Diversicare Therapy Services Employee Reviews

Terrible unethical company!
Therapy (Former Employee) –  MidwestJuly 18, 2017
This company holds absolutely no value for any of their employees! Their motto is, your replaceable and it benefits them more to find any reason they can to get rid of you even if it involves lying. Management is a complete joke of unqualified individuals who have nothing better to do but to be nice and act like they are your friend to your face and then they turn around and talk about you behind your back. If business isn't going as well as they think it should there is a problem and if it suits them to get rid of you they will ruin your reputation to do it. Stay away!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unethical, backstabbing people who look out for only themselves, and fraudulent!
I tried to like this company
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  MSJuly 8, 2017
Micromanaged to the point of lunacy. DOR cannot possibly handle investigating every little thing corporate wants investigated. Told different things by different levels of management. HR is more concerned about uniforms being Cherokee brand and the cabinets being organized than the quality of treatment being provided. The therapy company does not defend or take care of their employees. They will always side with the patient or facility.
Pros
Reasonable productivity expectations
Cons
Untrustworthy management from top to bottom
Very poor work/life balance
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 17, 2017
Expectations were to work 60 hrs per week+. Management did not care. Horrible HR and benefits. Horrible clinical support. If you're in management with this company, TRUST NO ONE.
New company in our area
PTA (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 1, 2017
it is a new company in Area. I have been very pleased so far. Diversicare is all about patient care and what is best for them. It is a flexible company allowing time for family
Un-organized! Poor upper management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2017
Frustrating company .. poor patient care ..short staffing and un realistic expectations ..focus is on money no guidance on insurance changes horrible HR and unprofessional upper management
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay is not competitive and horrible benefits
Not therapy driven.
Former therapy employer. (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 18, 2016
Poor orientation. Incompetent DOR. Company not therapy focused. Archaic practices. Haven't seen any management during transition. Numbers driven therapy provider.
Pros
Compensation is good if you can maintain a caseload to get your hours.
Cons
Not therapy driven.
I've been with the company for 9 years
COTA- Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 16, 2016
I have been with Diversicare for over 9 years. I have worked in multiple buildings and I've served as a treating therapist and now as the Director Of Rehab. My staff consists of the following years with Diversicare- 13 years, 8 years, 6 years, 5 years and two therapists at 1 year. Diversicare is a company, who I feel, truly care about the patients we serve and want what is best for them. I would recommend Diversicare as a great company to work for.
Benefits
Stay away!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TNFebruary 18, 2016
Poor therapy management, particularly upper management. They have no clue on how to manage problems with staff. HR is lacking on many areas. Extremely poor orientation.
Ridiculous medical insurance! Costs of required uniforms is crazy. Stay away!
Pros
Some individual locations are good.
Cons
There are too many!
poor management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  txJanuary 20, 2015
This company has the worst employee support system and will get rid of you if they don't need you. They are all about money not patient care.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
high productivity, poor employee care, no employee recognition for job well done
Good place until they do not need you
Therapy Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 10, 2014
I was very happy and productive in my position but was let go due to restructuring.
Pros
starting out ..... great managerial support
Cons
No loyalty from the company

Want to know more about Diversicare Therapy Services?

Ask a question
Good Stable Company
Full Time COTA/L (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KYJuly 29, 2013
Really enjoyed working for Diversicare. It is a very stable company and very difficult to find available employment with Diversicare close to home. Usually, if you get hired, you don't want to leave.
I worked for a Diversicare building that was 1 hour and 30-45 minutes from home and I just got tired of driving.
Poor patient care
Therapist (Former Employee) –  ALApril 13, 2013
This company is horrendous! They will sucker you in with a great salary and then kill you with paperwork. They are nit-picky with documentation terminology (probably due to several patient lawsuits and state audits). Management did not respect clinicians clinical judgement. Big numbers game. Forget treating a patient based on condition. Patients kept on caseload basically until their insurance ran out, not when deemed by therapists to be ready for discharge. Treatments were administered based on insurance! God forbid if you have medicaid. Only screened patients when they tried to build a caseload instead of quarterly. Lots of "fake and bake" treatments. No pay raises, employees were told that for our bonuses we should just be grateful to still have a job. DO NOT TRUST THEM. THEY WILL THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS!!!! – less
Pros
competitive pay rate
Cons
awful medical benefits, poor staff morale, double standards with regards to ethics and regulations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diversicare Therapy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2