Disney ABC Employee Reviews in United States

great working environment
ABC security officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes dealing with the general public as well as guest for the building which is access control/customer service. Management is great and they try to take care of any concerns or problems in a timely manner. I get along with all my co workers. Hardest part of the job I would say is making it in for 6:30 AM. Other than that the job is simple. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and learning about the entertainment industry.
Positive, Productive work environment
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be showing up to set (On Time), Checking In with the Production Manager and reviewing lines/ choreography that will be filmed that day.
After thorough review, I would go to Wardrobe, Hair, and MakeUp Stations to ensure my "Look" serves the circumstances of the Scene being shot.
Each scene would vary from 2 to 8 "Takes"...After getting the OK to wrap (End of the day) from the Director I then return all articles of clothing, props, etc and Sign Out with the Production Manager.

The greatest skill Ive learned is how to deal with different personalites and be a team player.

The hardest part of the job were the early call times!lol

The most enjoyable part was the simple fact of being on set and doing what I loved.
Entertainment Professional (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 2, 2016
Honest and transparent leaders
Business goals made clear
High growth and development
Employee enrichment
Trainings made readily available and encouraged
Friendly employees
Pros
3 weeks vacation policy for exempt employees right off the bat (revised in 2015), revised bonus program across enterprise as of Jan 1, 2015 but not made available to all levels
Cons
2 weeks vacation policy for non-exempt employees until year 3, no summer Fridays like other studios, don't shut down week of holidays, bonus eligibility for certain levels with criteria
ABC was an excellent opportunity to grow and learn.
Always Best Care Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Palos Park, ILJuly 18, 2016
ABC is a great place to work. Five stars. People are friendly. The boss is a very caring individual. The people working in the office are very cooperative.
Pros
Reasonable prices of scrubs
Cons
scrubs could be more colorful
Fun but not like real
Talk Show, Assistant / Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 13, 2015
I love my job but think if you ara a good worker you need have a the right compensation. I like be a producer, but in communication all jobs are in group and is to bad work with negative people.
Pros
Close home
Little focus on self development
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 18, 2016
Company is focused what the business needs. Love the team I work with, but management does little to keep the team happy.
Pros
Free disney pass
Cons
lack of focus on individual and team development
Great Benefits
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
The company is offering lots of great benefits:
meal vouchers
50% on transportation
Medical Insurance
Dental Insurance
Pension
Unlimeted holidays
Akjfakbkajbskjfbakjlssjabfs
Administrator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 13, 2016
This was a great job, I enjoyed every aspect of it. I would like to work elsewhere though, we do not mesh anymore as a company-employee pair.
great mission bad management
abc (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2013
this is a place to work for those who really have a calling to help people. The compensation is fair and the benefits are competitive.

management however is very incompetent, disengaged, and do not support their people, which is unfortunate because they could do so much more for the community if they had leadership that cared.

staff work very hard because they believe in the value of what they do, although the lack of leadership is creating a culture of apathy in some of the employees.

it would be great to see a leadership change from upper to middle management which will improve value this organization can bring to the community is incredible.
Pros
you really get to help people, competitive benefits, fair compensation
Cons
poor leadership can become demoralizing
Great company; taught me a lot...
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
I have learned through training how to handle myself as a professional. It has thought me how to deal with people from all walks of life. From entertainers, sports athletes/owners, musicians, etc...I am able to be diversified.
Pros
Great Communicator, very attentive to details, good listener
Cons
Quick to make judgement, tempermental, patience comes & goes
Small Company
Broadcast Systems Support Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
*Small company with just 2 employees and about 5 contractors
*most enjoyable part of the day was going home
*hardest part of the job was the slow days with no service calls
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
The Shop from top to bottom was great. Starting with the bosses down to the apprentices. Hard working family/team like mentality, working together to get the job done. Day started with a thorough rounds and inspection of engine room and building to make sure all HVAC equipment is operating properly, in order to ensure optimal comfort for occupants. Other duties include hot/cold calls which deal with adjusting pneumatic thermostats for a specific area, plumbing, and cleaning of certain areas. Also dealt with all fire prevention systems and equipment throughout the building. This was a relief job with shift work. I enjoyed going to work every day to work with such a great crew.
great place towork for
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, NJMay 13, 2016
It is a great place to work for. Each day is busy. I like my co-workers. There is not enough hours in a day to enjoy the company.
Awesome Resume
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
As a manager I have supervised the overall daily tasks of my team. I love working in a fast paced environment with creative people .
I nice workplace
Student Transportation (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 8, 2016
I learned the importance of working hard and fast. The workplace was fun. Everyone looked out for each other, but honestly it felt like working for a big family.
Cons
Great place to work - young, energetic atmosphere - great environment.
Technical Writer (Current Employee)April 3, 2011
Possibly the best place I have ever worked. Good cross-section of ages and experience. Energetic, young management. Relaxed dress code. Very sports oriented. I was only a contractor so I did not have access to all of the amenities, but the do provide good benefits, a great cafeteria, a gym, exposure to every conceivable sport and overall great work experience. Unfortunately I was unable to convert my contract to permanent or longer-term employment. Having said that, I would still recommend working at ESPN to anyone.
Pros
sports atmosphere
Cons
diffiucult to find permanent positions
Constantly busy, but you learn ALOT
Tape Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2014
My day begins at 7am, and I never know when it will end. There's on going work flow, some days an 8 hour day turns into a 16 hour day. It's the nature of the beast.
There's a lot of responsibility in my department being responsible for acquiring all types of footage, and making sure to stay on top of major stories in news, internationally and in pop culture.
You learn so much, you really are entrusted with a huge part of the show, and the producers are emmy award winners who motivate and challenge you every day.
The best part of my job? Our team!
Pros
free lunch on double show days
Cons
salary, benefits, no pta, no sick days, if you don't work you don't get paid
Professional, goal oriented and treated employees well.
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2016
This review is for ABC-Amega (not Disney ABC). This is a First-Party Collections Outsourcing company. We outsourced with several clients.

The client relations position was a self starter job.

First thing in the morning I would read my emails and address issues. Then I would work my queue which had information concerning the consumers regarding promised payments or issues. I would then contact either existing consumers or new consumers by email or telephone. Sometimes I would receive a reply to my phone call or email and would note the account before continuing on in the queue.
I was required to work a certain number of accounts in queue a day.

I learned to be friendly and upbeat when contacting consumers and made friends with many of them. Since this concerned commercial collection, I would contact Accounts Payable departments and most of the problems were clerical in nature. If there was a problem I could not solve, I would contact the outsource partner. I usually had weekly conference calls with the outsource partners as well to discuss collection issues or promised payments.

The management was great and always ready to help. The office co-workers were discouraged from casual conversation during business hours since collections is a confidential business and we wanted to remain professional.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was tracking down the new customers since some of the invoices were quite old. Some businesses had moved or been sold. I found I liked the challenge because I liked to solve problems and was quite good at it.
Pros
Owner was good to us concerning holidays and holiday parties.
Cons
The pay was low and we did not receive incentives or commissions.
An interesting and enjoyable position at a great company.
Proofreader/ Copy editor,Features writer (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAJanuary 21, 2013
When I first started with ABC/Mariner Newspapers I had had no prior experience as a proofreader. As achild I had always been a voracious reader and, in fact, as a 5 year old whose mother had already taught him to read, when I was sent to bed at night, I would sneak into my bedroom closet with a flashlight and spend hours reading new books I had obtained or magazines my parents had purchased. So proofreading was a simple task which I loved to perform. My co-workers were similarly interested in reading and the work atmosphere was marvelous. After 6 months as aproofreader I was offered the job as a Copy Editor and Features writer and I eagerly accepted the job. I found writing stories a great chance to share my thoughts and the thoughts of those featured in the story and a great chance to share with others. The only difficult thing about this job was having to explain to other writers the reasons for editing their stories
Pros
great associates, frequent pay raises.
Cons
occasionally difficult co-workers having trouble accepting editorial criciticism.
Productive Place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 26, 2015
A place to retire!
Learned how to be a better leader.
Good place, but still a man's world.
Safe culture.
Difficult to climb up the ladder.
Excellent Benefits
Great reward system.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
hard to get noticed and recognized.