Diversey Employee Reviews

Diversey
MACHINE OPERATOR & TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 25, 2016
Diversey was a great company. Totally empowered as the employee. Self-directed teams. No micro management.l Payan d work/life balance was excellent
Pros
The people
Cons
Was a good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Diversey. The company was bought by Sealed Air and relocating to Charlotte, NC. My end date is April 17, 2015. I enjoy researching customer deductions and determining if these deductions are valid. If valid, I would need to enter a credit to apply to the deduction, If not valid, I would charge the customer back with all the documentation to support the chargeback. I would follow-up with the customer until the chargeback is resolved. I would file traffic claims with the truck carriers for any damages/shortages caused by the truckline. I would enter billing corrections for invoices that did not receive the correct pricing. I would send statements out to my customers and answer any questions my customers would have regarding their statement.
Pros
When the company was Johnson/Diversey, great company to work for. Great benefits.
Cons
When the company was bought by Sealed Air, the family atmosphere no longer existed. Didn't care about their employees any longer.
OK place to work.
Regional Account Manager, Hospitality Sector (Current Employee) –  South Eastern PennsylvaniaJuly 20, 2013
The hardest part of the job is that the size of my territory makes it difficult to meet all of the demands of all of my customers. A typical day consists of servicing customers, prospecting and interacting with customers in a 5 state territory.
Pros
independence to create schedule
Cons
salary does not match work load
SEC Reporting, Policies & Procedures, and SOX Personnel
Manager - Financial Reporting (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 22, 2012
Good Benefits
Never got bored
Management maintains work life balance
Pros
work life balance, good benefits
Cons
nothing
Poor Work Environment, Disorganized
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 22, 2012
Diversey is an OK place to work. That said, the company is very disorganized, constantly changing, poor advancement opportunities.
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
poor pay, poor benefits, disorganized
I was proud to work for this company. They were part of an important family owned business in our City.
Rebate Processor (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 18, 2012
Worked hours were from 8 until 5 but I would stay later as needed to meet deadlines. In this position I learned just the basics requirements to do my job. I would have liked to learn in more detail but was never offered that opportunity. This was due to being in my position for a year before learning my department as well as two others were being outsourced to India. Working with management and co-workers became a struggle due to this information. This was the hardest part of the job. Knowing our jobs were ending in a year. The most enjoyable part was working with our distributors and having a close working relationship.
Pros
flexible. work life balance was very important to this company
Cons
two separate buildings made some departments divided which in turn became an issue as a whole.
Challenging, no two days were the same
Regional Portfolio Manager NAM-Fabric Care (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 9, 2013
The past year and a half was my most challenging time at Diversey. There was quite a few changes within the company, example Sealed Air acquisition. There seemed to a lot of shifting within the organization, which created a sense of uncertainty. I was fortune enough within the restructure to be slotted into the Regional Portfolio Manager for Fabric Care, NA. This position proved to be challenging but at the same time, very rewarding.
Pros
Work-Life balance
Innovative company with opportunities for sales growth in diverse culture
Sales Executive/Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 10, 2012
There wasn't a typical day. Not exactly a 9-5 position, each day brought forth a new challenge. I was able to work in a multitude of sectors such as: Education, Government, Healthcare, Institutional and Contractors. The company was a firm beleiver in sustainability and really cared for the environment.
Pros
leader in the market
Cons
changes with ownership/management in recent years brought uncertainity.
No frills. Co-workers were great.
Equipment Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 5, 2013
In the three years I worked at Diversey the factory moved from California to Wisconsin, then Sealed Air bought it. Understandably there were lots of changes going on. My co-workers were great and the management did what they could to keep information flowing during a difficult time.
Great Place to work independantly
Sales /Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 2, 2014
work days were long but productive
Developed strong sales service relationships
management was very versitile and encouraging.
co-workers were self motivated and driven
on call 24/7 for service calls
Pros
car provided and some meals
Cons
on call 24/7
TAM North East Region Lodging and Hospitality
TAM North East Region Lodging and Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 15, 2012
Strategic sales and marketing position, harnessing corporate contract availability to franchisee and sub sector ownership lodging groups throughout New England and New York state areas.
Dailey continued elevation, evaluation and positioning of contract disciplines for Hilton properties, IHG properties, Accor properties and other brand flag lodging units.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good company but at that time was in a state of confusion.
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 16, 2013
The company just went through a sale and was reorganizing. The company had a lot of good talented people and the R&D department was outstanding.
Pros
Good R&D department and products.
Cons
In fighting for management control.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Pipefitter/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 25, 2012
Everyday was filled with new challenges.I was given the opportunity to further my education.Management treated me with respect.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Buenos AiresSeptember 26, 2012
Excellent work environment with a management team of knowledgeable market
Overall good place to work
Business Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRDecember 17, 2013
Small operation in Puerto Rico, where functions are not well segregated. Few employees doing a lot of things and the Caribbean is not an important market to develop.

Interesting because you do a lot of things and learn things from other areas, which makes days more demanding and fun.