Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews

Not a good place to create a career, very hard if you don't have connec
Web Resolution Agent (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJune 12, 2015
I have a Masters degree and a lot of experience in the Communication field but because I don't have "friends" in higher positions my opportunities to grow are 0
Productive and fun workplace
VIP Suits and Cabin Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), MiamiApril 28, 2015
- Day at work is very exciting, new learnings everyday
- Handling and following up and solving guest challenges and / or positive / negative comments
- Learned people handling skills, multi nationality
- Colleagues very helpful
- Two way communication among colleagues, management and reporting crew members
- Best part is meeting new people, new clientel, learning / training for new things related to the department / ship
- Safety is the number one priority
Very interesting but exiting work place
Pastry Chef (Current Employee), Cape Canaveral,Florida,U.S.A.April 18, 2015
Pros: free meals, excellent recognition programs, self development programs
Cons: long hours, confine environment
Often times each day bring challenges but with the great pool of international talents with excellent knowledge we are able to rise above.Over all it is a very productive and result driven work place.It is wonderful working with so many different nationality,I have learnt a lot because of this diversity, although at the same time this can pose the biggest challenge as it relate to misunderstandings owing to deference in culture.Manager are proactive and eager to teach.I enjoy the appreciation shown to each crew member on a day to day basis both by ship board and shore side leaders.
Perfect for a young collegiate!
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Celebration, FLApril 6, 2015
Great place to work.. wonderful and diverse culture. Teaches you so much about your life and how to deal with different situations.
AMAZING EXPERIENCE
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Responsible for the coordination of recreational activities from children ages 4 mos to 17 years in a safe, entertaining and timely fashion. Monitor children’s special needs, allergies, and dietary restrictions.
Fun Work , Make Money
Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2015
Hard work, Good Money , Professional People , Smily Faces , No Sleep , No Day Off , Going to Island When You Arrive The Port Eat Different Food See Different culture , respect
Great Learning Experience
Cruise Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Celebration, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: cruise benefits
Working for Disney Cruise Line taught me a whole world of information. The travel industry is strong no matter what you are selling. I loved being able to work directly with my clients that I built a personal rapport with and create the magic expected of me with laughter and personality.
amazing company to work for
Youth Counselor/ Trainer. (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Disney is one of the best companies to work for in the entertainment world and i am so lucky to have been able to experience. We worked long hours all contract on the cruise line but it was a fun experience and i learned a lot professionally and personally.
The Best Company Ever
Dining Manager and Maitre D' of Fine Dining (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: 8 weeks holidays with no phones to answer or emails to read!!!
Cons: away from family
As the rest of Disney Corporation, the Disney Cruise line is run by dedicated professionals! Dedicate to Disney Culture and most importantly to their employees!! The best senior management that I have worked with and even if it is a large corporation with a long line of hierarchy, the decision making is very fast and efficient. The staff that work/worked there some of the most amazing I have met. The training program and development for all employees (management training included) one of the most efficient I have experienced. The Best!!
Ever-Changing lifestyle
Cast Member/Director/Supervisor (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral, FloridaFebruary 4, 2015
Long work days with multiple short breaks. Living with your team, you become a family. I loved everyone I worked with and met. I learned light years faster about life while living on the cruise ship and working with the Disney company. Hardest part of the job is not being able to be in contact with loved ones. Most enjoyably, the relationships I had with everyone I met.
Coffee break with friends
Safety & Security Officer (Current Employee), Florida, Miami.January 27, 2015
during coffee break in cafeteria we meet our friends where we share our day experience, make jokes and laugh on funny experiences etc...
Awesome product to support
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJanuary 21, 2015
It is a good place to work. Supporting the product is an easy task, as the product is awesome. I have enjoyed learning about cruise line operations, safety within a business, and a little about insurance.
Productive, clean and enjoyable work place
Assistant Bartender & First Responder (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FlJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free flights, launches and living expenses
It was great for trainings from other bartenders, every week they would have at lease one training season knowledge from how to make proper types of coffee to how to do a Martini tasting with guest. Everyone I could talk about from beverage team always tried to help each other in anyway possible for eg, cover shift if breaks are need for bathroom etc. Management are nice and always try within there power to help you out with there excessive knowledge to help you reach the goals you are/ they would like you to achieve. Hardest part of the job was picking up stores for the bar. Most enjoyable crew bar Obviously hahaha.
Magical experience
Dining Service and Guest Relations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2015
• Respond to all Guest requests, concerns and issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures that Guest History is updated and used to make guest’s stay
• enjoyable
• worked in a multicultural environment
• organised the guests’ time on private islands and while not on board of the cruiser
• supervise position in emergency life-saving drills
Strong and consistant job
Guest services host (Current Employee), Port CanaveralDecember 31, 2014
In a 70 hours of work per week in a cruise ship, where everything is included and we have to host 4000 guests every week and provide the best service possible.
Supportive coworkers with who you will share every moment of your life.Great job to develop flexibility and adaptability.
Everybody is awesome at work
Senior Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2014
Typical day at work is having back to back treatments especially on Navigation days. I learned a lot from working on the ships especially on Disney Cruiselines. Everybody is happy and working with people from all over the world is awesome.
Management is phenomenal they ensure everything is perfect on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part in working on the ships is seeing the world and serving and also working with people from all over the world
fun place
Chef De Cuisine (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2014
it was a good run with dcl only very less opportunity for advancements. I worked over there for 2 years
Excellent work and experience
Chef de Rang (Current Employee), orlandoDecember 4, 2014
Work everyday serving between 30 and 40 guest in 3 different restaurants.
I´ve learned to exceed guest satisfaction.
I´m coordinator with 2 more chef de rang and we are responsible for put the restaurant ready.
I work with an assistant server.
The hardest part of my job is work everyday in 6 months without a day off.
Metting people from all over the world and travel its a great experience.
It is fun to work aboard on a cruise ship.
Quartermaster/Fire patrol (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FLNovember 28, 2014
Working on a cruise ship is exciting more adventure and fun .You will not notice that days had pass and you wake up one day that you are about to have your vacation and just finished your contract.
Life on Disney
GP/Environmental or Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee), FLNovember 27, 2014
normal working days onboard
management level is average
crew are nice and attentive
benefits are some what not good
strict company policy
hardest part of the job is when there is AFR in the pool
i enjoy alot in my line of work
i learned many things
i learned and updated my knowledge about pools
learned how to fix small issues about the machinery being used in the operation

disney cruise line was a good company and im thankful that i was a part of that company

1 2 3 4 5

About Disney Cruise Line

Disney Cruise Line is proud to support many efforts that nurture the lives of children and enrich the valued environment of the – Read more

Disney Cruise Line Salaries