Disney Store

Disney Store Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Covina, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: cast member discount
Cons: not enough pay
Working at the disney store is harder than it sounds, but it's a very fun, fast-moving job that requires you to think on your toes and have high energy throughout the day.

May 23, 2013

I agree that Disney was a fun place to work on one level...on the shop floor! Lugging boxes off the van at 5.30am...not so fun!!! My only warning to anyone who loves Disney...once you've worked there, it does kinda take the edge of the magic. I worked there for six months during my uni days and never go in there anymore. Just saying!

Provides great experiences for guests of all ages
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2013
I love the Disney environment. It is a wonderful place of employment. I've worked in retail before and I must say that Disney store is amongst the best in overall guest satisfaction. The management team s very supportive. My co workers and I are always finding ways to make the guest feel the same magic that is given in the Disney Parks.
lead
Position: Lead (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAApril 8, 2013
I was allowed to assist customers with product needs and processed their transactions: purchases and returns. Managed the store stock and determined reorder points to increase inventory turns. Grew store sales by creating and maintaining a pleasant environment for customers. Directed cast members by scheduling tasks to ensure a smooth-running store. – more... Provided display and merchandise placement inputs to optimize profitability. You learn a lot being apart of this company. – less
Fun fast paced envirement enjoyed working with children
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: seeing how excited the children were when they walked in
Cons: when my availability changed the management teams attitude changed too.
My typical day at work consisted of keeping the store clean and presentable, greet guests and assist them with any questions and concerns they had, manage cash register, and up selling. The management team was extremeley fun, friendly, organized and professional as were my co-workers. The toughest part of the job was christmas season, but i enjoyed – more... evey second i spent as an employee for the disney store. – less
Disney store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 4, 2013
Is no loner at the location where i worked at but it was also a good working experience for my 2nd job
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: the store being in the mall
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be communicating with the kids that come into the store and talking about the new toys that we have received. Ive learned that even when youre haveing a bad day it all goes out the window as soon as you start work, its all about the customers. My co-workers were fun and very friendly. The hardest part about the job was the – more... long hours during Christmas. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with the kids. – less
The most magical place on Earth...
Cast Member-Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hato Rey, PRFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: merchandise, hotel discount, free passes to the parks.
Cons: call in shifts
As a Cast Member (Associate Sales) for the Disney Store, I bring magic to all our guests. I love everything Disney, and I love how is the Company composed. What I don't like are the call in, because most of the time they tell you that it won't be activated.

I love that I have learned a lot from the online trainings, about how a retail business operate, – more... and how important are the details, the guest engagement, among other things.

The WDC offers lots of good benefits, though I'd like to be able to have a retirement plan, and to work for the company in Florida as Human Resources, which was what I studied.

Wonderful co-workers, I get along very well with all of them, which is great!!!

Is a privilege and honor to be working for one of the most prestigious companies in the world, and I'm proud to be a Disney Ambassador.

The most magical place on Earth. – less
Productive and a fun place to work.
Cast Member (Sales Associate) (Current Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 6, 2013
It is a great place to work, especially if you love disney. The management team and entire corporate culture is wonderful.
The best job I ever had.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: health insurance, investments, disney park tickets after 6 months
Cons: it was seasonal and the store closed!
A typical day was very busy and fun; Disney's culture is very forward-focused and as they say, "the show must go on!" when things go wrong. All of the staff knew how to handle things when not everything was right, management was understandable and was willing to work with my school schedule, and working with the guests in the store was the best part – more... of it. I tried my hardest to pay attention to the kids that were inside as they looked at everything they loved Disney. – less
Great company
Cast Member (Former Employee), NJJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: wide range of discount benefits
Cons: very difficult to advance as an internal employee
Hard company to advance in, but fun to work for and any candidate will excel with the expectations.
A Place Filled with Magic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: disney music at work, fun place, lots of laughter, discounts
Cons: short breaks, long hours
The Disney Store, was a place in which I always entered with a smile. The customers, especially children, always brightened my day. Meetings were consistently held, in which employees were acknowledged for a job well done. Management, assisted me with the tools and techniques towards making pre-sales. At a point, I even got an award.
ok
Stocker (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 12, 2013
nothing special. went to work before the mall opened and stocked floor and back of house
Fun place to work
Cast Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: discount on disney stuff
Cons: seasonal
This was a great job. Everyone working was nice and fun to be around. No problems with employees or employers. Wish i could have stayed past the season.
great workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
management was awesome and learned great experience in retail
Outgoing and Exciting Place to be for kids and adults.
Cast Member/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2012
Pros: lunch-ins
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
It is a fast pace job especially during holidays, kids come in and out the store playing and laughing. I used to say its a magical place; the co-workers were always friendly and kind. Our manager was an amazing manager, she try her best to do what she can do to help the guest(customers). The hardest part of the job was nothing because it was a fun and – more... keep you going kind of job. The best part of the job was presenting presentations for the kids like, reading, showing movies, and sing a longs. – less
Very productive and fun to be around children
Cashier, stocking, greeter, customer service (Former Employee), Pineville, NCNovember 11, 2012
Pros: 45 min lunch break
Cons: there wasn't any.
Working at the Disney Store was a very great experience for me, it taught me how differently you have to communicate with children then an adult, Children are more persuasive and can help you make sales by encouraging there parents to buy disney product's.
productive and fast paste
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 8, 2012
I enjoyed the positive environment they offered, extremely friendly. Their source of communication is excellent.
Fun and productive workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good friends
Cons: not enough hours
I loved this job more than any job I had. My co-workers are still friends to this day. I love helping people out. Too bad most of my paycheck went to buying things!
Great job, Bad Hours
Cast Member (Current Employee), Limerick PAOctober 17, 2012
Disney Store is a wonderful job especailly if your a Disney person.The only problem I've come across is that they require you to work Sundays even if you have open availbilty throughout the rest of the week and they blackout any time off through November or December.
Fun and Energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: work time would fly by
Cons: you could only work part time, even management was only part time
Very fun place to work. It was like a big playground for even us who were working there. I came in everyday and first thing I had to get to was cleaning up the store, putting things back in their shelves, refolding and reorganizing shelves and displays. Next thing was restocking empty shelves. Helping customers with their questions and shopping concerns. – more... I would occasionally cashier. I would usually close the store. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every single part of this job except maybe restocking because the stock room was really tiny and it was tough manuevering around such tiny and tight places. – less

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more