Disney Store Employee Reviews

STORE MANAGER
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 6, 2014
I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR OVERSEEING A $1.5 MILLION DOLLAR RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT. MY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED TRAINING A STAFF OF 2 ASSISTANT MANAGERS, A KEY HOLDER AND 20+ PART TIME EMPLOYEES. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS OUR PRIMARY GOAL. MY RESPONSIBILITIES ALSO INCLUDED MAINTAINING INVENTORY SUPPLIES, CORRECTING ERRORS, MAINTAINING PAYROLL, AND KEEPING OUR SALES FLOOR PROPERLY STOCKED.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
the closing of our establishment
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 4, 2014
loved to watch all ages of customers come in to this store. seasonal position.
Fun and family oriented
Overnight Cast Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
The Disney Store is very fun, magical and family oriented. Anyone who comes here is going to fall in love and feel like a child. The cast members ensure that every moment is fun and engaging. I've learned every one has a little child in them, that with a little bit of "magic" can be brought out. I truly get a joy seeing people of every age with a smile on their face, and happy we make them. Management do their best to make sure each and every employ is comfortable in their work environment to ensure that the store is ran professionally and safely.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2014
Fun work environment. Not enough hours. Friendly management and co-workers. Enjoyed interacting with customer, especially the children.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and enriching
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2014
Working at a Disney Store is unlike any other retail store. Your day is filled with the appreciation of making people and children's days more magical. The job consisted of personal sales and interactions with everybody in the store, working the cash register, answering phone calls, preparing, receiving, and processing shipments, and working on store detail. The managers are all nice and some know everything about Disney. It's a rather enjoyable position, but sometimes stressful especially during busier times. But it's Disney, how could you not enjoy it?
Pros
it's disney.
Cons
not much room for moving up.
exciting place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 10, 2014
I loved this store it was so fun entertaining kids with different Disney characters building sales and having fun.
fun working environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 8, 2014
Honestly there is nothing bad to say. Working at the disney store was the best job I ever had!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
great company
cast member (Current Employee) –  Chicago IlOctober 8, 2014
Disney is a great company to work for.When I first started working at the disney store it was suppose to be temporary but I am still there bacuse i like the environment the people and overall its a fun place to work at. I wish the salary was more.
Pros
fun place to work at
Cons
doesnt pay enough
Very fun place to work
Customer service, sales, cashier, stock (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2014
My day consisted of helping customers with their purchases. It improved my skill as a sales-rep and providing great customer service. My co-workers were amazing. It was a very fun and professional environment. Nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part was interacting with children and helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
hour lunch, fun environment and benefits
Cons
n/a
It was fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 18, 2014
Love being around people and helping them make their day.It was very fun.
disney store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYSeptember 9, 2014
songs

movies

memorable characters

made me appreciate people who worked retail
A Magical Experience
Lead/Part Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 8, 2014
I am a fan of Disney and the Disney company, therefore the opportunity to work for them was one I was excited about. I enjoyed my time there as a part time manager and although this was only a second job, I put 100% of myself into it when I was at work. I learned a great deal working for Disney and learned how to communicate with team members and customers in a whole new way to create a magical experience both on stage and backstage that the Disney Company is known for.
Pros
working for an iconic company
Cons
hard to take a break
Fun and fast paced environment, with many memorable experiences.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Each day you get to come to work and anticipate giving a magical opening ceremony, story tell how you will plan the day ahead of you, and make sure every guest is given the Disney experience they deserve. As a manager you must ensure that the balance between metrics and magic is met on a constant basis, despite the fast paced environment and workload. I have learned that there are many different ways of coaching, developing, and achieving results through storytelling and disney lingo, playing games, secret shops, roleplaying, etc. The hardest part of this job is getting all of your team to balance tasking and great guest service, I believe this is ultimately the hardest part to any retail job. Of course, the best part of the job is to see the expressions of joy on guests of all ages when they are given the greatest Disney experience.
AMAZING PLACE TO WORK, GOT TO TRY NEW ITEMS COMING OUT
sales representative (Former Employee) –  550 MEADOWOODSeptember 5, 2014
It was a great place got to know many interesting people, got to see how Disney store work
Closest thing to working at Disneyland
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 26, 2014
First day I was told that to many the Disney Store was like Disneyland to some of the kids that would come through the doors. My job besides making sales and keeping product on the floor was to make sure that everyone who came in had a Disney like magical experience.
Pros
you're working for disney, lenient schedule and fun co-workers.
Cons
it was a seasonal job with little to no availability to stay on full time.
Fun place
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 7, 2014
Register stocking

Managment fun
co works also fun to work with
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
too little time to complete some tasks
happy caring workplace helpful fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 25, 2014
i learned to work in a fast past how to manage time hardest part was not having something in stock a guest wanted but we find something else they likes the most enjoyable helping people find what they need to make there vista great
Pros
good hours
Cons
back room messy
Great Staff, easy flow to get used to.
Cash Team (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Great environment, but even better coworkers, they truly make it worth it.
Pros
staff recognition
GReat Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TxJuly 14, 2014
Dealing with customers helping them find what they need and as well as processing shipment and stocking the shelves and maintaining the sales floor clean. worked with great people felt more like a family than co-workers.
Pros
working with great people, working for a big name company
Cons
n/a
Fun Workplace
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2014
I enjoy working with children, and helping guest make their children happy
Pros
incentives
Cons
part-time

4.3