Microsoft / Virtualization Engineer
National hosting provider Partnered with Microsoft, Citrix, EMC & VMware has an immediate need for senior level Microsoft Systems Engineer with strong VMware Admin & Engineering skills. There will be very little travel outside of Albany and you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team on exciting projects.
There is the opportunity for this to be a Lead role where you will be the go-to Engineer / Admin on the Microsoft Infrastructure and Vmware Virtualization engineering side for integrating company's client's into their Managed Services offering / environment.
What you need for this position:
- Strong VMware ESX/ESXi 5.x expertise is required
- Solid skills in major Microsoft Windows operating systems - Windows 2008/2012 server is required
- Strong experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- MS Exchange 2010 Admin / troubleshooting skills
- Network Infrastructure Services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with EMC Storage Admin / Engineering is a plus
- Experience with Citrix / XenServer required
- Any experience with VDI using XenApp/Xen Desktop is a big plus
- Any experience with Cisco UCS is a big plus
- Any experience with VMWare SRM is a big plus
- Any and all relevant certifications are a plus (VCP, MCSE, EMCIE, Cisco Data Center (UCS) certs, etc.)
What you'll be doing:
- Act as a Lead Engineer / Architect for all relevant tier 3 support issues
- Be the Albany regional SME for VMware Virtualization & Microsoft Systems Engineering within the Managed Services team.
- Architecture / design changes to the network infrastructure
- Configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components
- Integrating new managed services clients
- Designing and deploying Hardware and Software solutions
- Capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning
- Implementation and maintenance of network management software
- Researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
- Support disaster recovery solutions
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
What's in it for you:
- Permanent position from day 1 with excellent compensation, full benefits, paid training and certifications, vacation time and bonus potential
- Excellent team to be a part of where you will be a valued member with influence over technical direction and strategic growth initiatives
-No Travel required
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP; interviews will be conducted immediately.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.