DJJ Employee Reviews

djj
Department of Juvenile Justice (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GADecember 19, 2016
A typical day here is dealing with youth offenders. around the clock. make sure they report to edaucation. make sure they are well taking care of. when it comes to their saftey.
Pros
lreaning the job
Cons
not to many
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Work hard as team player, get work done and go home.
I learned not to wait on someone else to do something, do it yourself.
They had good managers, they were serious about there positions.
I had some friendly and good teammates on my shift.
Getting the pans out the oven without getting burnt because the ovens were so hot.
Eating the good food they cooked everyday.
Pros
Ate all meals foe free
Cons
Short breaks
Overall, a fun and learning environment for us all
JJDO II (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 16, 2013
the start of my shift i would sign in and mingle with my co-workers. Then head off to transition to learn the problems (if any) of the day, get our mod assignments and other duties, uniform inspection and then we are off to the mod we were assigned and check for the security devices and sensitive items were all in place, checked the med kits making sure they were still sealed, count the population board and verify it with master control. accept the shift and begin life skills with the group and give them the plan of the day. some of the management rocked while others were on egotistical power trips as well as some of my co-workers. i loved each and every minute of my 8hr shift, interacting with my peers and youth was the highlight of my career and it kept me motivated more then ever.
Fast Pace Workforce with different Shifts
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2012
Process payroll and personnel transactions. Working closely with staff to answer any questions they may have of their benefits. Researching training and development needs of all employees. Maintaining and upkeep of all HR forms and personnel files. And assist co-workers where needed.
Pros
great place to work
Productive workplace
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 10, 2013
Great career to work with kids and families to better their future.
Pros
Giving kids the tools to help better them
Typical Day
Department of Juvenile Justice (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2012
A typical day at DJJ was to maintain safety and headcount for juvenile.
Cons
short breakes
Nice
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, NYJuly 12, 2014
Wondful staff. However the manager of the kin was not so good to work for.
Juvenile Corrections Officer
Department of Juvenile Justice (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at work starts off with a 5:45 briefing from supervisors, and also receiving pod assignments. We then finish hygiene and watch current events followed by breakfast and medication given from nurse.From there we take the juveniles to school until noon in which we are in the classrooms providing security until they are done with school,in which this is almost an all day thing with the kids staying until 3 pm then it time for chow so thereafter.I enjoy working with my coworkers on a daily because we bounce off each other during tough times at the job, the hardest part of the job may be the 12 hour shift because they can be overwhelming at times but i have come so used to this it has become second nature.Ofverall my job is to provide care, custody, and control of young juveniles under the jurisdiction of the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) while exercising safety and security measures in an institutional setting. Maintain appropriate control and protective services of juveniles including security and well-being at all times. Supervise and direct juvenile movement during various activities on site while maintaining correct physical headcount at all times. Conduct regular security checks of living units while maintaining a log of all activities

Want to know more about DJJ?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DJJ. Our community is ready to answer.