Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP

Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP Employee Reviews

Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 19, 2016
Couldn't work for a better place. Co-workers are very helpful. Management helps you strive for success and will assist any way they can to make this happen
Excellent Company To Work For
Tax/Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 6, 2016
DHG is an outstanding company. I spent my time there preparing tax returns and doing various tax research tasks. There is a great company culture in the offices across the Southeast region of the United States.
great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work, love the people, they really care about the people who work there. I like working here. Quick on the job learning
Fast paced work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38120August 24, 2016
Great coworkers! Long hours required to meet tight deadlines. Many challenges daily.....never a dull moment. DHG was very involved with community projects and personal advancement.
Pros
We never went hungry during busy season!
Unprofessional Hiring Agency
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 3, 2016
They placed me at a job and told me it would convert in 3 months. It never converted and after 6 months I had to go find a new job. Furthermore, they won't give me a reference nor did they help me find a new job. They also paid me poorly while they took a bigger cut from the total payout from the employer. I was homeless at the end of the 6 months, cause I couldn't afford college debt and bills. They wouldn't do anything to help me. Now I am trying to find a job and neither the employer or this company will talk to prospective employers. Horrible place don't work for them.
Pros
Got me a job
Cons
Liars
Excellent Place to work
Senior AML Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 26, 2016
Awesome Company, I worked as a contractor and they treated me fairly. They really take care of their employees. The work was rewarding and they always looked for ways to improve the quality of life of their workers. They had lunches at work, took us to baseball games and rewarder employees who were killing it.
Pros
Lunches, baseball games
Cons
Good company for inexperienced professionals
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2016
Work was good. Relied heavily on existing clients versus developing new business relationships. Can't compete with some of the bigger firms.
Pros
Work Life
Cons
Compensation
Great Place to work
Professional Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 8, 2016
Great Co-workers who are like family!
Fast paced but fun daily routine. Internal and External clients keep things from being boring.
Do not work on this project
Senior AML Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 3, 2016
Biggest joke of a project I've ever seen and every contractor on this Proj would agree !! That's why we are all leaving and they need to hire more people. DHG has no idea what they are doing. "Management team" is laughable, they have NO AML experience and their paid expenses are a joke - this is their first time doing AML and hopefully there last - they are an accounting firm !! They only paid straight time for OT which they are now being sued for after dept of labor was called !! Stay as far away as possible !!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Clueless management people, paid expenses not enough, OT is only straight time
Mockery to the Aml society
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2016
This was by far the worst company I've ever seen. They pretend to know Aml but have no clue. They steal expenses, break labor laws, and are an all around joke. Their Aml backgrounds are fake
Pros
Cons
Straight time for overtime, does not compensate full meal plans, fake Aml backgrounds

Want to know more about Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP?

Ask a question
Productive Work Environment
Senior Quality Review Analyst r (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 27, 2016
A great staff of professional workers. Management is approachable. Team building and knowledge building environment in which new analyst can learn and grow within the financial operations business.
Pros
Like Working With Family
Cons
Contract Work
Awesome Experiece
Temporary Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2016
These really are great people who work here. I was given a temporary position right out of college and treated very well by them and am thankful for that. Some of the recruiters have even reached out to me just to check in and see how I am doing, which in my book is a great feeling to be thought of even though I have not worked for them in over a year.
Great Place to Work
Consultant Risk Advisory (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2016
Fast paced with great growth opportunities. There is a strong focus on work life balance and the CEO stresses it very much.
Working for Dixon Hughes Goodman
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 25, 2015
Working for Dixon Hughes Goodman taught me a lot about accounting. It also taught me how to remain cool under pressure and be able to deliver for due dates.
Management heavy work place
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2014
A typical day at Dixon Hughes Goodman involves anything a normal office IT job would. You get to work, check your e-mail, follow up with yesterday's user's who had issues, and then start working the ticket queue. The atmosphere really isn't a bad one and its great for a first IT job.
The job isn't bad at all. The only draw back is that its a very "Partner-Heavy" firm. That just means that you'll end up answering to 15 bosses every day. Its challenging, but still a fun atmosphere to work with. Just be prepared to deal with a few people who are very concerned with status.
Pros
Free food, Lots of outside the office activities.
Cons
Very demanding bosses, low pay
Excellent firm of Accountants
Client Bookkeeper and Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 23, 2014
I worked for this firm for 12 years and worked as a receptionist, Executive Assistant and Client Bookkeeper. It was a very good work environment.
Pros
Flexible summer schedule
Cons
very very very large company
Typical Accounting Firm
Auditor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 14, 2014
Day to day work is routine and typical of a large accounting firm.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Long hours.
overall great internship
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2014
Learned a lot and met great people. Seems like a place with good community.
Pros
Free snacks
Lack of communication
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 13, 2014
Large company that I felt could do a better job of communicating information to its employees.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Average management and poor communication
Consulting position
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2013
Lacked direction on day to day operations and training for position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP Reviews by Location