Disney World Employee Reviews

fun work place
Valet (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to be around very fun atmosphere love working around kids and making the families feel like they are at home.
its ok
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 3, 2016
good company to work for. not a place to retire from. easy job co-workers are fun to work with.. good company benefits. free park entry
Great workplace for those that love Disney
Engineering Professional Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Disney overall is a good company. There are a lot of different positions and areas of expertise for you to grow into. You are exposed to many different areas of business and get some great experience. Management and co-workers are pretty friendly on the whole, and there is certainly a lot to do in your off-hours. There is, however, a lot of competition for the few jobs that become available. As such, the pay isn't the greatest, and you can expect to spend several years in a temporary, contract position until you finally get full-time. They have also been cutting benefits and discounts in the past couple years.
Pros
It's Disney! Some free admission benefits, discounts on park experiences
Cons
Pay is mediocre, backstage life is pretty drab when compared to the parks, benefits get cut as park popularity grows
Best place I hated working at!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Disney is amazing and fun, until the rain starts the fall for just five minutes and your soaked, and it's just an hour left of your shift and you realize you spent 11 hours in the sun. The memories I gained and the fun you have with company overshadows the few things you don't enjoy about the company. I'd do it again in a heart beat!!!
Pros
Enviorenment, free park entrance, and housing.
Cons
Roommates, and long hours.
have a magical day
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
since I was working there for an internship I barely got paid anything. I worked long, weird hours and had to wear strange costumes to work everyday while I was working with food. The management was nice enough and it was neat to do when I was 19 years old. I got to live away from home with people I had never met before.
Pros
got into the parks for free
Cons
terrible pay
Family friendly place.
Housekeeping /maid (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2015
At Disney I took out dirty sheets and towels, cleaned the bathroom with cleaning materials, dusted and cleaned the window. Working at Disney I learned how to make animals out of towels such as ducks and chickens. I also learned how to clean a VIP's room. My co-workers at Disney were very nice. If they finished doing their duty, they would help you finish what you had to do. The hardest part of working at Disney was since I was working at a resort, we had to move long distances to clean other rooms. The most enjoyable part of working at Disney was when the supervisor inspected rooms they would give you points that would lead to a bonus.
Pros
Free passes with my family.
Cons
Not enough family time.
Disney College Program
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2015
I interned for Disney and loved it. They provided housing, benefits, transportation, and truly cared about their employees
Pros
Nearly everything
Cons
Pay could be better
Fun
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2015
I loved working at Disney, it was fun and there was something to do very moment. I made some close friends here. The atmosphere is very exciting and there is room for growth
Good Starting Job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2015
Great place to start and opportunity for advancement. Great Training for intended job. Most persons in Management are very attentive in there position.
Pros
Union
fun
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 31, 2015
fun place to work. work with the public and children. work secdules are great with flexable hours for part time service. had a lot of fun working at disney
Fun and fast passed
Production Baker (Former Employee) –  OrlandoOctober 8, 2015
Very friendly people. They were more then willing to help, and they really wanted me to learn and excel. Best people i'v even worked with.
Diverse
Food Service Operations/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Something different everyday. Love my coworkers and the teamwork. Loved serving the guess and seeing the smiles on the children faces.
interesting time
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
every day is different each day you are either doing a party or prep work. if your on a party you need to figure out what type of food they want done and how they want you to do it you clean and cook. but its different.
Pros
great pay
Cons
did not train me at all
Well organized & their standared of performance was excellent.
Coordinator of Training (COT) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
As my role in Disney started early as I was a member of the Magic Kingdom Merchandise Core Trainers. The work was very satisfying teaching the new cast members their role in Disney. My co-workers were a pleasant group of people that I had the opportunity to work with. My managers were always there for you & very understanding. The hardest part of the job for me was the constant high humidity & heat for most of the year. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the joy & happiness of the Disney guests.
Pros
we received many perks along the way as a Thank you from Disney.
Cons
I still have to say the high tempertures & humidty.
jellyrolls
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena VistaJune 6, 2015
i loved working there, loved the staff and managers and owners. they were all so nice .

great experience and i loved working for disney world
changing lives
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  lake buena vista, flMay 22, 2015
a place where you get help people. make people see the world differently.being at disney push you to advance your career.
magical place to work.
DRC, Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2015
It was an upbeat and magical place helping to make guests Disney vacations come to fruition. I enjoyed my time working there.
entertainer
Seasonal Cast Member (Current Employee) –  floridaApril 18, 2015
The company is great. It is fun and well organized. I learned several things, like how to work with people from other countries.
Great to meet people
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlApril 9, 2015
Management is not friendly. The public is great to work with in that type of atmosphere. Not a very friendly company to work with.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Managment
Fun place, employees have fun with the public
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2015
Disney a fun place to work and employees are very interesting.
hours were hard on me because a lot of them were late at night.

Visitors were fun and excited to be there. Happy place
Pros
Disney charactors
Cons
Late hours

4.4