Diversified Maintenance Employer Reviews

Underpaid for the amount of work performed
contract custodian (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 25, 2014
Clean restrooms, sweep and mop floors, clean mirrors in shoe department and fitting room area, vacuum shoe department and fitting room area, remove mats from kitchen area, sweep and mop kitchen area, empty 12 trash cans, sweep and mop customer eating area, vacuum front carpet and clean pharmacy restroom.
Stressfull and time consuming
Account Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, ScJune 19, 2014
You are consistently on call and on the road. You are called in to work at different times of the day and/or night.
Enjoyable
Custodian (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2014
This was a good job. I did not disliked anything about the company.
good place to work
Custodian (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoMay 28, 2014
Pros: hours were great
Owner of company made it a very nice place to work. It was awesome to see him jump in & help any time it was needed. He would work right along with us, he was not just the owner, he was an employee too.
Not a very good employer
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMarch 27, 2014
Company's demands are literally a joke compared to the treatment that management show's their employees.
fun and fast paced
Janitor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 26, 2014
Get up at 3am and and start my day on the job at 4am, Cleaning majority of the store before they opened for the day. Co-workers were fun to work with as a team. There was no hard parts.
Pretty cool for the places you work like Kohl's, Home Depot, and Sears
Custodian (Former Employee), Rochester, NHFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: steady work enviroment
Cons: drama work
The day begins when you enter which ever store you will be working in. Keeping it clean. Like floors, rug, offices, break rooms, an stock room.
plus the bathrooms, and the out side front entry ways.
productive fun place to woek
Janitor (Former Employee), Grandview, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Very busy environment. Not much chance for advancement. If working alone is for you, then this job is for you. Very quiet environment. Staff is very friendly.
Quiet workplace
Custodian (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: easy, fun
Cons: too early
I come in clean, take a break and finish the job

Ive learned how to properly clean restrooms, break rooms etc.

Management is pretty lenient, make our job a lot easier

My co-workers are pretty quiet, but they complain quite often

Hardest part of the job is waking up so early

Most enjoyable part of the job is that I do what I want once I'm done with – more... all my work. – less
enjoyable but alot of untrained workers
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bay City, MIDecember 29, 2013
Pros: paid break, work freely. pick what to do first as long as every job gets done
Cons: bosses were not team players and were corrupt, 7 days a week with hours varying from 35 to 45 a week
4-6 hour days usually, winter months brought more cleaning, especially with stained carpets from the salt. I have learned how to buff floors and run a floor scrubbing machine. was kinda a company that you had to know someone to get in. have to say the hardest part is having to get so many things done before the store opened and you couldnt come in early – more... because the store didnt open early. bad communication on the higher authority. had 2 different bosses and both taught differently and both were opposite of how to do things. i enjoyed working with a few people compared to an amount of 100. liked being the supervisor and calling the shots as i am good at predicting when and where things would best work. have good judgement. the co-workers were not really well picked but just knew someone who knew someone – less
Janitor/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2013
They are very unprofessional and disrespectful, because i worked only three hours a day, and the pay was ok but barely could pay my bills, also my supervisor expose my business to many employees.
Fast-pace, day-to-day work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2013
Pros: short work day
Cons: gossip and foolishness
The work was fairly mindless, and simple. I felt under challenged. I put in my two weeks when they cut everyone's hours after only getting 30 hours a week in the first place.
Janitor (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed doing my job didn't mine coming in as scheduled the people I worked around was well mannered and respectful
Decent Job, Management is Borderline Illegal
Janitorial Staff (Current Employee), MsssachusettsOctober 2, 2013
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: poor management, low pay, no advancement, no benefits
The people within the company itself are usually hard-working and just doing their jobs. However, when it comes to management, no one is accountable or contactable. I recently was released from an account because the manager of the warehouse was sending emails to corporate demanding I be let go for no documented reason. Apparently, this happened with – more... the last four cleaners in the account, with each one receiving a longer list of duties without any extra pay. My Area Manager informed me that while he knows I am doing my job, and my co-workers do as well, there is nothing they can do because the account "makes them a lot of money", and his job was threatened.. They will threaten to fire you, the area manager, or anyone else they have to to keep their client happy, no matter what the issue is.

Aside from the personal experience, generally the corporate-level management is incompetent. I recently worked with a co-worker who has been in his position for three years without a raise. There is no opportunity for advancement or pay raises. There are no benefits, including vacation, sick pay, health insurance, or anything else. You will have to be very lucky to ever make over $9.50 per hour. – less
good company to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee), FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good salary over 50, 000
Cons: 7 days weekly work non stop
good company to work for ,but back breaking work 24/7
I would work for diversified again
A very Difficult job for women
Cleaner (Current Employee), Harriman, NYAugust 4, 2013
Pros: walk and eat
my typical day of work is to wake up at 5 am.
get to work by 6 am on the clock.
Punch in. and start to routine with cleaning the restrooms, and lounge. I run a floor buffer by 7:30 am.
Management is not very polite, and very in-professional.
I have no co-workers to help me. i clean the building by myself.
the floor buffer because it is a huge machine – more... to haul around and refill.
the people/customers are the most enjoyable.
I punch out around 11:30 am and Sundays are 7am- 12:30pm – less
Commercial Cleaning Professional (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJuly 10, 2013
Nice place to work, with friendly employees. Hardest part of the job was waking up for the 5am shift, but you get use to it.
Productive and convient work setting
Custodian (Current Employee), Southfield, MIApril 21, 2013
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day consist of being at work very early in the morning. I am working non stop from the moment I walk in until I leave. I have learned that not everyone cleans and cares about their environment. I love my co-workers. We are like team mates. The hardest part of this job is that after cleaning, sometimes you have people who undo your work with – more... messiness. But not to worry, I am here to do a job until its time to depart. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people that are going to experience the same things as you. – less
Bad working environment
Area manager (Former Employee), New YorkApril 19, 2013
Cons: travel, lack of personal time
As an area manager you do not have the culture or values to develop your cleaners; your spread very thin to be productive for your cleaners and clients. The work load is about 15 bours a day with at least a 6 day work week. When a custodian calls out and you are unable to find coverage guess whos cleaning.....The majority of managers- clients that I've – more... spoken to are not happy with service. It's a wing it kind of job. – less
cleaning mostly
Maintenance/Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 6, 2013
its a job for any one who is really looking but the manager is not a straight forward guy