Do it Best Corp. Employee Reviews

Easy to make money at do it best
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 17, 2017
Reson why I like working at Do it best is that its an easy job. Also I get out early so I can enjoy my personal life. I love my boss because he can give me more hours I need it.
Pros
get out of work early also free stuff
Cons
its hot sometimes
Fast Paced and Easy
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 27, 2017
It's a good place for anyone to start off and gain experience in the work force. The people are somewhat friendly. The managers aren't really involved much with the workers as in having personal meetings to review and improve your work. I enjoy working here, but I don't see myself retiring here.
Pros
Good benefits, profit sharing, productivity bonuses, event
Cons
5AM start time, constant movement, labor
fast paced
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOSeptember 14, 2017
takes a while to get full time, managers pick who they like, but overall great money! very fast paced and the employees try to work together to get done and finish everyday on time.
Great coworkers, iffy management
Runner (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 22, 2017
For the most part, I loved working there. The people I worked with were always nice and easy to get along with. The only downside was my boss' habit of randomly cutting hours and forgetting to tell the employees their hours were cut before they arrived.
Pros
Great regular customers
Cons
No chance for over time
What a joke.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 13, 2017
This place is horrible. Unless your friends with/ dating a manager, you can and will be fired. The over time is INSANE!!! You will work looooong hard hours while management stays in their offices talking on the phone to family and each other. The managers regularly let you know you are easily replaced and actually ENCOURAGE you to quit.
Pros
Money
Fun Place to Work
Safety Internship (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 6, 2017
It was fun to get up and go to work everyday, with people that wanted the same thing as everyone else to go to work and go home at the end of the day. Safety was and should be a big deal at Do It Best
Horrible
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Deale, MDMarch 27, 2017
This is the WORSE place to work. . Youll be full time but only be getting 24 hours a week. Managers over step their line when they get in your face. Not organizated.
productive and fun place to work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMarch 9, 2017
great environment, all staff are willing to help when needed. fast pace work environment but so fun. its easy to catch on and everyone is so nice. so many things to do so it never gets boring or old.
people where great management was very bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMarch 9, 2017
stock, replenish, load, unload The people where a lot of fun. Management was very bad and didn't care about the workers just themselves. They had no idea of what the worker did and a lot of times the workers would correct management. To many made up jobs for people in management that either dated or where living with other management. The over all place was very dirty and was very unsafe.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
managers needed to be more involved
Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, WIMarch 9, 2017
Very fun, relaxed environment. It is calm and the management is amazing and willing to work with you! Easy systems to learn. While I knew little of hardware staff was very willing to teach and explain things well.
Pros
Calm, kind envornment
Cons
Scheduling inconsistant
Great work place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVMarch 3, 2017
Loved working here. Great environment, good hard work, fast pace, great pay.
However, being a hardware warehouse the physical requirements are tougher than they like to admit. Where job descriptions say "often lifting 30-50lbs" when in reality it's more like 50-75lbs. Very fast paced and physically challenging.
Pros
Awesome environment, great pay
Cons
Exhaustive work, high risk for injury
Great management and good money
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Good money and good management. Fun work environment and time flies. Decent hours and good benefits. A lot of labor and standing on your feet. Great stepping stone.
Boring, conservative and low energy work place, I would give it a zero if I could
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work would entail talking on the phone to store owners who are referred to as members. Systems and software were very outdated so it was hard to accomplish anything.

I learned that you should trust your instincts and that companies and people can convince you they are something they are not. For example, I was told this company has a great culture and people are energetic. The culture is terrible and the people are only energetic if compared to a nursing home.

My direct manager was not around much, he claimed to be "very busy". Aside from the help from the people on my team, who are very talented, I did not have any direction or training for my position. On the first day instead of showing me where to find the bathroom, one of the first things we learned about was how to respond to an active shooter. I think I am more likely to need to use the restroom in a day that encounter an active shooter.

Management is almost all male and many of the higher level executives are exclusive in socializing and eating lunch together in a group. I believe there is a very large disconnect between what the people on the ground think vs what the management team thinks. The company is very concerned about safety for some reason, maybe because the employees are so much older than the average workplace. There was a huge focus on safety and topics that are unusual for an office building. Personally, I would like to have seen more of a focus on training than protecting yourself from tripping while walking.

A few co-workers were nice. There are a small number of employees
  more... who are under the age of 50. Not a lot of young people, new blood or energy. This is a place that does things "how it has always been done" and is not looking to modernize in any way.

The hardest part of the job was coming to a place every day that you hate with people you have nothing in common with. It is also difficult to work in an old, dirty building with no windows that feels like a prison.

I enjoyed being in member stores and working with them. The most I learned about the business was while visiting stores and seeing their challenges first hand.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Conservative, strict, boring, uninspiring, no leadership, no career development, behind the times
Overall if u are perfect u may make the hire to retire
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVMay 12, 2016
Great benefits, good working hours. Management could use some restructure with the hire to retire saying.. if u make to many mistakes and they dont have the man power to help u succeed your fired..Not putting all the blame on them some was my fault but i have never worked for a company tht said your a great worker and very smart. we dont tranfer ppl to a different position where u may succeed. we are just gonna fire u..was really looking foward to retirement from a company just not this one i guess..Employees in the warehouse are great and very helpful..
Pros
Employees great to work with
Cons
Hot working Environment
I enjoyed the enviroment and the good morale of co-workers
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 31, 2015
I would go in and start my work pulling orders and filling them. I learned endurance and patience. The management was okay, like in any company we had some good supervisors and some not so good. For the most part it was okay. Enjoyed my co-workers made some new friends among them. The hardest part of job was the hot warehouse. The most enjoyable was the work itself. It gave me a purpose. I always worked hard to reach my quota.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hot warehouse. NO air-condition
Do it Best corp. was a nice place to work.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 20, 2015
All employees were nice and that created a pleasant work environment. And I sold a lot of hardware items to a lot of different people.
Pros
Was able to meet alot of different people.
Cons
Because of business we never had timme for break.
Good learning experience, peaceful environment, and good physical workout
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILNovember 18, 2015
A typical day was 8 to 10 hours I learned about stacking and breaking up rock and learned how to utilize certain things to make places look very nice, my supervisor was stern but laid back at the same time and taught me alot about hard work and making things look very nice while pushing through that hard work, I worked by myself out in the woods most of the time but when my friend did work with me and another employees son, things went well and I was able to lead them, teach them, and help them through the work, the hardest part of the job was lifting and stacking 60 to 80 pound rocks all day long it killed my back but was a very good workout. The m,ost enjoyable part of the job was that I was in the woods where it was beautiful and was doing something I am very interested and inspired to do.
Pros
Free Lunches, Hour long breaks, good hours and money
Cons
Very heavy lifting all day long
Used to love my job
Back-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 8, 2014
When I started working at DIB Corp. in 2003 I loved it, the culture was positive, the pay was above average, and the management staff was good. But in 2012 the company's focus started to turn and it was a turn for the worst. I am good friends with some of the leadership staff there and none of them want to re-commit to another 18 month term. Once a staff member goes through the stressful position they find that the pay difference doesn't out weigh the mental and physical stress. And lastly the culture has gone from a very family oriented beginning to an extreme big box culture. Some of the great core values that DIB had are going away because the lack of vision of the leaders and corporate office.
Pros
Great stepping stone job
Cons
Management is contradicting, Employees hide 90% work procedures from management because of production demand and safety concerns, Management plays favorites obviously