Disney ABC

Disney ABC Employer Reviews

Valuable internship experience
Intern (Former Employee), Durham, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: educational values for editing and production of live news broadcasts
As an intern in the Production Department at the station, I learned valuable information for editing film and working on the sideline during news broadcasts.
Having 7+ years of extensive experience as a QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 10, 2014
 Gathered the business requirements of the application from the client.
 Analyzed BRDs, Use Cases and Functional Specification documents
 Prepared Test Plans and Test Cases
 Wrote scripts for manual and automated testing of applications and tested the Application.
 Maintained the business rules and scripts
 Set up Defect tracking with Quality – more... Centre
 Led Process Engineering Change requests. – less
Great company with lots of company perks.
Freelance Production Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: productive environment.
Cons: no dress down days, no benefits.
Great pay. Corporate workplace. Fun daily projects as a freelance agent.
Excellent crew to work with
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: just all around good job
Clean and great atmosphere, friendly customers and fellow employees.
Traffic Manager
Traffic and Contract Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
I have worked for Disney for many years and I can say I have learned so much in the different areas I have been through out the years.

My experience as Traffic Manager has been very good, the job is challenging and different every week. Always have different challenges.

Management has its up's and downs but that is part of life and work environment. – more... Having pleasant and friendly co-workers makes the job more enjoyable.

As working in traffic in other words scheduling commercials for TV shows, we are always working on thin ice. this job requires to be very attentive, detail oriented and organized. these are believe are very strong and great skills that have been developed and sharpened through out the years.

the most enjoyable part of the job is to have been able to work with a big team and make everything possible to make the job run smooth. – less
Fun Learning Environment
ABC Family Content Production Intern (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 23, 2014
I loved interning at ABC Family. I had a blast and learned so much about digital media. The professional internship program was outstanding--they really went out of the way to make sure that every intern was able to get the full-time experience as well as get a real sense of fantastic company culture. Events on the lot were superb and provided me with – more... priceless knowledge, and getting to collaborate with intelligent teams really made me appreciate the amount of work that went into even the smallest of online webpages. – less
Great company with a lot of diverse opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: disney discounts
Cons: uncompetitive benefits
DATG has been a great place to work. They are a little behind the times, and the environment is typically hierarchical but still a wonderful iconic company to work for.
Im willing to learn and I want a career were i can be stable and grow.
Childrens Eye Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2014
I remember my first day at ABC Childrens Eye Specialst, I was very nervous but i controled my self and I went in, what i found out is that my co-workers were very nice and interesting also they wanted to help me they also always ask me for ideas to make training better. and my manager she was very nice and she tought me a lot of new ideas to make the – more... job easier, and queaker to learn. i really enjoyed my time at ABC Childrens eye specialt also because the doctor was very nice. – less
A typical day
Executive Producer (Current Employee), great falls, MTJune 5, 2014
I'm currently an Executive Producer for ABC Fox Montana.

I also managed a portfolio of 15 community websites, recruited contributors, searched out sources of content, gathered and wrote news items along with maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the product.

I captured video, reported, and produced content for on-air and online use, while maintaining – more... a consistent social media presence.

I exhibit very strong communication skills, both verbal and written, journalism background with knowledge of the AP style, basic knowledge of HTML, graphics and a solid grasp of basic computer skills.

Day-to-day I handled a large number of variables in the daily news workflow, including short deadlines.
I am self-directing, self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people.

Also experienced with Photoshop, Adobe Audition, advanced HTML, and digital video editing. – less
great place to work
Bond Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2014
great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work great place to work
A professional working environment, lots of M&A's
Sr. Accountant Corporate Controllers Dept (Former Employee), New York City, NY.May 22, 2014
Pros: growth with in the company
Cons: unfortunately disney acquired us and received a severance package.
Great experience lots of growth apart of 112 Subsidiaries a culture of highly motivated team.
Great place for a daycare, for low income families
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 16, 2014
Pros: taught children life skills and academic lessons
Cons: insurance was high, not quite organized in the office
I would began my day with my children, feeding and changing them, had some circle time, story time, activities, playtime if weather permits it, a learning movie on Fridays.
I learned that children have different patterns of their behavioral and some does not take in love if they are not being shown it at home.
My management always stayed in the office – more... and monitor the cameras, they did not play peek a boo with popping in and out the classes.
My co workers had their different in teaching their class but always asked for my advice, but did not use it at times.
The hardest part of my job was coming back cleaning up the substitute work they left.
The most enjoyable was seeing I was making a difference in a child life. – less
Positive work environment
Distribution Resource Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Work environment where people get work done all while having fun.
State of the art facility.
SVO - Senior Video Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Where you must be detail oriented and be able to adapt quickly to changes in a News environment.
Disney ABC Television Group, NY
Sr. .NET Developer (Current Employee), New York cityApril 8, 2014
Responsibilities:
 Worked on enhancement modules for MediaPulse, JOES and DATG
 Worked on Phase II & III enhancement requirements which helped Content Prep Managers to replace existing manual process with fully automated one that simplifies the process of pertaining show file implementation using Work Orders and also helps to track the progress of – more... prime time show files to air during editing process
 Improved existing Journal Entry System (JOES) process, added more automatic flow and control with more user friendliness with enhanced reports
Environment: ASP.NET, .Net Framework 4.5, MS Visual Studio 2012, WCF, C#, SQL Server, Oracle, JQuery, CSS, Windows 8, IIS 7.5, Crystal Report – less
Always room for growth
Assignment Editor, Web Producer (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 13, 2014
Gained many skills as an assignment editor, web producer! Managed high volume calls/emails, set up interviews and maintained all social media accounts.
Constantly busy, but you learn ALOT
Tape Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch on double show days
Cons: salary, benefits, no pta, no sick days, if you don't work you don't get paid
My day begins at 7am, and I never know when it will end. There's on going work flow, some days an 8 hour day turns into a 16 hour day. It's the nature of the beast.
There's a lot of responsibility in my department being responsible for acquiring all types of footage, and making sure to stay on top of major stories in news, internationally and in pop – more... culture.
You learn so much, you really are entrusted with a huge part of the show, and the producers are emmy award winners who motivate and challenge you every day.
The best part of my job? Our team! – less
Awesome Opportunity
Office Production Intern (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYMarch 3, 2014
Had an awesome time working here as an Intern. I learned the industry and was able to network and make good connections.
Annoyed
Nanny (Former Employee), Doylestown, PAFebruary 20, 2014
This is a placement agency for nannies and in 2 years I have had 2 interviews with families.
Great business to work in if...
Producers Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, wrap parties
Cons: no breaks. even lunches are at your desk
... You like to be constantly looking for your next job and work 12 and sometimes 16 hour days.

The people are great to work with. The perks are nice too.

The hardest part is a lot of down time and then a lot of work at once that has to be done now.

1 2 3 4 5