Disney World

Disney World Employee Reviews

a place where dreams come true
OPS Support, Lobby Concierge & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2012
Provide Support to front-line cast members, coordinators, and managers to effectively solve Guest and cast situations while maintaining and monitoring in-bound and out-bound calls. Responsible for selling & blocking resort rooms, including Magical Gatherings and Groups, to maximize room inventory. Monitor room inventory status and partner with housekeeping to achieve 100% clean and ready rooms for Checking in Guests. Partner with other departments, within and outside resorts, to communicate and solve all problems effectively Recover guest challenges, providing solutions by upholding the Disney Service Basics and creating Magical Moments Sell theme park tickets, and book Dining, Recreation, and Tour Reservations for guests, using Walt Disney world Applications Provide guests with information and activities regarding the Walt Disney World Resort and surrounding areas Train new cast members in the front and back office roles, including Front Desk Cashier, Lobby Concierge, and Operations Support. I never had any hard times working for disney we all work together as a team. My cast members are like family i loved them all and i still keep in touch with them. My managers are always there for support and guidence they encourage you to work hard and set your standards and goals high. "Nothing but the best" is what they would always say. I enjoyed ever minute of ever secound of my day i work between 40 to 80 hrs. a week. My career never fealt like i was working i felt like i was on a vacation. Every day i would wake up excited to go back and help make a Guests dreams come true. working  more... for disney has been the greatest exsperiance of my life and i enjoyed every part of it.  less
Pros
excellent advancement and growth within the company
Cons
salary is well below average cost of living is difficult based of company salary
Great workplace for those that love Disney
Engineering Professional Intern (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Disney overall is a good company. There are a lot of different positions and areas of expertise for you to grow into. You are exposed to many different areas of business and get some great experience. Management and co-workers are pretty friendly on the whole, and there is certainly a lot to do in your off-hours. There is, however, a lot of competition for the few jobs that become available. As such, the pay isn't the greatest, and you can expect to spend several years in a temporary, contract position until you finally get full-time. They have also been cutting benefits and discounts in the past couple years.
Pros
It's Disney! Some free admission benefits, discounts on park experiences
Cons
Pay is mediocre, backstage life is pretty drab when compared to the parks, benefits get cut as park popularity grows
Best place ever
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lake buena Vista, floridaSeptember 12, 2014
We always provide the best customer service.
if a guest is unhappy we will try our best to make sure we turn that frown upside down.
Everything in Disney is made of pixie dust.
I love my co-castmembers! we're a great family who work together to efficiently provide magic to the guest!

There's nothing hard about working at Disney. Yes, you stand alot and yes there are alot of rules but its easy to follow!
I never questioned it.

The best part of this job is that we get to provide and be part of the best memory someone can have!
Pros
meet people from all over the world, learn new things, playing at the parks
Cons
standing
Family friendly place.
Housekeeping /maid (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2015
At Disney I took out dirty sheets and towels, cleaned the bathroom with cleaning materials, dusted and cleaned the window. Working at Disney I learned how to make animals out of towels such as ducks and chickens. I also learned how to clean a VIP's room. My co-workers at Disney were very nice. If they finished doing their duty, they would help you finish what you had to do. The hardest part of working at Disney was since I was working at a resort, we had to move long distances to clean other rooms. The most enjoyable part of working at Disney was when the supervisor inspected rooms they would give you points that would lead to a bonus.
Pros
Free passes with my family.
Cons
Not enough family time.
Well organized & their standared of performance was excellent.
Coordinator of Training (COT) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
As my role in Disney started early as I was a member of the Magic Kingdom Merchandise Core Trainers. The work was very satisfying teaching the new cast members their role in Disney. My co-workers were a pleasant group of people that I had the opportunity to work with. My managers were always there for you & very understanding. The hardest part of the job for me was the constant high humidity & heat for most of the year. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the joy & happiness of the Disney guests.
Pros
we received many perks along the way as a Thank you from Disney.
Cons
I still have to say the high tempertures & humidty.
Happiest place on earth. Fun work environment and very rewarding.
Trainer at the Star Tours attraction (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2013
I learned how to treat people in a customer service environment. I learned that making people happy is the number one goal of a business, no matter what you are doing. The management was sporadic, some people I loved, some I did not. Same thing with co-workers but this was because there are so many people working for Disney. Best part of the job is seeing the smile on peoples faces, knowing that you impacted their vacation.
Productive-Entertaining and fun place to work
Facilities Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 16, 2013
Great place to work. Ongoing training opportunities with excellent benefits. A typical day was answering radio calls to repair broken sinks, toilets and light switches in hotel rooms, just to name a few. Co-workers very friendly. Enjoyed spending time in the rooms perfecting them for guest. Was able to bring my family to the park to enjoy the Disney Experience.
Pros
free admission to the park
Cons
had to work sometimes 7 days a week during peak park times.
productive safe fun
Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work would be you clock in you you get a assignment start working .What you learn is something different everyday .Managment is great very helpful and always there when needed.coworkers fun hardworkinng .the hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of each shift beacuse its so fun and fast past.The most enjoyable part of the job is when wee have out daily pre shift meetings.
Pros
good break, safe, healthcare, efficient, flexable fun
Cons
long shifts, pay
Best place I hated working at!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Disney is amazing and fun, until the rain starts the fall for just five minutes and your soaked, and it's just an hour left of your shift and you realize you spent 11 hours in the sun. The memories I gained and the fun you have with company overshadows the few things you don't enjoy about the company. I'd do it again in a heart beat!!!
Pros
Enviorenment, free park entrance, and housing.
Cons
Roommates, and long hours.
Disney
Main Street Operations, Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 12, 2013
I was able to meet people from all over the world. Create magic for guests, and handle guest questions and complaints or problems. I have learned and grew a lot while I was in the internship. I am still friends with everyone that I was able to meet while I was working with them. I took a class on the Guest Experienced where I learned more. Not only did I learn from the class but I received hands on experience.
Pros
everything
Excellent Culture of Services
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLFebruary 25, 2014
Disney is a great place to work but they are not paying to much. We received a good benefits and this is like a compensatory relieve for our charge.

I am living in Sanford right know and is a long commute for me. That's the only reason of why I am looking for a new opportunity.
Pros
free parks entrance tickets for all the family
Cons
low salary rates
The Happiest Place on Earth!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Seasons, EpcotMay 25, 2014
While working for Disney World, you realize it really is the happiest place on earth! Everyone is always 100% positive and always ready and willing to work. The hardest part of the job is that you are on your feet in uncomfortable shoes for long periods of thime, but once you see the smiles on the childrens, and sometimes even the adults, faces that makes all of it worth it!
Pros
enter the parks for free!
Cons
long hours and little pay
HVAC Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2014
I worked in maintenance and custodial. I worked at Disney World for 10 years. I helped guests with their questions and hotel room issues, basic plumbing. Did PM's on equipment, took care of Air conditioners; PTEC units, heat pumps. While working in custodial, I took care of the streets and restrooms. Helped guests with questions. Talked with them, greeted them.
Pros
everyone was friendly and helpful.
Cons
not really any dislikes
Greatest place ever
Cas (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 23, 2013
I love My job there, its the best place to be. Your guranteed to leave with a smile. The awesoem fireworks every night. The happiest parades daily. I love working there. I leanred how to be a lil more open and interact with guest as well as coworkers and managers.
The hardest part about the job is not being able to join with the parade while im working.
My all time part thing about the job is the parades on main street.
not a magical place for employees
outdoor foods (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2013
coordnators get mad if ur new and dont know ur way around the park i mean come on its a big park nobodys gunna learn the tunles in a week only good thing about this job is getting to go to the park for free still didnt get to take my kids job sucked as outdoor foods may go back but to work as something eles
Pros
get in to park for free
Great and fun place to work.
housekeeping runner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2012
I loved working here i met people from all over the world. learned to respect differences . Management was great and helped as much as possible coworkers were both friendly and helpful every thing was about making our guest happy. there was no hard part of this job i loved every moment.I would work 80 plus hour weeks on regular basis.
Pros
great work inviorment
good place to work and a nice company enviorment
Cook 2-intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
I work at Disney World for their food and wine festival. It was a wonderful place to work. Everyday was different we serve more than a 1000 plus people very day. It is a completive environment and their are workers that have been their before the park open.
Pros
free lunches, light atmosphere, benifits
Cons
hard job to grow through the ranks.
have a magical day
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
since I was working there for an internship I barely got paid anything. I worked long, weird hours and had to wear strange costumes to work everyday while I was working with food. The management was nice enough and it was neat to do when I was 19 years old. I got to live away from home with people I had never met before.
Pros
got into the parks for free
Cons
terrible pay
interesting time
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
every day is different each day you are either doing a party or prep work. if your on a party you need to figure out what type of food they want done and how they want you to do it you clean and cook. but its different.
Pros
great pay
Cons
did not train me at all
Productive, fast pace, and fun environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at work is very very busy. I learned how to with all different types of people. Management is great. My co-workers are great also. The hardest part of my job is absolutely nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job is making magical moments for the guest

4.4