Disney Store

Disney Store Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Lead Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: team members
Cons: breaks are short
This job was fun. Even when we are receiving our delivery we always seemed to enjoy our day. To working the register, nights, weekends or black Friday, Disney Store was a blast.
customer service
Store Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 7, 2013
Disney Stores have a known track record for exceeding expectations. The employees truly love what they do and are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: vacation discounts
Cons: terminating others
Time Management
Loss Prevention
Visual Presentations and Standards
Holding Others Accountable
Sales Goals
challenge
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: breaks
Working for Disney Store i started working in the stock room pretty much i had to make sure that the merchandise that come in are put away, make sure the stock room is clear by getting the boxes out they way have it clean and organize then at the end of the shift take out the garbage. i also worked on sales/cashier, i helped guest by getting them the – more... size of clothing when it wasn't on the store i had to check on the stock room to make sure if they have the size that they asked. Management at the Disney Store was united everyone helped out the crew and we had good communicate. the most enjoyable part about working with the Disney Store was that environment being surrounded by kids and we could play with them and show a good attitude. – less
HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH WHEN IT WANTS TO BE
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Cerritos, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great managment
Cons: tons of part time no full time
THIS PLACE CAN BE AT ITS BEST WHEN THE STORE IS AT ITS BEST BUT WHEN NO BUISSNESS THEY SEEM TO DROP THE MORAL OF THE WORK PLACE.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free disney tickets every season
Working at the Disney Store is great. Coworkers can vary from store to store but the employee's attitude can make a work of difference. If you don't enjoy working with kids, this probably is the place for you. Sometimes the hardest part of the job isn't difficult children, it's difficult adults.
Fun Job
Cast Member (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDSeptember 13, 2013
It had a nice environment, I enjoyed working there until it closed
Working as part of the Disney Cast and helping create magic for all the guests.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Destin, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: being surrounded by disney
Cons: it was only part time
A typical day at work at Disney would be after clocking in backstage, I would go to the main stage up front and greet guests and help them find that disney magic they seek. During peak times, I would operate the register and check guests out with their purchase. At night before going home, I would make sure the stage is fully stocked and ready for the – more... next day. My co-workers at disney are always very pleasant and happy to work with during the day. The hardest part of the job would be leaving the magical place at the end of each day. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting with different guests of all ages and re-creating the disney magic for them. – less
fun atmosphere
Lead Cast Member/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: challenging in a great way
Cons: lots of hours, wild schedules
It was a very fast paced environment, with lots of families and children in the store all the time. Lots of fun, great music, happy merchandise....I learned to carry myself in a positive manner at all times, to be extremely organized and proactive, to take charge of situations. I learned how to select quality employees and to help them become even better. – more... Opportunities for advancement were almost endless, and Disney takes great care of its people. No employee was permitted to mistreat another employee, and everyone was expected and required to shoulder their share of the work load. – less
My best job experience
Stock Clerk/Sales Represntative (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 1, 2013
I had fun working here, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that I always had work to do.
Disney Store (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 29, 2013
Good job, gained experience with shipping and receiving. I looked forward to working every day. Coworkers were very nice.
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free disneyland tickets
Cons: they should offer stock options
I loved working for Disney Store but the next advancement would have required me to travel 80% and at the time of employment there, That was not an option for me.
boring hours working at night
stocker (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: disney discount
Cons: poor hours pay rate
hours weren't great over night hours no one to train proper no organization always move this here then next day move this there. No room to stock boxes every where couldn't walk around anywhere in the warehouse. never able to look for products
Hate this job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 21, 2013
Hate this job. They were very racist toward me the only black female.
Cast Member
Meet Daily sales goals (Former Employee), Harlem Irving PlazaJuly 15, 2013
I would meet daily sales goals while providing excellent guest service, and promote Sales through interpersonal communication with each guest.
very fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2013
I learned from all my managers an appreciate the other cast members. The Disney Store is a happy fun work environment. As my first job I learned how to cashier, make costumers revisit the store, and Disney culture is strong within all the cast members.
A little break from real life
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: awesome part time job, fun, non-stressful, lots of little gifts, fun meetings, volunteer/community events, loving staff
Cons: pay is low, not much room for advancement
In my experience working at the Disney Store, it feels like a family. Everyone, no matter on what level, shares a love for the brand and it brings you together.

A typical day at work consists of greeting all guests, engaging them in storytelling (just talking with them about the characters, movies, or shows they like), and wrapping up at the box office(cash – more... register).
Although it is a sales associate position, it is not pushy. Every store has goals to reach, and it is known that you will have to try and sell items to guests, but it isn't like your typical sales job because people love the products, the authenticity and quality of the products, and the experience that comes along with coming to the Disney Store.

Some days will be better than others, but you know what to expect every day you come in. And you are encouraged to play around a little and be silly, so it's not really like a real job at all.

My co-workers are mostly older adults, although there are some people my age (20's). Also, most have been there for years.

The hardest part will be talking to people and being a little crazy if you are a shy person.
The best part of the job (which you will experience more often than not) is making someone's day when you do use storytelling, or help them get something they'd been looking for but couldn't find.

It definitely is a magical place. – less

July 13, 2013

What do the benefits consist of? I would love nothing more than to work for Disney. My boyfriend works there and we love going whenever we can but as a disney store employee would I have the same benefits as him? The main one I wonder about is can I get into the parks for free so he isn't always signing me in? Thanks :)

Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: free passes to the parks and great benefits
Cons: longs hours and no compassion
Enjoyed giving great guest service and working with my cast.
Upper management was not always not kind. It had become a hard place to work and I had just lost my father.
Fun and entertaining!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaJuly 2, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere!!!
Cons: short breaks, little pay, and little hours!
A typical day was chasing customers down to buy merchandise; any and all items. Sell, sell, sell was your key assignment everyday; to the parents, to the children, to anyone who was near. No rest!!! But it was fun being around Disney theme all day; hearing the music, seeing the toys, it was all very dreamy!!!
horrible place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: every aspect of this job
This is the worst job ive ever had. Staff well management is rude. They made me literally get on my hands and knees and scrub the floors then after two hours sent me home. By far the worst place to work. I have no good experiences there. They gave me little hours and treated me horrible.

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more