L.V.N. or L.P.N. - Long Term Care
Join the Diversicare Team at Chisolm Trail!
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse with a love for the elderly to work with patients.
Come see what sets us apart from our competition! Great surveys are the norm in this center with a great reputation in the community!
Please come by or APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
107 N. Medina
Lockhart, TX 78644
1. Has a current license LVN or LPN in good standing by the State Board of Nursing
2. Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
3. Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily basis.
4. Able to work intimately with residents, physicians, and staff.
5. Capable of working to prescribed nursing standards.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to perform a service.
1. Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
2. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
4. Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
5. Observes resident’s reactions to medications and treatments.
6. Observes, records, and reports changes in residents’ condition to supervisor and attending physician.
7. Maintains resident’s medical record by way of documentation as required by policy.
8. Provides education to residents and families regarding care.
9. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing C.N.T.’s; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
10. Implements and maintains policies and procedures.
11. Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
12. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
13. Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and e
nsures follow-up occurs.
14. Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge Nurse regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
15. Completes performance evaluations timely for C.N.T.’s
16. Coaches and disciplines C.N.T.’s as needed - ensures personnel policies are followed.
17. Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to D.O.N.
18. Responsible for capturing charges for all supplies issued to residents on that unit.
19. Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing component is implemented.
20. Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
21. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
22. Maintains effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
Work is of medium demand: lifting of 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.