Make a Difference in our Residents' Lives!
We are seeking a Director of Nursing in Long-Term Care who loves the elderly and wants to ensure they are being cared for with compassion and integrity!
We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW!
The Director of Nursing manages the Department of Nursing in the skilled nursing setting in accordance with policy and procedure, state and federal regulations to promote the highest quality care and service to the facility and community.
1. Current RN License by State Board of Nursing required with demonstrated management and administrative ability.
2. Prefer experience in the long-term care profession or working with geriatric population.
3. Must have at least two years of management or supervisory experience.
4. Skills in organizing and planning programs and assigning personnel to provide nursing service for patients and residents.
5. Ability to evaluate reports, programs, and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
1. Assumes responsibility of facility in absence of Administrator.
2. Implements policies/procedures with follow-up and supervision of staff to ensure compliance; works closely with Medical Director, Health Department, C.D.C., etc. to ensure current standard practices are in place; recommends to regional office changes in policies/ procedures as needed.
3. Assists in preparing budget for the department; administers approved budget.
4. Recruits, selects, coaches, disciplines and terminates employees of the Nursing Department; ensures Nursing Department employees are scheduled; develops efficient work functions; conducts performance evaluations timely for nursing professionals.
5. Directs and delegates management of professional and ancillary nursing personnel.
6. Coordinates activities of various nursing units/wings promoting and maintaining harmonious relationships among nursing personnel and with medical staff, residents, facility staff and the public; screens clients prior to admission to ensure facility can provide services.
7. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services rendered to improve quality of resident care and plan better utilization of staff time and activities.
8. Ensures positive outcomes are accomplished for residents; responsible to develop systems and work schedules that respect resident’s lifestyle and ensure the resident reaches the highest attainable level of functioning; makes rounds at least daily; follows up daily on each shift to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded.
9. Ensures a Continuous Quality Improvement Program is in place and that appropriate follow up occurs.
10. Ensures new employees are effectively oriented; ensures an ongoing educational program is in place.
11. Develops goals and objectives for the department; motivates and manages employees to accomplish same.
12. Ensures medical record documentation and that the care planning process is interdisciplinary, consistent, timely and reflective of resident needs and in compliance with regulations at all times; serves as Chairperson of Care Planning Committee.
13. Ensures medical services are provided as required by regulation and that the physician component of the medical record is complete.
14. Determines and regularly monitors Medicare and level of care status to maximize revenue generation; monitors Medicare utilization closely to ensure program guidelines are followed; prepares all medical record documentation necessary to submit with Medicare billing.
15. Ensures safe working practices are developed and adhered to, and that employees are knowledgeable in the use of equipment.
16. Deals with families and residents when issues arise; handles complaints and provides education regarding care, as needed.
17. Ensures appropriate authority for care is documented, i.e., Living Will, Health Care Surrogate, etc.; maintains close communication with residents and families, facility staff and health care professionals.
18. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
19. Maintains effective communication with residents and families, facility staff and health care professionals.
20. Reviews all care related consultant reports and ensure follow-up on recommendations.
21. May be required to drive for company business with company or personal vehicle.