Disney Store Employee Reviews

Productive but fun and energetic workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2016
One of the best places I have ever worked. They treat their cast members with respect and give them lots of great benefits to keep them happy.
Very Fun Place to Be
Cast member/customer service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Its like being a part of a new world, the world of Disney. Theres not only magic for its customers but also for its employees. Everyone seems to get along fine, and we create friendships in the process
Fun!
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 1, 2015
This was a super fun place to work! Good management (at least at my location). A great environment to work in, everyone is having fun while at work. Pay was ok, but nothing great. Customers are either the best or the worst.
Pros
Good enviroment, Discounts
Cons
Customers
Greeted and maintains store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 6, 2015
Greeted customers and stocked shelves and maintenance store. Helped customers find merchandise they wanted to purchase.
Pros
Recieved Disney Tickets
Cons
Seasonal Only
New Store New Team
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2015
The store was previously remodeled and has opened with an entire new team. It is beginning to take shape and find its footing.
Magical As Always
Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 26, 2015
Disney Store is a place where you can receive the magic everyday. It does not cost you but gas to your local mall to be emerged in the stories Walt Disney loved so much. The hardest part of my job is the busiest days of the year. It almost feels like you need a clone to assist everyone at once. Its difficult to stretch yourself so thin but in the end you've made a magical experience that will last. The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to make a child laugh and reenact the stories that they know and love.
Pros
Magic all the time, Making a childs day
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Merchandise Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 13, 2015
This was one of the best experiences for me. Great people, management, employee benefits. Only challenge was that it was 78 miles from my home. After 4 years left and went to Disneyland.
Pros
People and Employee benefits
Cons
Commute
Everyday was new and exciting!
AZ​ Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 29, 2015
At The Disney Store, there was no such thing as "a typical day" because everyday was a new and exciting day. Very much like at Disneyland. I learned so much in my year of working here, such as learning to communicate in a way to keep the Disney magic running. I learned that work does not always have to be so serious and it is okay to have fun as long as the job gets done. I also was able to learn how to get comfortable approaching guests in the store as well as talk to kids of all ages. My fellow cast members were a pleasure to work with! We always played games with each other as well as with our guests and we attended many volunteer events together and saw many new Disney films as a group. The hardest part of the job was probably trying to stay upbeat and bouncy all day! The store is so full of excitement and it takes a lot of energy to keep up with everyone and everything. However, that is what also made it FUN. The best thing about working at The Disney Store was simply seeing all the smiles, hearing all the laughs, that you as a Cast Member, created for the guests. It is the most rewarding thing out of the whole experience.
Pros
Free movie tickets, special events, cast store meetings, holiday cast discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no break room
Very fun & dynamic place to work with Disney magic everywhere
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 25, 2015
I had a blast working as a cast Member at the Disney Store last year in the holiday season. It was a joy to be a part of the Disney experience every day at work, spreading Disney Magic to all the guests that entered the store. Working hard to help each and every guest find just the right gift item or treating themselves to a little bit of Disney magic was a fun challenge daily. Working with an energetic and outgoing staff made the job even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was disappointing the guests when we were out of the item they really wanted or the size of a costume or clothing piece they had their heart set on. I learned how to entertain the guests on a daily basis with my own bit of "Disney lingo" and at times juggle between assisting a guest on the phone and multiple guests in the store, all looking for that one special item. I loved putting a smile on the face of many store guests when I helped them find the perfect items to purchase.
Pros
Living the Disney experience daily
Cons
Cleaning the bathrooms and mopping the entire store after Black Friday weekend
Awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoSeptember 15, 2015
Awesome place to work, with so much benefits. People and managers are always happy and wanting to help others. Is a very strong establish company.
Amazing and fun enviornment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Wesminster, COSeptember 14, 2015
I loved working in the fast paced up beat work place. Every manager and co workers was more than friendly! I enjoyed work everyday even if it was just a seasonal job. The managers would tell us each day what needed to be done how to keep busy and anything else that would be important to our day. the job was amazing getting to be truly happy and being around children. making them smile and fueling their imagination
I loved working for the Walt Disney Company
Assistant Store Manager Hurst & Fort Worth (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2015
Working for the Walt Disney Company was one of the best experiences of my life. I loved exceeding expectations - both internally and externally. I enjoyed training, the people I worked with, the fun and upbeat atmosphere, customer service and merchandising. The most difficult part was the retail hours. I am much more of a morning person who prefers normal 8-5 type hours.
Pros
Fun and energetic
Cons
too many nights, weekends and holidays
Great place with great people
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 7, 2015
I would regularly go in and start by checking to see if we got a truck if not I'd be greeting or on the register. All the employees there are a lot of fun and if you like working with kids this place is great to be at.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  .September 1, 2015
amazing place to work! I would recommend this place to everybody. they are very involved with the community and treat employees right.
Lots of high energy activity and interactions with customers made this a fun and exciting job.
Associate (Cast Member) (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 31, 2015
This company gave many opportunities to int3eract 2with fellow emp0loyeesw and management and was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. This job truly treated employees like familkky members.
Pros
Fun and exciting compoany to work for with many perk incentiuves.
Cons
Company base started making market shifts and closed store work opportunities.
Amazingly fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
The Disney Store is a great job for Disney fans!

Being surrounded by the Disney culture made going to work something to look forward to.
Most retail jobs are a bore. But if you have the energy to keep up with Disney, there's never a dull day and it doesnt feel like work.

It is quite competitive when it comes to moving up in the store but thats usually because theres only a few of each leadership position and several cast members make great candidates.
However, the Disney Store is really good about acknowledging your work/progress and rewards appropriately.

Summer and holidays do get a little crazy but it just keeps things interesting.
Pros
Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
Cons
Shifts can be as short as 4 hrs.
fun exciting magical enviroment and interaction with all ages of persons
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 17, 2015
the music, the fresh new programs and merchandize created the enthusiastic tools to contribute toward the promotion of new heroes, villains which contributed to life lessons. A constant evolving of positivity for enrichment of growth.
Pros
personal growth, uplifting satisfaction with personal performances and influences
Cons
addicting, falling for the hype of the product, leads to too many heroes and collections
Productive on the sales floor and stocking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 16, 2015
Magical work place from answering the phone, to ringing guest at the box office and providing an excellent customer service, a day at the Disney Store can be busy and fast-paced. Decent amount of engaging tasks and projects that encourage personal development.
Productive and fun workplace
Seller (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 5, 2015
The time I was employed at the Disney Store was very enjoyable. It is a very busy high volume work place but there were always enough workers on the floor to help out and I never felt overworked. My co-workers and manager were amazing people who were always professional and genuinely cared about you. They always worked around my school schedule and after only 10 months of working there I was told I was being considered for a leadership position. Unfortunately, at that time I had just found a new full-time job position elsewhere so I had to decline it. I loved my time working at the Disney Store I just wish they compensated better so I could have stayed, but it is also retail so it paid fair for what it was.
Pros
Fun enviorment, great people, good discounts
Cons
low compensation
Workinf for Disney Store
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed working very high energy and joyful attitudes. You must kids and everything they represent. The job is easy nothing crazy if you work cashier keep a smile and be very patient and have a friendly attitude. If you're working stock please pay attention to detail, and make sure everything faces forward and hang and fold clothes in size order.

4.3