Diversified Metal Products, Inc. is a specialty metal fabricator serving many industries, including nuclear, food processing, and chemical. Diversified has been in business at its current location for over 24 years and has a history of consistent growth. We value relationships with our employees and our customers, so please consider joining our team!
This position includes a 401k plan, health savings account, and an excellent benefits package!
Business Development Manager Duties:
- Developing new and existing relationships with assigned prime and military customers.
- Identifying opportunities and programs to target within market segment.
- Identifying and participating in key trade shows and other networking opportunities.
- Preparing and conducting customer specific presentations including technical proposals.
- Identifying, interfacing, and influencing key decision makers.
- Work collaboratively with all functional areas of the organization, including, manufacturing, and management.
- Evaluate and respond to request for quote documents, terms and conditions, and pricing.
- Develop and maintain sales forecast.
Required skills, education and experience include:
- Experience working with and influencing key decision makers.
- Experience with engineering and/or manufacturing, preferably within the metals industries.
- Competency in fundamental business development practices, including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, and customer relationship development.
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of schedule, performance, and financial aspects of proposal and proposal closing.
- Assertive, self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Five or more years in Business Development or sales, particularly within the metal fabrication industry.
- Existing relationships and background with DOE Prime Contractors.
- Knowledge of ASME NQA-1 quality systems.
- Mechanical Engineering training, education or experience.
- Made to order, job shop or custom manufacturer experience.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
Indeed - 15 months ago