Disney Cruise Line Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and excellent learning expierience
Clearance OfficerConcierge Manager/GSH (Current Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLMarch 17, 2016
Shifts tend to stroll down 10 to 12 hours a day with 7 days for six months straight. Very high volume of hospitality in all aspects. Embarkation and debarkation days logistics and Food and Bev teams must be on the toes.

Management is good at times
Co-workers ar form 52 nationalities so you will adapt to different strokes for different folks or ship out. Must be very flexible and adaptable to change. Every day is a sea day.
I think the best think of it all is that its Disney and the ships are just my babies.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of taking phone calls from customers about purchasing cruise tickets and the rates and prices we had going on. I learned that every customer is not the same you have some nice ones that will work with you and you have the ones that's very unpatient with you and can be very rude.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks And Not Enough Employee Benefits
Disney Cruise Lines
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLNovember 10, 2015
It was a fun job. I worked here for 3 months and left early due to illness. There was a full month of training. The food in the crew mess was very limited. I worked in the nursery. I had long sometimes 12 hour days. I got to visit different countries but was working so much only got off at a few ports. The kids club was well run. I met alot of people from all over the world. If we did have free time we could do anything on the ship like watch shows or use the pool. It was expensive to get wifi on sea days. We had safety drills every few weeks. The hardest training was ship survival training where we had to flip over a large life raft and swim in the ocean.
Pros
travel, use cruise ship amenities
Cons
sea days, long hours
Very Productive and Fun to work with
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando Florida USAApril 23, 2016
Working in Cruise Ships is fun and full of adventure as you sail the seas, working with different people, culture and religion. what I have learned is that you can put everyone in one place and works in harmonious ways in spite of many differences, the key is to teach them how to show respect to each and everyone.

Hardest part of the job is you have to work straight on an embarkation day, but that's fine cause its only one day on a week.

Most enjoyable part is to see the world getting paid.
Pros
Free Food and accomodation
Cons
Long Hours
Great Experience
Youth Activities Counselor (YAC) (Former Employee) –  everywhereFebruary 1, 2016
I never got to go to collage, so from the "Job Work/Life Balance," Disney did a great job and provided me with that collage experience I never had. Over all loved it!
Pros
free food, free airfare when going home
Cons
Managment changed alot, long days
A efficient and happy work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FLApril 19, 2016
the store is run like a well oiled machine. The Manager splits the store in to areas in the morning, giving each Merchandise Associate a new task to take care of for the day.
Everyone is aware of there duties and knows that they are responsible for that area throughout the day.
Making sure it is fully stocked at all times and kept neat and presentable in order to give a great first impression to guests visiting the store for the first time.
Whilst attending to these areas it is most important that we pay attention to the needs of our guests at all times.
Management is mostly on the floor during the busy times but if they are needed at any time, it is just a phone call and they are there in a minute. My co. workers were great and were always willing to help each other out when someone was in need of a extra hand.
The hardest part of the job is probably reading your guest as you only have the first 30 seconds to make that lasting impression. My most enjoyable part of the job is when the returning guests cruise and can still remember my name.This shows me that I succeeded in building a relationship with the guest and now I have a new friend.
Pros
Free accommodation, food and Dental
Cons
short breaks.
Security and Guest Satisfaciotn
Recepcionist/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Disney is a role model for guest services culture.

I learned everything I know about guest satisfacion there.

Even in the middle of the Atlantic, on a rainny day, we could exceed guest expectations.
Pros
Guest Satisfacion experience
Cons
Long contracts onboard
Michelin Fine Dinning Food on the Sea
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando usaDecember 23, 2015
Working for Disney was 16 week contract working everyday 8-12 hour a day. after we had a 8 week vacation before we started another contract. the diversity of having a French and a american chef writing menu for the restaurant was interesting and also challenging. maintain the 2 different styles. as sous chef/CDC my job was to maintain those level and making sure our team was following all laws of the sea. USPH which was set to a high level of sanitation and also the calculating hours and rest/break time. purchasing and ordering was also interesting as it was challenges as products came from France and some never heard before items from USA.
over all the who experience was an eye opener and an experiance
Pros
everything included and saved money
Cons
no days off
Very interesting but exiting work place
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral,Florida,U.S.A.April 18, 2015
Often times each day bring challenges but with the great pool of international talents with excellent knowledge we are able to rise above.Over all it is a very productive and result driven work place.It is wonderful working with so many different nationality,I have learnt a lot because of this diversity, although at the same time this can pose the biggest challenge as it relate to misunderstandings owing to deference in culture.Manager are proactive and eager to teach.I enjoy the appreciation shown to each crew member on a day to day basis both by ship board and shore side leaders.
Pros
free meals, excellent recognition programs, self development programs
Cons
long hours, confine environment
These cruises are magical in every possible way
Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLMarch 29, 2016
Our Cruise last year in October was excellent despite some rough waves on the first night due to Hurricane Sandy! Great crew, great food, and just all around beautiful boat with many activities to do.
Good experience.
Stateroom service attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2016
Good company, Good benefit, High job standard, Treat every employees equally, Safety and listen every employees problems.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
work 7 days a week
Productive and Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2016
AMAZING EXPERIENCE !!, with Excellent People Fulfilling Excellent Services in the Restaurants., Compensations and Benefits for crew members are wondeful
productive and awesome place
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2015
Disney cruise line is awesome place to work, i loved wolrking and making all the children smile. I loved seeing all the kids happy, they would be so attached to the crew and they would be sad when the cruise is over.

The diversity of the crew members gave an opportunity to learn a lot from fellow crew members.The managers were hands on there were times when they would schedule themselves on ga

Working those long hours was exhausting.

Traveling the world for free was the reward at the end of the day for those long hours.
Pros
crew discounts in the parks
Cons
Having seven days seminar on your first week onboard
Female Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manila, P00March 7, 2013
Working at Disney cruise line is really a big opportunity to me. I am doing a gangway security operations every port of call, that is a long standing duty. I learned a lot of things mostly in security matters, professionalism and self-improvement. The management is good they have their ears to listen to everyone, they are supportive especially in implementing the company procedures. My co-workers are all good also they are supportive and like a family. The hardest part of my job, honestly, because I'm on the right track as a Security I don't see or feel any hard thing on my job as a Security. The most enjoyable is working together with my co-Security Guards & the chance that I have to go out & explore in any port of destination.
Pros
high salary, good food, good
Cons
long hours of work everyday
Great Company
Costume Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 29, 2016
Great people. Wonderful family. Beautiful shows and you can have fun whilst you work.
Disney treat their employees with respect and dignity and make working for them joy
The Best Company Ever
Dining Manager and Maitre D' of Fine Dining (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 12, 2015
As the rest of Disney Corporation, the Disney Cruise line is run by dedicated professionals! Dedicate to Disney Culture and most importantly to their employees!! The best senior management that I have worked with and even if it is a large corporation with a long line of hierarchy, the decision making is very fast and efficient. The staff that work/worked there some of the most amazing I have met. The training program and development for all employees (management training included) one of the most efficient I have experienced. The Best!!
Pros
8 weeks holidays with no phones to answer or emails to read!!!
Cons
away from family
Tourist time
Cruise Terminal Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLSeptember 9, 2015
If you like meeting new people and interacting with others, theme parks are a great place to work. So many different positions to work and the ability to transfer to different jobs on a regular basis. Both outside and inside work is available.
Pros
Theme park admission, health benefits
Cons
Corporate giant without understanding of the average person
Can you get any better than Disney?
Lead Singer/Band Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Canaveral, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Disney Cruise Lines was an amazing place to work and travel you get to see the world. and make good money and meet people from all over the world!
hard working
floor care specialist (Former Employee) –  Florida, United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
maintenance of the floorings
taking stocks of the fast moving items
helping guest on embarking and disembarking guest
Pros
visiting different countries
Cons
far from home
Very Good place to work
Asst.Quick Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami USAJune 13, 2014
It is a very good company. Learned a lot about different culture and had a good experience working with Management of different countries. The company co-workers were very good and co-operative. The hardest part of the job was that there was to much pressure put on us n there was no proper timing at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was mixing with different crew members and sharing the experience of F&B to junior Crew.
Pros
the food was good.
Cons
there was timing forr work but were asked to work over time without any benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Disney Cruise Line. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5