DIVINE SAVIOR HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Filled a void while I needed it, wanted more hours, never happened
PRN Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJune 21, 2017
Community feedback regarding health care offered is horrible "Divine Death, Divine Failure" etc. Rehab department 5 star reviews. Doing good things for the community and as a rehab department as patients are going elsewhere for surgeries and returning to hospital outpatient therapy services. Needed more hours, pay was below average, found better opportunity and left on good terms.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
not clear direction of where they are going
most enjoyable part of the job
Director (Former Employee) –  portage wiJune 5, 2017
The staff at Divine Savior truly care about their patients. The management team is very strong and supportive of each other. The upper management team has been there for many years
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TivoliMay 4, 2017
The management not very nice always getting bullied, always getting threatened to lose your license, the administration will do self reports to turn you into state for any little bruise. Constantly getting phone calls about residents that you don't know or didn't have contact with.
Not worth losing your license. If you have a medical issues or even a doctor's note that doesn't matter they want you to be at work. I had an asthma attack and I was still told to come in.
Pros
Co worker are nice
Cons
Management and always falsely accusing staff, dont bother calling in
Very friendly place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed doing my externship there, very helpful and friendly. They are very professional and willing to help you out. They are a very good team orientated clinic
Pros
Doctors sometimes brought in lunches
Cons
No easy way to clinic from where I live, had to go through town.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIOctober 27, 2015
Great job!
Good benefits.
This is a great work environment with great people that are like family
2817 New Pinery rd
Portage Wi 53901
Pros
duplicate
Cons
duplicate
Beautiful Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMay 18, 2015
Great place to work. I started working in the nursing home and then transferred to the Assisted Living Wing. Every day is different when you are caring for people. I have enjoyed the emphasis on team work and problem solving which management encourages.
GOod
CNA (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMay 10, 2015
It is very good I love bonding with the residents and seeing them progess to getting healthier and recovering. I love that my job is to help them reach their goals.
Great Place To Work
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 21, 2015
Divine Savior has a great atmosphere, and I love how busy it gets because I'm the kind of person that like to be busy. My boss helps out whenever she can, and my coworkers all work together.
Rewarding work environment with hard working staff
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJanuary 17, 2015
I started with Divine Savior as totally new to the healthcare environment. When I started, everything in Materials Management department was paper driven. Meaning if I wanted to find out where we ordered even basic supplies I had to search 4 drawer filing cabinets. DSH was open to improving and updating the department from the start. I was able to get a MMS to keep all information on computer. We advanced the process to creating orders for the buyer. The department grew from 2 people to 5.5 as we took on more of the purchasing and distribution of the hospital. In the 14.5 years I was with DSH I learned all there was to working in a Materials Management setting through hard work, new processes, working with sales reps and GPO representatives to stay current with contracts not to mention Service contracts and Biomed services. The most enjoyable part of the job was saving a buck or creating a new process that helped staff in the various departments to make things better for them to perform their job.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
bureaucracy
Great Small Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMarch 9, 2014
Fast-paced smaller hospital. Nearby there is a ski hill, a state prison, as well as numerous lakes and the Wisconsin River, so there is always something interesting coming through the facility.

Really great staff and mostly very friendly, almost like a family is some ways.

Management tries, they are not perfect, but who is?

Hardest part of the job...the health insurance could be better. Pricey for an employee to go to the ER or Urgent Care. The current insurance does not allow employees to see Dean providers outside of the city of Portage
Pros
401k, employee healthy living programs, discounted fitness center, modern facility, free popcorn!
Cons
the food in the cafe is not the best and has very limited hours, needs better insurance
My co-workers made this the best job I've ever had
rehab aide (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJanuary 6, 2014
The day gets pretty busy but goes by fast. It's the best feeling in the world to help people feel better.
Working at d.S.H.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Portage, WINovember 9, 2012
Divine Savioe has a well balance radiology dept. Most of the time a radiology tech. has the time to spend quality time with a pt. and perform good healthcare.
I have learned what it takes to be a good radiology tech at DSH. But in a field like this one you never stop learning.
My co-workers at DSH seem to really care about giving good care to there pt.'s.
I have yet to find a physical demanding hard part to te job. But with most medical feild jobs emotional part of job can very depending on what or how the injury/illness is going to affect your pt.
having a chance try and make a uncomfortable/scary/painful situation for a pt. and make it as easy as i can.
Pros
the ability to perform in many different area's in the radiology field like surgery, ortho, er, clinic, ct ex.
Cons
not having the chance to go from part time to full time.
Productive and fun place to work.
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIOctober 14, 2012
A typical work day includes pulling charts, doing my duties in inpatient (checking temperatures, cleaning, setting up rooms, etc), checking supplies in cardiac/pulmonary rehab (restocking if needed), cleaning, assisting therapists with ultrasounds and getting their patients started with treatments, setting up the wound care room (cleaning it after), putting in charges for the therapists, taking the mail to the mail room and bringing ours back to our department, putting linens away, among other various tasks.
I have learned how to manage my time well in order to get all of my daily tasks done and how to approach difficult situations with co-workers/patients in a positive manner. Management is easy to get along with and to talk to, if there are ever any concerns. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. They make it an enjoyable work place. The hardest part of the job is sometimes trying to juggle multiple tasks within a given time period. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with such great people. It's also fun to work with the patients and meet new people.
Pros
wellness program, nice co-workers, good work environment, etc
Cons
short break
The most supportive and proactive Management team I have had the pleasure of working for.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJuly 30, 2012
Managed the day to day operations of the clinics.

I learned a great deal from the Administrative Team at DSH. They were supportive, fun, engaging, and most of all treated you like family.

In hind site I wish I had never left!!
Pros
staff and administrative team were excellent!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DIVINE SAVIOR HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4