DISH Employee Reviews

Found 1,528 reviews matching the search
Hard work is rewarded
Sales Representative/Trainer/Recruiter/Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 18, 2015
Door to Door sales had it's sets of challenges but overall when proper management was in place, everything worked well. The abilities to travel, help people and make great amounts of money was both fun and invigorating. Learned a large number of skills, tools and procedures that has been beneficial in many areas of personal and other work life.
Pros
Great pay and independent work.
Cons
Long hours, commission.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the work enviornment and the training was great!!
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Productive Environment
Inside Sales Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 17, 2015
Dish is is an okay place to work, Co workers are fun, management could be better, The most enjoying part of the job is Co workers and the friendly environment, The hardest part of the job is closing the final calls, I learned a lot working at dish, becoming a better sales men and bettering my customer service skills & communication skills.
Pros
Free lunch from time to time, Give Aways, Sales contest for big prizes such as Xbox, ipads etc.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed meeting and exceeding my goals. The work environment provided me a good place to use my skills to maximize my benefit to the company.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2015
exelent place to work commision structure is greeat love to work at this place. I would apply many times over i loved working there
its an ok job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 17, 2015
its an ok place to work at , management doesn't know what their doing the right hand doesn't know what the left hand does, very poor training, the building it descent it would be better with assigned desks. some supervisors not all didn't really care they blew people off when someone would ask a question or they would be like where's your supervisor and direct you to someone else. the bonuses are good if you can reach them which is every once in a while before they change what we have to meet for it again. I hated going in every day but loved leaving the place. my team was pretty nice everyone helped out ,managers well they weren't really the people who you can go to with an issue. its who you know in that place, seriously it is. people were getting promoted who didn't have the experience for the position then you hear them bragging about it outside and all because of who they knew who got them bumped up. but overall its pretty chill hectic and its an ok pay not the best because tmobile pays way more and they actually care for their employees . then again this was just my opinion and experience working for dish, I stay because it helps with the bills that's the only reason why and because im going to school
Pros
free cable, get to watch the ppv fights for free at the center and snacks
Cons
poor management, horrible training, and the list gos on
Typical Work day
DNS Technician Level II (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 14, 2015
I learned a lot form dish when it comes to wiring and how to properly set up a home system. But from that they are THE WORST COMPANY to work for. They have no concept on how it really works in the field vs customer complaints that are put against techs., which are most of the time no reason. It's like the techs are against the phone service and they don't see that those two things do not work together. They dont care about home vs work life. I worked some days up to 18 hours and then have to return back the same time the following morning. The quotas are unreal too. They don't care about holidays they are open all year round even major holidays. IE. Thanksgiving, christmas. I felt they did not care about their employees at all! They tell you not to go on a roof but customers want what they want or they call on you and you have to do it to also get the best service so they turn a blind eye as long as it's done! (Customers & DISH) Supervisors don't back their workers yet set them up to fail. They have policies for employees yet don't follow thru with them until they want you out as well. Good Luck working with them!
Excellent compensation for the job
CST III. (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 14, 2015
Echostar offers very competitive salary and benefits packages, only problem I had was when the demands of the company changes so doesn't their needs. I went from 1st shift to being offered a 3rd shift and with small school aged children
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
shift changes on demand
stable environment and good management/co workers
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 13, 2015
Overall Dish Network has been a great company to work for, solid pay, decent schedule and the team members and management have been a plus and always have you're back.
Pros
everything is covered by dish, schedule is family friendly
Cons
health insurance
Great atmosphere to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 12, 2015
If a person worked hard enough they could have a retiring career with Dish Network. I learned how to deal with diverse cultures. angry customers, brand new customers, technical seeking customers, assisting customers with payments, billing, subscriptions and many other items. The most enjoyable part of the job was coercing with your Coach and coworkers on a daily basis. You actually feel as if your become a big family at your home away from home.
Pros
great hours
Cons
the freezing cold inside the building
Hardest working job an individual can do for a living.
Field Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 12, 2015
Installing and training customers on new satellite tv.
I learned how to correctly install cable tv.
The hardest part of the job is installing up to five rooms in houses, trailers, or apartments in inclement weather.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not enough time with family
They talk safety in the meetings but do not practice it in the field.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXNovember 12, 2015
You work long hours and are in some not very safe places at night. You are also told by management do do some things that are not safe to get the installation done even though in the safety meeting you are told not to do it.
Pros
Co workers are good people and help you when they are done with their work if needed.
Cons
You work long hours, are in some not very safe places at night, You are also told by management do do some things that are not safe to get the installation done
N/a
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Ricmond VANovember 12, 2015
Long hours and swing shift. Worked most weekends. Met a lot of interesting people. Did not think management was qualified. Very unorganized.
Great place if you like the outdoors and interacting with people
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 11, 2015
Job has different tech levels up to lvl 4. Each tech level you reach you get a 10% pay bump(30% total). Starting pay is 12.75. Each year has a 2-8% pay bump. It takes about a year with good numbers to reach the next tech level. First month is paid training.

Also great bonus if you reach beyond minimum numbers. I had about 200 added on every paycheck. Numbers refer to their standard metrics. The job is pretty much about keeping up with quality and quantity. It is completely doable but it can be stressful at times. Also they do not really fire often for bad performance. Unless it is ongoing and becoming a huge problem.
Great place to work!
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 10, 2015
The trainers are very knowledgeable of the materials they are teaching so you feel prepared to take on calls once training is over. Management is very open and willing to work with you if they feel you are an asset to the company and you are doing your job. As with any call center environment, you will find that there are very hard days and there are really good days but the good outweigh the bad. They like to do a lot of events to increase moral and teamwork as well. I really enjoyed working with this company!
Typical day at work
Satellite TV Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MONovember 10, 2015
Daily communication with customers. Hands on skills with dish network installations. Also great opportunities to sale dish products to customers.
fun place l
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2015
people were positive great benefit,enjoy working they helping customer with their eta and dish network question .Great office clean office and i learn a lot from my supervisor and co worker.
Pros
benfits
Cons
shortbreaks
Advertising Sales Division is horrible culture
Ad Sales (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 9, 2015
Not bright people running operations, extremely short sited and all personnel runs in gossip.. Everyone watching over their shoulders.
Hit your numbers or else!
IHS (Current Employee) –  NortheastNovember 9, 2015
Dish is committed to hitting numbers above all else. Everything, from work/life balance to customer satisfaction, takes a back seat to the numbers. If you hit your numbers, you're great. If you don't, you're a bum. Employees are expendable, and they are actually referred to as "resources", not people. If you are looking for an environment which places numbers over people, this is the place for you.
Over all good company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 8, 2015
Certain departments within the company had issues with leadership which set up technicians to fail, My position was of a quality assurance specialist, which provided feed back in detail about the systems installed in customers homes. Leadership in my department was lacking due to lack of communication.