DISH
1,253 reviews

DISH Employer Reviews

Comfortable environment with a strong support network and sense of family.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Christiansburg, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: food on site
I have worked at Dish for almost 3 years and the ability to move up is the first thing that stands out. They help you along the way and want everyone to better themselves. A day at work would have me processing Net Promoter Surveys and Quality Assurance surveys on the agents of the company. The management group is outstanding and your colleagues are all fun and easy to get along with. I've learned a great deal of skills from phone etiquette to Microsoft Office applications to becoming a better word processor. Hardest part is the fact that I work 8-4:30 on weekdays and running errands during the week takes planning, but otherwise the job itself is great. Most enjoyable thing about work is the people. No one makes you feel unwelcome and the sense of team is extremely strong.
motivated environment, customer oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: snack area, separated smoking areas, great on-site security
Cons: consistent management changes
I enjoyed the office environment and creating meaningful relationships with my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers understand the more intricate parts of the billing. Our management teams at the time were inviting individuals who encouraged employees to accomplish more, become better, and work quickly. I learned how to be a professional at this company. The most challenging part of this job was also the most rewarding. I was able to successfully provide customer service to upset customers and was able to resolve whatever issue the customer was experiencing. I felt immense pride in being able to turn a negative situation into a wonderful conversation and would appreciate the opportunity to do so again.
Great co-workers
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 18, 2015
I taught myself how to run a warehouse with help with a few people from the corp office.
Productive, competitive, friendly environment with plenty of incentives
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pool tables, sports on tv, snack/lunch bar, video games
Cons: continuous speaking for up to 5 hrs at a time
Learned the in's and out's of the company during the 4-6 week training courses.
A typical day at work consisted of an eleven hour shift, from 1:00pm-12:00am. Providing customer service and trouble shooting to customers whom wished to participate.
Management was great and very friendly.
Co-workers were always very excited to help one another and everyone always went the extra yard for one another.
Was a good job but not what I wanted to do as a career
Inspector (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: good hours and benefits
Cons: not what i wanted for a career
Dish Network is a good company to work for it is hard work but there is room for advancement and the people including mgmnt were great to work for. Its not what I wanted for a career it was a job to me.
My mother got very ill and I had to leave to go be with her so I decided to start my own company back up that I was doing on the side already.
Dish Network
Field Rep (Former Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2015
The job itself could have been really fun. But management did not care about there employees. Co-workers were great, Hardest part of the job was having to do the job without the right equipment on a steady bases. Meeting new customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee), Port Angeles, WAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: hard hours
10 or more hours a day fiscal and demanding work large amounts of paperwork and training
awesome place
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free dish
Cons: .
the calls are as hard everything is there for you , theirs always something new happening and you get free dish
Worst company ever
Technician (Current Employee), CTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free tv
Cons: everything
micro managed, horrible benefits, mandatory ot when needed by company or no work if company doesnt need you, bad work life balance. Bonus structure is a joke. daily events beyond your control make this job a living he*l and your expected to control things beyond your control. My advice to anyone who ends up at dish is to find another job quickly because eventually you will be fired for things that you can't control. Upper management has to start listening to employees instead of blaming them for everything.
fun enviroment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Villa Park,ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: stressful
fun environment, yet very hectic when it came down to communication and all the stress. Not a lot of people came to that mall. There was a lot of customer issues with previous employees and I had to fix it. work everyday with no hourly pay just commission.
Difficult management but great competitive workforce spirit
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pinebrook NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers and the competitive culture
Cons: management
A typical day at Dish Network was pretty fun and productive. We had a very competitive culture, and that allowed us to work as hard as possible to sell. And that usually resulted in either the growth of your sales and money or your termination from the company. I learned that there are many ways given the space and opportunity to Grow in a company.
The management was pretty stern and made the workplace stressful but our supervisors made it easier to with along with my co-workers
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and their nit picking on how we made a sale, they made it seem as if they better we got at selling the product the more there was to worry about.
my co-workers were the best part of the job. We all supported and competed with one another to make our lives there better
productive fun workplace
Satellite installer and troubleshooter (Former Employee), madison gaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free range
great place to work coworkers were fun to be around great management and great pay starting out
Horrible company!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people at local site!
I sold my lucrative lawn care business and took a job with dish in September as an Ops Manager...upon arriving at the site, one of my new employees asked if I had researched the company prior to taking job. Before I could answer he told of a survey that revealed dish as worst company to work for as voted by employees 2 years in a row. I shrugged it off....should not have as it turned out to be true!
After completing a rigorous 2 week tech training program, I assumed leadership of the site. I quickly got buy in and had the site poised to become a leader in the company stats.
Then, just 7 weeks into the job, a corporate reorg bumped out of a job! I know the company knew this was coming, so why was I hired? I uprooted my life with a relocation, and left family behind! I incurred thousands of $$$ in expense, and was left to pay it all!
I am now unemployed and in search of a new career...DISH sucks!...
Dish net
DishNET Wireline Customer Care Specialist II (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2015
The job is very is to work for when there aren't take downs but the lack of help and assents that you need to complete a job there is very slim team lead and coach's are never around for assistants and is very is to get fired there but if you can get passed that and learn the job and not need help the job is well worth it to and extent
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: upset customers
I answered inbound calls and answered questions about billing and technical problems. Supervisors and staff very friendly.
Learned how to sell to a different market.
Bilingual Sales Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: meet new people at work
Cons: stressful
Always be closing! That is the mission and that is your bonus.
A great candidate!
Call center representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I love to work and be around others, I'm also adaptable to almost all situations. If former co-worker and managers had to describe I believe it be as follows; dependable, hard-working, personable, and patient.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Loyalty Agent (Former Employee), Bluefield WVJanuary 7, 2015
My job was very fast paced but I really enjoyed helping my customers with technical issues with their sattelite. I was also able to help my customers on their accounts, if they could not pay their full bill or wished to add or remove a product from their account.
Not a good place to work at all.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else
Managers are not qualified to lead. Employees not treated properly. There is very limited room for growth. Nepotism runs ramped. Anyone that has integrity is shunned.
Terrible
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: the bonds you make with a few decent people.
Cons: everything but the 1 pro mentioned above.
I worked at Dish for 2 years as an ISP.
This job was terrible, the policy's changed daily, literally. ISP's are the bottom of the bottom at DISH, they are expected to run the shop while getting paid nothingness. We are the 1st ones in and the last ones out, yet we get paid the least and are treated terrible.

Since technically we don't have a manager, you report to the District Manager, or OM, depending on who wins the war out of the 2.

Seriously though, this job isn't worth it.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more