DISH Employee Reviews

Decent place to work, limited in advancement
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 23, 2017
My boss and direct reports are great but upper management is immune to the struggles of the field. The industry is in trouble of being phased out and the product has become extremely hard to sell.
Pros
Good work-life balance, solid middle management
Cons
Tough Industry
Great Job
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYOctober 23, 2017
Working with Dish Network was very Good for me
It helped me learn new things.
Anyone who likes to travel and meet new people would love this as a career
Pros
Freedom
Stressful and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2017
This company is a joke. I pursued a career with this company and wish to the heavens above that I didn’t . This company has a high turnover I worked here for about 5 month and durning that time I seen emergency vehicles parked everyday waiting to wheel people out from being stressed the —�— out this place is not healthy. Now if your one of the chosen and their fav you will go far and maybe get the chance to move up this turned out to be the worse job I have ever worked in my whole working career they push on you that this is a career but this is a job to get you by if your welling to deal with the stress and the constant change
Pros
Meeting new people/ co workers
Cons
Everything there is nothing good or great about this place
do not work for Dish
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2017
it was the worst place I have ever worked,they do not care at all about your safety or your responsibilities to the customer. All your are to them is a door to door sales person thats it.
takes time to learn but worth the effort
Satellite Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTOctober 21, 2017
it truly was a great place to work but heed my warning they take their policies very serious. they provide alot of very good benefits and they are great company when it comes to taking care of their employees
Decent benefits but no job security
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 20, 2017
The workplace is very stressful because the managers are driven to unrealistic standards. Performance reviews are based upon a set curve that supervisors cannot change but must fit employees into. Employees are constantly at risk of being terminated without reason
Fast paced sales job
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 20, 2017
While working for dish I learned how to work as part of team to reach the companies goals, as well as how to push myself as an individual to reach my own goals. I also learned the importance of time management and setting my own goals to ensure my success. The hardest part of the job was that at times it would get repetitive, and the workplace culture would turn negative if the sales numbers were below goal. At these times I would have to push myself to have a positive attitude, and overall this has given me the ability to work under pressure and continue to perform at a high level. There were many enjoyable parts of the job working for dish. I enjoyed the camaraderie between my self and my teammates and the joy we felt when we reached our goals. I also enjoyed the incentives that dish had in place which made me push myself even harder to hit my goals.
Could be a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2017
A change in corporate management is what is needed for Dish. At the local level the people are great in all divisions.

They are trying really hard to be competitive, but they definitely need to increase the pay for the technicians.
Pros
Free Dish TV
Cons
Healthcare, horrible corporate management
Overworked and stressful
Dish Technician Level IV (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 20, 2017
Plan on starting your day and never know when you are going to be done. If you dont mind being micromanaged then this job is ok. Metrics are very hard to achieve and are conflicting. You can do well in one metric however you have to sacrifice another. Sales sales sales. It seems the company has shifted from being a tv company with technicians to a retailer with salesman. You are as good as your sales. Tho management states they have an open door policy however your opinion or ideas dont matter. You are talked down to and feel threatened to be fired if you dont have sales or hit your metrics every month. LIke I said very stressful
Pros
You get discounted Tv
Cons
benefits are no good. No life/work balance. Sales sales sales trump being a technician
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 20, 2017
It's a great place to work with flexible hours and good team atmosphere!!Ive never worked for a company that cares more about there employees than any other place
Stay Away
Dish Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Paden City, WVOctober 20, 2017
great jobs are great bad management is bad bad management with a great job = bad job no matter how much you enjoy it. At the end of the day with a change of personnel and how the metrics work could be a very good job.
Fast paced work place.
Social Media Customer Service/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 20, 2017
Dish was not the worst company I've ever worked for, but their policies are not the best. No flexibility as far as business hours go, wrongful accusations due to new broken tools introduced into the work environment, (I've seen get people get fired over this, and it's wrong) I just didn't feel as if I had security with my job when I worked here.
Pros
Hour lunches, PS4 and XBOX One with big screen in the lunch room. Pool table, Table Hockey and Sky ball.
Cons
Very strict attendance policy. (Which I understand, but they had no mercy for parents and families)
Job itself
Trouble shooter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2017
Job itself was great. In the end there was too much micro managing. The best part was never having anyone looking over your shoulder. Unfortunately that changed and so did the fun of the job.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2017
They really really talk up how much you're going to make. You get taxed more because it is commission and it's not super super easy to get overtime like they claim.
I wish I could go back
Service Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAOctober 18, 2017
Dish was one of my favorite jobs ever. I liked that the management often interacted with employees in a positive manner. Excellent "reward" system too, I once did half of my Christmas shopping with my reward points!
Pros
good management, well maintained fleet, good products
Cons
a little overbearing with ancilliary sales but not too bad
ok
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCOctober 17, 2017
As a Satellite TV Technician / Installer at DISH, you'll find more opportunities and career potential than anywhere else. Our Fortune 200 Company continues to transform the entertainment industry. We are constantly striving to deliver the best experience at the best value for our customers. Come join us!
Very extreme environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2017
I am not inclined to review this company. There are many facets of this company. Some are very good and some are very poor. I believe this is normal for any large organization.
Pros
Discounted Dish subscription
Cons
Long hours and weekends
i would like to go back to work for dish
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCOctober 17, 2017
I enjoy dish very friendly work environment I did not like the points system i would like to go back to work for them I was unfairly terminated do a misunderstanding work on a sat and was told to come in at 6:30 arrived at 6:20 which I volunteer to work.
level 4 remote
Technician (Former Employee) –  heathsville,vaOctober 17, 2017
poor management. always feeling dismissal at anytime. more concerned about sales than quality of work.no field support. poor route scheduling. just a poor organization.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
n/a
Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 16, 2017
Dish is a good environment. It does have its benefits. but you have to make sure that everything is in order at home. Scheduling is not perfect, but there working on that. But, other then schedule it great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9