Disney Store Employee Reviews

Amazingly fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
Cons: Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
The Disney Store is a great job for Disney fans!

Being surrounded by the Disney culture made going to work something to look forward to.
Most retail jobs are a bore. But if you have the energy to keep up with Disney, there's never a dull day and it doesnt feel like work.

It is quite competitive when it comes to moving up in the store but thats usually because theres only a few of each leadership position and several cast members make great candidates.
However, the Disney Store is really good about acknowledging your work/progress and rewards appropriately.

Summer and holidays do get a little crazy but it just keeps things interesting.
fun exciting magical enviroment and interaction with all ages of persons
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Racine, WIAugust 17, 2015
Pros: personal growth, uplifting satisfaction with personal performances and influences
Cons: addicting, falling for the hype of the product, leads to too many heroes and collections
the music, the fresh new programs and merchandize created the enthusiastic tools to contribute toward the promotion of new heroes, villains which contributed to life lessons. A constant evolving of positivity for enrichment of growth.
Productive on the sales floor and stocking
Sales Associate (Current Employee), National City, CAAugust 16, 2015
Magical work place from answering the phone, to ringing guest at the box office and providing an excellent customer service, a day at the Disney Store can be busy and fast-paced. Decent amount of engaging tasks and projects that encourage personal development.
Productive and fun workplace
Seller (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Fun enviorment, great people, good discounts
Cons: low compensation
The time I was employed at the Disney Store was very enjoyable. It is a very busy high volume work place but there were always enough workers on the floor to help out and I never felt overworked. My co-workers and manager were amazing people who were always professional and genuinely cared about you. They always worked around my school schedule and after only 10 months of working there I was told I was being considered for a leadership position. Unfortunately, at that time I had just found a new full-time job position elsewhere so I had to decline it. I loved my time working at the Disney Store I just wish they compensated better so I could have stayed, but it is also retail so it paid fair for what it was.
Workinf for Disney Store
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed working very high energy and joyful attitudes. You must kids and everything they represent. The job is easy nothing crazy if you work cashier keep a smile and be very patient and have a friendly attitude. If you're working stock please pay attention to detail, and make sure everything faces forward and hang and fold clothes in size order.
Fun work place, great people
Cast Member (Current Employee), Nashville TNJuly 31, 2015
The atmosphere is great, with fun people to work with. It can be fast paced like an retail environment. Disney has high standards that it holds its cast to, so you can be sure of a good work environment.
Very fun job with opportunity to relive childhood
Cast Member (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Disneyworld perk
Cons: Overnight shift requires longer hours
Working overnight included the best of both worlds: the rush of customers and the monotonous amount of restocking. It was great going to a job that had my childhood memories (Disney). Coworkers were super friendly and the staff was accommodating when prompted
The Disney Store is a fun work place. You work with nice cast members and engage with guests of all ages "making their day".
Cast Member (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of laughs & passes to the parks
Cons: Not enough hours of work available
It's all about engaging with guests of all ages-loving being with the people you greet and help, as well as the fun cast and managers you work with. You work hard and play hard and learn new skills along the way. An Awesome place to work.
Fun to work if you are not in charge
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: The guests are wonderful
Cons: Management is a tight net group, insult one you insult them all
No chance to move up, Disney is a great place to work. No one leaves. You get to sing and dance. You not only have the duties of the store, Like resets, windows, recovery, cash out registers, e mail etc.
You also need to volunteer, ( I did like this) Learn the scripts to each event, make sure you know what can be released and when and all in 40 hours each week no overtime allowed and no taking home work (you will get written up for working off the clock.)
Loved it. nothing negative to say about it. except for black fridays's
Replenisher (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 3, 2015
I loved working at the Disney Store. It was a seasonal job. Everyone was treated with respect. The environment was....Magical. Pun intended. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a kids face when we had the item they wanted on the back instead of on display. I miss that job.
Exciting and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ArizonaJuly 1, 2015
Worked greeting customers and as a cashier. Very exciting and fun place to work, great management and coworkers. Had to leave company for a better pay advancement elsewhere
Working at the Disney Store
Lead Cast Member (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved working for the Disney store it was both magical and a good experience. I loved the people we all worked together as a team.
Fast Pace and exciting workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
During the weekend it is usually very busy and fast paced but fun at the same time. Engaging guests of all ages in small store activities and events throughout the day. I learned how to multi task and give the best quality service while still being time efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people from all around the world and having fun with the kids that come in and want to know more about our products.
Productive, enjoyable workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 14, 2015
Cons: unsteady hours
The typical day at work included working at the cash register, assisting guests with their needs and creating an enjoyable environment for those who stopped in. Management made sure to assist employees without hesitance. All co-workers had kind demeanors majority of the time. The hardest part of the Job was working on call, without having a steady work schedule. The Most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on a child's face because one found the toy they were looking for.
Very family oriented and great, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJune 5, 2015
Great place to work. Amazing co workers. Very family oriented. Everyone supports each other. Hardest part of the job is the hours and shifts. Manager is extremely fair with scheduling, but with all retail shifts are hard. Best part of job, having fun and well, it's Disney
Fun And Productive WorkPlace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Commerce,CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: 30% Discount
Cons: None
A typical day consist of being on the floor, Greeting Customers and Running to stock to fetch whatever is needed to restock the floor.
Such a fun and very positive workplace
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee), PRMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free passes to the parks
Cons: No cons, it's really awesome to work there
A typical day working as a Cast Member at Disney Store, is a day full of smiles, laughing and a lot of storytelling. Working at Disney Store taught me that sales can be fun, it's great to create this connection with your guest and being able to supply their needs, and I really love doing that. The managers are awesome, they're our leaders, they guide us and teach us everyday, the same with my co-workers, – more... we help each other and have good communication, we believe in team effort to create a lot of magic. The hardest part of my job I would say that is dealing with angry guests, but we always say that having patience is the key and that there's always something we can do to help that angry guest, and make him happy, it's kind of like a challenge. What I love most about my job is creating magical moments for people of all ages. It feels amazing to be able to make a person smile and laugh and at the same time help them with their needs, I just love it. – less
Productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2015
It was an easy and relax job, when it was busy you had to be quick to help the customers out at the cashier fast. It was very enjoyable to help out customers find out merchandise that they were interested in like looking for a specific character. Management were really helpful and nice.
A great place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMay 26, 2015
Disney was a great place to work. A friendly team and great guests, it was always a pleasant experience! The reason I stopped working there was due to the unfortunate closing of my location. There aren't many Disney Stores near me any more, so it isn't much of a possibility anymore.
Loved working here
Sales Associate/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 4, 2015
The store I worked at is now closed, but I loved working there. My wages were fair and the hours were flexible. My coworkers were wonderful, friendly people, and everyone had a lot of energy. My favorite part of working for this company was coming in early in the morning and turning on the Disney music and dancing around while we prepared for the day. Evenings were generally the same.