Distribution By Air Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Needs People with Leadership Skills
clerk (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDMarch 30, 2016
Worked part time evenings - had some experience however needed training on systems and processes. No manuals, better be a self starter and able to catch on quickly. Was provided training by someone who was knowledgeable, but not consistent and somehow that was my fault. When I didn't know the "entire" job inside and out within a couple of weeks, they "hired" someone else to supposedly have 2 people in the evenings. Then the other one was hired and wore ear buds listening to music the entire time, socializing with the drivers in the evening, on personal calls - not answering business phones and no one said a word! The so called office manager on the domestic side should not manage anyone - absolutely no leadership or communication skills and not a friendly person at all.

No Team meetings, absolutely nothing. They are not interested in your suggestions or ideas, so don't bother. Not a very friendly environment at all. Talk about each other all the time and what the Intl Team doesn't do right etc.....grow a pair and have a meeting to discuss the issues gentlemen. You might get more respect. Lot of growing up to do in this company. Huge turnover..no one stays, that tells you something. The manager that hired me, was very friendly and very polite however disappointed with his lack of communication after the hire.

And the girl that jammed out all evening and was so wonderful bet she isn't there anymore!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Leadership, Not a team atmosphere, talk about each other
Fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston texasMay 14, 2015
Fast paced, great co-workers. Gathered a lot of information about logistics to carry on with me to future careers. Cut throat kind of place sometimes but very fun in the end
a good place to learn the ropes
Night Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 30, 2013
a typical day requires the person in this position to have a competent knowledge of all aspects of the company both International and domestic. The workload is heavy most of the time and there is little support to assist. The people that work here are diligent, competent and fun.
Good working enviroment
Accounting Clerk, Customer Service/Operations Rep. (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAMay 25, 2012
Once, clocked in I immediately get and sort my paperwork while logging on to my computer. Once logged on I'd check my emails and begin checking status on my overnight shipments and my second day shipments from the previous day. I'd answer the e-mails that required my direct attention. Start making phone calls gathering information for the sales reps and customers who required immediate attention. Once that obligation is fulfilled along with answering phones, giving out status, I am also entering information in the computer as related to my shipments i.e p.o.d's etc. Rates, quotes, dispatching, and troubleshooting. I learned the value of contribution and being appreciated. For the most part we had a great manager who was willing to assist as needed. I had co-workers that I was very fond of and we were a great team.The hardest part of the job was delivering bad news to the Sales agent and customer about their freight. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the freight arrived on time without exceptions and everyone was happy.
Pros
working with knowledgeable staff
Cons
no pay raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Distribution By Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8