Diversicare is seeking a Director of Nursing DON / D.O.N. with previous Long-Term Care / Skilled Nursing Facility experience who has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
At Diversicare, we live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship daily with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
Mercy-Schroeder is in search of a Director of Nursing Services for the 85-bed Skilled Nursing Facility.
If these are your values and you have previous DON experience, APPLY NOW !
1302 Millville Avenue
Hamilton, OH 45013
You may call the Executive Director, Marcie Calvert @ 513-867-4101 to discuss this great opportnity!
Manages the Department of Nursing in accordance with policy and procedure, state and federal regulations to promote high quality care and service to the facility and community.
1. Current R.N. License by State Board of Nursing required with demonstrated managerial and administrative ability.
2. Experience in the long-term care / skilled nursing facility as Director or Assistant Director of nursing is MANDATORY. Please do not apply unless you have this experience.
3. Must have at least two years supervisory experience. Long term care supervisory experience strongly preferred.
4. Skills in organizing and planning programs and assigning personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
5. Ability to evaluate reports, programs, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
1. Assumes responsibility of facility in absence of Administrator.
2. Implements policies/procedures with follow-up and supervision of staff to ensure compliance; works closely with Medical Director, Health Department, C.D.C., etc. to ensure current standard practices are in place; recommends to regional office changes in policies/ procedures as needed.
3. Assists in preparing budget for the department; administers approved budget.
4. Recruits, selects, coaches, disciplines and terminates employees of the Nursing Department; ensures Nursing Department employees are scheduled; develops efficient work functions; conducts performance evaluations timely for nursing professionals.
5. Directs and delegates management of professional and ancillary nursing personnel.
6. Coordinates activities of various nursing units/wings promoting and maintaining harmonious relationships among nursing personnel and with medical staff, residents, facility staff and the public; screens clients prior to admission to ensure facility can provide services.
7. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services rendered to improve quality of resident care and plan better utilization of staff time and activities.
8. Ensures positive outcomes are accomplished for residents; responsible to develop systems and work schedules that respect resident’s lifestyle and ensure the resident reaches the highest attainable level of functioning; makes rounds at least daily; follows up daily on each shift to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded.
9. Ensures a Continuous Quality Improvement Program is in place and that appropriate follow-up occurs.
10. Ensures new employees are effectively oriented; ensures an ongoing educational program is in place.
11. Develops goals and objectives for the department; motivates and manages employees to accomplish same.
12. Ensures medical record documentation and that the care planning process is interdisciplinary, consistent, timely and reflective of resident needs and in compliance with regulations at all times; serves as Chairperson of Care Planning Committee.
13. Ensures medical services are provided as required by regulation and that the physician component of the medical record is complete.
14. Determines and regularly monitors Medicare and level of care status to maximize revenue generation; monitors Medicare utilization closely to ensure program guidelines are followed; prepares all medical record documentation necessary to submit with Medicare billing.
15. Ensures safe working practices are developed and adhered to, and that employees are knowledgeable in the use of equipment.
16. Deals with families and residents when issues arise; handles complaints and provides education regarding care, as needed.
17. Ensures appropriate authority for care is documented, i.e., Living Will, Health Care Surrogate, etc.; maintains close communication with residents and families, facility staff and health care professionals.
18. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
19. Maintains effective communication with residents and families, facility staff and health care professionals.
20. Reviews all care related consultant reports and ensure follow-up on recommendations.
21. May be required to drive for company business with company or personal vehicle.
DON, D.O.N., R.N., SNF, NADONA