Dixie Electric Employee Reviews in United States

Insightful and productive
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJuly 13, 2016
At dixie I learned the basics for being a lineman, from putting poles up and connecting the lines to run electricity to batteries needed in the oilfield business. Management was great, my supervisor always made sure we had work that morning, even work that took us several days was the best. My co-workers were all friendly, they were very helpful when it came to training me the first week I was out on the job. The hardest part of the job was standing out in the hot New Mexico sun all day, I enjoyed the work thoroughly and look to continue work as a lineman to become a licensed journeyman.
Employees easy to work with
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 7, 2016
the employees are very friendly and very easy to work with. unstable hours. and you never know if you are going to have work after the next job. which makes it stressful
ran out of work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2016
Never knew from day to day if we would be working. Company is full of empty promises. There is to many mangers in the company and lack of communication to the field crews.
good company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXApril 7, 2016
overall good company to work for good people, good work environment, lots of hours, lots of good input from other employee on the job
Pros
lots of hours, good employees on site
good company to work for
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMay 6, 2015
Dixie is a good company with a good work environment and great benefits.. its a big company with a small company feeling to it
Pros
paid holidays, matching 401k
Cons
occasional long hours
Decent job.
Electrician - wired electrical boxes (Former Employee) –  Denver, CItyMay 20, 2015
I worked here as a high school student. I got paid monthly. I disliked that part but I got paid and it helped with certain things I needed. A jobs a job. I didnt get any benefits.
Very Stressful
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs NM and Denver City Tx.September 8, 2015
A typical day at work was very stressful due to the fact that upper management would implement new policies without middle -knowing.

I did obtain a good deal of experience from Dixie through management training as well as leadership training.

My co -workers for the most part were enjoyable to be around and helped with the day to day stress.

The hardest part of the job was the stress and the sense of not being able to do my job to my full extent.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dishonesty and Lack of communication
Good place for a young man to start that's needing experience to get his foot in the door to a better company
Line foreman (Former Employee) –  Hobbs mmSeptember 22, 2015
It was a great company till the investors bought it out then it went downhill. Was guaranteed 40 a week but not no more. Paid decent for line work and don't even have to put your rubbers on. Mostly dead work. Great coworkers bad bosses
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tioga, NDDecember 15, 2015
Dixie owns several small Electric Companies that maintain a good work force. The experience one gets from working here will surpass most companies.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short breaks
Early start to accomplish what was needed.
Electrician's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 21, 2015
Started the day early to complete the assigned jobs. Days were never the same, always something newly presented. Great people to work with!
Great work and great company
WAREHOUSE MANAGER AND PURCHASER (Former Employee) –  BIG SPRING ,TEXASJuly 14, 2015
Really enjoyed working for dixie. Strong safety background. Management is great and real easy to work for. Co workers were very helpful.
a good place to work and make money
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 7, 2015
my duties where well define , get the truck ready with all materials
and go do the job assignment.if materials where not available at warehouse we call the electric supplier and go pick up the materials. p.o where approve asap.
Pros
p.o. where approve on site asap.
Cons
have to work below frozen temperature
Good company to work and grow with.
Electrician 1 (Current Employee) –  Sundown, TXApril 25, 2015
Have been a good company to work for. I grew with them to learn automation and get my Electrical Journeyman license. The co-workers are good people and the management tries to take care of employees. Hardest part of job is work in the oilfield. The most employable part of the job is it is a good company to learn.
Good company with good benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  carlsbad nmJanuary 19, 2015
this company is a decent company to work for but they will lay you off without notice. the safety department is terrible as well as the equipment available to work with, that is of course if you can even get the company to provide the necessary equipment
Terrible managment
Ce 4 Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2012
Didn't like their managment supervisors. Was very cruel to the workers, like talking to them like kids. That to me will definately cause a problem.
Pros
20mins break and 30min lunch
Cons
bad dental and healthcare plan
an active an hands on work place
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 30, 2013
we drove out to the field every day built power lines i liked the people i worked with. the hardest part was the heat an burying six foot deep holes.
Very productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 8, 2014
Very fast paced productive electrical warehouse where i was able to learn how to operate a forklift
Pros
weekends off
Cons
cold warehouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixie Electric. Our community is ready to answer.