DISH Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,679 reviews matching the search
A great place to work at.
On Job Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
It has been a great experience for me, DISH is a household name and they invest in their employees. It's also one of the companies which promotes diversity, which in returns increases the productivity at work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  mexicoMay 4, 2016
All the supervision its done in mexico city, you will only do as you are told, there is not a big gab to be creative or bring new ideas to work. Its still lacks in infrastructure, and the sistems to operate the data base are extremely slow.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
They will not pay extra time for the work ours.
vonstantly evolving to be better
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 4, 2016
sometimes it can be hard to get on a personal level with employees in such a big company but I truly appreciate the effort and constant change for the betterment as an employee.
Pros
cafeteria, areas to relax in
Cons
short breaks, nonstop work, attached to a desk literally, restroom breaks was to be taken on break
dish network
dish network technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 4, 2016
I believe Dish Network to be a good company however Dish Network is run by Lynkus Corps in Carson City. The overall enviorment from the company is unsatisfactory and immature as a culture.
Pros
the money was good
Cons
management immaturity.
always work
FIELD SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 3, 2016
10 hours a day 4 days a week
good starting pay
never know when you will be off
you can get bonuses if you hit your metrics
ability to work by yourself without supervision
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
Customer service and sales asoc.
assisting caller with starting new service.
promoting new service
selling the value of the service
manager was helpful
Tier 3 Technical support (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZApril 30, 2016
Good Pay, close to where I live. Did Tier III technical support dealing directly with customers resolving their problems.
Pros
Close to home and pay was adequate
Cons
Did not get contiguous days off
Good environment
CSC Chat Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2016
It is a good place to work, very helpful co- workers and managers. Train you very well to do your job. Answer customer telephone calls regarding existing accounts. Make requested policy and account changes. Respond to questions and concerns about service, and escalate calls appropriately. Consult with customers to evaluate needs and determine best options. Counsel customers on options for service and coverage. Upgrade service and offer additional service packages or options. Consistently improve customer satisfaction through expert resolution of conflicts, issues, and concerns.
Cons
Pay
Productive Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXApril 29, 2016
Walking into work from 8 am to 7:30 pm , working a 10 hour shift , assisting customers with their questions and concerns. Scheduling appointments (tech visit) , also helping troubleshoot their equipment (receiver) if having trouble. If we have meetings to attend ... we wait for our team manager to assist us with what all needs to be done and inform us on a brief summary what the meeting is about .....
Pros
clock in/out, security, team management, hours given, overtime, pot lucks, 6 weeks trainning ...
Cons
overall management, time management ...
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 28, 2016
Dish is a very fun place to work, incentives were great, benefits are also awesome. Management team is very effective and they make sure all changes are communicated very well throughout the floor
Pros
free lunches sometimes
nice laid back place to work
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYApril 27, 2016
Take alot of calls about customers looking for other companies.its also your job to sell the customer and make them get dishnetwork
Pros
goodpay
Cons
bad calls
Extremely high level of stress
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 27, 2016
I as we well worked for dish for many years and yes reading a lot of this current and or ex technicians statements were very true. I was a level 4 tech with experience installing high speed internet as well. I was even sent out of market a few times and yes in the beginning working there was a blast but as the company grew and got bigger it came with different challenges. Lastly was the in smart home services were they expect you to sell. Power supply,hdmi,sound bars,bluetooth headset etc to every home you visit weather is a new connect or trouble call And yes you will get fired if you don't sell. So here I got out of the car
Bussiness cause I was tired of sales and I was caught up in the nightmare all over again. Trouble calls are set up to pretty much hurt you every time cause all the customer has to do is call with any issues that mostly 90% of the times they cause themselves and it always counts against you.. You as a tech don't have a leg to stand on if you want to fight issue. Believe me, I tried every time and no go.. I now work for directv and love it. No selling besides insurance for equipment which is very easy to sell but that's it, equipment is much quicker loading software and the level of stress is next to nothing. As for dish, many techs I know are unhappy and there turn over is extremely high. Good luck with your search and hope this helps some.
Pros
Work lots of over time and sell something in every home with low trouble call rate, high production with 100% csat and youll have a job......
Cons
If you dont, theyll let you go. . Good luck.
No Accountabliity
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538April 27, 2016
Distant remote technicians have no accountability for their actions. Senior management needs to get in the field and live the PAW as they like to say but don't show it by trying to run the business from the desks.
Pros
almost free tc
Cons
management
fast paced work enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 26, 2016
Get place to work co workers are great and mangement is wonderful , fast paced work enviroment , hardest part is dealing with all the drivers and getting them to the next job most enjoyable is knowing you full filled all work orders
Great place for some, not all!
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2016
Pride, Adventure, and Winning (PAW) is the company's motto; and as such, it was my motivation as a Dish employee for nine years. Innovation and change was a norm, and the drive to be "Best In Class" at what we do. You have to be ready to meet every challenge, but with every challenge came rewards and opportunities. Great above market pay! Super management team, helpful and cooperative office staff, and family atmosphere with co-workers. There is a 360 degree turn from what the LSC was at start. A new culture of people and management style (PAW). Dish thrives on numbers, you're always attaining..... My greatest joy was the travel, meeting people, and providing good customer satisfaction. Oh yeah, hitting the NUMBERS!!!
Pros
Travel, meeting people, advancement
Cons
Thriving, never arriving!
Just a brief summary of my daily routine.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 25, 2016
The day begins with a team meeting followed by uploading of all systems. The day continues from there with us taking phone calls to provide our customers with whatever solutions we can apply to their current situation. That is a consistent theme throughout the course of the day with brief intermissions to see how everyone is progressing throughout the day. I may learn new techniques and listening skills to apply to situations as well as rebuttals. My goal is to earn 12 sales a day and i work with my manager to help me accomplish that. The hardest part of the job is not being able to control what types of calls you receive. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie and relationship built within the team. We help each other overcome obstacles.
Pros
free, lunch, extra time rather than overtime, prizes.
Cons
health care and management communication
Great people in a tough business
Operations Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 24, 2016
DISH is a company where you have to learn to make the most of opportunities. There are plenty of opportunities. You will grow and expand in ways you may not imagine. The people who work there are strong, intelligent, and innovative. Management is far-seeing and industry leaders. You'll work a fair number of hours, but the rewards for hard workers are excellent.
Pros
Free breakfast for early arrivers
Cons
Benefits are a bit spartan
Great company to work for!!!
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAApril 23, 2016
Dish Network is a great company to work for. The management team goes out of their way to make the work environment very relaxing for the employees.
Only if you can disconnect ffor 40 plus hours
Sales Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 23, 2016
The atmosphere and fellow colleagues were amazing. However it is a horrible quality of customers you are dealing with. If you have any emotional instability whatsoever stay away this company will chew you up and spit you out.
Waco Super 8
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 22, 2016
This franchise does not offer full time opportunities. Great support from staff who has dedicated to work at this location, not so much from owner.