The Nursing Home Administrator is responsible for ensuring delivery of the highest quality of care to our patients and residents. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Operations and in collaboration with senior, support center, and regional leaders, the Administrator will lead the strategic initiatives for patient and resident services, lead community outreach and develop key industry relationships, initiate & implement innovative facility-wide planning to attain 5 Star rating status, and lead resource management for all aspects of services.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, with a license to practice Health Care Administration.
2. Experience in long term care preferred.
3. Good communication skills, numerical ability and clerical ability are necessary.
4. Must have good organizational, planning and controlling skills and the ability to relate to people; must be flexible.
5. Must have strong stable administrator employment history in long term care.
1. Organizes the functions of the facility through appropriate departmentalization and delegation.
2. Implements the control and effective utilization of the physical and financial resources of the facility.
3. Development and implementation of policies/procedures to ensure a safe, efficient, high quality service is provided; liaison with Regional Office, to ensure accurate reporting takes place and company standards are met.
4. Reviews and acts upon the reports of authorized inspecting agencies.
5. Employs a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls.
6. Provides an effective public relations program.
7. Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in health care, administrative and management areas.
8. Recruits, selects and retains department managers; educates and develops those managers so goals of each department are accomplished.
9. Cheerleads and empowers employees to perform at their highest level; uses participative style of management allowing employees to share in policy development.
10. Ensures a work environment that encourages safety, longevity, growth and personal satisfaction for all staff.
11. Ensures a Continuous Quality Improvement Program is in place and appropriate follow-up occurs.
12. Conducts performance appraisals for all department managers and ensures goals are developed, documented and reviewed for the facility and each department.
13. Develops mission statements, philosophies, goals and objectives for the facility; manages Key Staff to accomplish it.
14. Ensures effective communication among supervisors, residents, families and health care professionals.
15. May be required to drive for company business with either company vehicle personal vehicle.