DISH
1,321 reviews

DISH United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work at with great benefits
Retention Account Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2015
Dish Network has a lot of opportunities for growth and is a great place to take advantage of sales/upselling benefits. Dish prepares and teaches it's employees about the technology available to customers, how to operate, and new options available in the future.
They need to train there management better
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXMarch 4, 2015
the hours suck and the days off are during the week and they never change, we have to work every holiday. you have to meet ridiculous time schedules
Not a happy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 3, 2015
VERY long hours, they demand a lot, you will be in very hot conditions in attics and crawlspaces, sometimes filthy homes with dead animals under the house, snakes, and poisonous spiders. Ladders are dangerous, they expect you to drive when roads are bad sometimes too (they have classes that tell you not to drive on them, yet it is a catch 22 when they have a point system for your raises with completion percentages, etc.). Don't expect much of a raise at all ever. It was awful. But yes, if you need a job, it is a job and the pay isn't terrible at least. At least it isn't minimum wage.
pool table and kitchen
Tech Support (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 3, 2015
talk on the phone all day. Sometimes get extra training we received breaks, i learn how to fix a tv if its a black blue snown screen and also remote. i enjoyed the people i worked with
Good team but company and management were not great
Lead Website Developer/Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 2, 2015
Great product to work on and I enjoyed the team I worked with. However, after being a lead for 4 years, I was never promoted to a higher title and didn't feel that my work was valued.

Great experience if you are looking to gain corporate experience.
Dish
Installation Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: n/a
• Administered daily productivity activities of the Installation department.
• Assisted upper management and business partners within Dish Network organization on such problems as expansions, cost reductions and community development.
• Supervised and coordinated activities of workers engaged in installing, troubleshooting, and customer care for local customers.
• Studied production schedules and estimated worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Directed and coordinated activities concerned with acquisition of automotive equipment, operation, maintenance of automotive fleet repair and storage facilities for DNS Memphis office.
High Stress with a side of satisfaction
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fairly good pay; decent benefits
Cons: too much emphasis on meeting arbitrary goals.
A typical day has customers calling in with technical issues, disputing charges and/or contracts, and all around customer support (mostly billing).

Management is easily approachable, and for the most part has your back...for the most part.

Hardest part of the job is listening to people's sob stories/excuses and not being able to call them out on it. Most enjoyable part is the camaraderie that most teams have amongst themselves.
Dish
Senior Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: the freedom
Cons: pay and not a team enviroment
Overall I enjoy the job itself however dish is a company that doesn't believe in compensating the inventory team for the contributions that they put forward. Such as I technically managed my warehouse and inventory procedures, while making less than a starting technician that didn't even know how to put together a dish.
great atmosphere with a great boss
Field Resource Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Roseland, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: fun place
Cons: not much room for advancement
easy job with a lot of great people. i learned a lot about the insurance business. they teach you a lot of things about the business
Very productive organization with challenging tasks.
Professional Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: independent work with your own van
Cons: encounters with snakes and other animals or rodents.
I would say Dish Network was my favorite job of all. I love to be out on my own independently, helping others to smile and be relieved of any technical problems that they were having. I kept my van organized with the correct equipment needed for the tasks. A typical day would be about 5 or 6 jobs varying from Trouble calls, new installments, upgrades, to dish moves. My priority was quality and time limits. If I were in need of help, the Technicians had phone numbers to office and other technicians that were out on the field, and if available they would come lend a hand. Hardest part of the job would be going under trailers without light to run cable, but it was pretty easy and fun for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how happy the customers were after fixing any problems and asking if there was anything else that needed done.
Great Learning Experience
Analyst/ Developer I (Current Employee), Englewood CoFebruary 26, 2015
Learned lot of new technologies like groovy, scala. Got acquainted with Agile work environment. Management is very supportive.
Typical IT Department
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: there were many perks from network providers
Cons: heathcare, pay, and long hours
Dish Network was an overall good place to work. I worked at the corporate facility in Englewood, CO for the IT Project Management office. There was definitely room for improvement with regard to the applications, systems and processes, but it was what you would expect from any major enterprise IT department. They are keeping the lights on, while maintaining a consistent upgrade schedule to keep up with other competitors in the industry.
Learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 25, 2015
This was the first call center I worked at, so I learned a lot from them. I learned how to handle multiple screens at a time. I also learned how to handle different types of customers.
I enjoyed this job and all of my co workers.
Not the best or worse place I've worked
Field service specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: tools and uniforms at no cost to the employee
Cons: pay was low for the amount of work and employees are really pushed to sell sell sell
Overall dish wasn't a bad company to work for but the expectations dish has for its installation techs are a bit unrealistic. The pay was low for the amount of work you are expected to do at Such a high quality.

The other down side was that the technicians are expected to sell products to the customer on top of doing the installation and meeting their points per hour goals. I didn't sign up to be a door to door vacuume salesman when I applied for the job.

Not a bad place to start out for an okay pay I guess, but not something I would make a career out of.
Fast paced, knowledgeable staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), MeridianFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of trust
Fast paced, knowledgeable staff, ok benefits, will promote from within. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers.
Every day was different which is good
Subcontractor / Sales Representative (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: no one looking over your shoulder
Cons: alot of expenses
Each day was a challenge. Something new to learn each day.
Worked with people who were willing to help. Great management.
Traveling was nice but expensive as a sub contractor.
Repetitive Work day, co-workers kept me smiling.
Advance Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Alvin, TxFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: sell incentives, over time always offered
Cons: irate customers, short breaks, stressful work environment
Dish is a routine work, you take calls all day talking to customers about the same questions or problems with their television service. My co-workers and supervisor is what helped my day either go back quicker or made it seem much longer. I learned that when in a postive environment my days seemed less stressful and shorter. The hardest part of the job is consistantly providing high quality customer service, when you get off of a bad call with a high escalated customer its hard not to carry that over to the next customer. You basically have to reset yourself after every call and get ready for whatever the next customer is going to throw at you. The most enjoyable part of the job is training or one on one time with your supervisor because its time off the phone. The managers try to bring up the moral of the call center by offering sell incentives, but being a Advance Tech Support representative you don't get as much of a chance to sell since customers just want their problem fixed and to get off the phone as quickly as possible.
first job, cashier
Cashier, Dunkin Donuts (Former Employee), Meriden, CTFebruary 24, 2015
i learned how to be responsible and always on time awesome expiration and good helpful co workers management were also kind and helpfull
Great culture within the Retention department
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: progressive work environment
Cons: work load at times can become heavy
Online reviews of the work experience at DISH are fairly negative. While these reviews do have some truth to them, they do not apply to the Customer Retention department. The culture within the department is very supportive and progressive. Its refreshing to be able to work with a group of people that are able to quickly and agilely work together to solve real time problems. The work days aren't long, but they are definitely hard.
horrible place to work
Field Service Tech (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: Management
the pay is good but management is very un professional. The benefits are not very good as well. If you want anything to be confidential with dish forget it. The company as a whole is not there for there employees.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries