DMV

DMV Employer Reviews

Fun environment to work in
Clerk (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on cars purchased
Cons: company was being sold
This was a car dealership that I worked at so we registered all new & used vehicles. Mornings were slow but as day progressed it got busy. Long lines trying to register vehicles but job kept me busy. My co-workers were very pleasant, we had a very small office, we all were very close. Hardest part of this job I think was waiting for new plates to come – more... in, customers would constantly call wanting there plates even though they were told it took 3 weeks...hahaha. But always a fun place to work. – less
Firstreal job
Temp (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2014
Pros: worked with friendand that it was only temp
Cons: to stressful
Very fast paced, very rude people and stressful people wanted perfect pitures
n/a
Teacher (Former Employee), 2415 1st Avenue Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
n/a

Over all, a good company. However, due to it being a non profit, and solely depending on donations, the company is very challenged in being able to keep it's doors open financial, and meet the needs of the children, parents, and staff.

They had to let me go--due to lack of finances. And, closed down my classroom, in the blink of an eye. They moved – more... my four children to other classrooms, and that was that.

Was so sad to have to go!

Too many Teachers, and not enough children in early childhood education...very common now days! – less
a regular day
OPS Clerk (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: co-workers were like family
Cons: not a busy atmopshere
I filed work and made copies of documents if needed. i looked up different things on the computer if they needed me to do it as well.
lack of hours
Customer service specialist, cash drawer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: meeting nice people and loved my job
Cons: lack of hours
was private vendor inside of our DMV main office and when state workerswas loosing jobs private buisness owner was loosing money for his buisness.
DMV(S) Review
Co-founder (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 4, 2013
Pros: its a group of successful young professionals hosting events, and networking.
Cons: it was a time consuming process creating the network we currently have.
This was a group founded by 5 young professional seeking a group to host events and network. We have assisted many local and international NGOs by revamping their events. We work with a large network of professionals and give NGO's a large platform to spread their mission statements.
high productions
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 13, 2013
Pros: lucheons
Cons: no benefits for temporary personnel
verify police accident reports, or State Troopers. I have learned how to do police reports.learned a new system that went into place.
since I was a temp, I don't know to much about management.
I enjoyed working with the co-workers. hardest part. trying to maintain 12,000 keystrokes per hour, when the system went down
Senior Mainframe Analyst
Senior Mainframe Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2013
• Study DMV’s business process to ascertain the needs in computer applications.
• Analyze system requirements for new applications.
• Analyze existing software systems and the impact and compatibility of new features.
• Develop technical and functional requirements and specifications.
• Assist in the design of systems architecture.
• Prepare work flow – more... chart and diagram to illustrate sequence of steps of programming.
• Design and develop components, modules, and features.
• Upgrade and enhance existing systems.
• Observe display screen and print output to detect syntax or logical errors for software test.
• Develop test plans.
• Use diagnostic software to detect errors.
• Participate in business requirements and design meetings with DVM. – less
Busy HQ Office
Motor Vehicle Field Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 6, 2012
Pros: helping customers.
Cons: pay for the job/work we do.
A very busy office!! We handled DUI hearings, Physical and Mental cases, Police/Field Office/Doctor and other referrals for re-examinations. 4 hours you handle incoming calls and the other 4 you work on cases assigned. Mailing docs, making phone calls, inputting information received into the computer system.
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: had to work on sat.
customer service is a good line of work, dealing with the public is good. The ladies I worked with were like a big family.
Political Position
Tag & Title Clerk II (Former Employee), Milton, FL 32570September 26, 2012
Pros: insuarance & retirement
Cons: inempt management & upper level supervisors
County & Local Politics abound
I will not work in local government capacity again if I can help or avoid it.
very productive
Secretary of State (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2012
a typical day at the secretary of state is productive very well organized and fast-paste. i learned how to interact more with large amounts of people and i developed customer service skills. my co-workers were fun to be around and very funny.
Very stressful place to work
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee), Altavista, VAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: they paid for your lunch 1 time a year
Cons: very stressful, no opportunity for advancement, stuck at your desk all day, can't use the bathroom when you need to, you can only use it on your break and lunches.
A typical day at work would include logging into your phone at the start of your shift and take phone calls the entire day. The management there was awful. Actually, this is the reason I left.
The hardest part of the day is trying not to let the customer's name calling and cursing get to you. The most enjoyable part of the day was your breaks, lunches – more... and end of shift. – less
retail working with customers
Motor Vehicle Field Rep (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 13, 2012
great place to work,
moderate stress level
must be customer oriented
knowledge with automotive material is a plus
Stressful environment
Clerk/Control Cashier (Former Employee), Hollywood CaMarch 24, 2012
Pros: steady work, with health coverage including vision and dental
Cons: stress, lack of financial incentives
Open office, make change for clerks, accept clerks cash/check for prior days work. Prepare band deposits. verify accuracy of precious days work to money collected balance office. work with customers applying for drivers license or Identification cards, make change foe other clerks, take photos for drivers license and ID cards. Close office. and repeat
Very busy, non-stop work environment.
Title Clerk (Former Employee), New Castle, DEMarch 10, 2012
Pros: was able to work closely with the manager.
Cons: being moved to several different departments.
I enjoyed my time working at the DMV. At times it could be overwhelming due to being moved from several departments throughout the day, but I really liked interacting with all the customers.
good
Researcher (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 27, 2013
Nice work. good company and easy to work. uploading news into products. hardest part of the day is attending to client requests. team meetings.
serena vita professionale trascorsa in questa azienda
operaio (Former Employee), venetoJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: buoni pasto e turni gradevoli
ho scoperto la mia predisposizione al contatto con il pubblico