DK Security Employee Reviews

Dont want to do it
Uniformed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 11, 2018
I worked this while in school. I worked as a Loss prevention officer at grocery stores and as a uniformed security officer. My job tasks varied everyday.
Work
Event Staff/ Security (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 3, 2018
The workin conditions sometimes sucks because some are located outside. However your co-workers are usually pleasant to be around and makes work worth your while
No care
Security Guard/Receptionist - MSU Secchia Center (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 28, 2017
they don’t care for employees, they make it almost impossible for you to call in if needed. Not paid enough for not being able to have protection on us.
Overworked and underpaid
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 25, 2017
Some management was okay in a local offices but if you had to go to corporate you can forget about it and still overworked and underpaid get to do a lot of great things made a lot of great people
Pros
Cons
A lot
Possibility of working 40 hours every week at different locations
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIDecember 20, 2017
Compensation isn't the greatest; some places pay less than minimum wage. Since the company has contracts with multiple companies, employees are able to pick up shifts at multiple locations and work more 'as needed' and/or have regular weekly hours at any location.
October 2017
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 20, 2017
Nov 1, 2017 DK obtained the State of Michigan Contract. The Detroit office, poor management, communication skills and short of staff. The pay is reasonable but I do not recommend DK Security.
Sucks
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 3, 2017
never consistent in hours or which shift your put on, 1st 2nd and 3rd all in the same week, only scheduled 1 week in advanced MAX, constantly changing in shifts 3 or less hours before the shift.
The company has issues with supervisors.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 18, 2017
This is a decent company to work for. The supervisor where I was was unwilling to cover any shift but her own. She also did not pass anything up the chain of command.
Pros
Decent sites, fair conditions
Cons
Poor supervisors, and management
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 15, 2017
Security Job. Responsible for security at Selfridge Air National Guard Base located in Mount Clemons Michigan. Responsible for basic security of the grounds in and around where the base is located.
friendly environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 15, 2017
over all my experience with DK security was great. the people i got to work with and my boss was and will always be a delight. i would definitely work here again if they ever asked me to come back.
Great place to work with minimal responsiblity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 10, 2017
If you can stand being bored most of the time this would be great work for you. Company rules are simple and easy to follow. No benefits or paid time off, no paid holidays. You would be lucky if could get a 40 hour work week each week but that conflicts with small businesses having to pay for healthcare according to the "Affordable Care Act".
Pros
Easy work, easy money, Free uniforms and jackets are provided.
Cons
Boredom, long hours, no paid time off or paid holidays, high turnover
Great Corporate Culture
Human Resources & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 25, 2017
I loved working at the Corporate office of DK Security. The senior leadership at the top was inspiring and very approachable. The employees around me were very friendly and helpful. I felt like I was a part of a family. It was exciting being a part of a company that is rapidly growing and has a great reputation in Michigan. Due to the rapid growth, I had a fast paced job since I had to continually recruit for new sites. I hardly ever felt overwhelmed though.
Pros
Great Culture, flexible schedule
Decent 'In between '
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIOctober 15, 2017
Ample opportunity to work, plenty of shifts to pick up. Work is generally simple, feels as though it is largely intended for those who are hard on their luck or just entering the work force.
challenging from time to time.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jackson College Jackson, MIOctober 5, 2017
Much interaction with students. Mostly good experiences but be ready for anything. Great co-workers are very helpful. Very supportive management. Generally a lot of fun.
Pros
flexible working schedules
Cons
late nights.
They do not pay well at all.
Uniform and Event Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 16, 2017
The pay is very low and they try not to pay you benefits. They will try to keep you part time and pay not benefits.

The management is hot or cold depending on the work site.

They do offer a lot of flexibility and is a good in between job.
Probably the worst job you could ask for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 13, 2017
Company does not care for its employees. I left the company after seeing they weren't not willing to hire operation managers or even attempt to move their lower employees up. It's strictly a make money business only. They barely care for the contracts they have and refuse to attempt to make anything better or more streamlined. I have since moved to a new security company with increased pay and benefits. I never truly knew how bad of a situation I was in til I left this company. If absolutely needed this company could be used as a transitional period but it is not worth investing long term at all.
Pros
Co-workers are decent.
Cons
Benefits, Wage, Management, Career opportunities, Hours (FT/PT), Flexibility, Etc...
Fast paced environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 7, 2017
Lots of hours, projects and stuff to do. Plenty of variety in day to day tasks. Great team and culture to work with. Management listens and works to correct problems in a timely manner.
Good opportunity for those without specific job skills.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 30, 2017
DK provides an opportunity for those looking for employment who have limited professional skills, but have a strong work ethic and are trustworthy. The supervision is for the most part professional and understanding. The schedule can be flexible to accommodate emergencies,. Some sites are very strict with rules, while others are more relaxed. Working there provides opportunities for unskilled workers to develop certain skill sets, while at the same time providing older, experiences an opportunity to utilize skills learned over a life time of work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Can be expected to be called ot fill emergency shift vancancies
Great for an entry level, college student, retiree, or as supplemental income.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2017
As a part time, on-call event staff
or guard, you are able to work different events and different posts. The pay could be better, but if you show up on time, do your job and show a willingness to help, they'll work with you for a post you might want for a concert. Overall, it's an enjoyable place to work and can be a lot of fun.
Pros
Very flexible, great experience for students.
Cons
Most posts are entry level pay, some as much as 12, but those are rare.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2017
This work was great to meet and speak with new people on a daily basis. I enjoyed the different environments I was able to be around and able to have more diversity with different locations through out the week.