DM BURR GROUP Employee Reviews

Horrible!!!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIFebruary 9, 2018
I worked for dm burr for 2 in a half years management horrible!! Leads are horrible and supervisors horrible don't work for this company it's a dead end!!!!!
Pros
Not good
Cons
Not good
Awful management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Goodrich, MIFebruary 8, 2018
The job it’s self isn’t a bad job at all. I actually really enjoyed it, but the supervisor was the complete worst. Always lying and complaining about things that didn’t get done but never attempted to help out. if she got fired and they got somebody new in there i would gladly return. In the month and a half i worked there they’ve lost 7 people including myself due to the supervisor thinking she’s somebody special and treating her employees like garbage.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Awful supervisor
Dm burr group
Custodian (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 4, 2018
Great company to work for, fair and understanding company to work for. Fast paced at times, relaxed at others. Fair pay. Caring and team work co workers
Great environment with the right attitude
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIDecember 24, 2017
I currently am a Lead custodian at Lake Orion schools. It is a great company to work for. With good work ethic and a positive attitude your hard work does not go unnoticed. Your coworkers are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. As long as you are willing to complete any task at hand there is room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Great coworkers, health insurance, weekends off, overtime, decent wages, good work environment.
Cons
Management tends to be a little relaxed on communication but it is getting better
productive workplace
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 19, 2017
I enjoy customer service. I get alone with everyone. I am a fast paste worker. Very reliable and dependable. I have with my current job for 5 yrs. I have learned a lot.
Not worth it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MINovember 15, 2017
I would never advise anyone to work for this cheap company. Workers are treated very bad and are paid horribly. The principle at one of the elementry school sites is known to constantly yell at the custodians and berate them. There were numerous occasions when this was reported. Upper management doesn't care about their custodians overall safety or general well being. If you don't mind being worked like a dog, recieving screwed up pay checks, or treated like you were scum, then just go right ahead and apply. You'll most certainly regret it.
Pros
Cons
High and useless healthcare, low pay, overworked
Its a Job
Custodian/ Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2017
The pay can always be higher but with cleaning jobs its typical to be under paid. But if you need a job to hold you over go ahead and apply but dont get comfortable. Trust!
Pros
Gift cards on thanksgiving
Cons
Medical insurance super high, poorly managed with lazy coworkers
Horrible
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2017
Employees are treated very bad. They hide problems from the customers. Theft is a HUGE problem. Never discipline problem employees. Moved employees arrested for smoking pot (on school grounds) from a high school to an elementary school.
Pros
Teachers and students
Cons
Everything else
Horrible company to work for
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIMay 27, 2017
Long hours and always moving you without asking if you want to be moved to another location. Also the company will throw you under the bus and not back you up or even tal to you about what happened they only care about them selves. Also there is no room for advancement or any pay raise I was there a Lil under a year and never seen a raise.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible management in head office
DM Burr
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  River Rouge, MIMay 26, 2017
DM was a great place to work I got a chance to work around many different ages of kids and other people as well I had a great experience there and I would go back.

Want to know more about DM BURR GROUP?

Ask a question
The kids made the environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIMay 19, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Really enjoyed the kids and the teachers. The hardest part of the job was working around extra activities while still trying to get everything done.
Fun place to be
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIMay 4, 2017
Teachers treating me really good and students always made be laugh work is not equal to the pay I did matiance job because if I didn't fix it it would not of got done.
Pros
Great staff at the school
Cons
Benefits suck and so does office personnel
Productive, nice people
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work at the DM Burr would be going straight to my desk and calling customers for pre-employment, reference checks, criminal background checks, and fingerprint appointments.
Pros
People would bring sweets on Friday's
Cons
Short breaks
terrible company
custodian (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 15, 2017
the worst company I have ever worked for. leaving dm burr felt like I was serving time and I got my freedom. no promotions, barely any benefits, treated terribly, and pay was a joke.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
managers, too much to do for little pay
Fun working with them
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 14, 2017
They're a good employer to work for, they offer benefits and raises. They placed us at Lake Trust downtown Lansing the employees there are very friendly.
Was happy to work their until
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Clio, MIApril 9, 2017
Worked for DM Burr , wasn't a bad company until I learned that you don't get trained just thrown in , they also have no room for advancement, exspect you to do other employees jobs , even when they aren't , I was transfers to another place of employment I wasn't asked if it worked for me walked in and was told , they are also good for gossips can't trust other employees , I quit to much drama for a place of employment
Pros
Always get your hours
Cons
no room for advancement, get transfers without being asked or if it works for you
No beniefits offered.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 2, 2017
There is no team work in the work place. Constant clashing of co workers. No benifits are offered and no holiday pay. Would not recommend this job.
Lots of hours, lots of driving, somewhere different every day/week
Corporate Floater (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 24, 2017
As a floater, you get sent a different place every day or every week. $11 an hour isn't enough to compensate for the work that you do. No benefits except for the 40 hours of unpaid pro-rated personal time. Floaters are not considered full-time, even though we work 45 hours a week minimum (not including drive time- which you are paid for).
Drive time is a plus, you do get a lot of overtime as a floater, but the hours aren't worth it.
Productive and fun but very unsafe.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 19, 2016
This is a good company to work for but unsafe security is not being tooken serious pay is ok depending on what you do people are nice.
Pros
You can leave for lunch
Cons
Not safe, where i was assigned was unsafe
Cool place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 19, 2016
It's a okay work place the staff is nice and cool and they are understanding to the needs you have and if you have a family issue they give you all the hours you can handle and have good pay
Pros
Lunch