Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP Employee Reviews

Good work experience
Risk Advisory Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Smaller company competing well against bigger firms. Opportunities exists for lower level employees to do meaningful work and present up-the-chain of your client.
Growing company that is trying to build its brand.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2017
The company is growing and is acquiring smaller organizations so it is hard for the organization to develop one common culture but it is working on becoming One DHG. Overall, the company is a fine place to work but it is still trying to build its culture and brand in the marketplace.
Good Environment
Spring Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 18, 2017
Long hours when it's busy but everyone is laid back and supportive. They are willing to invest in people and technology that will make our jobs easier.
An old company attempting to embrace the new ways of business.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 30, 2017
DHG was working very hard to embrace the new ways that the world is doing business. They were constantly rolling out new initiatives to utilize technology and make life outside of work a priority. They had some trouble with what to do with support staff and others that were not billable or accountants. Overall, the good outweighed the bad, and it was a good place to work.
Good introduction to consulting at a mid-size firm
Risk Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2017
Firm culture is associate focused, very supportive with work life balance but compensation could be more competitive. Raises and promotions are very political.
Administrative Support
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 21, 2017
DHG feels their administrative support is second class. If you don't have a degree, then you're considered the bottom feeder of the company. There is no chance for advancement, and they feel it's a privilege for you to work there and treat you accordingly. They have all their 'supposed' employee benefits - they are all pretty on paper, but they do just enough.

They are so focused on making the top 100 places to work - they literally sent out a survey to all the staff, got us all to write our reviews and then after it was all said and done fired over 100 employees. Everyone there is job scared and the partners laugh and make jokes at the expense of the administrative staff.

They could work a lot smarter with their money, but they spend it extremely frivolous. It really looks good on paper, and for a few months it is until an employee sees what they are really about.
Internship
Tax Intern/Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
I only did to internships that were back to back. My typical day was different from full time staff. My views will not be of too much help since I was only there for a short time.
Overall 3 1/2 stars
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
Good place to work, be willing to go the extra mile. The hardest part of the job is just know when to stop and start fresh the next day.
Everyone there wants to do well.
Overall great
Senior AML Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 7, 2017
The company was very diverse, with many ages and people of different ethnic backgrounds. They were really well with benefits and compensation. I have never worked for a company as good as Dixon Hughes Goodman that compensated so much for their contractors.
Great place to earn money. Bad management destroys moral.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 3, 2017
Instead of building up employees, the management is focused on the bottom line. They don't value their junior employees and this leads to an increase in stress and poor performance.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Bad management
Highly skilled executive assistant. Able to handle many tasks at once.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Executive AssisantMay 27, 2017
Printing out daily reports and calendars
Prepare formal internal and external documents
Answer phones when needed (for receptionist)
e-filing tax returns
Prepare travel arrangements and expense reports
Preparing tax returns for delivery to clients
Random projects to help Office Manager
Distribute mail to employees
Pros
Team work, we all work for our clients and benefits
Cons
Reduction in Force (RIF)
DHG is a great place to work at. Everyone is extremely nice
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 26, 2017
It was a great experience. I had the opportunity to intern during the busy season. I learned so much over period of 4 months. Everyone was extremely nice. It was a great environment to work at. The busy season can be overwhelming but you have great support from partners and managers.
Pros
everyone is really nice.
Cons
commute was over an hour
Well balanced place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2017
This is a fairly large organization. And is growing rapidly. The people are great to work with. I have enjoyed my time with the company. They have great benefits and opportunities to try new things.
Pros
Snacks are great!
Cons
Lots of names and faces to learn.
Productive and fun workplace
Tax/Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2017
Great experience. The people at DHG were very welcoming and made me feel important. In addition, the work that I received was similar to the work of a first year staff, so I learned a lot.
Pros
Very understanding about work-life balance
Cons
N/a
A wonderful place to work.
Risk Advisory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAApril 13, 2017
A good place to develop your team work abilities. Wonderful Management. Develop quickly from the level of responsibility assigned to you. Allows for creativity and therefore many views or options to solving a problem.
People First
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 3, 2017
A great company who values its people. Great compensation and benefit plans which encourages growth personally as well as professionally. Fantastic place to work!
Excellent place to be in public accounting
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2017
Great flexibility, fast paced environment. Presented with many learning opportunities and get to work hands on with managers and partners. Great company culture!
Pros
growth, flexibility
Cons
moving to big 4 culture
Standard mid-sized professional services firm.
Principal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
New employee onboarding requires attention; as a mid-size firm trying to compete with larger firms, it needs to invest in it's employees on a similar scale.
Enjoyable atmosphere for a public accounting firm
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2017
Pretty standard public accounting firm, worked on small to mid size private clients so I was able to see more companies and see the entire company rather than one section. Management is very helpful and understanding, and the culture is very friendly.
Was a good place the first 11 years I worked for them
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 6, 2017
The organization was good when I first went to work for them, but as they got bigger and bigger it became more business and less about the people who had been with them for so long. When my boss retired and they brought a new partner in he was allowed to bring in his own staff and I was laid off. People don't care about loyality.
Pros
Used to be caring
Cons
Got big and became all about the money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP. Our community is ready to answer.