Dobson Ranch HOA
Part Time Employment
Recreation Facility Staff
Closing date is September 1, 2013. No phone calls. Email resumes or drop off application at La Casita Recreation Center, 2719 S. Reyes, Mesa, AZ 85202. Applications available at www.dobsonranchhoa.com
Purpose: To actively support and upheld the Association’s stated mission.
Supervision: Receives direction from Recreation Manager and/or Recreation Program Coordinator or from other management staff.
Hours: Sunday through Saturday: hours will range between 8:00 am – 10:00 pm. Scheduled hours will vary for a maximum of 32 hours a week.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires three completed years of high school level courses; must be able to lift 40 lbs. requires some customer service experience.
Applicant Requirement: Must obtain current CPR/First Aid Certification within 60 days of hire date.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete a day/nightly checklist daily
- Responsible for the appearance of the front desk
- Organize daily set-up and take down of center: lifting/moving tables, chairs, and boxes.
- Responsible for tickets on hand and cash register
- Ability to express Association guidelines to homeowners and their guests
- Assist center Manager or class instructors with the issuing and collecting of play or programming equipment
- Assist with the recreation activities including acting as leader, in accordance with specific instructions
- Maintains order in restrooms/showers, enforces rules/regulations, including safety rules, regarding the use of the facilities and the pool area
- Be familiar with emergency procedures for pool and Recreation Centers
- Keep recreation center area including buildings and open areas free of trash, papers, etc.
- Empty ash trays and trash cans daily or more often if required
- Responsible for minor repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Responsible to Recreation Director/Supervisor for special maintenance tasks
- May be required to clean restrooms, vending areas, or storage areas upon Recreation Director/Supervisor request
- All other duties as requested by Recreation Director/Supervisor
- Responsible for overseeing recreation classes, facilities, and patrons within common areas.
- Complete/Maintain reports as needed for accidents, pool maintenance, attendance logs, etc.
- Ability to oversee facility by oneself in the evening hours.
- Notification of Recreation Director/Supervisor of any major problem a soon as possible after its occurrence
Examples of Responsibilities: Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Properly open and close facility.
2. Monitoring of area, volleyball court, racquetball area, swimming pool, tennis courts, and parking lots.
3. Pool furniture security.
4. Reserving of facility courts; tennis, racquetball and volleyball
5. Issuing of Dobson Ranch fishing permits and boat decals
6. Communicating with homeowners, in person as well as over the phone.
7. Working the front desk, checking out recreation equipment.
8. Registration of Recreation programs.
9. Serve as recreation program support staff during special events, rental, and summer program.
10. Controlling area and facility lights.
11. Properly sell movie tickets, entertainment books, etc.
12. Distribute and communicate proper forms and information on table and chair rentals, and facility rentals
Selection Criteria: Applicants whose experience and training are most compatible to the needs of the Association may be selected for further testing or interviews.