Disney Store Employee Reviews

Fun work place, great people
Cast Member (Current Employee), Nashville TNJuly 31, 2015
The atmosphere is great, with fun people to work with. It can be fast paced like an retail environment. Disney has high standards that it holds its cast to, so you can be sure of a good work environment.
Very fun job with opportunity to relive childhood
Cast Member (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Disneyworld perk
Cons: Overnight shift requires longer hours
Working overnight included the best of both worlds: the rush of customers and the monotonous amount of restocking. It was great going to a job that had my childhood memories (Disney). Coworkers were super friendly and the staff was accommodating when prompted
The Disney Store is a fun work place. You work with nice cast members and engage with guests of all ages "making their day".
Cast Member (Current Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of laughs & passes to the parks
Cons: Not enough hours of work available
It's all about engaging with guests of all ages-loving being with the people you greet and help, as well as the fun cast and managers you work with. You work hard and play hard and learn new skills along the way. An Awesome place to work.
Fun to work if you are not in charge
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: The guests are wonderful
Cons: Management is a tight net group, insult one you insult them all
No chance to move up, Disney is a great place to work. No one leaves. You get to sing and dance. You not only have the duties of the store, Like resets, windows, recovery, cash out registers, e mail etc.
You also need to volunteer, ( I did like this) Learn the scripts to each event, make sure you know what can be released and when and all in 40 hours each week no overtime allowed and no taking home work (you will get written up for working off the clock.)
Loved it. nothing negative to say about it. except for black fridays's
Replenisher (Former Employee), West Covina, CAJuly 3, 2015
I loved working at the Disney Store. It was a seasonal job. Everyone was treated with respect. The environment was....Magical. Pun intended. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a kids face when we had the item they wanted on the back instead of on display. I miss that job.
Exciting and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ArizonaJuly 1, 2015
Worked greeting customers and as a cashier. Very exciting and fun place to work, great management and coworkers. Had to leave company for a better pay advancement elsewhere
Working at the Disney Store
Lead Cast Member (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved working for the Disney store it was both magical and a good experience. I loved the people we all worked together as a team.
Fast Pace and exciting workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
During the weekend it is usually very busy and fast paced but fun at the same time. Engaging guests of all ages in small store activities and events throughout the day. I learned how to multi task and give the best quality service while still being time efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people from all around the world and having fun with the kids that come in and want to know more about our products.
Productive, enjoyable workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 14, 2015
Cons: unsteady hours
The typical day at work included working at the cash register, assisting guests with their needs and creating an enjoyable environment for those who stopped in. Management made sure to assist employees without hesitance. All co-workers had kind demeanors majority of the time. The hardest part of the Job was working on call, without having a steady work schedule. The Most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on a child's face because one found the toy they were looking for.
Very family oriented and great, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJune 5, 2015
Great place to work. Amazing co workers. Very family oriented. Everyone supports each other. Hardest part of the job is the hours and shifts. Manager is extremely fair with scheduling, but with all retail shifts are hard. Best part of job, having fun and well, it's Disney
Fun And Productive WorkPlace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Commerce,CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: 30% Discount
Cons: None
A typical day consist of being on the floor, Greeting Customers and Running to stock to fetch whatever is needed to restock the floor.
Such a fun and very positive workplace
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee), PRMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free passes to the parks
Cons: No cons, it's really awesome to work there
A typical day working as a Cast Member at Disney Store, is a day full of smiles, laughing and a lot of storytelling. Working at Disney Store taught me that sales can be fun, it's great to create this connection with your guest and being able to supply their needs, and I really love doing that. The managers are awesome, they're our leaders, they guide us and teach us everyday, the same with my co-workers, we help each other and have good communication, we believe in team effort to create a lot of magic. The hardest part of my job I would say that is dealing with angry guests, but we always say that having patience is the key and that there's always something we can do to help that angry guest, and make him happy, it's kind of like a challenge. What I love most about my job is creating magical moments for people of all ages. It feels amazing to be able to make a person smile and laugh and at the same time help them with their needs, I just love it.
Productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2015
It was an easy and relax job, when it was busy you had to be quick to help the customers out at the cashier fast. It was very enjoyable to help out customers find out merchandise that they were interested in like looking for a specific character. Management were really helpful and nice.
A great place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMay 26, 2015
Disney was a great place to work. A friendly team and great guests, it was always a pleasant experience! The reason I stopped working there was due to the unfortunate closing of my location. There aren't many Disney Stores near me any more, so it isn't much of a possibility anymore.
Loved working here
Sales Associate/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 4, 2015
The store I worked at is now closed, but I loved working there. My wages were fair and the hours were flexible. My coworkers were wonderful, friendly people, and everyone had a lot of energy. My favorite part of working for this company was coming in early in the morning and turning on the Disney music and dancing around while we prepared for the day. Evenings were generally the same.
Great learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montebello, CAApril 24, 2015
Disney was a great place to really interact with people. It was different not only communicating with people, but in this job I communicated with children as well. I would say that was the hardstand rewarding part of my job; really learning the communication skills.
I thought it was easy work.
Stock (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: I got to work in the backroom.
Cons: Not enough work.
It was work in a mall store. I worked in the backroom. One day I did my whole weeks work with in four hours. It wasn't a high volume store. I did like my boss and how close the location was to my house.
Fun place to work but don't expect to advance anywhere within
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: lack of hours, very demanding guest
Its a very good place to work but only temporarily. Also expect a lot of guest complaints and having them yell at you for stuff thats out of your control but other than that very positive place to work at. Managers are awesome and willing to help you and work with you as long as you show them you are a hard worker.
Fun and magical work environment.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun, magical, great experience
Cons: need plenty of disney knowledge
Typical day at work included stocking stage, greeting guest and working behind box office. Learned to communicate well with others and handle fast pace environments. Management was great, mature understanding and overall helpful. All co-workers were just as friendly. Hardest part of the job was Disney language, Everything was enjoyable.
Fantastic. Magical. The dream.
Cast Member (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 27, 2015
Working for the Disney Store is every bit as magical as visiting Disney World or watching the Lion King. You get to experience childhood again and make a paycheck. Your fellow employees are the nicest people on Earth and the excitement and fun is endless. Best job ever.