DLA Employee Reviews

Work in process Control Area
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2015
Great company to work for. DLA does what it takes to support the war fighter accurately and safely. Friendly and professional atmosphere. Implemented schedules to accommodate all employees and student.
Poor supervisor
Document Scanner Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red River Army Depot, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Supervisor does not work in the same city as you
Supervisor does not know what the job does or requires
We have to educate her on what needs to be done
Pay is good
Supervisor would make you want to quit due to her lack of knowledge and poor attitude
Metrics, Projects, and Presentations
Technical Program Manager Premier Analysis (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 25, 2015
Working for Premier Analysis at DLA Richmond has provided an opportunity to learn more about government operations, while working with many senior leaders. Metrics and tracking project and work assignment for the staff is an important part of the job. Additionally, a significant amount of time is dedicated to building presentations based on these projects, and daily operations for the directors and commanders. These presentations serve to show our progression, and to provide the information needed for command level decisions.
My day at the dla
Level 1 technician (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 6, 2015
In the morning, I solve problems that come up in the DLA. In the afternoon I do quality controls so make sure other agents keep to the high standers of the DLA.
Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  .January 21, 2015
DLA product offering in 2013:
- 3 linear channels: Concert Channel, Mix Play and Rush
- VOD and PPV
- OTT product: Claro video
Easy working environment
Executive Assistant to CEO & CFO (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2014
Nice coworkers. Easy working environment. Modern office facility.
My workplace and the enjoyment
LeadMan Supervisor/Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Dealing with different people, Loading and unloading trucks and it was an experience learning about so much military equipment.. The hardest part was learning where current parts of the equipment went at in certain parts of the Country. But after a week it was a piece of cake
Laid back Facility
Senior Lead Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2014
Good Company to work for overall.
Management can have some issue
Great place to work,
Material Examiner & Identifier (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 9, 2013
Working for the government was the perfect job, set hours with the advancement and constant education. Plenty of overtime sometimes mandatory, but more often volunteered,
typical day was spent processing material, operating forklift and new challenges.
Management was great, helpful and very cooperative
My co workers were great and always willing to lend a hand, The hardest part of our job was dealing with classified material if it came in and proper handling procedures As far as the most enjoyable part of my job was everything, There was honestly no part of this job I disliked
Pros
great hours, and bennefits
Cons
having to leave government service due to military injury and fmla running out
A great place to learn about all the different gov.agencies
Material Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 21, 2013
working with high and low classified government products and material.
Personnel - Human Resources
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2013
Long hours, worked in the Personnel office; the most enjoyable thing about this job was the pay. On a daily basis, handled recruitment and job placement for different departments. I got this job right after I graduated from college. I moved around different departments within the Personnel shop; call center, employee relations and employee worker's compensation
Like the place
WG06-05 Packer (Current Employee) –  New Cumberland, PAAugust 15, 2013
Hardest part of my job is the people that don't want to do their part. Which is working which they seem to forget.
Pros
n/a
Government facility
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2013
Federal Government workplace fostering diversity. Human Resource management lacks disciplinary measures to increase efficiency and productivity of daily work loads depriving taxpayers of maximum results.
Excellent
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2013
U typically run backorder listing, start looking for vendors and suppliers that have the parts on hand and I attempt to purchase the ones that I need. I have learned a lot about purchasing and forecasting suppliies. Management is great, coworkers are excellent. The hardest part of the job is getting the correct paperwork from the suppliers so that purchases can be executed.
Pros
insurance, retirement, vacation
good place to work for, good chance to move up.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 9, 2013
re-warhousesing material on a daily basis, prepare meals for the troops. Co-workers very hard workers and dedicated.
NICE BENEFITS.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 6, 2013
Nice benefits, employees was nice some. It is the government
Pros
work was easy
Cons
poor managenment
accepting new challenges
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Cumberland, PASeptember 12, 2012
Resolved conflicts and clarified information. Conducted invetory control and accountability activities when variations in documentation processing was required. Provided guidance, training and assistance in job techiques, procededures to co-workers as requested by supervisor.
Pros
rewards for excellance
Cons
extreme safety measures a first
Great Company and Environment
Broker Telecommunications/Energy (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 22, 2012
Contacting new customers for services, helping other Independent Business Owners with their businesses.
People skills
Management skills
Calling new customers
Interacting with People
Pros
residual income
Cons
no guaranteed check each week
Been An Outstanding 38.5 years!!
Disposition Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 9, 2012
I have been very lucky, started as a wage grade (WG-05), was able to take logistics courses and travel the world while working for DLA.
Pros
great promotion opportunities.
Cons
they lost sight of what our primary mission - logistics (supply/warehousing)
Supply Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2012
I learned alot from being in supply. I had contacts with receiving, warehouse, engineers, planning, operating office. I had contact with manufacturers, contractors and maintenance production shops. I really liked my job for it was supporting the US Warfighter. Wonderful job.