DLH Employee Reviews

Exercise in frustration
Pharmacy Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 30, 2017
Working for DLH was constantly frustrating, because lack of training was given to new employees. This caused stress for the employees and made for extreme turn over.
Pros
weekly pay check and the hours were good for single parents
Cons
Never given a raise or opportunity for advancement.
Not a great place to work if you're a dlh contractor
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 11, 2017
Haven't had a raise in almost 9 years, management isn't pleasant, benefits aren't that great. Don't recommend that you leave a good job or position for this place of employment.
Pros
If you were to start today, your starting pay will be the same as someone that worked there for years with years of experience
Cons
Haven't had a raise in almost 9 years
Straight forward
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Job is 6 am to 2:30 pm with health/vision and dental benefits. Lunch 30 minutes along with two 15 minute breaks (feels shorter due to distance of doors/chairs/tables from our workstations.) It's usually M-F unless mandatory overtime is needed and we work Saturdays which they'll let you know by Wednesday. Management could be better, wish the job was more flexible and parking was better. It's pretty micromanaged and unfortunately coming in you can tell the difference between staffed and contract workers. The work is pretty straight forward, repetitive and boring, but as long as you come in and do your job you're set.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Parking, distance from work area to break place, hard to get time off
Ok place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2017
Easy work days but management could be a lot better
No room for advancement or even pay raise.
Only good thing was the benefits and health insurance was not deducted from paychecks
Pros
Good Schedule
Cons
No room for advancement or raises
Outside contractor.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Outside contractor for the VA CMOP's throughout the country. Had to cover for the federal union employee idiots that decided to call off that morning. DLH employees were the first ones cut and the last to get off. federal union employees are one of the main reasons why our Veterans are receiving such poor care.
Cons
Dealing with federal union idiots.
Longterm pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 27, 2016
I work for DLH for 6 months it was a great company i learn new how to fill different prescription. I Also learn how different medication works. The hours where great.
Dlh
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2016
DLH Solutions is a contract company for the USAF. We really do not have any contact with the employer unless something is needed from them.
i worked with pleasant people
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHOctober 23, 2015
my superviser was wonderful and very helpful. It was a quiet and clean place. All my coworkers were kind and friendly and we could even listen to music at our press.
Pros
it was a clean place
Cons
i wish i was paid more
Serving Veterans
VA Contract Worker/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed this job and was honored to serve our Veterans. I learned to label and pack medicine and products for mail order pharmacy service.
Pros
great hours and good pay
Cons
benefits & policies.
DLH is a decent place but no chance to move up . The place seem to have its favorites and one bad at posting last minute mandtory overtime.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHAugust 17, 2015
Not bad for a job but not a career. The pay seem low for what the company was demanding from the workers. The place need to be more thoughtful of its workers.
Pros
The place had Heat and AC
Cons
too many to list
Very Limited growth and advancement
pharmaraceutical manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 11, 2015
very strict work environment, however it's a good place for veterans to work it is hard to get time off even when requested in advance.
Pros
very laid back dress code
Cons
low pay, disrespectful managers, poor benefits
its a job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 3, 2015
worked there for 6 months enjoyed it but it didnt fit my school schedule so I had to leave so I could go to college i liked all my co-workers
Warehouse
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TxJuly 29, 2015
The job itself was easy, management made the job difficult and more complex then it had to be. They would speak to employees as if they were below them, promote whomever they wanted without giving others the opportunity to apply for positions. Last minute overtime and no regard to your personal life.
Pros
early shift
Cons
short lunch and breaks
N/a
Packer Shipper (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILJuly 7, 2015
Great Pay really takes a toll on your life outside of work. Hours and leadership is a damper but is expected. Looking for a better career opportunity
DLH is a private Co, that contracts with the Federal Gov,- most employees work at the Mail Order PharCustomer Service , People Skills, Detail Oriented
H,R, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work : Enter New Hire info into the payroll system, direct deposit, tax forms, benefits.

Assist Employees with Benefits, who lost their cards, didn't receive an insurance card, etc.

I work in a office with 12 people 2 males, 10 Females. I enjoy working with all of my Co-Workers.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the contracts, as far as the DO's & Don'ts.

The most enjoyable part of the job, I like learning new tasks, helping people, and pushing paperwork.
Pros
Flexible/Friendly working environment, short Commute.
Cons
No Cons at this time
Great Schedule
PHARMACEUTICAL RECEIVING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  North Charleston SCDecember 22, 2014
This is a great place to use as a stepping stone for anyone wanting to work and accomplish something more.
Management is ALWAYS on your back and your job is always being threatened by someone. The environment is very much like high school worked here for 2 years and experienced a pay decrease. Absolutely NO bonuses are awarded and there is ZERO opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good Schedule/ Pay Weekly
Cons
During Holidays Work weekends/ Poor Management skills
Very uncomprimising work conditions for people with medical conditions.
Shipper/ Packer ; Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Hines, ILDecember 4, 2014
Your day starts with you coming in and cleaning your work station after the previous. You learn to communicate with you co-workers, ask for help when needed and to package label and ship all different forms of medication. The hardest part is the standing all day. The best part is the diversity.
Pros
The 16.88 per hour
Cons
The manangement are particularlly harsh.
great pay and benefits
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2014
this job provides great pay and benefits. the opportunity for advancement is low without prior federal employment knowledge but over all the environment is steady and not complicated.
Pros
steady work and product knowledge coaching
Cons
short breaks, some inconsistent staff, noisy work environment
Productive with climate control and knowing you're helping VA vets with their medication.
SHIPPER PACKER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 22, 2014
The job was very repetitive and sometimes boring like an average production line. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
Pros
Climate control and was provided chairs to operate.
Cons
Boring and repetitious.
productive fast environment
shipping and Packing (Current Employee) –  Hines, ILNovember 2, 2013
A typical day would be to Pack prescriptions for veterans across the u.s. My co-workers are not the greatest but manageable. Management is inconsistent throughout the week on daily task. The hardest part of the job would be to stand for 7 hrs a day. The most enjoyable part of the day would be the hr lunch.
Pros
hr lunch free health insurance
Cons
no other benefits, no job security, no pay raises