DISH
1,425 reviews

DISH Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work with a very poor management team
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 22, 2015
My work at dish is extremely boring and the management that I have to deal with is literally the worst I have ever worked under. The communication is horrible and they do not treat everyone equally.
Life at Dish
Field Service Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAMay 21, 2015
Pros: the company's name, 4 days on 3 days off
Cons: 12-14 hour days, no take home vehicle, lack of leadership support
long hours over 50 plus a week, no real leadership or support from upper management. employees cant take home vehicle and tech promotions are hard to achieve
Great people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 17, 2015
Pros: very clean, great managment and a simple plan
Cons: it was only part time for me
very fast paced which makes your day go by fast, I took a whole new aspect on satellite services and the story on how dish network was brought to life is interesting
You just got too have a strong mind as well as body. Demanding but rewarding.
Dish Technician (Current Employee), Katy,TxMay 16, 2015
Pros: Pay, travel, greetings and environment.
Cons: stressfull at times.
I love my days as a technician. Good Pay as well as overtime, different location, sites, as well as homes and people. I will say that it is demanding and they will expect a lot from you in such little time but they understand its a learning process and it takes time to catch on for some people but the way they handle it is more of constructional criticism and motivation which is what makes the job fun. It's really kinda hard to lose your job there unless your lazy and the "I do enough just to get by" type, so security is a plus. In all, If you got imagination and willpower the creation of advancement will be so much easier. Yes the system and policy changes frequently, so what, so does life. Either you can adapt or not. The harder you strive the better the results. It's fun and rewarding and the customers will respect you as long as you keep them up to date with things and work with them in the time of confusion and stress, believe me sometimes it happens. Other than that your your own boss and everything is what you make of it.
Just a job, Not a career
Satellite TV Technician (Current Employee), Tigard, ORMay 15, 2015
Pros: pay, good 401k program
Cons: healthcare, communication gap
This is the type of company where employees put up with the negatives because of decent pay. Negatives are very poor health benefits package, poor communication between corporate leaders and field management, employees are treated like a number with no voice. Positives are compensation.

Despite claims from corporate leaders about the many opportunities for advancement, there are ceilings which are quickly reached within 2-3 years. By that time you are making decent money and becoming frustrated with how negative the company treats its employees with little to no consideration to a person's well-being. In many cases, looking for a new job will include a pay cut.
not fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 15, 2015
schedules were hectic, computer problems all around, calls kept getting routed to incorrect departments and training was a joke
very fun and clean work environment. great opportunity to learn costumer service
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAMay 14, 2015
I had fun and learned a lot. most of my work days were me trying to reach my goals and keep my management satisfied with my work. however i also learned how to deal with costumers and make sure they stayed with the company. i had one on ones with my manager once a week and he was always teaching me new things so i appreciated that a lot. i had no issues with my co-workers as i am work well as a team member and by myself.
Great Company
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2015
I loved the company. Very comfortable environment for a great variety of people. Long hours at time but they take great care of the employees for the hard work.
Great Work, Many skills learned
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great experience learning
Cons: Employee culture is not balanced
Dish Network provides many great services to it's customers. There are many skills one can acquire by worker for Dish. As for a part time Inventory Specialist in the warehouse. There are many disadvantages. Little to no room for advancement. Therefore no opportunity to obtain compensations. The balance between technician side and warehouse side is unbalanced. Dish is a tech driven company. The management, I believe, needs to work on taking more pride in their employees.
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Everyting
Really, really, really loved working here! This is a 24 hour call center that really cares about its employees! Stress free, laid back, awesome atmosphere that Id highly recommend!
Enjoyed meeting new people and working with them.
On The Job Trainer (Former Employee), Thornton, COMay 11, 2015
Pros: Liked the free programming package they offered to employees.
Cons: Your new hire metrics were counted as your own.
As an On the Job Trainer, we worked as a team. Our goal was to make sure our new hire felt comfortable while learning the everyday needs of becoming a customer service rep. I enjoyed meeting new people and working with existing employees to move up in the company.
productive and fun atmosphere
Customer service, Technical (Former Employee), thornton COMay 11, 2015
Great place to work overall however the micromanagement displayed is not well received by employees, managers are very demeaning.
Dealt with incoming calls in a call center enviroment
Customer Service Representation (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Professional enviroment
Cons: Sub par benefits
Handled incoming calls and helped customers with billing and technical questions. Spoke to customers in both English and Spanish regarding sales, etc. I most enjoyed helping customers with technical issues.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXMay 11, 2015
Great pay and benefits good job culture. I am comfortable with the fact that the attendance is as strict as it is. If my son who is disabled gets sick too much i will lose my job.
Very nice people to work with.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great company benefits
Cons: No room for advancement.
I enjoyed my tenure at dish network. My co-workers were very fun to work with. I did not like the fact that my position was eliminated due to company restructure.
Fun and energizing place to work!
Customer Support Representative II (Former Employee), tulsa okMay 8, 2015
Very fun work environment! Learned everything I needed to know about satellite television. Everyone is friendly. Took calls all day assisting customers with television problems or billing issues.
Summary
Field Service Tech (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 8, 2015
A typical day was to receive my work order for the day, and load my van with inventory needed.go out and greet coustomers and show them my plan of action for the work I was going to do , for the Dish satellite installation. using tools provided by company I drilled , bolted , ran cable wire, crawled in attics and under floors, I loved what I did , because I made the customers happy and I was like my own boss and was proud of the work I did, the bad part was being on a pie scale by the company, forced to make sales, do unsafe work ( they said to work safely and the training was a good experience throughout the company ranks , but you were in trouble and your job was threatened constantly if your numbers were not on point, I had great customer feedback and they would also get threatening if you turned down an unsafe job. My first manager Trey was great and then was replaced by Herman who had a personal problem with me for some reason , because I really got a good attitude and try to always be a team player, so I don't get it? miss doing the job though.
good place to work
Loyalty Representative (Current Employee), Thornton, COMay 7, 2015
Good place to work if you can get under the right supervisor. average 70 calls a day
help with billing issues
deescalate customers
exacting culture;
Operations Specialist III (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 6, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: benifits
the company is focused on the organizations interests. creates an atmosphere of competition to increase productivity. great co-workers. feels like there is a division between upper management and the rest of their employees.
Extremely stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 6, 2015
Taking inbound calls from potential customers wanting information on packages and promotions currently going on. Lots of mandatory overtime and strange hours depending on what team you are on.

About DISH

Dish Real Opportunity. Everyday DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the – Read more

DISH Salaries