Distribution Center Employee Reviews in United States

Safe work environment
J. Crew (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 29, 2016
J Crew Inc. was a great company to work for. They take great measures in ensuring employee safety as well as great work incentives.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, bonuses, incentives, benefits
Cons
Unorganized at times
Unique but mysterious establishment
Baker & Taylor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2014
This position required a flexible schedule and no time for family
The knowledge I gained from this position will be useful in future roles
The management staff could have been better
The company needed a new structure due to favoritism
Overall I enjoyed my position and needed a change for the better
The hardest part was not knowing the correct methods from managers to ensure a successful day
Co-workers were stuck in their ways but some were actually amazing
HR did not represent the employees
There were many roles to be filled which expanded employees skills
The most enjoyable part of this positions was providing the best customer service both internal and external
Pros
diverse community, multi-task enviroment
Cons
lack of communication and proper training, poor benefits package, under paid
Fulfillment clerk
Coach (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2016
• Oversee order fulfillment process for exclusive retail dealers including the final verification prior to shipment
• Train new hires and temporary staff within the value added service and order fulfillment business unit
• Lead OSHA workplace safety initiatives
• Mentor associates to improve production and efficiency metrics
• Assume supervisory duties for the business unit in the absence or the direction of senior leadership
Pros
family events
Cons
healthcare
Productive, reliable hours and paid lunch
Office Supervisor (4 Departments) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Hectic work schedules and mandatory overtime as needed but paid lunch provided. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected
of a big company.
Pros
Free lunch, paid holidays and healthcare
Cons
Short breaks and hectic workplace
Heb distribution
order selector and loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
HEB was a great company to work for. I was at HEB for 5yrs and enjoyed working for them. I came in at a order selector and ended in loaded. Working long 12 hours and more and till work is done.
Very fast past and production based work place
Wal-Mart Logistics Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSOctober 6, 2014
Normally a 14+ hour work day, I have learned time management, prioritizing, networking, policy and procedures in side out. Management is ok but there is some things in place that needs to be re-evaluate because some goals are not feasible. My co-worker's are great and we are work together as a team which is one of the greatest things, but our upper management doesn't always work with us like that. Home/work life balance is sometimes hard, the unrealistic production goals is another negative part of the job. The most enjoyable part is my associate's, I am very much a people person and love the people that works for me. I respect them very much as warehouse jobs are very tough and I work right along side of my associates.
Pros
bonus, stock with the company, job security
Cons
long hours, home/work balance
Excellent paying Distribution center
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 20, 2014
McLane Foodservice Inc. is a fun place to work. Never a dull moment. Always given a full days worth of work (and sometimes OT) to keep the employees constantly busy. Selected items to deliver to YUM! Brands concepts (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, etc...). Loaded delivery trucks, inventory of whse. (cycle counts, check for proper rotation of time sensitive products, etc...).
Pros
excellent pay, benefits, hours
Good place
Walgreens (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 1, 2015
I think this was a great experience to work hard and learn about how to drive forklifts and organize merchandise. This job was a challenge to learn how to organize everything but i got the job done.
team member
Distribution Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 30, 2015
load/unload truck load packages to shipping belts in a timely manner provide safety tools assist others if needed use truck handle clean areas and report to work stations
Great company to work for, no very easy to go up
Walgreens Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jupiter flApril 15, 2014
Walgreens is a great company to work for, the only issue is that if you are not willing to relocate is very difficult to go up in the company.
Overall it is a great workplace
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
hours, short breaks
They preach one thing but do otherwise
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAJanuary 20, 2014
a lot of sneaky and underhanded works in that place. nice to work at but you have to constantly walk on egg shells
Pros
good benefits
Cons
ops manager cocky building manager
Lots of interesting things to see
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 30, 2015
The best part of working at the arena is all the events you get to see. I never paid any attention to hockey before working here and found out its awesome to watch live.
its an ok place to work.
clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2012
Management is not that good in understanding employees. benefits are no good.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2015
Very friendly team where everyone wants to see each other succeed. Requires real dedication and surpassed efforts or that is not a place for you.
Fast pace postive environment.
J. Crew (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 1, 2015
A lot of opportunity to learn and grow in position. Supportive management and co workers. Very fast pace environment. A negative would have to be that hours are based on business sales, but this is expected in distribution.
Easy Job
Chief Supermarket (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 1, 2013
Typical day at work is me coming in and putting the tables together. Organizing and labeling packages until a product is ready for packaging. I would say I learned how to be clean around food, safely use machines, large ovens, learning store numbers and products. Management doesn't know how to treat or talk to employees and not great at training them as for the co-workers, they were fairly nice but also were lazy on the job and made it an everyday thing. Hardest part of the job would be taking every product out the freezer for inventory and the most enjoyable part were calling out the numbers and distributing them as a team.
Pros
working with the same people everyday, same product and work everyday, getting off early and trying products.
Cons
picking up peoples slack, not being trained on everything, hardly getting a break or lunch and managers talking to employees wrongfully.
A company full of opportunities and innovation, very competetive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 9, 2012
First of all the only reason I am pursuing opportunities outside of Walmart is to be nearer my family in Oklahoma City. Walmart has been a fun, exciting adventure for me. My first 20 years were in the distribution centers. I began as hourly and it truely was the most exciting thing I had ever seen. I was like a sponge, learning everything I could. I had opportunities to travel to other parts of the business to help and learn. I transferred twice across the country for new opportunities. My last seven years I have been in the corporate offices facilitating leadership training, both across the home office campus and all across the United States. The opportunity to teach and help others has easily been my greatest enjoyment. I love to see people succeed and accomplish something they didn't think they could do.
Pros
the open corporate structure where i may visit with the ceo of the company or anyone else.
Cons
nothing comes easy, extreme dedication is what makes the company successful.
Not a good place to work
J Crew (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 24, 2012
a typical day was long and frustrating; received minimum feedback from upper management and, when received, it was always negative. What I learned: it didn't matter matter how hard you worked or how committed you were; the only thing that mattered was the bottom line, the almighty dollar; they believe they are "the only game in town"-but, in their game, the business wins and the employees lose; co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was working hard, doing my best and then being told I was a failure; the most enjoyable part was seeing the people that reported to me become successful
Face paced, productive and mysterious facility to work for
Baker & Taylor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2012
A typical day here is endless and energetic. I have learned to always aim high and go beyond the call of duty, to show your strengths verses your weaknesses. The management here could be better than what it is and my co-workers come and go because it is a semi high turn over rate. The hardest part of working here is, dealing with the miscommunication within the facility. The most enjoyable part of this job is the diversity and the challenge.
Pros
wide range of warehouse knowledge to gain
Cons
poor pay rates, healthcare, need better training methods
over all this was a place I would of liked to of retired at.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 24, 2013
I drive about 10 hours a night safely of course. I get the load to its destination in a safe and timely manner. I have learned to manage my time professionally and learned to be very safe driver. The management was mostly fair. My co-workers were very nice and professional. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family for 10 to 12 hours a day. The most enjoyable part was getting to know a lot of real good people.
Pros
home every day
Cons
could of had better communication management at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Distribution Center. Our community is ready to answer.