dla piper Employee Reviews

great
Law firm (Former Employee) –  sheffieldJune 2, 2017
great place to develop new skills. it helped me become more confident as an individual but also helped me work well in a team. overall, my work experience with them was very beneficial and productive.
Research all the time
Research Librarian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2017
This job was focused on research all the time, which provided one with skills in many practice areas. But it was also stressful to get up to speed on specialized topics, which was frequent at this global law firm.
Pros
Free lunches, location, interesting staff.
Cons
High level of responsibilities toward the end, almost as an associate attorney, with no extra compensation. Required weekend shifts for no compensation.
Great company to work for
Network services manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2017
Good company to work for. Great facilities. Very busy and advanced for a law firm. Lots of new and up to date technology.

Culture there is pretty nice for a law firm.
Great firm
Project Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 5, 2017
great lawyers, great administrators, great staff, great benefits, great perks (parties, on-site gym), great training and resources for continuation of training
Good work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2016
I manage a 16 person site. Working for DLA Piper has help me how to work with different cultural of people with different personalities. This is a very desire place to work. It's a friendly and good work environment. If you are looking to grow with a company, this is the place to work.
Good Work Place
Conflicts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2016
DLA Piper/ Nsource is a nice, fun, and diverse workplace. They are pretty flexible with balancing life, family, school, and work. Management also has an open door policy.
Corporate Law Firm
Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CAAugust 26, 2016
DLA is a large corporate firm that operates exactly as anticipated. The firm manages several different practice groups, with established hierarchy within each one.
Friendly work environment
Docket Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
DLA provides a comfortable work environment. They are willing to work with employees to meet their needs whether its personal or work related. Management is sufficient ant many of my co-workers are friendly and a pleasure to work with.I can't say that there is anything hard about my job but it does present new challenges on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationship that I have formed in my 10 plus years a DLA.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement
Fast Pace office
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2016
There are multiple job duties and constant customer contact. Management is understanding to personal life situations and works with you.
Co-workers are great there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2016
Was a liaison between secretaries and Manager, kept PTO calendars and a daily schedule. Did lots of monthly reports. Also assisted with helping the Reception Desk.
Fast Food Level Management at a World-Class Law Firm
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  TXApril 18, 2016
The attorneys you work for will be either "Mean Girls" or "Heathers" depending on your generation (and theirs).
Your manager will be in a completely different part of the country and will have no idea what you do or the challenges you face on a daily basis.
You will beg, literally beg, for help from IT, Litigation Support, and other departments and never receive it.
Your supervisor will have his favorites and they will get your hours.
Young attorneys will try to take billable work from you.
You will be encouraged to backstab other staff to take their billable hours.
You will be worked until they have no further use for you, then you will be fired.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Horrible managment.
Better work-life balance, but poor integration of lateral associates
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
As far as "big law" firms go, DLA is a good place to work. The people are nice and approachable and the hours have been manageable. Often the office will be empty after 7 p.m.

They do not, however, do a good job integrating new lateral hires into the firm. No one even introduced me to the partners on my floor when I started. The assignment system is not very useful, so I was constantly begging for work and then being reprimanded for not finding enough.
Felt like I made a difference.
Legal secretary/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt.Washington, MDMay 14, 2015
Had contact daily with multiple levels of clients, attorneys, support staff and vendors. I loved my job and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was the travel to and from. I enjoyed the atmosphere of my office and I enjoyed all the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Great working atmosphere.
Cons
Downsizing affected a lot of employees/
Law Firm
Receptionist/Assistant (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
This was the first law firm I ever worked for and they were excellent people! The hardest part of the job was remembering all the attorney's names.
decent firm
Senior IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  san diego, caApril 24, 2015
decent firm as far as work/life balance, however no opportunity for advancement as IT is very silo'ed.
Hardest part of the job is getting other teams to work with you, teams typically get very defensive if you ask them to complete any of their work.
Management has a complete disconnect from what is happening in the firm.
Some of the staff is really nice and easy to work with though.
Pros
worklife/balance
Cons
no career advancement
Involving
Consultant /Corporate Events Planner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2014
Currently working here, lots of opportunities for learning new software.
Professional and fun place to work
IT Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2014
I started with DLA on a 90 day temp position and was there for 2 years. I loved the environment and the team I worked with. Compensation for business travel was fair and prompt, and the attorneys I supported were grounded professional people.
Pros
Great environment and great benefits
Cons
High turnover due to layoffs in slow periods.
Work place with friendly people
Accounts Payable Researcher/Account Temps (Current Employee) –  Mt Washington, MdFebruary 6, 2014
My day is always business, researching problems for every department. Everyone is nice to work with, they are willing to work together as a group. The only thing is the work hours are different.
Awesome place to work
Record Management Manager - Northern California (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 27, 2013
I work closely with Partners, Associates Paralegals and Admistrative team to ensure excellent customer service.

I started out as a file clerk delivering files as requested and moved up as I learned. Now I manage 3 offices and mentor many supervisors within the firm. Helped emplament new database and trained many staff members with in the firm.
Pros
good people
Cons
travel
Productive and great place to work.
Case Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very motivated and encouraging. A typical day at work was productive always busy with new tasks and learning new things on the daily. I learned E-filing and scanning it was interesting and I'd like to work with these tasks again.
Pros
Free coffee