Doctors Community Hospital

Doctors Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to work, Very good and balanced work environment.
RVT Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great work environment.
Cons: None I can think of!
A great place to start a career and move up in the health care field. The manager I worked for was excellent, always willing to help with any problems or concerns, with a "We can fix it attitude". Having a good group of co workers who have strong work ethics..........Priceless! Patient care is what Vascular Ultrasound is all about, this is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is going home.
Productive Work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 2, 2015
A professional working environment , works well with other , my typical day was greeting patients, charge entry and third party medical billing, will work there if there where opened jobs.
Great Work Experience
DPT Terminal Clinical Intern (Former Employee), Lanham, MDApril 20, 2015
Typically 10-12 patients in a day
Learned how to co-treat with an OT
Co-workers were always there when help was needed
Management was very supportive
nice
Medical assistant volunteer (Former Employee), lanhamApril 14, 2015
A typical day was processing medical records for medical staffs and Insurance companies.I learned medical terminology.My management was great keep me Informed of things pertaining to my job.My co-wokers were helpful in area's that was not my job.The hardest part of my job was standing up for hours.The most enjoyable thing about my job was I got to bound with some of the patients.
Productive laid back !!
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 12, 2015
Pros: a
Not a great environment to work
Clinical Physician Educator IT (Former Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: discriminatory practices against people of color.
An Individual's standard of care will not be changed in any work environment, however Doctors Hospital environment does not promote positive interactions.
Small group setting
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: exercise during working hours
Cons: a half an hour lunch isn't long enough
Typical consist of billing, edits to claims for submission, working to reduce the A/R. Working closely with other teams to meet the Patient Accounts goals on a monthly basis.
20 years of Service
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: getting time off when needed.
Cons: working short staffed
I have worked at Doctors Community Hospital going on 20 years.

A typical day at work is always enjoyable and is usually busy with inpatient and out patient Vascular examinations.

Management is very good in the Cardiology Department. Work schedules are done on a monthly basis and getting time off is never a problem as long as the shift can be covered.

The hardest part of the job is when employees come in sick/not feeling well and have to be sent home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help patients everyday.
Productive and reliable staff members
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches up to $7.00
Cons: short breaks for the bathroom
I learned how to communicate with people over the phone, patients and visitors; learned how to manage my time effectively. I learned how to get along with my co-workers when I worked. The hardest part was when you are being left alone and a lot of people come in at the same time to be checked in.
Orthopedic Nursing PRN (Current Employee), Lanham-Seabrook, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: clinical support
Cons: lack of incentive for part time staff
My shift starting with me getting report from outgoing nurse, performing patient assessment, review lab report, identifying critical medical needs and provided healthcare treatment within legal scope of nursing practices and documentation of care. as an orthopedic nurse, my duties include managing fresh post up patient with procedure such hip, knee, laminectomy, discectomy etc., assessing and maintaining pain management along with neurological monitoring, hydration, blood transfusion, wound treatment etc.
I love my team; we support each other and work as a team. The drive on the unit is optimum patient care outcome and good customer service.
I have no difficulty working on this unit because I love what I do, challenges and the need to be the best.
Acute Adult Medical, Surgical Community Hospital
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lanham,Maryland.December 4, 2014
Pros: had reduced meals and emmergency team scheduled always.
Cons: short breaks, worked every order weekend .schedule.
Adult Admission requirements and assessments per hospital protocol and management for Nursing diagnose and Care plans.Transcribe Doctors orders as to specific diets and nothing by mouth.Start Intraveinous infusion line and order the medications from the Pharmacy.Collect specimens and communicate required ordered tests from other Departments.Did pre op prep and teachings for plan surgery and Managed Pain..Documenting and reporting to MDs and incoming staff.
With post ops,I .monitor patients For comfort and record all drainages ,outputs.and dressings.Manitor vital signs are report all abnormality.Initiate Discharge planning.
I worked with different type of Diseases and did alots of peritoneal dialyses and trachiastomy care..We had lots of help and supervision from clinicians ,student nurses,medical .interns and other RN s.
. .
Productive and compassionate workplace.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: cheerful environment to work.
Cons: only one healthcare provider to chose from.
At DCH we believe our responsibility is to the patients we serve. We respect the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and find that compassion is essential to fostering healing and wholeness. My co-workers act with absolute integrity to improve the health of those we serve.
Good place for work.
Surgical PA-C (Current Employee), marylandNovember 14, 2014
Good supporting staff and fun working environment. Plenty administration support. Compensation is lower compared to the current market.
Great Environment Poor Compensation
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
I am a recent college grad, and I have been working for DCH for the past 7 years throughout my college career. Once I obtained my degree I felt that I would finally be paid my worth and receive a position well suited for my degree. Instead I am given a job that offers nothing in terms up opportunity to move up and the compensation was lower than everyone else in the department.
This was a good job where I learned a lot of Plastic Surgery procedures.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 28, 2014
Pros: too far away from home and the pay was low.
Cons: staff were nice to work with.
The staff were very helpful and patient.
I was able to learn a lot.
Productive and Pleasant
Medical Billing and Coding Internship (Current Employee), Lanham-Seabrook, MDMay 27, 2014
Well being that this is an internship, I come in and report to my intern manager first. I am then given specific instructions on what to do, which is mainly assisting other employees. I have obtained various skill so far in Patient registration, Insurance verification, Refunds,Patient demographic information, and basic administrative duties. I have always enjoyed working and learning new skill. The added bonus is that I love what I do.
high work load,expected to stay over for call-ins
former PRN respiratory therapist (Former Employee), respiratoryMay 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor management communication to staff
As a former employee who was let go because I refused to stay over for a co-worker who called out, I fault HR and management for doing a lousy job in retaining key employees.As a PRN employee with no benefits,no vacation or sick time, they expected me to stay over to cover a call out. REALLY? We all have lives away from work!!
professional medical personnel in an aging plant
BMET III (Current Employee), Lanham, MDMay 6, 2014
Pros: fairly nice physical plant, excellent cafeteria
Cons: long commute, little support from hospital employees when requested
I was lead technician in a team of three -- some trouble with staff not having had consistency in Biomedical support. Took time to build trust. A definite aura of exclusion aimed at "contract" personnel. Hospital expects in-house engagement -- at arm's length. Many good people who care for their patients.
Excellent place to work and great staff
Analysis Clerk (Current Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity to advance
Cons: have to travel
Great place to work enjoyed being around the staff, I learned how to multi task and was able to learn computer skills,my supervisor is a good person to work with.
Life @ Doctors
Unidentifible (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJanuary 29, 2014
It was an okay work environment. Not much growth and processes need to be better systemized.

About Doctors Community Hospital

Doctors Community Hospital is an acute care and surgical hospital serving the Washington, DC area. The not-for-profit medical – Read more

Doctors Community Hospital Salaries