DISH Employee Reviews

Must be a salesman
Dish Network Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 20, 2017
Company pushes sales too much. Technician training was good. Pay bonuses are graded on a metric scale, in which sales were part of. I was not a salesman.
Friendly work environment, good people
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 20, 2017
Fast paced, could be stressful at times. Pleasant work environment overall, fair compensation. Excellent training for each position, help available when needed. Access to supervisors and managers for help in resolving complex customer issues.
good job
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXDecember 20, 2017
Dish was an interesting job with a new issue to tackle everyday. there was never a dull moment and every day was new and exciting. i enjoyed my time there but ultimately i had to move on and pursue a career with better chances for improvement and pay.
they will lock you in with great pay
Advanced Broadband Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 19, 2017
they trick you by offering good money...then make you work a terrible schdule.. for example 130 to 11 pm with tues wens off... they dont hold mangers to same standerd as agents//alot like high school for adults
awesome place to work
Satellite Installer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2017
awesome place to work if your not afraid of heights lol,they are family oriented great pay great people awesome schedule never felt mistreated or under appreciated
horrible place to work
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranbury Station, NJDecember 17, 2017
never worked at a more disorganized and disruptive place that used employees for management bonuses and numbers. would promise the world which was never seen. when I finally separated from them they held my paycheck and had to call state of nj wage an hour to get paid and then I got paid with apparently bonus money I never knew I was entitled too, hmm..
Competitive
Field Service Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR 72401December 16, 2017
Satisfying work, competitive and team based. would work 4 days and then off for 3. some days would be longer than wanted. The part of DISH I enjoyed the most about working there was meeting new people giving them a good installation.
Pros
complimentary services and worked at me own pace.
Cons
The managment had its issues
they lie
Customer Service and Tech Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2017
don't believe the supervisors or managers ever, they lie. They will tell you one thing then do another, No warning or notice given. I don't know how best to continue this review,
I guess
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 14, 2017
If your willing to put enormous amount of effort to be promoted. Along with basically doing the job that the want to be promoted to before you get raise this is for you. I've been lied to promise an amount for my salary then seeing that its wasn't correct they basically said they would not fix it.
Pros
Free services
Cons
Bad benfits
Fun work place but high expectations.
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 14, 2017
DISH is a great place to work. Management tries to make going to work fun and the Sponsors would come by almost biweekly to give out prizes while pushing you to make upsells. The team enviroment is what I liked the most, if you get a great team, it can feel like a family.
Pros
Higher than avg pay, Friendly
Cons
High expectations.
Not good if you have a family.
Dish Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 14, 2017
I was told at hiring that I would work 4 ten-hour days a week with SOME mandatory overtime. For 9 months straight, I worked 5 twelve-hour days per week. Sure, there was lots of overtime pay, but I had a wife and two young kids at home. No half days. No guarantee of daily end time. Not enough PTO. Being a technician is all about sales of their "Smart Home" products. Good techs with bad sales are reprimanded while bad techs with good (sometimes unethical) sales are praised. If you're not a salesman, you won't do well here.
Pros
Overtime (if you like that)
Cons
Work/Life balance, only one choice of insurance, upfront dishonesty about importance of sales.
prefer not to
Customer Service, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 14, 2017
I prefer not to post any type of review as my departure from the company was not a good one, and I fear that it would slant my opinion of the company for other potential employees
Terrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 14, 2017
Wold never recommend this to anyone. Highly stressful job dealing with customers. Fast paced with little incentive. Strict rules which you if you do not follow will be punished.
Not a great call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 13, 2017
Not the best call center environment. Difficult to get better hours and supervisors were not helpful when there was a difficult subscriber on the phone
Loved Dish
Customer service rep/ technical support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2017
I loved dIsh! This was an amazing place to work for, they really cared about employees. They take the time just to help. Awesome people to work with!!
Pros
Prizes and extra money!!!
Cons
Not flexable on schedule
If you are single and don’t want a life
Field Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PADecember 12, 2017
If you have no life and don’t mind having no life. They get u with 4 10hr days but that never happens.. you work 5 or 6 days 10-14 hr days .. n I understand it’s about the customer but the company really don’t care about the techs at all
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Good products and services. Work force may tend to fluctuate to mush.
Technical and Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2017
There were peaks and valleys in the work force at Dish. It was rather fast passed and your performance was reviewed often. The environment was good but they did tend to change the rules often, I guess in dealing with customer complaints.They had reduced the process of interacting with customers down to a script which I found hard to deal with. I wanted the personal interaction with customers to be spontaneous and did not like following a script. That made the interaction rather robotic and I think the customers picked up on it. No one likes interacting with a robot just as they do not like being treated like one.

I recognize Dish as a very good company with cutting edge equipment and dependable service. I have my service with dish. I do think they may try for too much conformity and control of their services. While they do some division of labor according to the employees strengths I think they could do better. Their objective seemed to be control of the process and have the employee conform to whatever it takes to maintain control. I think they should be thinking of the employees as well as the customers. The service call should be a pleasant and rewarding experience for the employee and the customer.
Pros
Working for a company that has a good product.
Cons
Too much conformity asked of the employees
Even corporate sucks
PPV Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 10, 2017
I always felt unwelcome working here. You may fit in but I didn't. As long as you play their stupid games, you'll be fine. Just don't expect a raise or growth in your career of any kind.
Poor place to work
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  hermon maineDecember 10, 2017
the job itself was decent, the amount of jobs and the time given was a joke. In was remote technician and the jobs that were given were to far apart. Poor Planning
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
no lunch
Too stressfull and competitive for my likes. Too many expectations and not enough give and take.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 10, 2017
Didn't care for the company or it's products. Was lied to about ongoing benefits after employment ended. Found that even persons in management were leaving right and left because of stress, expectations and policy.
Pros
Great benefits. Fun people.
Cons
Stressfull, too competetive and too many expectations! Don't hold up there end of the bargain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DISH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9