DMC

DMC Employer Reviews

Fair wages
HIM processor II (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: security
Cons: wages
Wages are not at National levels for most hourly employees.
Crime rates are an issue.

I have a great Supervisor who has attempted for five years to get our job description changed.
Good teaching environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: good learning environment
Cons: no advancement
Experience is good, staff was small, no room for advancement.
productive
Data collector (Former Employee), non productiveApril 30, 2014
good management, people are friendly, earned laboratory practicals experience and little salary
joyful workplace, some normal stress moments
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kearny, NJApril 4, 2014
Pros: good workplace
Cons: salary
Starting the day: answer customers emails, prioritizing projects in level of importance
The most rewarding part of my job is to achieve sales goals and solve any difficulties during sales transactions. Maintain the best possible relationship with both customers and co-workers. Expand my knowledge every day.
Detroit Medical Center Environment
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Every day is an learning experience at Detroit Medical Center. I learn about different laboratory tests and how to work different machines. And how you have to do one test before you can do another so the test will come back accurate. Working with different people from different background is a learning experience and very interesting. I love how my – more... management operate as a team. The hardest part of my job is making sure that everything u do is accurate. Because we are dealing with people live and u cant forget any step when processing they lab work. The most thing I enjoy is my co-worker. They know how to keep me on my feet with my outside life and I enjoyable that.. – less
From a garage to a full service destination provider
Account Executive (Former Employee), PRJanuary 17, 2014
Great father/son enterprise started from a garage that grew into a full service provider for Conventions and Incentive groups of 2000+ at any given. We serviced all major Resorts in Puerto Rico.
Great people
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Racine, WIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: no room to grow
great work environment however there is no room to advance and their are a fe people that really hate their jobs… and you may grow tired of listening to them. I for one loved it!
Good Overall
Nurse RN (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2013
Pros: medical insurance, dental, health, benefits
Cons: management not so good
A typical day at work was hard , But I had good coworkers and the most enjoyable part was helping the patients.
typical daily work
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 15, 2013
Pros: good team work and learning experience
Cons: too much work at that period
too much work and responsibilities during my training period.
make me a better person to cope with stress. great place to learn.
Hardworking facility with employers trying to give the best patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2013
Sinai Hospital was a very hardworking facility that worked to provide the best patient care. I learned a lot of my skills from this hospital and with it being a teaching school they taught me a lot as a nurse. My coworkers were able to help when needed. Hardest part about the job was being short staffed, but the employees were there to help when needed.
Productive work environment
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 20, 2013
Pros: i am able to work 40 hours.
Cons: i did not apply for this position. i was transferred due to hospital cut backs
A typical day as a housekeeping aide includes cleaning regular discharged, labor and delivery and the operating room. Also I clean various areas of the hospital such as the lobby and waiting areas and sometimes the emergency department. I have learned that working in the evironmental services department is very important. I have to make sure the beds – more... are clean and free of bacteria to prevent further illness for the new patient.

The hardest part of being a housekeeping aide is the physical aspect of the job. I sometimes have to move around beds and other equipment.

The enjoyable part of my job is assisting my coworkers when needed. Also assisting patients if they need their nurse or just a cup of water. In addition, I get to interact with a variety of people everyday. – less
Depending on hospital can be very stressful
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 19, 2013
Pros: experience in trauma medical setting
Cons: too much favoritism
The hospital overall is not very employee friendly. If you did not agree with manager there could be problems. Pressured to get in work drama and sometimes punished if you do not.
nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 12, 2013
i like to work and help other people.the co workers is very nice .
Nursing Home Outreach
Phlebotomist - Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MichiganApril 30, 2013
Pros: every pay period all employees receive time off in the cto bank according to years of services.
Cons: paid time of to use for sick, vacation and personal time.
The company provides medical services for the community nursing home facilities. Performing blood draws, daily routine and stat draws for patient in rehabilitation and nursing facilities To be an effective listener and understand the need of the patient. Successful outcomes result from support of management and team work in the workplace. Team player, – more... encourage and listen to co-workers. The hardest part of the job is lifting and bending. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. – less
A learning experience
Patient Access Representative (1) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2013
Cons: no lunch breaks at times.
I learned alot working there. It was very fast paced but no room for growth and opportunity.
Excelent
Business Development (Current Employee), LisbonMarch 2, 2013
Excelent place to work. Vibration analysis. Good managment. Excelent co-workers. Nice to develop competences.
Great Job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 13, 2013
D.M.C is full of great people .Working day to day felt more like fun than work.
Dietary Tenchnican Day at DMC
Dietary Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MichiganJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: in the food service department we receive discount on our food.
Cons: i wish managment would treat employee as adult then children sometime.
As Dietary Technican I cross train enoumerous in the kitchen, I may be schedule to work in one position to serve the CTY Associate, are employee who serve the patients for 12 hours. However, if there is a call in management will delegate another position for me to fill in that day. I learned working in the food serve department it good to know varies – more... of task in the kitchen.

Management sometime appreciate their employees, management team may do something special for their employees.

Consquently, it was difficult to work with some of my co-workers for a while therefore, some of the co-workers come to work and take their problems out on their co-worker who is serving them and trying to make their day more easier, to take care of the paitents.

The most diffcult part of my job is been delegate to other jobs and their are other employee who are able to do the job, therefore management pull me all the time. In additional what I enjoy the most of my job is listening to patients that say the food is good and you gave me great service today, that what make my day in the food service department. – less
Fast pasing work place with a lot of critical thinking
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 18, 2012
Pros: there is something different everyday
Cons: patients can be very mean and uncooperative
Work starts out fast when i get in. Most days the ER is very busy for the first part of my 10 hr shift. Then i will check the OR board for any case that call for a C-arm.
I work well with others and some times during the day it might take 2 techs to do a patient.
The hardest part of the job is working with patients that just don't want any help. The – more... best part of my day is when i do get a patient that is very grateful and understanding – less
GREAT place of professional and diverse people
Customer Service Representative/Buyer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2012
Morning job where everybody's happy
I learned customer sevice experience as well as great advice for my future.
The management there was a great team well thought out and put together they are straight forward and have nice personalities.
We all worked together when needed, and they backed one another up.
The hardest part was... it wasnt hard it was – more... all about professionalism and how well you conduct yourself in a public enviornment.
My favorite part had to be.. standing next to th ebig bosses and meeting new people every few minutes apart. – less

About DMC

DataMirror (Nasdaq: DMCX; - News; TSX: DMC - News), a leading provider of real-time data integration, protection and java database – Read more