Dobler Consulting, a leader in Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server database support services, Sybase System Integrator and SAP Service Partner for Fortune 500 companies as well as Small and Midsize Business (SMB) in the United States, seeks a Sybase IQ DBA to join their team.
- Implementing and maintaining Sybase IQ systems at client sites
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of Sybase IQ systems at client sites
- Supporting the design of physical relational and dimensional data models at client sites
- Upgrading existing Sybase IQ systems to Sybase IQ 15.4 at client sites
- Dynamic work environment with challenging project assignments
- Great benefits
- Competitive salary
- A support net of highly experienced Sybase experts
Although this is a travel extensive position, there are opportunities to work remotely, depending on the client requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing
- 3+ years of experience using Sybase IQ
- Experience with Informatica ETL a plus
- Experience with MicroStrategy a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong communication skills
Peter Dobler founded Dobler Consulting, Inc. in 2000 to provide database computer services to the SMB marketplace, as well as Fortune 500 clients. Peter is an accomplished IT database professional who "makes a difference" by improving database efficiencies and reducing costs. His 25-plus years in technology started in Basle, Switzerland in 1985.
Peter's close connection with Sybase began while he was Director of Database Technology at the Nielsen Company, in Dunedin, Florida. At Nielsen, Peter implemented the second largest Sybase IQ data warehouse in world at the time.
The Dobler Consulting team, some of whom are former Sybase engineers, have over 100 years of combined Sybase experience. These highly experienced database experts, led by Peter Dobler, manage and deliver database projects to a diverse, nation-wide client base. They use their industry experience, and technical proficiency to offer exceptional customer service, while giving clients a winning combination of design, implementation, and support.
Learn more at http://www.doblerconsulting.com