Disney Store Employee Reviews

Mickey's house
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2013
You get to be that inner child everyday you work..
A smile is visible as soon as you see your Disney store because you know Disney is where the magic begins. As you walk through the onstage store to the backstage to clock in you notice all the new and wonderful items that may have arrived while you were gone, you have to stop and look at it(so always give yourself extra time before you start your shift).you make it backstage and you are greeted with surprises on most days. maybe some one cooked or left you your favorite character in or on your locker, you check what's new ,get your head set put on, clock in, time hit the stage.. Who knows maybe you are greeting today(just ask your manager), So get you mickey hands ready.. your goal is to give the best 30 minutes to every child that visit The Disney Stores no matter if the are 1day old or 100 years old. meet and greet every guest and always with a smile. and a lot of Disney magic. There is always something to do, change a fixture.. replenish stock and not forgetting to assist our guests from the time they arrive until the time that they leave, and before you know it your day is done..(how time flies when you are having fun)
I learned many hands make the load light.. also team work is a must along with kindness and humility.. never be afraid to ask for help..
The best team of Mangers in all of Disney
The best co-workers in all of Disney
The hardest pat of my job is going home..
The best part of my job is knowing I helped make a child smile no matter their age..
Pros
contests contests contest.. rewards abound free disney tickets
Cons
most jobs are partime
Superior education of Leadership and Retail Expertise
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida, New York NY, New Jersey, Puerto RicoJanuary 30, 2014
Everyday at the Disney Stores posed new and challenging differences, whether it be in Human Resources, Operational challenges, Loss Prevention tactics, and Creating an exceptional shopping experience for our customers.

I had the privilege of working with some of the most talented and connected professionals in retail, and entertainment industries. Our teams were passionate about the company, the brand, and the roles they played.

The hardest part of any job is human resources and leadership, yet they are the most rewarding part of the job. I've been blessed with having the opportunity to mentor and grow many individuals in their growth, even long after leaving the Disney Stores.

The most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring and helping our internal "guest", the employee to reach greater levels of personal and professional growth. Through those achievements, as a team we were able to achieve outstanding results. I would relish the opportunity to put those experiences to work in an environment that would benefit the community and those that want to achieve more.

Let's sit down and talk. I think you'll find you've found the right candidate for Goodwill. The most important part of seeking my final employment is not about money or position, but rather a place I fit in, and can feel I make a difference at the end of the day.

Gratefully,
Michelle M. Delibert
Pros
excpetional partnerships and learning experiences
Cons
company in turmoil through the selling and closing processes
A little break from real life
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2013
In my experience working at the Disney Store, it feels like a family. Everyone, no matter on what level, shares a love for the brand and it brings you together.

A typical day at work consists of greeting all guests, engaging them in storytelling (just talking with them about the characters, movies, or shows they like), and wrapping up at the box office(cash register).
Although it is a sales associate position, it is not pushy. Every store has goals to reach, and it is known that you will have to try and sell items to guests, but it isn't like your typical sales job because people love the products, the authenticity and quality of the products, and the experience that comes along with coming to the Disney Store.

Some days will be better than others, but you know what to expect every day you come in. And you are encouraged to play around a little and be silly, so it's not really like a real job at all.

My co-workers are mostly older adults, although there are some people my age (20's). Also, most have been there for years.

The hardest part will be talking to people and being a little crazy if you are a shy person.
The best part of the job (which you will experience more often than not) is making someone's day when you do use storytelling, or help them get something they'd been looking for but couldn't find.

It definitely is a magical place.
Pros
awesome part time job, fun, non-stressful, lots of little gifts, fun meetings, volunteer/community events, loving staff
Cons
pay is low, not much room for advancement

Comment – July 13, 2013

What do the benefits consist of? I would love nothing more than to work for Disney. My boyfriend works there and we love going whenever we can but as a disney store employee would I have the same benefits as him? The main one I wonder about is can I get into the parks for free so he isn't always signing me in? Thanks :)

Everyday was new and exciting!
AZ​ Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 29, 2015
At The Disney Store, there was no such thing as "a typical day" because everyday was a new and exciting day. Very much like at Disneyland. I learned so much in my year of working here, such as learning to communicate in a way to keep the Disney magic running. I learned that work does not always have to be so serious and it is okay to have fun as long as the job gets done. I also was able to learn how to get comfortable approaching guests in the store as well as talk to kids of all ages. My fellow cast members were a pleasure to work with! We always played games with each other as well as with our guests and we attended many volunteer events together and saw many new Disney films as a group. The hardest part of the job was probably trying to stay upbeat and bouncy all day! The store is so full of excitement and it takes a lot of energy to keep up with everyone and everything. However, that is what also made it FUN. The best thing about working at The Disney Store was simply seeing all the smiles, hearing all the laughs, that you as a Cast Member, created for the guests. It is the most rewarding thing out of the whole experience.
Pros
Free movie tickets, special events, cast store meetings, holiday cast discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no break room
Magic of Disney Happens Everwhere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 30, 2012
Even within a shopping store at the local Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe, Working at the Disney Store was simple, enjoyable and at times entertaining. The tasks for a cast member were normal, like stocking the front area, organizing the back storage and helping customers with their purchases. The employees and fellow cast members were easy to get along with, they explained everything and became some very close friends. Sometimes, cast members would entertain the children that came in by singing along with the music being played in the store of using a couple of stuffed Disney characters for a brief puppet show. The pay was reasonable, and the work hours were well stretched out. The hardest part of the job was moving around certain equipment, like tall ladders, which is to be expected and was accomplished with no problems at all. Working at the Disney Store, even for just a few seasonal months, was worth it and the chance to work in another Disney store for an equal or greater amount of time would be just as pleasing and taken.
Pros
indoor ac environment, well-balanced working crew, reasonable pay
Cons
short breaks, seasonal positions only
Very fun & dynamic place to work with Disney magic everywhere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 25, 2015
I had a blast working as a cast Member at the Disney Store last year in the holiday season. It was a joy to be a part of the Disney experience every day at work, spreading Disney Magic to all the guests that entered the store. Working hard to help each and every guest find just the right gift item or treating themselves to a little bit of Disney magic was a fun challenge daily. Working with an energetic and outgoing staff made the job even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was disappointing the guests when we were out of the item they really wanted or the size of a costume or clothing piece they had their heart set on. I learned how to entertain the guests on a daily basis with my own bit of "Disney lingo" and at times juggle between assisting a guest on the phone and multiple guests in the store, all looking for that one special item. I loved putting a smile on the face of many store guests when I helped them find the perfect items to purchase.
Pros
Living the Disney experience daily
Cons
Cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the entire store after Black Friday weekend
Such a fun and very positive workplace
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PRMay 29, 2015
A typical day working as a Cast Member at Disney Store, is a day full of smiles, laughing and a lot of storytelling. Working at Disney Store taught me that sales can be fun, it's great to create this connection with your guest and being able to supply their needs, and I really love doing that. The managers are awesome, they're our leaders, they guide us and teach us everyday, the same with my co-workers, we help each other and have good communication, we believe in team effort to create a lot of magic. The hardest part of my job I would say that is dealing with angry guests, but we always say that having patience is the key and that there's always something we can do to help that angry guest, and make him happy, it's kind of like a challenge. What I love most about my job is creating magical moments for people of all ages. It feels amazing to be able to make a person smile and laugh and at the same time help them with their needs, I just love it.
Pros
Free passes to the parks
Cons
No cons, it's really awesome to work there
The most magical place on Earth...
Cast Member-Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRFebruary 6, 2013
As a Cast Member (Associate Sales) for the Disney Store, I bring magic to all our guests. I love everything Disney, and I love how is the Company composed. What I don't like are the call in, because most of the time they tell you that it won't be activated.

I love that I have learned a lot from the online trainings, about how a retail business operate, and how important are the details, the guest engagement, among other things.

The WDC offers lots of good benefits, though I'd like to be able to have a retirement plan, and to work for the company in Florida as Human Resources, which was what I studied.

Wonderful co-workers, I get along very well with all of them, which is great!!!

Is a privilege and honor to be working for one of the most prestigious companies in the world, and I'm proud to be a Disney Ambassador.

The most magical place on Earth.
Pros
merchandise, hotel discount, free passes to the parks.
Cons
call in shifts
Fun and fast paced environment, with many memorable experiences.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Each day you get to come to work and anticipate giving a magical opening ceremony, story tell how you will plan the day ahead of you, and make sure every guest is given the Disney experience they deserve. As a manager you must ensure that the balance between metrics and magic is met on a constant basis, despite the fast paced environment and workload. I have learned that there are many different ways of coaching, developing, and achieving results through storytelling and disney lingo, playing games, secret shops, roleplaying, etc. The hardest part of this job is getting all of your team to balance tasking and great guest service, I believe this is ultimately the hardest part to any retail job. Of course, the best part of the job is to see the expressions of joy on guests of all ages when they are given the greatest Disney experience.
Fun But Serious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work would be clocking in and going out to meet your manager. The assign your duty for the day, or atleast until the next associate goes home. Atypical day at work included to clean, when something is dirty, restock the shelves, greet the guests with a smile, work with the cash registers when guests are ready to check out. What I learned was to work at a fast pace, but remember to be polite! I learned to be a more opened person. Management was great. They know what they are doing and how to get it done. My co-workers were outgoing & awesome. The hardest part of the job was restocking with what we had left over. Sometimes the item wouldn't be in stock, so we either filled it with something else, or did a 'fake-out'. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with kids! Helping the adults find what they needed, or give advice on what they should buy.
Productive and fun workplace
Seller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 5, 2015
The time I was employed at the Disney Store was very enjoyable. It is a very busy high volume work place but there were always enough workers on the floor to help out and I never felt overworked. My co-workers and manager were amazing people who were always professional and genuinely cared about you. They always worked around my school schedule and after only 10 months of working there I was told I was being considered for a leadership position. Unfortunately, at that time I had just found a new full-time job position elsewhere so I had to decline it. I loved my time working at the Disney Store I just wish they compensated better so I could have stayed, but it is also retail so it paid fair for what it was.
Pros
Fun enviorment, great people, good discounts
Cons
low compensation
Working as part of the Disney Cast and helping create magic for all the guests.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 10, 2013
A typical day at work at Disney would be after clocking in backstage, I would go to the main stage up front and greet guests and help them find that disney magic they seek. During peak times, I would operate the register and check guests out with their purchase. At night before going home, I would make sure the stage is fully stocked and ready for the next day. My co-workers at disney are always very pleasant and happy to work with during the day. The hardest part of the job would be leaving the magical place at the end of each day. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting with different guests of all ages and re-creating the disney magic for them.
Pros
being surrounded by disney
Cons
it was only part time
challenge
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Working for Disney Store i started working in the stock room pretty much i had to make sure that the merchandise that come in are put away, make sure the stock room is clear by getting the boxes out they way have it clean and organize then at the end of the shift take out the garbage. i also worked on sales/cashier, i helped guest by getting them the size of clothing when it wasn't on the store i had to check on the stock room to make sure if they have the size that they asked. Management at the Disney Store was united everyone helped out the crew and we had good communicate. the most enjoyable part about working with the Disney Store was that environment being surrounded by kids and we could play with them and show a good attitude.
Pros
breaks
Cons
breaks
Disney Store
Sales, Retail, Stock (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2012
cashier,stocking,cleaning,customer service
everytime something new comes into the store, I was aware and needed to know the knowledge of the products.
Management was great, Never had any issues.
I couldnt have asked for a better group of co-workers
I say the hardest part of the job was when I couldnt figure out where to put stuff in the stock room because we were so stocked up with everything, but when theres a will, there is always a way.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing everyday Im working with a great group of people I have the honor of calling my co-workers, and also making sure customers come and leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
friendly co-workers, candy, snacks, good energy always
Cons
no issues, just wish i still worked there
Fun and Energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2012
Very fun place to work. It was like a big playground for even us who were working there. I came in everyday and first thing I had to get to was cleaning up the store, putting things back in their shelves, refolding and reorganizing shelves and displays. Next thing was restocking empty shelves. Helping customers with their questions and shopping concerns. I would occasionally cashier. I would usually close the store. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every single part of this job except maybe restocking because the stock room was really tiny and it was tough manuevering around such tiny and tight places.
Pros
work time would fly by
Cons
you could only work part time, even management was only part time
Amazingly fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
The Disney Store is a great job for Disney fans!

Being surrounded by the Disney culture made going to work something to look forward to.
Most retail jobs are a bore. But if you have the energy to keep up with Disney, there's never a dull day and it doesnt feel like work.

It is quite competitive when it comes to moving up in the store but thats usually because theres only a few of each leadership position and several cast members make great candidates.
However, the Disney Store is really good about acknowledging your work/progress and rewards appropriately.

Summer and holidays do get a little crazy but it just keeps things interesting.
Pros
Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
Cons
Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
fun atmosphere
Lead Cast Member/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2013
It was a very fast paced environment, with lots of families and children in the store all the time. Lots of fun, great music, happy merchandise....I learned to carry myself in a positive manner at all times, to be extremely organized and proactive, to take charge of situations. I learned how to select quality employees and to help them become even better. Opportunities for advancement were almost endless, and Disney takes great care of its people. No employee was permitted to mistreat another employee, and everyone was expected and required to shoulder their share of the work load.
Pros
challenging in a great way
Cons
lots of hours, wild schedules
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2012
Starting your day in the Disney Store is a great thing because everything about the environment is nice. I learned many things like something about myself how I am a perfectionist. Something that my managers and co-workers noticed in particular when it came to folding the t-shirts I always tried to do it and it always had to be neat. Management was exceptional it was good to go to them and be able to get help. The co-workers were awesome we all helped each other and we were a team. The hardest part of the job could be dealing with customers that were not happy. The most enjoyable part of the job would be everything that is the job it is hard to choose one.
Fun Store to Work
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Fun place to work. Day to day tasks are greeting guests with Disney magic bringing the park feel to them. I've learned how to fold a many t-shirts! haha. The management and co workers are all nice and upbeat people to be around. The hardest part of the job is staying engaged with the guests. Most guests love browsing the store on their own peacefully, but management loves to have employees contact them regardless so that can become a bit awkward and challenging as a employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the face on kids and parents light up when they step inside.
Pros
fun workplace, fun guests
Cons
very little hours for part time positions
A happy store to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 14, 2012
While being hired as a seasonal employee for the disney store i really enjoyed working here because, everyday many children would come with their parents to shop. I learned that being happy and patience is a key to succeed in any enviroment. Management taught me alot, since this was my first job, he made sure I knew what was going on during the sales and how to succeed in retail enviroment. My coworkers were all very kind and friendly. The hardest part of the job was, maintaining the store looking neat and clean speacilly during the holidays. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with children.
Pros
free lunches

4.3