Diversicare Health Care

Diversicare Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Poor morale
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 23, 2016
Current management is absent. They have no clue how to run a nursing home. They just changed the name of building from Good Sam to Avon Place. Same poor care just different name.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Management is IMPOSSIBLE to work with
Nurse manager (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Very "highschool" if management doesn't like you they make your life miserable. This is probably the worst and most unprofessional job I have ever worked at.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Everything else
unhealthy work environment
lpn nurse (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 12, 2015
Residents and co workers are the best! Your co workers are always ready & willing to help whenever needed but administration leaves a lot to be desired! No consistency and the rules change to fit their needs. They are unprofessional and uncaring of staff. They could care less of your thoughts or concerns unless it boosts them or their egos. They are inexperienced as administration leaders & they love to show just how much power they have over you.
Pros
co workers & the residents
Cons
administration is very unprofessional
Very busy, lots of patients
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 26, 2015
A very good place to work but they do seem to expect a lot for what they pay...they seem to give us more and more to do as time goes on...
Pros
Excellent co-workers...
Cons
Short breaks or none at all
great place to work if u want to break your back!!!
cna (Former Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyOctober 14, 2015
No linens...no supplies to care for residents... No Drawsheets/chux/pads to place near the residents...had very violent resident on a unit
..staff KNEW he was violent yet they kept him there anyways, endangering the rest of us...I didn't last a week.
Pros
location was close to my home
Cons
pay wasn't enough
Diversicare Rocks
RN (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 13, 2015
I started as a floor nurse, worked as RN supervisor, and was recently promoted to Director of Nursing. This company genuinely cares about the residents and staff, in that order. The culture of Diversicare is to improve every life they touch. Healthcare is a crazy world but with the right support center, you can make a difference in the resident's lives. Thank you Diversicare for taking me in and pushing me to excel!
Pros
The culture promoted and support for staff
Benefits
They provided me with alot of education
Regional Reimbursement Coordiantor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2015
was nice place to work and they provided me with lots of education on the responsibilities of being Regional Consultant
Pros
learned alot
Cons
too many homes spread across Texas
Diversicare
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Dover, TNAugust 22, 2015
Excellent standard of care, great company, very small rural community.
Employees with a lot of passion in their hearts
most enjoyable part of the job
Kentucky Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  West Liberty, KYAugust 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was on my first day back all the residents and my coworkers, all telling me they missed me, and was sure glad I was back. Both would state they didn't like when I was off. It really makes me fill like I'm doing a great job and its noticed.
Pros
filling wanted and missed by the residents and coworkers.
Cons
working 3-11 full time only one weekend off every six weeks, not being able to see my kids or hel them with home work at time before bed.
Difficult work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 31, 2015
Staffing issues, very high turnover, too many breaks for smokers, management not approachable and doesn't keep their word, shows favoritism, certain CNAs work their butts off while others don't, love the patients I cared for
Pros
Sweet patients, good CNAs
Cons
Insurance ridiculously bad, management, nurse workload
Well-cared for and positive environment to work in.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chanute, KSJuly 20, 2015
I come into work and get report on anything we need to know that happens with the residents and their mood, then I take care of all the residents needs throughout my shift, and at the end of the shift we give report and chart on the progress of each individual resident throughout the shift. My co-workers were wonderful, caring people that I got very close to and the environment was full of laughter and smiles. The hardest part of the job was when residents passed away after you've gotten so close to them. I loved to take care of the residents and listening to the stories they have to tell. It makes your day when they tell you positive feedback about how you do your job and that they care about you, too.
Pros
Get close to the residents, lots of hours, and flexible scheduling
Cons
A little drama not much, no call/no shows
wonderful coworkers. mgmt stinks!!!!
nurse (Current Employee) –  Avon,OhJune 30, 2015
Could be a wonderful place if the right people ran it. Poor building with a different name. Constantly making promises they can't keep!!!!
Pros
team work
Cons
mgmt
Wonderful place to work
nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ohioJune 24, 2015
It's health care it's going to be challenging. But I feel as though management cares and is positive and I believe we treat our residents like loved ones and give goid quality care.
Cons
tough to get breaks but I have not worked anywhere as a nurse any different
always busy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 16, 2015
Although It's always great helping those in need. The building is always short staffed and the nursing assistants are under appreciated. When the building is short staffed, management doesn't help and at the most, one CNA will approximately be assigned to 30 patients during the 7 and a half hours shift.
Pros
always busy
Cons
short breaks, little pay, over worked
Worst place ever
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tazewell TNJune 16, 2015
The cooperate office does not have a clue to what is going on in their buildings. They usually listen to one or two staff members and that is usually the ones that walk around and do absolutely nothing. They keep the nurses that talk bad to each other and let the ones go that actually care about the patients. There are nurses there that hold the patients medications and make them wait till they get ready to give them. These nurses talk aweful to the patients and they keep them.
Pros
Cons
Staffing is always short
a nice place to work
St Theresa- LPN (Current Employee) –  Mariemont OhioMay 17, 2015
Many nice co-workers. Job not that bad if you have reasonable help. But staffing is a day to day challenge. Management does not listen to employees complaints. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
Very nice place, located on a hill
Cons
staffing issues
I worked there one day. That's all I could take. Don't eat from the kitchen NASTY!!!!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TnApril 10, 2015
Don't work there its not worth it!!! You do 8 hrs work in 5 half hrs. You only get 30 hrs a week@ 8hr Really!!!! You can't feed your family with this job nor pay your bills. Benefits are horrible.
Pros
Non
Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 29, 2015
Upper management in facilities as well as at corporate level need to take serious look at turnover rate of staff. Increase pay of cna and nurses would be a great start don't let your staff feel unappreciated 1% raise is horrible can't keep up with cost of living and outrageous insurance company offers
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay, horrible insurance
Hartford Health Care in Hartford Alabama
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford AlabamaMarch 26, 2015
I have worked at Hartford Healthcare for 13+ years. This facility is like my family. I enjoy working with all the staff we are a small facility with a big heart and home like environment. Hartford Healthcare is a clean facility. Our mission statement is" Improving every life we touch by providing exceptional health care and exceeding expectation". And we make every effort to achieve those goals.
Pros
salary, small facility, professional work evironment, and friendly co workers.
Cons
staffing
worse corporate team ever
RN (Former Employee) –  OakridgeMarch 19, 2015
Great employees, terrible corporate team. They micromanage from another state and never keep facility management for longer than a couple of years even if they are doing a good job. Very cut throat mentality. Senior VP'S don't have a clue how to properly run things and don't care about facility reputation. Great place to work if a different corporation would buy them out!
Pros
great employees and patients
Cons
corporate

2.7