Disney Store

Disney Store Employee Reviews

Working at the Disney Store
Lead Cast Member (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 25, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved working for the Disney store it was both magical and a good experience. I loved the people we all worked together as a team.
Fast Pace and exciting workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
During the weekend it is usually very busy and fast paced but fun at the same time. Engaging guests of all ages in small store activities and events throughout the day. I learned how to multi task and give the best quality service while still being time efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people from all around the world and having fun with the kids that come in and want to know more about our products.
Productive, enjoyable workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 14, 2015
Cons: unsteady hours
The typical day at work included working at the cash register, assisting guests with their needs and creating an enjoyable environment for those who stopped in. Management made sure to assist employees without hesitance. All co-workers had kind demeanors majority of the time. The hardest part of the Job was working on call, without having a steady work schedule. The Most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on a child's face because one found the toy they were looking for.
Very family oriented and great, fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJune 5, 2015
Great place to work. Amazing co workers. Very family oriented. Everyone supports each other. Hardest part of the job is the hours and shifts. Manager is extremely fair with scheduling, but with all retail shifts are hard. Best part of job, having fun and well, it's Disney
Fun And Productive WorkPlace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Commerce,CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: 30% Discount
Cons: None
A typical day consist of being on the floor, Greeting Customers and Running to stock to fetch whatever is needed to restock the floor.
Such a fun and very positive workplace
Cast Member/Sales Associate (Current Employee), PRMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free passes to the parks
Cons: No cons, it's really awesome to work there
A typical day working as a Cast Member at Disney Store, is a day full of smiles, laughing and a lot of storytelling. Working at Disney Store taught me that sales can be fun, it's great to create this connection with your guest and being able to supply their needs, and I really love doing that. The managers are awesome, they're our leaders, they guide us and teach us everyday, the same with my co-workers, we help each other and have good communication, we believe in team effort to create a lot of magic. The hardest part of my job I would say that is dealing with angry guests, but we always say that having patience is the key and that there's always something we can do to help that angry guest, and make him happy, it's kind of like a challenge. What I love most about my job is creating magical moments for people of all ages. It feels amazing to be able to make a person smile and laugh and at the same time help them with their needs, I just love it.
Productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2015
It was an easy and relax job, when it was busy you had to be quick to help the customers out at the cashier fast. It was very enjoyable to help out customers find out merchandise that they were interested in like looking for a specific character. Management were really helpful and nice.
A great place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMay 26, 2015
Disney was a great place to work. A friendly team and great guests, it was always a pleasant experience! The reason I stopped working there was due to the unfortunate closing of my location. There aren't many Disney Stores near me any more, so it isn't much of a possibility anymore.
Loved working here
Sales Associate/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 4, 2015
The store I worked at is now closed, but I loved working there. My wages were fair and the hours were flexible. My coworkers were wonderful, friendly people, and everyone had a lot of energy. My favorite part of working for this company was coming in early in the morning and turning on the Disney music and dancing around while we prepared for the day. Evenings were generally the same.
Great learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montebello, CAApril 24, 2015
Disney was a great place to really interact with people. It was different not only communicating with people, but in this job I communicated with children as well. I would say that was the hardstand rewarding part of my job; really learning the communication skills.
I thought it was easy work.
Stock (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: I got to work in the backroom.
Cons: Not enough work.
It was work in a mall store. I worked in the backroom. One day I did my whole weeks work with in four hours. It wasn't a high volume store. I did like my boss and how close the location was to my house.
Fun place to work but don't expect to advance anywhere within
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: lack of hours, very demanding guest
Its a very good place to work but only temporarily. Also expect a lot of guest complaints and having them yell at you for stuff thats out of your control but other than that very positive place to work at. Managers are awesome and willing to help you and work with you as long as you show them you are a hard worker.
Fun and magical work environment.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun, magical, great experience
Cons: need plenty of disney knowledge
Typical day at work included stocking stage, greeting guest and working behind box office. Learned to communicate well with others and handle fast pace environments. Management was great, mature understanding and overall helpful. All co-workers were just as friendly. Hardest part of the job was Disney language, Everything was enjoyable.
Fantastic. Magical. The dream.
Cast Member (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 27, 2015
Working for the Disney Store is every bit as magical as visiting Disney World or watching the Lion King. You get to experience childhood again and make a paycheck. Your fellow employees are the nicest people on Earth and the excitement and fun is endless. Best job ever.
very happy place
Stock Captain (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2015
There was always something new and different coming into the store. Processing freight everyday can be challenging since you do not know how much will come in.
High energy work place
Cast Member (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 13, 2015
Great place to work and with company treats you very well. Cast members are always happy to help any guest that enters the store. My co-workers were always polite and friendly.
A highly productive, yet relaxed work place
QA Tester (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: a relaxed, yet productive work environment. great staff. great co-workers. free lunches
Cons: none that i can think of
Disney Store, inc is a leading source for merchandise based after one of the world's greatest intellectual properties. Being a part of their Quality Assurance department has been a great learning experience and a place to communicate our efforts as well as making new friends.
Fun work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: sometimes no lunch breaks
Stocking the merchandise, interacting with the guest and children. Very fun environment even though it was a workplace. Hardest part of the job was reaching the top shelves with kids running everywhere. I loved the job because I was a very fun and magical place.
Awesome place to work!
Cast Member (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at the Disney store is interacting with children and making the "magic" real. I absolutely love seeing the reactions of kids and adults, I love making everyone happy.
Fun Workplace where you interact with children.
Lead Manager, Cast Member (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, IllinoisFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day at work was to make the child who entered the store their best experience ever. Management was very strict on maintaining company rules which made the store run efficiently.

1 2 3 4 5

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more

Disney Store Salaries