Do it Best Corp. Employee Reviews

Used to love my job
Back-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 8, 2014
When I started working at DIB Corp. in 2003 I loved it, the culture was positive, the pay was above average, and the management staff was good. But in 2012 the company's focus started to turn and it was a turn for the worst. I am good friends with some of the leadership staff there and none of them want to re-commit to another 18 month term. Once a staff member goes through the stressful position they find that the pay difference doesn't out weigh the mental and physical stress. And lastly the culture has gone from a very family oriented beginning to an extreme big box culture. Some of the great core values that DIB had are going away because the lack of vision of the leaders and corporate office.
Pros
great stepping stone job
Cons
management is contradicting, employees hide 90% work procedures from management because of production demand and safety concerns, management plays favorites obviously
Good learning experience, peaceful environment, and good physical workout
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILNovember 18, 2015
A typical day was 8 to 10 hours I learned about stacking and breaking up rock and learned how to utilize certain things to make places look very nice, my supervisor was stern but laid back at the same time and taught me alot about hard work and making things look very nice while pushing through that hard work, I worked by myself out in the woods most of the time but when my friend did work with me and another employees son, things went well and I was able to lead them, teach them, and help them through the work, the hardest part of the job was lifting and stacking 60 to 80 pound rocks all day long it killed my back but was a very good workout. The m,ost enjoyable part of the job was that I was in the woods where it was beautiful and was doing something I am very interested and inspired to do.
Pros
Free Lunches, Hour long breaks, good hours and money
Cons
Very heavy lifting all day long
Do it Best corp. was a nice place to work.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 20, 2015
All employees were nice and that created a pleasant work environment. And I sold a lot of hardware items to a lot of different people.
Pros
Was able to meet alot of different people.
Cons
Because of business we never had timme for break.

4.3