Division of Medicaid

Division of Medicaid Employer Reviews

Coworkers are great
Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee), Picayune, MSFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: doing what i like to do - assist the public
Cons: pay, it could be 3 years before a raise.
A typical day consists of answering multiple phone calls, interviewing clients for benefits, processing cases, both new and those needing reviewed. The hardest part of the job is making sure that cases are processed timely.
Coworkers are great, very helpful. Management can sometimes come across as unapproachable. If you have a question, they want to – more... know if you read the current email on the topic and if you haven't, they refer you to the email, rather than explain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping someone who needs the assistance. – less
Ok
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 4, 2013
A typical day at work was setting at my computer going through Medicaid and Medicare Reports looking for errors. I have learned that attention to detail can stop having to go back over what you previously have worked on. I worked for the state and Management in some departments was very good, but in others it was lacking. I got along with my co-workers. – more... The hardest part of my job was that i was their for over 7 years and did not get a raise. The most enjoyable part of my job was my association with my co-workers. – less
Relaxed environment
Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee), Senatobia, MSFebruary 26, 2013
* Interview clients and work cases
* How to relate to many personalities
* Lacking
* Keeping up with a massive case load
* Nice co-workers
I loved my job but retired after 28 years to find a new career
Assistant Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: earning leave each month so you could take off and still get paid
Cons: sometimes giving up your break just to assist a client or worker
Medicaid was a challenge because you had to do multiple jobs at one time. Review cases, communicate with workers and customers. A schedule had to be set or should i say a goal in order to accomplish all that you had to do in a work day. You also had to know policy and this is what made the job exciting to me. Customer service is very important. You – more... learned management skills along the way. You had to encourage co-workers. The hardest part of the job was performance reviews. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning together. – less
Work & Work
Projects Officer II, Special (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 24, 2012
Pros: lunch break and off days.
Cons: staffing.
The day consist of being busy and learning something new daily.
Very productive work enviroment
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 8, 2012
I am the Administrative Assistant for the Burea of Medical Services. I am always learning new things, taking classes to improve my skills.I enjoy my job.
Proved to be a great leadership and office management experience.
Medicaid Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 28, 2012
Pros: leadership skills learned
Cons: competitive
Organizing, managing director's schedules and performing routine office tasks provided good multi-tasking skills that I still use today.

Comprehending and applying State policy to process and determine medicaid eligibility is a job that requires good judgment and efficiency.