DJJ Employee Reviews

Wor
Juvenile Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLApril 11, 2017
I enjoy Ed being able to intercept with the juvenile s and getting them to understand reality without getting unset over situations,and I'm able to sit and help them understand alot about our hire ups
Pros
Being able to get the juvenile to understands what correct and what a consequence
Cons
Gossip destroys the actual consent of understanding at first hand
Dangerous place to work . Lacks structure
correctional custody officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta , GeorgiaApril 6, 2017
Correctional Custody officer responsible the safety , health and welfare of incarcerated juveniles. There is no order no structure. people come to work when they want if they don't want to ,you are left at work for up to 22 hours
Pros
some weeks you only work two days a week
Cons
No Lunch, No Lunch work 16 hrs a day
Fun work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 19, 2017
Working for the department of DJJ was great experience. I really enjoyed working their. If there was a chance for me to return I would. Thanks you JSJ.
Pros
Great work site
Cons
Great health care
Clinci Mental Health Director and Facility Mental Health Authority.
Clinicial Mental Health Supervisor Duval House (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Great opportunity to help youth and their family, with underlying emotional/psychological and behavior issues. Duties include daily oversight of mental health staff. Served as the Facility Mental Health Authority. Provided weekly staff supervision also monthly staff training. Facilitated mental health groups, and family counseling. Facilitated facility substance abuse therapy groups for assigned youths. Worked closely with judicial authorities. Prepared and presented written and oral reports of assigned youths progress and future plan. Participated in monthly treatment teams, transition staffing and exit staffing.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Long Hours.
djj
Department of Juvenile Justice (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GADecember 19, 2016
A typical day here is dealing with youth offenders. around the clock. make sure they report to edaucation. make sure they are well taking care of. when it comes to their saftey.
Pros
lreaning the job
Cons
not to many
Exciting place to work, and challenging
CORRECTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  COLUMBIA SCMay 7, 2015
Co-workers are ok
Very challenging
Meet new people
Challenging enviroment
Very physical
Exciting
Demanding
Pros
Working with children in trouble
Cons
Low pay, Very physical demanding
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Work hard as team player, get work done and go home.
I learned not to wait on someone else to do something, do it yourself.
They had good managers, they were serious about there positions.
I had some friendly and good teammates on my shift.
Getting the pans out the oven without getting burnt because the ovens were so hot.
Eating the good food they cooked everyday.
Pros
Ate all meals foe free
Cons
Short breaks
Nice
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Union Springs, NYJuly 12, 2014
Wondful staff. However the manager of the kin was not so good to work for.
Juvenile Corrections Officer
Department of Juvenile Justice (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at work starts off with a 5:45 briefing from supervisors, and also receiving pod assignments. We then finish hygiene and watch current events followed by breakfast and medication given from nurse.From there we take the juveniles to school until noon in which we are in the classrooms providing security until they are done with school,in which this is almost an all day thing with the kids staying until 3 pm then it time for chow so thereafter.I enjoy working with my coworkers on a daily because we bounce off each other during tough times at the job, the hardest part of the job may be the 12 hour shift because they can be overwhelming at times but i have come so used to this it has become second nature.Ofverall my job is to provide care, custody, and control of young juveniles under the jurisdiction of the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) while exercising safety and security measures in an institutional setting. Maintain appropriate control and protective services of juveniles including security and well-being at all times. Supervise and direct juvenile movement during various activities on site while maintaining correct physical headcount at all times. Conduct regular security checks of living units while maintaining a log of all activities
Productive workplace
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 10, 2013
Great career to work with kids and families to better their future.
Pros
Giving kids the tools to help better them
Overall, a fun and learning environment for us all
JJDO II (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 16, 2013
the start of my shift i would sign in and mingle with my co-workers. Then head off to transition to learn the problems (if any) of the day, get our mod assignments and other duties, uniform inspection and then we are off to the mod we were assigned and check for the security devices and sensitive items were all in place, checked the med kits making sure they were still sealed, count the population board and verify it with master control. accept the shift and begin life skills with the group and give them the plan of the day. some of the management rocked while others were on egotistical power trips as well as some of my co-workers. i loved each and every minute of my 8hr shift, interacting with my peers and youth was the highlight of my career and it kept me motivated more then ever.
Typical Day
Department of Juvenile Justice (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2012
A typical day at DJJ was to maintain safety and headcount for juvenile.
Cons
short breakes
Fast Pace Workforce with different Shifts
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2012
Process payroll and personnel transactions. Working closely with staff to answer any questions they may have of their benefits. Researching training and development needs of all employees. Maintaining and upkeep of all HR forms and personnel files. And assist co-workers where needed.
Pros
great place to work