions were virtually impossible
Long hours, company penalized you if a customer didn't have a landline phone connection to hook receivers to. We would get sent out with work orders where customers knowingly didn't have a landline phone, and that would affect your numbers for advancement. Also sales people constantly had incorrect equipment for the job which resulted in excessive travel time back to the warehouse to get the correct equipment. This resulted in lowering your productivity which was graded and factored in on your score for promotion. Sometimes we would be 70 miles away from the warehouse.
Pros and Cons to Dish
Coach (Current Employee), Alvin, TXJune 1, 2015
There is a lot of opportunity for growth in Dish, but it is also very limited.
The hardest part of the job was watching how the supervisors were treated by the management staff and the lack of support that was being offered. The easiest part of the job was interacting with my peers and the agents.
ok place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: short breaks if any lunches are 30 minutes
loud music and tvs always on full blast unable to hear the customers coaches are not fully trained ... and I wish I had more training ..
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: long lunch time (1 hour)
Cons: long working hours (10 hours)
I loved working for Dish Network. The office environment was great. They do have good schedules and nice people working in there. They have a good hands on training program in place. I learned a lot and excelled at my position. I learned dealing with angry customers in a reasonable fashion.
The only downside to Dish is all the office and corporate politics.
Good benifits, great office environment
Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good benifits, Learned a lot, Great office environment
Cons: Office politics, Was not given enough notice that our office was shutting down (IMO).
I loved working for Dish Network. The office environment was great. They have a good hands on training program in place. I learned a lot and excelled at my position. I received the "Router of the year" award my first year. The only downside to Dish is all the office and corporate politics. I was not given enough notice that our office was shutting down in my opinion
Not a comfortable job as far as security
Customer agent (Former Employee), phoenixMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, easy parking, lots of free promotional items and free cable
Cons: Not enough training, limited support available, rough phone customers
The company started out a job where you feel really good about the job you are working for. Until they start to promise things like pay increases. No consideration for your health. If you are sick you must still come in. Just only believe half of what you hear.
Headquarters