Division of Medicaid Employee Reviews in United States

Organized and nice place to work
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJune 15, 2016
Working there was no problem for me and I say that because everything was organized and you did not have to worry about surprises. Supervisors effectively communicated with the staff and did not hesitate when they needed to step in to make sure a task was completed.
Pros
Comp time and flexibility
Flexible work schedule always something to learn
Operations Management Analyst Principal (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 26, 2016
I have truly enjoyed working with this agency. I have learned a lot of valuable information as it pertains to state and federal regulations of the Medicaid & Medicare systems. The agency lacks room for advancement and the potential to grow.
Division Director II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 6, 2016
The Division of Medicaid is a productive healthcare agency that provide insurance to disable and children 18 years of age.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
healthcare
A typical day at the Division of Medicaid
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 23, 2015
A typical day begin at 7:30 .very fast paced environment.people from all walks of life.but I learned to be more patient and a very careful listener.no two people were alike.I had to be very organized as well as a multi-tasker..everyone pulled their weight. we were all about team work which was a plus. The hardest part of my job was when we had to tell a client that they didn't qualify for any of the programs.The most enjoyable part was when we could assist and approve a client.
Productive Work Place
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 20, 2015
It was a pretty easy work flow if you come in and do what you have too everything will work out fine. The work load is all up to you if you come in and get your things done on time you will be fine.
its just a job
Medicaid Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 13, 2015
this job required alot and the pay was not good at all have not received a raise in 8 years. the management will turn their backs on their employees in a minute. the clients feel privileged and born with the right to be on this program. we take alot of stuff and no one has our side as the employee
It's an okay place to work
Eligibility Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 5, 2015
Very Easy Job but a high turn over rate which cause a lot of work to be put on one person. The management team need more training in order to be more productive and professional.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
micro management
Medicaid
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSDecember 30, 2014
A typical day consists of answering multiple phone calls, interviewing clients for benefits, processing cases, both new and those needing reviewed. The hardest part of the job is making sure that cases are processed timely.
Coworkers are great, very helpful. Management can sometimes come across as unapproachable. If you have a question, they want to – more...
Pros
doing what i like to do - assist the public
Cons
pay, it could be 3 years before a raise.
Relaxed environment with stressful periods throughout the year
Accounting/Auditing Division Director (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 29, 2014
A typical day required me to supervise my three staff members and ensure the productive management of the long term care program.

During my eighteen (18) years at the MDOM, I learned a great deal about the different aspects of insuring the most vulnerable of Mississippi's population. Each bureau works independently and collectively to ensure that this population has their medical needs met.

Overall, the people at MDOM are hardworking and compassionate. Co-workers are like a family away from home. Management may not always do what is popular, but they attempt to do what is right.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the various personalities that make of MDOM and the most enjoyable is finding a method of melding those personalities to do the business of MDOM.
Coworkers are great
Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSFebruary 4, 2014
Coworkers are great, very helpful. Management can sometimes come across as unapproachable. If you have a question, they want to know if you read the current email on the topic and if you haven't, they refer you to the email, rather than explain.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping someone who needs the assistance.
Pros
doing what i like to do - assist the public
Cons
pay, it could be 3 years before a raise.
Ok
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 4, 2013
A typical day at work was setting at my computer going through Medicaid and Medicare Reports looking for errors. I have learned that attention to detail can stop having to go back over what you previously have worked on. I worked for the state and Management in some departments was very good, but in others it was lacking. I got along with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was that i was their for over 7 years and did not get a raise. The most enjoyable part of my job was my association with my co-workers.
Relaxed environment
Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSFebruary 26, 2013
* Interview clients and work cases
* How to relate to many personalities
* Lacking
* Keeping up with a massive case load
* Nice co-workers
I loved my job but retired after 28 years to find a new career
Assistant Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSFebruary 11, 2013
Medicaid was a challenge because you had to do multiple jobs at one time. Review cases, communicate with workers and customers. A schedule had to be set or should i say a goal in order to accomplish all that you had to do in a work day. You also had to know policy and this is what made the job exciting to me. Customer service is very important. You learned management skills along the way. You had to encourage co-workers. The hardest part of the job was performance reviews. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning together.
Pros
earning leave each month so you could take off and still get paid
Cons
sometimes giving up your break just to assist a client or worker
Work & Work
Projects Officer II, Special (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 24, 2012
The day consist of being busy and learning something new daily.
Pros
lunch break and off days.
Cons
staffing.
Very productive work enviroment
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 8, 2012
I am the Administrative Assistant for the Burea of Medical Services. I am always learning new things, taking classes to improve my skills.I enjoy my job.
Proved to be a great leadership and office management experience.
Medicaid Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 28, 2012
Organizing, managing director's schedules and performing routine office tasks provided good multi-tasking skills that I still use today.

Comprehending and applying State policy to process and determine medicaid eligibility is a job that requires good judgment and efficiency.
Pros
leadership skills learned
Cons
competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Division of Medicaid. Our community is ready to answer.