DISH Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,751 reviews matching the search
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2016
The management team is all favoritism. Nothing but peer pressure. Very stressful. Horrible schedules. Must work holidays. This place judges you so be careful nothing but cowards there. I highly don't recommend this place.
Dish
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PAJuly 8, 2016
Super long days and very far to drive. I did learn more about tools and the basics structures of a house.
pay is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 7, 2016
interesting talking to numerous people. Stressful at times, however the successfulness was worth it. Great people in the call centers.
Decent work place, managers and team leads were a real help
CSR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2016
Typical day at Dish was helping customers with billing concerns, technical support, as in their TV is not getting an input signal and so on,

Co workers were the best I stuck with one team the whole time and I loved it
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table, great coworkers,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJJuly 5, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table, great coworkers, and culture. laid back , family atmosphere. very sensitive and accommodating to real life and family issues outside the work place.
Pros
great boos
Cons
not much room for advancement
Sales in an over saturated area
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poteau, OKJuly 5, 2016
Selling Dish takes an extra kind of special skill, especially in this area as most people already have the service. I couldn't upgrade or modify customer's existing service, only sell to new customers. Lost leads to customers calling Dish and setting up themselves and loosing the sale or customers already had the service.
Pros
Cons
cold calling, a lot of extra work outside the job.
H1-B Visas discriminating against U.S. citizens
Sucker (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 1, 2016
Great coworkers. To a point. Lead lies to management. Management lies about most everything. They met a quota by hiring citizens, then came up with vague B.S. to fire us. Great product & customer service though!
Pros
Pay above average, some pretty cool coworkers
Cons
No job security, tons of unpaid overtime is expected, management goes back on their word about time off for doctor's visits...
Good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJuly 1, 2016
• Accept payments by a variety of methods, offer self-serve payment solutions, explain charges and credits on the customer’s bill, and resolve complex billing scenarios.
• Assist customers with pay-per-view orders, change-programming packages, and equipment upgrades, and educate customers about the many features of DISH’s products.
• Use a consultative approach to educate and offer existing customers additional programming, and promotes products and services to enhance their DISH experience.
Horrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 28, 2016
For a multi Billion dollar company you'd expect better. However, they treat people like garbage. As a call center employee you are punching bag.
Pros
NONE
over worked under paid
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2016
great hands on occupation, but company makes mandatory certification and responsibilities for no compensation. also this company pays less then all its competitors
Pros
great company to gain experience and move to a better paying one
Cons
company does not seem to care about employee on any level
Dish is a wish
Customer Service Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 26, 2016
Working at dish at its benefits, the working environment was a pleasant one, everyone is always happy and cheerful, my only complaint would be the work loud that an agent would get after working with so many customers
worst job ever
FS1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 24, 2016
worst job ever i hated every second of it you get blamed for everything even when its not your fault management is a joke dont ever work for dish
Crazy days and nights
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 23, 2016
You get put on a regular shift, but work days may vary. Frequent opportunities for over-time and advancement. Great benefits and reward.
Pros
Awesome benefits, including free satellite service
Cons
Company so large, employees tend to get lost in the shuffle.
Oppressive, motivation through fear
Customer Service/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 23, 2016
Dish is a cut throat company at which you do not dare speak your mind with regard to improvements or drawbacks effecting your job. Decisions regarding crucial aspects of your job are made by people at corporate or in the call center (Littleton) have absolutely no clue as to what the job actually entails. They operate and motivate with an atmosphere of fear that you will be fired. Nothing is ever good enough for them and their metrics/stats goals are nothing short of ridiculous for providing good customer service. Managers act like wardens and essentially do very little except socialize with each other. They care nothing about their employees except how it relates to their bonuses and status.
Pros
Cons
everything
I enjoyed the work I did there was just not a great job to life balance.
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did as well the people that I was surrounded by, all though the work to life balance it not what I liked or expect from a company I work with.
Dish is a pretty good place to work.
Satellite Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJune 22, 2016
I have been employed by Dish for about ten months now. While as a technician the job is very demanding in time and environment, I have to say Dish tries to give me plenty of gear to make my job as good as possible when it comes to the weather. I work four and sometimes five days a week. I get to the warehouse at 7 am every morning. I go home when the jobs are done. Most of the time between 5 and 7 pm. However I have went home as early as 3:30 pm, and as late as 11 pm. The management for the most part I believe really cares for their employees. My co-workers have always been very helpful and just a phone call away for advise when I get stuck on a problem. I would have to say the most difficult part of a Dish Technician's job is the long hours of not knowing when you are going home, and the outside environment. Both of which you should expect before taking any kind of service job. I personally enjoy the technology side of the job.
Pros
Dish programming is almost free, ability to make bonus on every paycheck, paid time off, they give you at least 2 days off and try for 3 each week
Cons
Long days, labor intensive, long hours outside
productive and fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2016
I worked at wheelhouse restorer and renewing sat elite receivers many people works there .The hardest part of there is the long shefits
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes they give a discount for satellite programming
Cons
Reasonable breaks and PDO are good there
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep/Field Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 22, 2016
I loved working for this company. The people are the best any where. The management is hard working and fair. I didn't want to leave this company but had to because of location.
Pros
Fun, GREAT people
Cons
it was a fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJune 21, 2016
I learned how to work with excel and how to do inventory with excel. the hardest part of the job was the driving around so much. The best part of the job was how fast the days seemed to pass.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
jealous co-workers
This work place is very unproffesional
Sales Representatives, Services, All Other (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2016
wouldn't work here again this place doesn't know how to treat its employees, they only move up people management know very well

2.9