DK Security Employee Reviews

Average
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 6, 2017
Decent company but wages are not very good. Flexible hours though and can at times be a fun atmosphere. I have an decent experience with them. Fun to do security at concerts.
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work consist of going to a location and guarding or watching over that location for your shift. I learned that it isn't a bad job and if you even just want to volunteer they have positions for that too. The management wasn't bad, but also not the best. The workplace is not bad and there are a lot of friendly staff people. The hardest part about the job was in some situations you have to stand for a long period of time without leaning or sitting down at all. Not a bad place to work and overall a good and friendly staff. Job can be a bit difficult at times, but overall fun.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You may not get a break at times
Poor management, poor compensation
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 28, 2017
I worked for the company for about 2 years. My hours were very flexible considering I put myself through school and finished while working here. Management was terrible. They had some twisted agenda against people who actually came to work and did their expected job. They fired people left and right so employees felt there was no job security. Employees did not want to stay with the company because of managements instablility. There was always a hostile work environment. Employees telling on each other and overall cadiness. Worse company I have ever worked for.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, poor management, no job security
Not Fond of Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 4, 2017
It was great at first because they give you all these hours and then after a few months you might get like 25 hours because of the way their system is set up you cant have over a certain amount of hours in a 6 month period.
If the vet employees don't like you they will be sure to get rid of you even if you get fired for something other employees do as well
Pros
lots of hours to start
Cons
hardly any hours after a few months, liars
Simple and Fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2016
My day to day duties were simple. Show up, sit and stay alert. The building I worked at was active, the people there were incredible. We will be life long friends. My supervisor was very understanding and professional.
Great Coworkers, Terrible Wages
Uniformed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed the company of my coworkers, but the pay was very low, they also try to pressure you into working more than you're able to. Management seems to get agitated when the employees have a life outside of the job.
Great for people with busy schedules
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 14, 2016
This is not a company to really make a career with. It is flexible with a hectic schedule since there are always hours available somewhere, but that is the only positive of this job.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Low wages, temporary sites, unreliable co-workers and supervisors
If you have a choice dont work here
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2016
The typical day started with bad hours, either its not enough ( a three or four hour shift) or way to much ( 10-16 hours). The main thing I learned while working for DK security is that if your good at your job not only will you not be rewarded, you will be most likely punished.
Pros
Cons
everything
Love my job
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 30, 2016
I worked both sites in Flint and really enjoy my job. They are very understanding of emergencies and when issues arise I feel comfortable talking to my supervisors and site managers. Wonderful security company.
Pros
easy job with awesome bosses
Cons
some people they hire should not be security at all
I worked here
Security Guard (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 20, 2016
The people are all pretty nice and management is awesome. the only drawback is limited work in your area unless willing to travel. Other than that it's a great company to work for if you want occasional part time.
Pros
Working with the general public!
Cons
part time
I love this job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 23, 2016
DK is a great company to work for. They really make you feel like your a family. You have opportunities to work fun events as well as your normal job. Each site is a different day-to-day, love it! Coworkers are generally great and the management is amazing!
I had great experience working on this job.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 18, 2016
This job help me grow and develop a lot of skills for my future as a security officer. The hours for DK Security was flexible. I enjoy working at Western Michigan University.
Producitve work area
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2016
While working for DK Security I was able to learn how to maintain a safe environment for employees as well as myself. In Addition, I was able to learn how to wright incident reports and keep a log of all persons who were visiting the building. Management was nice; were able to work around your schedule especially if you were in college, like I was.
decent place, with good-hearted people.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 4, 2016
A slow day is always a steady day, and a steady day is a good day. the hardest part of the job was coping and remembering names and faces.
outside
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 20, 2016
Youll be out in the sun and or snow in most of their job sites are outside , and that what I didn't like about the company , but great for teenagers
Flexible scheduling, fun job
Loss Prevention Store Detective (Current Employee) –  West MichiganJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work involves 8 hour shifts. 4 hours spent at one location and the rest of your shift spent at the next, walking the sales floor and blending in with customers, monitoring CCTV, conducting investigations, making apprehensions, and making detailed reports of apprehensions. The most enjoyable part of the job is making stops on shoplifters, specifically ORC, and knowing you helped make a difference. The hardest part of the job is working on a slow day.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, paid travel, Plenty of hours, Decent pay, Independent work, Occasionally partner up with coworkers, Supervisor is on call if you need help or have questions regarding a situation
Cons
Could use a longer training program, some clients have poor CCTV.
Great place for people who love anything criminal justice wise
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 9, 2016
I learn a lot here how to deal with people and to have situational awareness while working great as a start up job for future law enforcement.
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 26, 2016
Management is poor, supervisors lack the knowledge to train their employees properly. Upper level corporate does, however, treat their employees fairly. Pay is low and not worth the stress you endure on a day to day basis.
Pros
easy
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Great Management Team!
Security Officer - Armed/Unarmed (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2016
DK Security Is A Great Place Of Employment, With Great Opportunities For Advancement And Job Security! DK security has a true foundation of excellent ethics and integrity, they seek to better not only the name of the company but it's employees as well.
Productive, positive, smiles
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIDecember 15, 2015
I talk with a number of parolees about life and their experience with prison. I dish out advice to let the parolees know that there is still a chance at life. I explain to the parolees that when your around positive, positive comes your way
Pros
Getting familiar with different personalities
Cons
Short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DK Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5