Disney Store

Disney Store Employer Reviews

customer service,retail
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 13, 2014
Cashier experience also helped customers purchase items in the store
Fun working environment/co-workers
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers, management workswith my schedule
Cons: standing 7-8 hours, night time hours
When I enter the Disney Store I can immediately feel the 'busyness' of the place. There's always something to do, to keep the hands busy. The Management team is pretty accessible and pretty easy to get along with. My co-workers are fun and make the hours pass a bit faster (this is my second job 3 out of the 4 days I work there).
The hardest part of – more... my job is the standing the whole time, and my co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: short breaks
get to work with many different people of all ages. i learned how to keeps Children entertained while in a store while parents where shopping. Management was very good if they seen you had any problems they made sure you were taken care of. Hardest part of the was only during seasonal sales and cashiering only because loads of people would be in line – more... wanting to be served. the best of the job was the different people you met and the fact management really cared about their employees. – less
medical records
Seasonal - Cashier (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILApril 19, 2014
Pros: people i worked with became like family and seeing the smile on a child's face
Cons: would have liked more hours
Typical day was cleaning store such as sweeping floor, dusting, and cleaning windows and mirrors; cashier for 4-5 hours a few days a week, help customers with questions, and stock shelves when they got low.
I enjoy working for the Disney Company
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee), Multiple LocationsApril 18, 2014
Working in a Team environment to accomplish goals is the most enjoyable part of my job. Assisting all guests and creating magical moments which will become lasting memories creates great satisfaction. Identifying the needs of our guests and finding solutions to fulfill their needs is very rewarding.
workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), chicago ILApril 12, 2014
Pros: workers and experience
Cons: very busy
It was great to gain experience it was a busy and fun environment to work in.
Love the culture and my cast member crew
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: culture, free cast member goodies, movie reimbusement, sneak peeks to whats new
Cons: health care
I love the culture and the people that I work with. I would say that not all experiences can be the same. When I first began we had a manager that was ALL about the number would stress us out when we didn't hit our numbers. The new manager that came in has been amazing!! he motivates you, cares about your advancement, and acknowledges when you've done – more... a good job. Since I am only part time there isn't a lot of benefits worth getting. – less
Productive and easy going place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2014
I learned to be diversed in what what I did, and took on a lot of different roles. Great learning experience, learned many new things
Best job for very outgoing people.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: amazing guests, fun environment.
Cons: tourist area, no free parking, short shifts.
I loved my job at the Disney Store. Unfortunately I had to leave because I left the country for too long of a period. The management team was great, my co-workers were terrific, the guests were amazing. I loved adding Disney magic to everything I did.
productive
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), memphis tnFebruary 11, 2014
 Conduct meetings with staff on creative marketing strategy
 Conduct and Supervisor over Points of Sales
Superior education of Leadership and Retail Expertise
District Manager (Former Employee), Florida, New York NY, New Jersey, Puerto RicoJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: excpetional partnerships and learning experiences
Cons: company in turmoil through the selling and closing processes
Everyday at the Disney Stores posed new and challenging differences, whether it be in Human Resources, Operational challenges, Loss Prevention tactics, and Creating an exceptional shopping experience for our customers.

I had the privilege of working with some of the most talented and connected professionals in retail, and entertainment industries. – more... Our teams were passionate about the company, the brand, and the roles they played.

The hardest part of any job is human resources and leadership, yet they are the most rewarding part of the job. I've been blessed with having the opportunity to mentor and grow many individuals in their growth, even long after leaving the Disney Stores.

The most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring and helping our internal "guest", the employee to reach greater levels of personal and professional growth. Through those achievements, as a team we were able to achieve outstanding results. I would relish the opportunity to put those experiences to work in an environment that would benefit the community and those that want to achieve more.

Let's sit down and talk. I think you'll find you've found the right candidate for Goodwill. The most important part of seeking my final employment is not about money or position, but rather a place I fit in, and can feel I make a difference at the end of the day.

Gratefully,
Michelle M. Delibert – less
LOVED this job.
Cast Member Lead (Former Employee), Florence, KYJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: disney product, customers, store lingo, employees
Started as a Part time Seasonal employee. Within a month, I was promoted to Lead. The product was fun, and I enjoyed the children and playing with them. The opening and closing of the store was exciting, the reports were challenging at first, but became easier. I created a more improved way of doing them. This job was the best!
funn work place
Cast member (Former Employee), puerto ricoJanuary 21, 2014
everything is perfect
great place for work
everybody is super nice
fantastic
disney lover
i work part time seasonal with the disney store
Cast Member (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: i did get a company discount which helped with purchases
Cons: not a lot of hours
I like working at the Disney store. I work closely with the customers we called guests. The managers were very nice to me and met my needs. Once I got to know my coworkers it was nice to see them when I was working.
Seasonal Sales
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2014
I was just a Seasonal Associate but I truly wouldnt pick to work at a Disney Store if i had the choice.
Fun Place to work!
Seasonal Castmember (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work with awesome coworkers and staff.
Great atmosphere, it's fun engaging with guest.
Preforming events on stage is also great.
N/a
Castmember (Former Employee), Oak Brook IlDecember 18, 2013
I really got my hands into working on new aspects of guest service
Awesome
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Meriden, CTDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: had to be in to work for 6am
I loved working here! This was the best job i had! The managers were great. The job wanst hard at all.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2013
Good company to learn how to do things correctly.
Good work ethic.
Retail Position
Crew Member (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNOctober 21, 2013
Pros: environment was alive, hourly pay
Cons: little hours, 10 min. breaks, to far of travel.
A retail job that was more in demand for the children customers, and required customer servicing to be above-average.

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more

Disney Store Photos