Diversified Maintenance Employee Reviews

very good and flexable
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 1, 2016
The day consisted of getting the stores ready for the next day and it being at satisfactory for the customers. I learned a lot about floors and how I would prefer they be. I loved the people I worked with and who I worked for. The hardest part of my job was bathrooms. Sometimes people can be uncleanly. One of my most enjoyable moments had to be the compliments I got on the floors I cleaned.
Pros
The schedule/no one was in the store
Cons
My team members, hard to find someone reliable
Not a good company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 17, 2016
They are not very organized when it comes to the buisness no communication also broken promises of raises when they are due also have to keep track of your own hours cuz they do short you i will NEVER WORK OR RECOMMENDED ANYONE to work for this poor company they really dont know how to run a buisness even the stores we cleaned were very dissapointed with the management 👎
Worst company ever!!!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2016
I worked for diversified on 2 separate occassions. Both times was a mistake. The first time I was making on 8.50 traveling from Charlotte to Mooresville ..7 days a week. I was constantly promised more money but that never happened. After leaving for 5 months and coming back I started on the strip and wax team making 12 an hour but after a week in va..I was put in a kohls and basically left there..despite having over 5 plus years floor tech experience. Management only cares about having bodies in the store...the district manager is sleeping with emplyees...no days off...no benefits..raises..promotions...nothing. If your seriously looking for a rewarding career..Diversified is NOT..I repeat..NOT that job.
Pros
They will hire anyone.
Cons
everything about the company.
This was a nice temporary job
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 25, 2016
I did like the cleaning aspect of this company. Cleaning different buildings everyday of the week! Special cleaning projects requested by management, this was a pie job!
Pros
Can break when you want to, do not have management breathing down your neck all the time
Cons
pay (could not live off of this pay), benefits, hours sometimes
it's an ok job
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAOctober 18, 2016
i worked there for over a year and this company went thru 3 area managers while i was there. they didn't know what was going on with the other but my district manager was the best. i asked several times to get my performance review, i never got it or a raise. i also worked my butt off and ending up leaving.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no raise
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
I've worked here over 11 years. Yes there have been ups & downs, but every job does. It got real scary for awhile during the merger and everything changed and became "more corporate", but finally after 2 years things are setteling back down. We have had some employees that have been here over 30 years. That right there says something about the company.
Pros
I have a great boss, a flexible schedule & l love what I do
Cons
Management on the road doesn't understand the office environment sometimes, raises haven't been given out to lower employees in quite awhile.
Working Hard in a Flourishing Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
Diversified Maintenance is a great company to work for - everyday I learn something new about the janitorial business. Managers and leaders are readily available when you have questions, team members help share the load during stressful times, career development and training opportunities are a plus! Overall, I find my job very satisfactory.
Pros
teamwork, benefits
Cons
communication
productive and fun
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
I liked working for diversified maintenance.when i worked for that company i cleaned home depot i got to meet a lot of nice people and they made me feel welcome and if i needed anything someone was there to help
Pros
great hours for working, atmosphere
Cons
hard to get a day off
Short Work days
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIJune 21, 2016
Diversified Maintenance is a good place to work if you don't need money. What I mean is don't expect more than $300 on a paycheck bi weekly. Sadly, there are ZERO benefits to this job - No 401k, no promotions, raises, nothing.

You're asked to work early mornings, which is the best part of the job, you get your days off.

Travel is asked of you, and you're given a hotel room...food, your on your own, unless your bosses are nice. You'll make the most of your money during travel time.

Compensation?? $10/hour sounds pretty nice, but is it really? Is it nice when you only get an average of 15 hours per week??? Not really.

You want time off??? GOOD LUCK!!! If the place you're cleaning is open, you're working. Doesn't matter if you have a family event, or planned a vacation, DMI can't afford to NOT have you work.
Pros
Afternoon and evenings Off!
Cons
No benefits, no time off
too much drama, and not a professional place to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 18, 2016
All I can say is too much going on among coworkers and the staff... They are not very professional... one of the reasons why I had left.. the supervisors are very picky and they thrive on bullying some of the employees.
horrible company
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 2, 2016
I worked for this company in south Carolina cleaning k mart stores half of the time it was only me working the area mangers never had and supplies you call or text them they don't respond back if you get sick and don't show up they blow your phone up asking what time will you be at the store. And they won't give u a raise it was just bad working for them. But if u really really need a job they will hire you but please find another soon as possible.
Professional and Informative Work Place
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2016
On a typical day at work I start by reconciling previous days cash and calculating current day cash requirements. I then process wires to cover current day requirements. I work with AP and AR managers to assure the only correct payments are going out and all collections are being pursued if past due. I also do multiple special reports for the CFO and VP of Finance.
lacks basic management skills.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMay 19, 2016
Worked for 6 months as site manager. Area manager never answered calls or texts. I had a lot of employees, myself included, that were always missing hours on our checks. We were told it was our own faults for messing up our time punches. Contacted HR and they never did anything either. When we had issues our manager was never available. However they would come swooping in every couple of months for damage control. Site managers cannot write anyone up, so employees have no consequences whatsoever. District manager named K. cussed out multiple employees who were directed to her by HR just wanting paid. It was the absolute worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
major headaches
Cons
short breaks, no support, no management, pay always short
never
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 17, 2016
this company is bad, i quite because the are manager that contract me to work, this men stared ask me about me se xual life, and something i don't really like tall to me,and i call to HR, about this issues and never do nothing, never receiving a call back about this issues and try to call and never answer and call me back, they ignored my complaint about se xual harassment.
Pros
never free lunch and never break
Cons
bever break and never benefits stealing hour hour of work
Can't keep there word
General Cleaning (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 10, 2016
Worked for this company since September promised a certain pay n never enough supplies to clean still no reburicement like promised & not enough supplies and unorganized and never can reach the boss
Cons
Unorganized
They dont care about employees
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVSeptember 19, 2016
I worked my butt off to the bone I get sick one day they fire me and two other employees who had been sick or family emergency if you want a job don't work for this place they suck
Pros
there is none
Cons
you get treated like garbage
Good job and work place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 11, 2016
good job and people do my job and great supervisor sorry no manpower so they laid he off but great job no matter what the weather I went to work did my job and had no problem. help the customers as much as I could every day.
Pros
Good people
Cons
laidoff
Daily Responsibilities
Floor Technician II (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 2, 2016
Operational representative that contributed directly to the company's main line(s) of business by finding ways to improve workflow in order to help things run smoother throughout the day.
Stocked merchandise and organized the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment
Provided fast, friendly service to customers by answering questions and helping with home improvement plans
Assisted customers by loading their vehicles and maintaining a pleasant and clean store entrance.
Ok company
Maintenance/ Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2016
Liked the shift i had but no room for advancement and no raises. The management was lacking when you would go to for supplies they expected you to pay for on your own. Also had little interaction with employees
Fun place to work
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 12, 2016
The company was overall a good place to work in. I would have to clean different retail stores before they open and work with the general managers of the facilities to ensure the satisfaction of the cleanliness
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
n/a

2.8