Disney Store

Disney Store Employer Reviews

My best job experience
Stock Clerk/Sales Represntative (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 1, 2013
I had fun working here, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the fact that I always had work to do.
Disney Store (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 29, 2013
Good job, gained experience with shipping and receiving. I looked forward to working every day. Coworkers were very nice.
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free disneyland tickets
Cons: they should offer stock options
I loved working for Disney Store but the next advancement would have required me to travel 80% and at the time of employment there, That was not an option for me.
boring hours working at night
stocker (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: disney discount
Cons: poor hours pay rate
hours weren't great over night hours no one to train proper no organization always move this here then next day move this there. No room to stock boxes every where couldn't walk around anywhere in the warehouse. never able to look for products
Hate this job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 21, 2013
Hate this job. They were very racist toward me the only black female.
Cast Member
Meet Daily sales goals (Former Employee), Harlem Irving PlazaJuly 15, 2013
I would meet daily sales goals while providing excellent guest service, and promote Sales through interpersonal communication with each guest.
very fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2013
I learned from all my managers an appreciate the other cast members. The Disney Store is a happy fun work environment. As my first job I learned how to cashier, make costumers revisit the store, and Disney culture is strong within all the cast members.
A little break from real life
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: awesome part time job, fun, non-stressful, lots of little gifts, fun meetings, volunteer/community events, loving staff
Cons: pay is low, not much room for advancement
In my experience working at the Disney Store, it feels like a family. Everyone, no matter on what level, shares a love for the brand and it brings you together.

A typical day at work consists of greeting all guests, engaging them in storytelling (just talking with them about the characters, movies, or shows they like), and wrapping up at the box office(cash – more... register).
Although it is a sales associate position, it is not pushy. Every store has goals to reach, and it is known that you will have to try and sell items to guests, but it isn't like your typical sales job because people love the products, the authenticity and quality of the products, and the experience that comes along with coming to the Disney Store.

Some days will be better than others, but you know what to expect every day you come in. And you are encouraged to play around a little and be silly, so it's not really like a real job at all.

My co-workers are mostly older adults, although there are some people my age (20's). Also, most have been there for years.

The hardest part will be talking to people and being a little crazy if you are a shy person.
The best part of the job (which you will experience more often than not) is making someone's day when you do use storytelling, or help them get something they'd been looking for but couldn't find.

It definitely is a magical place. – less

Ashy – July 13, 2013

What do the benefits consist of? I would love nothing more than to work for Disney. My boyfriend works there and we love going whenever we can but as a disney store employee would I have the same benefits as him? The main one I wonder about is can I get into the parks for free so he isn't always signing me in? Thanks :)

Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: free passes to the parks and great benefits
Cons: longs hours and no compassion
Enjoyed giving great guest service and working with my cast.
Upper management was not always not kind. It had become a hard place to work and I had just lost my father.
Fun and entertaining!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaJuly 2, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere!!!
Cons: short breaks, little pay, and little hours!
A typical day was chasing customers down to buy merchandise; any and all items. Sell, sell, sell was your key assignment everyday; to the parents, to the children, to anyone who was near. No rest!!! But it was fun being around Disney theme all day; hearing the music, seeing the toys, it was all very dreamy!!!
horrible place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: every aspect of this job
This is the worst job ive ever had. Staff well management is rude. They made me literally get on my hands and knees and scrub the floors then after two hours sent me home. By far the worst place to work. I have no good experiences there. They gave me little hours and treated me horrible.
Very fun, outgoing, place of employment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: free yearly disneyland tickets
Guest Service was key
Ensured guests were given the "magical experience"
Conducted tea parties/cowboy roundup parties/etc
Enjoyable to work with others to get job done
Retail Sales and Services (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 13, 2013
Continuous working but fun to interact with others on the team.
Disney Store
Greeter and hostess (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 7, 2013
Come into work and meet and greet customers and answer any questions they may have in the best way possible
Mickey's house
Cast Member (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 31, 2013
Pros: contests contests contest.. rewards abound free disney tickets
Cons: most jobs are partime
You get to be that inner child everyday you work..
A smile is visible as soon as you see your Disney store because you know Disney is where the magic begins. As you walk through the onstage store to the backstage to clock in you notice all the new and wonderful items that may have arrived while you were gone, you have to stop and look at it(so always – more... give yourself extra time before you start your shift).you make it backstage and you are greeted with surprises on most days. maybe some one cooked or left you your favorite character in or on your locker, you check what's new ,get your head set put on, clock in, time hit the stage.. Who knows maybe you are greeting today(just ask your manager), So get you mickey hands ready.. your goal is to give the best 30 minutes to every child that visit The Disney Stores no matter if the are 1day old or 100 years old. meet and greet every guest and always with a smile. and a lot of Disney magic. There is always something to do, change a fixture.. replenish stock and not forgetting to assist our guests from the time they arrive until the time that they leave, and before you know it your day is done..(how time flies when you are having fun)
I learned many hands make the load light.. also team work is a must along with kindness and humility.. never be afraid to ask for help..
The best team of Mangers in all of Disney
The best co-workers in all of Disney
The hardest pat of my job is going home..
The best part of my job is knowing I helped make a child smile no matter their age.. – less
fun work, fast paced. Happy environment
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: late nights, early mornings
if you love anything disney and happy this is the place for you!!
The Greatest Job in the World
Cashier/Sales Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 22, 2013
Pros: free park passes and 50% off park vacations
Cons: i didn't get to meet walt disney
Cashiered, Put stock away and kept the backroom organized. Sales, and greeted guests. I learned high standards for guest service and safety. We had the best team work and made it fun. The hardest part was learning the store was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids having fun and the smile you put on their faces.
Fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Covina, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: cast member discount
Cons: not enough pay
Working at the disney store is harder than it sounds, but it's a very fun, fast-moving job that requires you to think on your toes and have high energy throughout the day.

Adam37 – May 23, 2013

I agree that Disney was a fun place to work on one level...on the shop floor! Lugging boxes off the van at 5.30am...not so fun!!! My only warning to anyone who loves Disney...once you've worked there, it does kinda take the edge of the magic. I worked there for six months during my uni days and never go in there anymore. Just saying!

Provides great experiences for guests of all ages
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2013
I love the Disney environment. It is a wonderful place of employment. I've worked in retail before and I must say that Disney store is amongst the best in overall guest satisfaction. The management team s very supportive. My co workers and I are always finding ways to make the guest feel the same magic that is given in the Disney Parks.
lead
Position: Lead (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAApril 8, 2013
I was allowed to assist customers with product needs and processed their transactions: purchases and returns. Managed the store stock and determined reorder points to increase inventory turns. Grew store sales by creating and maintaining a pleasant environment for customers. Directed cast members by scheduling tasks to ensure a smooth-running store. – more... Provided display and merchandise placement inputs to optimize profitability. You learn a lot being apart of this company. – less

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more