dla piper

dla piper Employer Reviews

Professional and fun place to work
IT Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: great environment and great benefits
Cons: high turnover due to layoffs in slow periods.
I started with DLA on a 90 day temp position and was there for 2 years. I loved the environment and the team I worked with. Compensation for business travel was fair and prompt, and the attorneys I supported were grounded professional people.
Work place with friendly people
Accounts Payable Researcher/Account Temps (Current Employee), Mt Washington, MdFebruary 6, 2014
My day is always business, researching problems for every department. Everyone is nice to work with, they are willing to work together as a group. The only thing is the work hours are different.
Awesome place to work
Record Management Manager - Northern California (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: travel
I work closely with Partners, Associates Paralegals and Admistrative team to ensure excellent customer service.

I started out as a file clerk delivering files as requested and moved up as I learned. Now I manage 3 offices and mentor many supervisors within the firm. Helped emplament new database and trained many staff members with in the firm.
Productive and great place to work.
Case Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CANovember 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very motivated and encouraging. A typical day at work was productive always busy with new tasks and learning new things on the daily. I learned E-filing and scanning it was interesting and I'd like to work with these tasks again.
Interesting place - lots of little perks, not busy enough
Project Team Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2013
When there are projects to work on, it is very enjoyable. The people are great and the work is interesting. I have learned more about individual corporate litigation cases.
Absolutely horrible place to work
Legal Assistant to Partner (Former Employee), San Diego/La Jolla, CaliforniaOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: awful environment, no training, rude/arrogant partner, hr dept. offers no assistance to what goes on after you are hired
I was hired to assist a partner as his legal assistant. I replaced an assistant who was supposed to "train" me; however, she never did as she accepted a position on another floor.
I showed up early on my first day of work to find I had 2 cubicles to clean-up & organize. The paperwork was thrown all over the floor, the piles were approximately 4 feet – more... high. I had no chair, no one introduced themselves to me, the phones were ringing yet I couldn't get to the phone as it was underneath the piles of paperwork thrown all over.
I thought someone was playing a joke on me!
I look up to see the Partner I was supposed to assist standing over me. He says follow me into my office, so I do.
His office was more of a mess!! I couldn't even see the carpet as paperwork, files, post-its, etc. was thrown throughout his office.
The guy was not only rude & arrogant but just flat out mean.
I tried to continue to be upbeat & tried to organize all these areas, but the Partner yelled how this is how he likes it!
After a couple days of being treated meanly & ignored by the other assistants, the HR dept. called me to see how I was doing.
I expressed my concerns: I've never been trained by the former assistant as she took off, I found out that I was the 5th assistant to this Partner in a very short period of time (all of whom "didn't work out"), my work areas are a disaster, the Partner is just mean & rude, I can't read anything he gives me as his handwriting is not legible, I have no one to turn to for any sort of direction because the assistants all act like the "Stepford Wives".
I resigned within 2 weeks of being hired. – less
Uhhhh, right
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: clueless management, cliques, favoritism abounding
You can work yourself to death and not get commended for it, while other employees spend all day on the telephone or flirting with all the male (mostly married) attorneys and they get commendations and flowers and breakfast. Mostly absentee-landlord management with no clue what the job is or what it takes to get it done. Lots of flowery talk about finding – more... out what the jobs entails so you can get help you need, but the results are the survey is to find out how to cut the work force and asking people to voluntarily leave. – less
Fun place to work with frequent parties and events at work.
Data Steward (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2012
Working in data entry in the marketing department allowed me to learn a lot about the interconnectedness of the world.
DLA
Trainee (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTSeptember 2, 2014
Decent standard of work for large international law firm with broad base of clients
Fair and honest place to work
WP operator, legal support (Former Employee), Brisbane, QldJune 25, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: putting oneself through yearly reviews
I found DLA to be a friendly place to work. Because of the culture that the business encouraged, most of my co-workers were my friends. DLA has a social club which held monthly gatherings and other events throughout the year. There were plenty of opportunities for learning and brushing up on skills. Business systems that were used were as up to date – more... as possible for the firm's business needs. I would go back to the firm tomorrow if there were any vacancies but sadly as is the case for all multi national firms, staff are being kept to a minimum. – less
Legal Secretary / PA
Legal Secretary / PA (Former Employee), Emaar SquareMay 19, 2013
A growing law firm that pays attention to staff training and encourages a team environment.