DLZ Employee Reviews

Great
Document Manager/G.I.S. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2016
Thank you for taking time to view my resume! Is your office or city in need of an experienced Engineering Technician, Project Assistant or Database/Document Manager? Would a designer with a combined twenty years of field and office experience increase your production?

My experience involves two areas of employment. For twelve years I was responsible for installing glass systems in high-rise buildings. My involvement in several projects began from the start of the project, such as shop drawings completely through to the final punch lists. Many of these projects are the skyline of Indianapolis today. Buildings such as The Indiana State Museum, The RCA Dome, Conseco Fieldhouse, The Indiana State Office Building, and many others.

After attending college part time while glazing full time, I began working for several different disciplines of engineering including Civil engineering, GIS, Architectural along with City and County Governments. I’ve produced ROW packets, updated plans, calculations and documents by INDOT standards. I’ve assisted county governments in updating their GIS databases. I created documents for Mayors’ of Indianapolis to use during their Mayors’ Night Out meetings. I volunteered for events to educate children on engineering principles and was pleased to work with Crossroads of Indiana to mentor and train a young man with Autism who was accepted for a position at the City of Indianapolis’ Department of Public Works.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet with yourself or your staff and learn more about the projects you are currently working
  more... on. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

James E. Snouffer
No Comment
Instrument man/ Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJanuary 14, 2014
There isn't much I like to say about the company.
It is a job I have had for the past 14 years.
a strees free work place
Tech Engineer, Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INMay 29, 2013
A stress free work place with the ability to advance.Work is side so being able to adapt to weather and job site conditions is a must.
Negative work environment, little incentive for hard effort, very unethical, harassing management, ethnic bias.
Electrical Designer II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 31, 2012
I don't have a lot to say good about this company. I worked there for almost 5 years only becaue it was very close to home. Harassment, ethnic bias, and unprofessional conduct are an every day occurance.
Pros
flex time, vacation carries over to the following years.
Cons
the upper regime controls everything entirely and harrasses people sexually, there is no incentive for a hard working engineer to be diligent while being harassed, hours can regulary exceed 60+ and 50+ per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DLZ. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7