Disney Store

Disney Store Employer Reviews

Very fun, outgoing, place of employment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: free yearly disneyland tickets
Guest Service was key
Ensured guests were given the "magical experience"
Conducted tea parties/cowboy roundup parties/etc
Enjoyable to work with others to get job done
Retail Sales and Services (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 13, 2013
Continuous working but fun to interact with others on the team.
Disney Store
Greeter and hostess (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 7, 2013
Come into work and meet and greet customers and answer any questions they may have in the best way possible
Mickey's house
Cast Member (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 31, 2013
Pros: contests contests contest.. rewards abound free disney tickets
Cons: most jobs are partime
You get to be that inner child everyday you work..
A smile is visible as soon as you see your Disney store because you know Disney is where the magic begins. As you walk through the onstage store to the backstage to clock in you notice all the new and wonderful items that may have arrived while you were gone, you have to stop and look at it(so always – more... give yourself extra time before you start your shift).you make it backstage and you are greeted with surprises on most days. maybe some one cooked or left you your favorite character in or on your locker, you check what's new ,get your head set put on, clock in, time hit the stage.. Who knows maybe you are greeting today(just ask your manager), So get you mickey hands ready.. your goal is to give the best 30 minutes to every child that visit The Disney Stores no matter if the are 1day old or 100 years old. meet and greet every guest and always with a smile. and a lot of Disney magic. There is always something to do, change a fixture.. replenish stock and not forgetting to assist our guests from the time they arrive until the time that they leave, and before you know it your day is done..(how time flies when you are having fun)
I learned many hands make the load light.. also team work is a must along with kindness and humility.. never be afraid to ask for help..
The best team of Mangers in all of Disney
The best co-workers in all of Disney
The hardest pat of my job is going home..
The best part of my job is knowing I helped make a child smile no matter their age.. – less
fun work, fast paced. Happy environment
Seasonal Cast Member (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: late nights, early mornings
if you love anything disney and happy this is the place for you!!
The Greatest Job in the World
Cashier/Sales Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 22, 2013
Pros: free park passes and 50% off park vacations
Cons: i didn't get to meet walt disney
Cashiered, Put stock away and kept the backroom organized. Sales, and greeted guests. I learned high standards for guest service and safety. We had the best team work and made it fun. The hardest part was learning the store was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids having fun and the smile you put on their faces.
Fun place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Covina, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: cast member discount
Cons: not enough pay
Working at the disney store is harder than it sounds, but it's a very fun, fast-moving job that requires you to think on your toes and have high energy throughout the day.

May 23, 2013

I agree that Disney was a fun place to work on one level...on the shop floor! Lugging boxes off the van at 5.30am...not so fun!!! My only warning to anyone who loves Disney...once you've worked there, it does kinda take the edge of the magic. I worked there for six months during my uni days and never go in there anymore. Just saying!

Provides great experiences for guests of all ages
Cast Member (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2013
I love the Disney environment. It is a wonderful place of employment. I've worked in retail before and I must say that Disney store is amongst the best in overall guest satisfaction. The management team s very supportive. My co workers and I are always finding ways to make the guest feel the same magic that is given in the Disney Parks.
lead
Position: Lead (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAApril 8, 2013
I was allowed to assist customers with product needs and processed their transactions: purchases and returns. Managed the store stock and determined reorder points to increase inventory turns. Grew store sales by creating and maintaining a pleasant environment for customers. Directed cast members by scheduling tasks to ensure a smooth-running store. – more... Provided display and merchandise placement inputs to optimize profitability. You learn a lot being apart of this company. – less
Fun fast paced envirement enjoyed working with children
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: seeing how excited the children were when they walked in
Cons: when my availability changed the management teams attitude changed too.
My typical day at work consisted of keeping the store clean and presentable, greet guests and assist them with any questions and concerns they had, manage cash register, and up selling. The management team was extremeley fun, friendly, organized and professional as were my co-workers. The toughest part of the job was christmas season, but i enjoyed – more... evey second i spent as an employee for the disney store. – less
Disney store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 4, 2013
Is no loner at the location where i worked at but it was also a good working experience for my 2nd job
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: the store being in the mall
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be communicating with the kids that come into the store and talking about the new toys that we have received. Ive learned that even when youre haveing a bad day it all goes out the window as soon as you start work, its all about the customers. My co-workers were fun and very friendly. The hardest part about the job was the – more... long hours during Christmas. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with the kids. – less
The most magical place on Earth...
Cast Member-Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hato Rey, PRFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: merchandise, hotel discount, free passes to the parks.
Cons: call in shifts
As a Cast Member (Associate Sales) for the Disney Store, I bring magic to all our guests. I love everything Disney, and I love how is the Company composed. What I don't like are the call in, because most of the time they tell you that it won't be activated.

I love that I have learned a lot from the online trainings, about how a retail business operate, – more... and how important are the details, the guest engagement, among other things.

The WDC offers lots of good benefits, though I'd like to be able to have a retirement plan, and to work for the company in Florida as Human Resources, which was what I studied.

Wonderful co-workers, I get along very well with all of them, which is great!!!

Is a privilege and honor to be working for one of the most prestigious companies in the world, and I'm proud to be a Disney Ambassador.

The most magical place on Earth. – less
Productive and a fun place to work.
Cast Member (Sales Associate) (Current Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 6, 2013
It is a great place to work, especially if you love disney. The management team and entire corporate culture is wonderful.
The best job I ever had.
Cast Member (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: health insurance, investments, disney park tickets after 6 months
Cons: it was seasonal and the store closed!
A typical day was very busy and fun; Disney's culture is very forward-focused and as they say, "the show must go on!" when things go wrong. All of the staff knew how to handle things when not everything was right, management was understandable and was willing to work with my school schedule, and working with the guests in the store was the best part – more... of it. I tried my hardest to pay attention to the kids that were inside as they looked at everything they loved Disney. – less
Great company
Cast Member (Former Employee), NJJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: wide range of discount benefits
Cons: very difficult to advance as an internal employee
Hard company to advance in, but fun to work for and any candidate will excel with the expectations.
A Place Filled with Magic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: disney music at work, fun place, lots of laughter, discounts
Cons: short breaks, long hours
The Disney Store, was a place in which I always entered with a smile. The customers, especially children, always brightened my day. Meetings were consistently held, in which employees were acknowledged for a job well done. Management, assisted me with the tools and techniques towards making pre-sales. At a point, I even got an award.
ok
Stocker (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 12, 2013
nothing special. went to work before the mall opened and stocked floor and back of house
Fun place to work
Cast Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: discount on disney stuff
Cons: seasonal
This was a great job. Everyone working was nice and fun to be around. No problems with employees or employers. Wish i could have stayed past the season.
great workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
management was awesome and learned great experience in retail

About Disney Store

The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media – Read more