Distinctive Personnel Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2015
it used to be very busy and the management love to see you working hard. but if the work slow down the management lay off people
It's a temp agency, enough said.
Order Processor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2015
It's okay, if your looking for a temporary job in which hours vary from week to week and the possibility of you being hired to a company is very slim. It's just enough to get you by until you find that permanent job or career you really want. Plus they only work with one company; although that company is in both Greensboro and High Point.
Productive Workplace
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 7, 2015
Working for this company was very different learning the daily task at the location was challenging. A typical day at this location working at Polo Ralph Lauren placing orders together for the customers to be mailed out within a certain amount of time. While working here I did not enjoy the job the hardest part was the hours and management.
Productive and Always new things to learn
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 14, 2015
While employed with Distinctive, I've had a wonderful experience learning new task. A typical day at work for me was like cleaning my home. Management was always understanding. Co-workers were always helpful when needed. There wasn't a hard part while employed with this company.
They let us take home food every once in a while.
Box Maker (Current Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: we had one free meal a day.
Cons: the work was fast paced all the time.
They were clean and orderly. The company had good benefits and vacation time. The company did a good job of keeping the employees informed of changes.
Productive place to work!
Floater (Former Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day working here was pretty interesting. You never know who you can meet. I learned how to communicate with customers and give great customer service!
fun and very motivating
Order Processing (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great people greatg internship
this job I was able to become a role model to the new generation of children. I was able to show the younger generation how to be team players and become competitive and great leaders. this internship was nothing but positive I enjoyed coming in to work seeing these children and I enjoyed teaching them how to use there creative minds in making up fun a challenging games and different activates.
temp to perm employment agency. extremly helpful!
TEMPORARY OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: co workers as well as employees where hospitable and treated everyone respect and courtesy
Cons: you may find a job that you trully enjoy....temporarily
Distinctive personnel is a very employee oriented company. The recruiters try their best to accommodate your employment history. I have been placed at hospital medical summits and other private companies which has advanced my administrative service skills.
Very few job opportunities with different companies
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), High Point NCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: a good schedule
Cons: no job security
A typical day at work consisted of fast past task that required a lot of movement and lifting. I enjoyed my co-workers at the job location I was sent to. Most of the management was pretty nice.
ALOT OF WORK & MUCH LAY-OFFS!!!!!!!!
TEMP/ PACKING @ RALPH LAUREN POLO (Current Employee), HIGH POINT, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: met some good, honest, & hard working people
Cons: no health insurance, much lay-offs, favortism
I WORKED IN PACKING @ RALPH LAUREN POLO THRU DISTINCT. I INSPECT, SCAN & PACKAGE MERCHANDISE TO BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER BY PROPER INVOICE. NOV. WE WORK 30 DAYS STRAIGHT UNTIL THE MIDDLE OR END OF JAN. & THEN LAID OFF FOR 1 TO 3MTHS. I've BEEN GOING THRU THIS FOR THE PAST 2YRS 1/2. NOW I WANT CHANGE!!!!NO LONGER DO I PLAN TO WORK FOR A TEMP AGENCY AS A TEMP. ASSOCIATE. ONLY AN ASSET FOR THE COMPANY. ALL STAFFING AGENCIES ARE DIFFERENT. I HAVE AN ONSITE SUPV. THAT GOES ABOVE & BEYOND EXPECTATIONS. BUT HE CAN ONLY DO BUT SO MUCH TO HELP HIS EMPLOYEES THE BEST HE CAN DUE TO TH GUIDELINES SET BY DISTINCT. MY HARDEST TIME WAS BEING LAID-OFF FOR 90DAYS & RETURNED TO WORK WITH MY RATE OF PAY LOWERED AFTER BEING WITH THIS AGENCY FOR SO LONG. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB IS MEETING NEW PEOPLE FROM ALL DIFFERENT WALKS OF LIFE THAT WORKS AS TEMPS FOR THIS AGENCY THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO THAT DOES THE BEST THAT THEY CAN TO MAKE AN HONEST LIVING THRU STRAINUOUS CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN TRYING TO PROVIDE FOR THEIR FAMILIES BECAUSE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO OBTAIN A FULL-TIME PERMENT JOB THAT WILL LOOK OUT FOR US. JUST LIKE WE LOOK OUT FOR THEM. MOST MANAGER SHOWS FAVORTISM TOWARD POLO EMPLOYEES & LOOK DOWN ON TEMPS & SOME MALE MANAGERS FOR POLO SHOWS FAVORTISM TOWARDS FEMALE TEMPS THAT THEY FIND ATTRACTIVE & THE RULES AREN'T THE SAME FOR THE MALES. I CAN ONLY SAY FROM EXPERIENCE. BUT I DO HAVE GOOD MANAGERS THAT I'VE KNOWN FOR THE TIME THAT I'VE BEEN THERE THAT ARE TREATING EMPLOYEES FAIRLY. BUT SOME UPPER MANAGENT FOR POLO DON'T LIKE IT. IN OTHER WORDS, THE RULES DON'T APPLY TO EVERYBODY. JOBS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE BASED ON MERITS NOT JUST BY WHO YOU KNOW!!!!!!!
extensive learning experience
Finger Image Operator (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYJune 12, 2014
Pros: convenient location, great benefits and ok pay.
Cons: unprofessional management and staff
i worked with all types of people daily, children as well as adults. I was responsible for assisting and completing clients public assistance cases by obtaining their confidential information and/or documents; Providing information to assist the needs of clients. The overall experience was wonderful unfortunately i can not say the same as far as staff and my managers. They were very unprofessional and not mindful of respecting employees.
supervisor
Empire Consultant Solutions (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: 9-5p
Cons: traveling to different sites daily
Was in charge of 4 Human Resource Administration finger imaging locations in Brooklyn.
Picker (Current Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Working at Polo Ralph Lauren, can be challenging
Management there is great they try and be fair with everyone including us temps
To me the most enjoyable part of the job is that I am on my feet and walking a whole lot, there is always a need for speed(a sense of urgency)
hard job
Picker/Packer-at polo (Former Employee), High Point, NCFebruary 19, 2014
* we stayed busy
* everybody got along
* the hardest part was getting the orders out on time
racist company
Contractor (Former Employee), Greensboro ncDecember 27, 2013
they only want to hire family or white employees.
This company tells a bunch of lies to their clients and the people they hire. They don't place black people on many job assignments.
Above average temporary agency to work for.
Order Processor (Current Employee), High Point, NCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: you do not have to work a certain amount of hours in order to get hired outside of the agency
Cons: you have to keep up with your pay raises.
This is a great temporary agency to work for. I would recommend this agency to work any short-term assignment. They do not hold you to working a certain amount of hours before you can be a direct hire to a company.
I loved it!!
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2013
You have an opportunity to get as many hours as you need and to be a loyal asset to a thriving company. I just wish they would cater to their loyal employees more.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Order Processor and Material Handler (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: favoritism
Overall i have no complaints of my assignment at Ralph Lauren. My work was always explained very well to be a successful order processor and material handler. My co-workers were absolutely wonderful. They were always willing to step aside and lend a helping hand.
temp agency
Finger Imaging Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pretty accurate and generally able to position workers in the productive working positions/
summer Job
Eligibility Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2013
Cashier (Seasonal)
· Used cash register to calculate customers' totals, accept payments, administer change and issue receipts
· Assisted customers by locating items or making recommendations
· Received, opened, unpacked and issued sales floor merchandise
· Stocked shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise
· Cleaned display cases, shelves, and aisles