District Medical Group Employee Reviews

good
pschiatrist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 20, 2017
fast paced, lots of support from staff. Very good location and hours. Flexibility in hours and good support for the clinic staff. I would recommended this company
Innovative and community based environment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Great staff, leadership and a company that continues to grow and has grounded and cohesive relationships in the community. There are great mentors and some career opportunities and advancements.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Limited corporate upward advancement
No thanks.
Accounts receivable rep working all open issues (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
Unrealistic expectations for accounts worked within the chaos of the system and how accounts were distributed. There was virtually no training and no follow up for new employees to ask questions or be supported so that they would be successful. Temps were not treated very well, and favoritism was apparent. Overall poor management.
Wonderful place to work
CRS Pediatric Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2017
I loved this job. The co-workers were professional and fun to work with. The employees mostly work together as a team to help the children. The clients were challenging but I enjoy working with children with special needs and their families. Management was weak since I had 5 different managers in 3 years. All who did not know what a clinical dietitian does or what support they need. I would go back to work there if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Challenging work and great co-workers.
Cons
little support from management
extremely micromanaged
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2017
Things have gone downhill in the past year with management becoming extremely overbearing and micromanagers so much so that you aren't even allowed to ask questions of co-workers without being watched and questioned.
Great company
Business Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2017
I have worked for DMG for the better half of a decade. Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement and I enjoy working with the physicians - the entire organization is very patient-centered!
Do NOT apply for work here, you WILL be sorry!
Former Biller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2016
I put up working for DMG for a number of years. It ruined my health. Training doesn't exist, be expected to know your position from day one,as no one else will show you for fear of you knowing more than they. Management and Supervisors only hire friends & relatives, there is rampant nepotism here. Upper management have their children working here making more $ than some doctors on staff. Management has favorites that will excel. If you happen to be hired without the familial connection you won't last. Having had been discriminated against due to medical issues, I filed charges against DMG and all involved denied it happened when investigated, however, my supervisor mysteriously "left to pursue other interests". There is outright workplace bullying by managers,supervisors and HR. You can make the mistake of working your rear off but you will not be recognized or appreciated, unless you kiss major management booty. Forget about a raise since the Company has been in the red for years, which, for a Not For Profit entity, should be raising eyebrows. Clearly there is an absolutely serious hierarchy problem at DMG, and I am surprised this Company has lasted as long as it has and is still in business. It should not be. Do yourself a favor and do not apply to work here. Its not worth it. There is no option for zero stars.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Nepotism, Racism, DISCRIMINATION...I could go on...
This job sucks!
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2016
I came in to this company thinking they were all nice people and there would be room to grow...boy was I wrong!!! I hated the way they did things around there. Issues were never addressed in a proper manner, and they played favorites over others. The pay sucked! I will never recommend CRS as a good place to work. Everyone there is always complaining anyway about what they're need and are not getting. Apparently there is so much room for improvement and they act like they don't want to see it. Some of the people that came from St Joes were really nice and caring..
Pros
Some of the people were genuinely caring
Cons
Management doesn't care about you as a person
Fun & Exciting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix az CRSAugust 8, 2016
DMG is a great place to work. The leadership team is approachable and is truly concerned with high quality safe patient care and really wants their staff & patients to be satisfied with their interactions - overall I give them 5 stars.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
I can't think of any
Great place to work, great benefits, and management team is strong
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
I have been with DMG for almost 8 years. When I first started, several people came up to me and offered to help me with in any way they could which made me feel so welcome! When it came to benefits, I was SOO impressed that our rates didn't increase for 3 years in a row, which is practically unheard of! I have worked with and for several members of the management team and they are always looking for ways to improve this company and to support the employees in any way they can...I have truly enjoyed the last 8 years, so much that it doesn't even feel like it's been that long!
Pros
great support system; lots of free perks like soda/tea machines
Cons
none that I can think of
DMG-Children's Rehab Services
DMG Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
I have had the pleasure of working for the CRS program for 2 years under the direction of District Medical Group. The CRS Leadership team and the NURSES amaze me every day.

This group is truly passionate and caring when taking care of some of the sickest kids in the State. What a GREAT team!!!
Pros
Excellent staff, great benefits, compassionate physicians and staff
great place to work at
File Room Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for District Medical Group. they had many job advancement opportunities within the company and offered it to all employees.
Productive,helpful,and supportive work enviroment
Medical Billing & Coding Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2015
I started my externship at this company and really learned a lot in a short period of time. The management and staff members were very friendly and helpful as I was learning along the way. I had to log in and created batch packages for self pay and various insurance plans. I had entered patient insurance and payment information into the DX data base. I learned how to thoroughly read patients EOBS and enter correct amount into patient accounts.
Pros
Tons of hands on experince. Very supportive staff members.
Room for much improvement
Coder (Current Employee) –  PhoenixAugust 22, 2015
Overall, dmg and current management need a lot of improving. Lack of training on their behalf, they lack morale and it's frowned upon to socialize with your fellow co workers unless you are supervisors favorites. Coding supervisor has her favorites and the act as her little spies. Its frowned upon if you don't work overtime. Very high turn over in employees.
Pros
Cant say that there are any
Cons
Management, lack of morale to keep employees happy.
great working environment
Certified Professional Coder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,AZMarch 26, 2015
It was a learning company based on the fact that it was for multi specialty coding. Coding consisted of surgery, ob-gyn, radiology, interventional radiology and ED. The one on one learning from experienced coders was invaluable.
Productive, nice break room
Coder (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2015
Training in the beginning was horrible. I am still learning different specialties. Very helpful knowledge and helpful co-workers.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
short breaks
Nice Company
District Medical Group (Current Employee) –  PhoenixApril 29, 2014
This is a nice company for many employees. Many people stay there for a long time.
Be careful what you ask for
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2013
Company is a medical staffing company. They host a number of clinics and doctors practices. This company is all about favoritism and if you are an outsider, they will not give you a chance to be trusted. They claim to be a non-profit company but the phrase I kept hearing is " that is not a moneymaker" I also had a boss who threw tantrums and that included any object like cellphones at his employees. My boss would also write you up for things that you didn't do and would not tell you why and how to correct your actions. Their insurance plan kept denying me coverage AFTER I got the procedures so I was put in a bad financial position. I actually lost more money working for this company and had to resign to devote time to look for a position and to resolve insurance claims. The only good thing I experienced with this company is the CRS clinic staff was originally St. Joes employees and they were genuine people
Pros
easy job
Cons
no trust with employees-horrible benefits-favoritism-horrible pay-no chance for advancement