Disney Consumer Products Employee Reviews in United States

Good place
Senior Manager Communications (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 25, 2016
Tough place to work and management needs help. Many learning opportunities but won't stay long. Advancement is very difficult. Work life balance can be challenging if not impossible.
Fun place to work.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMay 17, 2016
A typical day at the Disney Store starts with opening the store with a story and letting a little child turn the "Story Book" light on. If a famous Disney song comes on, everyone is welcomed to join in. I have learned that every child grows up and every adult must keep learning. I have worked with and meet people from all over the world and a good attitude can change a bad attitude most times. I enjoy working with my manager and meeting new co workers each season. The hardest part about working retail is approaching shop lifters, you just never know where the person's thinking is. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping new grandparents pick out toys and clothes for the new member of the family.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Nasty customers
Fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
Excellent place to work and is so inviting to everyone of all ages.
It is such a fun place to visit even if you do not plan to buy something. There is something in the Disney Store for everyone!
Lively, fun people to interact with.
"Muppets" Digital Media Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 22, 2016
I had the option to get to work at an earlier time and was able to leave one i completed the 8 hours. I learned how to maintain a set pace while working, once I became acclimated to my work. management was really friendly, and understanding. along with my co-workers were a colorful beam of personalities, all witch enhanced my work experience. The hardest part I would say would be trying to break the occasional monotony that was brought along with the job. The entire 8 hours was just desk/computer work.
Pros
Able to join the ranks of Disney employed and experience company outing as an associate Disney.
Cons
8 hours of desk/computer work.
The expectations of this experience are higher than reality
Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastMarch 18, 2016
Great company, excellent brand. The atmosphere alone is inviting to visit and work in but the culture suffers from poor store management. Both the store level and above are not in tune with the guests or the experience. Over the years they have grown complacent and gone away from what was once special about these stores. They are now like any other retail store when you visit. Advancement is almost non-existent, the management never go anywhere, and the good management always "disappears" why do they let them go? Internal guest service is always preached but seldom ever actually experienced.
Pros
Discounts, and some park admissions
Cons
Low pay. Lack of breaks, poor management, requests off for part-time cast are frowned upon
Disney!!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Who wouldn't love to work at Disney! Working in the retail store was just like any other retail store, running a business. The store cast members make it a magical experience.
Very productive and enjoyable workplace.
Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work included replying to emails regarding our product or a guests order. Working at Disney gave me a lot of patience and helped me deal with people in a better way. Working here also has showed me that I can also communicate with my managers about anything that would possibly affect my ability to work.
Productive, creative, fun and educational workplace
graphic design intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 29, 2015
I get to take on many challenging projects and was able to utilize my skills, as well as learning how to apply and access company creative assets. Received clear guidelines from project manager and with design director giving art directions and company design strategies.

My co-workers were all very helpful and fun to work with, often grab lunch together at the commentary, have many networking opportunities through company events. People in the company were easy going and open to meet and greet new people.
Pros
Free Creative Software courses, Arts and Craft workshops, Library with latest books and magazines, DVDs to check out, Great commuter assistant programs.
Amazing Company that makes their Employees feel respected
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 17, 2015
Disney is a huge company, so when thinking about working for them you might think that they don't care much for each individual employee because there are just so many - but the opposite is true. Working for any of the many branches of disney, makes you feel like you are not just another cog in their great machine, but that you're important to keep their machine running.

I worked out of one of their outlet stores, and it was by far one of my favorite jobs. Yes, they only offered part time positions unless you were management. But that was the only down side of working for disney. Employees receive amazing discounts on every branch of disney's sales - from park tickets to toys. Foremost among this was being given a single ticket to a disney park, for each of your 'household' [ie Husband, son, daughter] every six months - tickets that could stack up to two years before expiring.

The retail aspect of the company encourages employees to play with the children, interact kindly with parents, try out the toys and games, watch the movies. The more you love disney, the better you will be at your job - they understand this, and encourage it completely.

Overall the company is well run, all their management is chosen well and no employee ever feels left out or used.
Pros
Tickets to Parks, Good Discounts, Happy work environment
Cons
Mostly part time
Fun Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Disney. I met amazing individuals who helped shape who I am today. I learned an incredible amount about team building and day to day operations.

Want to know more about Disney Consumer Products?

Ask a question
Its fun to work there, but need second job
Sales associate/Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 29, 2015
It is a fun job, but if you are part time/seasonal, do not expect to work very much. I am averaging about 6 hours a week which I definitely cannot live off of.
Making candy in a timely fashion
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 20, 2015
It was a fun being a cast member at Disney. I made candy at Downtown Disney, and it was fun having my family see me while I worked.

Co-workers were nice. The senior cast members helped me learn the craft.

Hardest part of the job was the night duties in the park. It was late.

The most enjoyable part of the job is smelling the delicious candy I was making.
Magical
cast member (Former Employee) –  New York County, NYNovember 12, 2015
Get Ready in Uniform
Go to Mickey Minute (Meeting)
Work
The Job was OK, if you like Disney then go for it.
Thats all I Have to say.
maintaining stock;
operating the cash register;
cleaning;
preforming closing duties.

This job was a good first job to have, and I would work there again. The most rewarding part of the job was seeing a child's face light up when they walked into the store.
Disney is fun
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2015
Fun place to work, very few benefits. I learned more about Disney working there. It was a shame it was only a seasonal job because it ended too soon.
Amazing Enviroment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 2, 2015
Magical fun work place. Management was amazing and very supportive. I learned that their are jobs out there that can be fun to go to. My co-workers were so funny and fun to work with. There was not a hard part of the job. They made everything fun and exciting. I mean what do you expect it is DISNEY. I love the environment, everyone that worked there or walked in there just couldn't help it but be in a good mood.
Pros
Happiness
Hectic environment
Crew (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 28, 2015
Managers weren't very nice or helpful, coworkers were either rude or quiet, it got very hectic very fast. None of the managers fully explained where things were or how they wanted things done. Coworkers who had been working there for a long time already, didn't like to help the new members, we were expected to figure things out on our own, even if we got yelled at. Managers didn't like to be asked questions. Managers certainly did not follow the Disney guidelines for the store.
Pros
Snacks during meetings
Cons
Short breaks, rude employees, hectic environment, too hot inside the store.
Working hard hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TxSeptember 2, 2015
Cleaning and picking up after children wasn't easy. I learned how to be on my feet for long hours. The management wasn't tactful, got in trouble for something that wasn't my fault. My coworkers were very sweet and always wanted to give a helping hand. The hardest part of my job was the hours. Never consistent and were changing daily.
Pros
discounts
Cons
inconsistency with hours and favoritism with other employees
DCP is a professional department with many ways to learn within the department.
Team Member-Q/A, HR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Glendale,CAAugust 28, 2015
Disney Consumer Products allows for on-the-job training in their DUCK Center, which affords you free education. DCP allows for growth and advancement within the company.
Pros
A professional organization with many valuable workers who work in a synergistic manner.
Cons
I cannot think of any at this time.
Always A Magical Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
Considering I've always been a huge Disney fan, I loved working at The Disney Store. I was always greeted by all fellow cast members (co-workers) with enthusiasm and a smile. A typical work day would consist of helping guests (customers), organizing the store, restocking, and working the cash register. All tasks were rotated between all cast members. Management never treated any cast members unequally. They always did just as much work as the rest of us. It was always a fun day at work.

4.2