DISYS Employee Reviews

Company Trying to Find its Way
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 16, 2016
I find the people to be very nice. I was able to pick up some experience and have exposure to an IT staffing firm. I feel that the communication between management and employees needs a lot of work. Instead of hearing of things through the grapevine, notify your employees of what's going on.
Pros
People are nice, garage parking, Subway in the building, and places to eat within walking distance. The Metro is within walking distance
Cons
Lack of communication, little or no direction, don't always have the tools needed to do the job
No Communication
Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2016
The company pays well, however they do not communicate well at all. The only time they visit or see you is if there is feedback regarding improvement, otherwise I would never work for this company again.
It is a nice temp agency
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 23, 2016
Nice temp agency pays well just didn't like my assignment. Reps kept in contact with me. Got me in and settled my assignment fast. I liked what I was doing until they started picking at little things that didn't make since to me.
Pros
Pay was gerat
Cons
Assignment
High turn over
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Very high turn over, commissions were always wrong and CONSTANT changes. My boss was great but his boss, not so much.
Very numbers driven environment which is OK. Consistent changes to policies and procedures, including commission structure.
They have also outsourced almost all of their HR and Payroll as well as commission inquiries.
Challenging place to work but with great salary compensation
Principal Architect (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at DISYS was designing and implement large scale visualization solutions to accommodate fortune 500 companies resource requirements.
Supervisor not avalible when needed
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJMarch 16, 2016
had problems getting paid, I was one of 5 members we could not reach our recruiter to find out information about when payment was going to be made.
good bonus plan and office outings
Sr.Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2015
It was the best job I ever had with the best boss I ever had. They have very competitive comp plans and a good client base. The people I worked with were great. Everyone got along and It was a fun place to work.
Pros
great base salary and comp plan
Cons
change in structure towards the end
Good Job
Team Lead/System Admin (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
They have a exxon project that is really good. However, they don't have much other than that. A laid back company, with decent benefits, with competitive pay.

Management is okay can be a little unprofessional at times, but they mean well.
Job opportunities
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 28, 2016
They were very good locating job opportunities. They were an excellant communication between employee and employer.
Lack of better term "Caveat emptor"
Contractor/Enterprise System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2012
Having worked for Disys for 3 years I can say that the management of the company is lacking. My intial interview with one of the VP's got me a long term job at a great company. I was promised in writing an agreed upon amount of money for leaving the job I was at to take this one so I accepted. I was put off for 3 years on being paid that money with excuses and the ever famous "once we are profitable we can revisit it". If you do decide to work with them DO NOT agree upon monetary compensation unless you have the cash in hand. Honoring written agreements don't go very far with them. I'm sure if I could have afforded a lawyer I could have gotten it. Getting you into a good job is the easy part, honoring your promises to people you hire should be even easier.
Pros
able to get you in front of some descent companies
Cons
lack of ethics in management, very little communiation and high turnover rate for thier recruiters (see first statement)
Excellant place to work. Great communication. Truly care about their employees.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 28, 2015
Disys is a great company to work for, they have a great work/life balance attitude; they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Favortism
ok company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  TampaMay 20, 2014
Ok company - poor management, hired another manager who was fired from him previous company for harrassment; then he was fired from DISYS; work long hours, no extra pay
Pros
office on the water
Cons
poor manager
Great people and very fun job
Team Lead/System Administrator (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 7, 2015
the people i meet at this job have been great very friendly and easy to work with. We have a great boss who has been behind us all the way. I was able to move from tech to a team lead/system admin in a matter of 3 months. The job inquired of on the fly thinking and decision making skill and keep me sharp. It taught me how to adapt and over come changes as this was the first time they had ever done a project like this and we were always making changes to better and improve the process. i ran a team of 12 people 9 techs and 3 systems admins. Was responsible for connecting any where between 300 to 500 computers a weekend and making sure there was a high standard meet. In that time we dropped the call ticket ratio from 2 per. person all the way to .5 tickets per person. We also ran a 98% satisfaction ratio.
Pros
Free lunch, work and life balance
60 hours a week with little to no job security.
National Accounts Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2013
Typical day starts at 6:45am with copious amounts tasks to stay busy. Management provides advice when you need it but also teaches you to perform on your own. Co-workers are great and a great team environment.
Pros
bonus system
Cons
65-70 hours a week. not a very good work life balance.
Good but needed more follow-up and fight for the contractors
Systems/Software QA (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasOctober 2, 2014
The rep found the job, and was great in my representation. After that person left, the representation fell off. Sweating around contract renewals, no reviews, no raises for accomplishments above job requirements
Great People to Work With
Senior Blueprinter/Inventory Room Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2015
Overall, I really enjoyed working with this company. The only thing was the 100% travel ended up not being a good fit for me at this time.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 5, 2013
Made Outgoing Calls
Lots of Hands on Training
Superb Management and Mentor
Great group of people--environment was great
The hardest part was overcoming the fear of making calls
Pros
great benefits-flexibility
Young and energetic environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2012
Gained clear understanding of client’s needs, business culture and strategic objectives.

Handled portfolio of clients in manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, and consumer goods

Led and mentored recruiting team of 7

Assessed clients existing infrastructure and technical environments to define an integrated architecture for mobile readiness and deployment

Promoted and sold SAP consulting capabilities

Responsible for branding and marketing DISYS in a new office

Identify business opportunities and partner with Sales, Business Development, and consulting personnel to sell products and services

Gather requirements, scope, and objective from clients based on business needs

Articulate and position full spectrum of services and solutions to key departmental decision makers

Provide leadership and mentoring to inside Business Development and Recruitment teams to train them to be more proficient in selling and delivering excellent solutions for clients
A fun atmosphere to be in
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2012
I learned how to interact well with others and be a team player.
I managed to maintain a level of professionalism within the team.
I was well liked by my collegues and I liked them as well.
The hardest part of my job was denying a borrower the chance to maintain the current home in which they lived.
The most enjoyable part of my job is approving a loan application and the borrower feels as though they have obtained a well deserved dream home.
Pros
free perks
Cons
micromanagement, job threatened per production, personal habits affecting working relationships
Poor management
Dell PC Lifecycle Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2013
This contract job had to have been the WORST, and poorly planned job I've had.
Cut early with no warning.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
briefing, management, procedures

2.7