Doc Popcorn Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 3, 2017
The staff is very friendly and make you feel very comfortable. It is a fun environment to work in when you are interacting with customers. They are very easy going.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
short breaks, not even pay
Loving family business.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2016
I was a manager here as well, I enjoyed who I worked with. I made sure every customer was satisfied with our food and drinks. Very clean, made sure everyone was on tip top shape.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Not organized in staffing and not focused
SALES ASSOIATE (Former Employee) –  oxsford valley, paSeptember 20, 2016
Hired me without telling me it was temporary and then never helped me find another job with the promise of a compensation of helping with another job
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
bad hiring
Working at Doc Popcorn was a wonderful experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 2, 2016
A typical at Doc Popcorn is sometimes a little dull when there are no customers around. I would make a batch of popcorn at certain times of the day to keep that wonderful smell floating around the mall. Interacting with our customers was by far the best part of the job. Greeting people with a smile figuring out what popcorn they wanted. Tins are a great way to make money and if you really find someone who likes popcorn YES I can certainly sell a forty dollar tin of popcorn to them. The learning experience I acquired from Doc Popcorn was how to be a manager. I handled just about everything. I learned how to hire potential employees, manage a facility and workplace and keep it working efficiently. I learned great sales techniques and strategies to up sell a product which can be applied to any scenario. As far as our management goes. I was the acting on site management for most of the time. The franchise owner was a great and respectable man. He believed in his employees and creating a better work place and environment for us would in turn make us better employees. He was right. My co-workers were great people too. The relationships were professional, but we are all humans and let our guard down to have fun and insightful conversations. The friendships that were made as Employees working together only made us a stronger team. The hardest part of my job there was not being in some management possistion it was honestly dealing with customers. The poor angry, sad souls who feel self entitled, and have no understanding what its like work in a retail job. But no matter how upsetting  more... than can be i can still put that smile on my face and serve them with hospitality. Working with my customers. Knowing what they want and what they need. Putting smiles on kids faces by giving them "their very own cup of popcorn." Knowing how to relate to someone very quickly and make them feel comfortable in this always awkward world of ours.  less
Pros
When our daily goal is hit we received a bonus of 20 dollars for whoever worked a shift that day
Cons
short breaks
Popping Popcorn While Making Lifetime Friends
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at Doc Popcorn is making sure the kiosk is clean and everything is ready to be freshly served to customers. Everything is popped fresh, so we do have regular customers who are happy to see our smiling faces and enjoy coming back to our happy environment. I learned how to count money and make sure everything is ready to go for the next day. It is helpful to the opening person when everything is in order. Everyone's responsibility is important to keep the day running smoothly. The employees bond like no other work place I have worked with. I have made life long friends at this job and its truly amazing how well we communicate with each other. The most difficult part about this job is how customers can be difficult. Over all, this is the best job I've ever had.
Great place with wonderful coworkers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
A wonderful place to work. Everyone's nice and the owner is really kind and takes every worker into account when doing anything.
It was a fun experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work was opening up the Kiosk and making and distributing popcorn to customers and having a clean environment.
Was fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 21, 2015
Worked with great people and had fun got to eat popcorn all day. Did not give me any time only got 4 hours once a week and they got rid of me when I asked for more time and the people I worked with also wanted me to have more time. Easy smooth going job would like to still be doing it.
Pros
Free popcorn allday
Cons
No work time.
Perfect for Students and Young adults
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2014
The work environment is easy and stress free and the schedules are very flexible. Perfect for a busy student or young adult looking for a job that provides them with enough free time.
busy
Cashier Sale (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 15, 2014
management was ok..they weren't trying to teach me anything
Interesting place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 30, 2014
I learned how to open and close the kiosk. The co-workers made work a very enjoyable environment.
part time work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 22, 2013
its family business offer 35 hr per week after 2 weeks they not make good sales family start working and offer only 10 to 15 hrs per week
Organic Popcorn Kiosk
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2013
I learned valuable management skills at this job, along with sales techniques.

Pros
Free Popcorn
Cons
No benefits
Great workplace with great employees
Assistant Manager/Cashier/Popcorn Popper (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 19, 2013
A typical day for me would be to walk into the kiosk and clock in. Begin popping popcorn of whichever of our many flavors is low while constantly trying to meet the needs of the customers by fast friendly service. Management is great and so are the group of staff that we have. I quite enjoy the aspect of being busy. The hardest part is just not eating the product. I have enhanced my already good people skills and definitely learned how to multitask a lot better
Pros
fast paced, fun friendly enviroment
Cons
boring during slow months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Doc Popcorn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5