Diversicare Health Care

Diversicare Health Care Employer Reviews

Diverse Staff, with caring nature
MDS Assistant, Treatment Nurse Charge Nurse Med (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 7, 2014
Cons: not enough staff.
Loved to work with elderly people, active listening, assisting with rehab potentials. Best part of every day is seeing residents smile when you walk into their room, and them knowing that you are there for them. Alot of my residents complained that i was not there on my days off.
Challenging Company to work for as you could never talk to anyone in charge .
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee), Wauchula, FLMay 1, 2014
Cons: being judge on age and unfairly treated.
Administration was sort of one sided in their decisions and not willing to hear both sides of the story. Co-workers had their click and if you did not fit they made it rough on you. The hardest part of the job was residents expiring, that really broke my heart. Most enjoyable part to me was taking as good of care to every resident as I could and interacting – more... with them and their families. – less
ok place
Maintenance Dirtector (Current Employee), Paris, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: they treat you with respsct
Cons: low ppd's
really fun place to interact with residents and employees co-workers are great
Love the job requirements and coworkers
MDS Nurse (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNOctober 9, 2013
Pros: loved the work that i did
Cons: too many changes in positions, no consistency
This facility has had a rough time lately but recently had a pretty good state survey. We have had a lot of changes in administration so my rating does not reflect the new administration. We got a new DNS and new administrator right during survey but they seem to be adapting very well. Unfortunately, for all of us, the census has dropped so much (as – more... it tends to do in long term care) that corporate has cut positions and hours. It cannot be helped but it is distressing. I think that the current team in place will be able to do a great job and hopefully, hours for employees will increase.

This position really filled my needs as I did not have to work as floor nurse or take call. I concentrated on MDSs, care plans and putting the information in the computer. – less
Diversicare
Regional MDS Coordinator (Former Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 18, 2013
What a wonderful and professional company Diversicare was when I worked for them. Unfortunately, some of the consultants were let go for financial reasons and I happened to be one of them. I thoroughly enjoyed the family atmosphere when I worked for Diversicare.
Fun Work Place
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), TNFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: mileage
Cons: late admissions
Love working there! The ladies that I worked with were great and Best Boss ever. Everyone was always willing to help
MDS traval nurse consulatant
MDS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), ArkansasFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: slow at repaying expences
I do think this was a great company at the lead postition, however I do think the Arkansas home office needed some help in gettting things together. over all it was a great company
Enjoyed working with the elderly
Asst. Admissions Coordinator (temp position) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2012
Enjoyed working closely with the residents I learned a lot about the different insurances. There tends to be a lot of turn over.
Need lots of work in management
Director of Admision (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2012
miss management,Hostel enviroment,
Enjoyed the residents
Flexible staff for PRN scheduling
PRN Therapist (Former Employee), Newport, ARSeptember 19, 2012
Enjoy working for a positive company. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable.
Excellent company, environment
cota (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALJuly 9, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: gym too small
Great working climate flexible, good support, steady patient ratio, good benefits
management is supportive
no lift facility
TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working with the residents and their families.
Cons: no support from bosses.
-Orientation was almost non existent. Staff too over worked to really orientate new staff. When I asked for more orientation, I was told I would receive it, but never did.
-My pay was never correct, except when union got involved.
-Overall negative attitude from staff, they are overworked and fed up.
-Backbiting among staff.
-Some staff and administration – more... would complain about the residents' families who were not happy with the care, and most of the time, the families did have legitimate concerns.
-Witnessed an RN, who had been there for over a year, be brought to tears by the 'bullying' attitude of the ADOC.
-Registered staff were never able to take the breaks they are allowed, if they did, they would never get work done.
-If nurses had to stay late for a reason beyond their control, and put in for overtime, they would never get it, unless they contacted the union rep.
-Most staff want to give the best care, but the time constraints make this impossible.
-One of the WORST PLACES I have ever worked. – less
Management was Excellent
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2013
I loved serving and giving to the seniors, cheering their day...The hardest part about my job was working evenings.
Toxic Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee), OntarioJune 3, 2013
Pros: had fun with seniors
Cons: hostile managemant
not recommended, long hours, no breaks, terrible management
this was not my favorite place to work
Homemaker (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 8, 2012
Pros: working with nice people
Cons: 10 hour shifts
Arrived at 9am served breakfast until sometimes 11am, set tables for lunch. Prepared lunch,served lunch cleaned up, did an activity,prepared supper, set tables, served supper, cleaned up.
I learned to love the residents and we had fun together. The management was very difficult to work with and it was very frustrating. I liked my co-workers for the – more... most part. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for 10 hours per day. The most enjoyable part was being with the residents. – less

About Diversicare Health Care

Diversicare is recognized as a premier provider of post-acute care. We have wide ranging services from short term rehabilitation – Read more

Diversicare Health Care Photos