Doctors Community Hospital

Doctors Community Hospital Employer Reviews

Life @ Doctors
Unidentifible (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJanuary 29, 2014
It was an okay work environment. Not much growth and processes need to be better systemized.
Rewarding in providing Spiritual Care to those who are in need.
Chaplain I (Former Employee), Lanham, MDNovember 22, 2013
Pros: spiritual care is rewarding serving patients, patient's families and staff.
Cons: the hospital is limited in providing chaplaincy duties.
A typical day at Doctors Community Hospital is providing emotional and spiritual support to patients, patient's families, and staff. I visit, answer to hospital codes, and referrals for patients. The day also includes, administrative duties in providing assistance in building up the Pastoral Care Program. I have learned that a Pastoral Care program – more... is more that just visitation. The healthcare environment requires more attention because it focuses on providing for people's needs. People need spiritual care to help them get through the unexpected time of being ill, sick, and death. I have good relationships with my co-workers who are focused on the same thing what I am focused on, that is providing the best spiritual care for the patients, patient's families and staff at Doctors Community Hospital. Spiritual care is necessary to show compassion, caring, encouragement, and comfort while people go through a time being uncertain and wondering how their life circumstance being sick and getting well will turn out for them. I am a Clinical Certified Chaplain called to provide emotional and spiritual support to those who are in need. – less
Nice environment to grow and learn.
Patient care technician (Current Employee), Lanham, MDOctober 16, 2013
Very supportive of advancements. Very friendly employees. Everyone goes into the industry with the same goal to help others that are less fortunate to help themselves.
Great Environment and friendly staff
Post-Graduate Observership (Former Employee), Lanham-Seabrook, MDSeptember 22, 2013
Hardest part of the job is being able to discern between tissues from one part of the body to the other
Fun place to work. Enjoyed my co-workers
EVS Tech (Former Employee), Lanham, MDAugust 25, 2013
Pros: i liked everything about the hospital
Cons: there was nothing that i did not like
I loved working with the senior citizens with all that was required of me but not limited.
Great people/poor management
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 5, 2013
If you are looking for a great environment of people to work with and know how to keep your head down and mouth closed, this is the place for you. However, if you are looking for an opportunity to advance and think that management is fair, or that the HR department will mediate on your behalf, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
DCH is an old boys network – more... and full of nepotism. – less
Always had to watch your back
Emergency Room Technician (EMT) (Former Employee), Lanham, MDMay 7, 2013
Somedays are good some are bad, management problems wasn't that bad
Fast Pace environment, Very Interpersonal, High Volume of Customer Service
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: fun environment, was able to meet various walks of life, and interact with patients
Cons: short staff, and sometimes required to work countless days of overtime.
Data Entry, which include not limited to: visit logging, patient demographics, communication, and physician orders.Answered multiple phone lines and documented EMS phones calls directed to appropriate caller or contact.Setup Medical air and ground transfers. Prepared and obtain authorizations for PT/OT patients prior too arrival of appointments. Developed – more... and Maintained a working knowledge of all: services and resources provided by the hospital. Directed patients and assisted physicians in urgent care procedures included but not limited to: vitals, specimen processing, blood collection. I learned various hospital functions and procedures. I worked with a excellent team, which worked well under pressure and emergency situations. My most enjoyable part was helping the patients. – less
Doctor's Hospital
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Laham, MarylandJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: serves the community
Wonderful Community Hospital. Hospital for the community.
Excellent workplace
Healthcare worker (Current Employee), LanhamDecember 26, 2012
There is a healing spirit in this hospital. The staff appear to be very kind to one another. It is a hppy place, where the patients also appear very satisfied.
Very strong sense of community
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Lanham, MDDecember 14, 2012
This is a hospital where many employees have worked for a continuous 20 years or so. The employees are friendly, no matter what the job title. Technologically advanced EMR, interractive patient care system, and recent upgrade to all private hospital rooms. Love working here.
Learning experience
unit clerk (Current Employee), lanham mdOctober 17, 2012
I have learned a lot from the workplace but , I am looking for something closer to my home.
Don't
Rad tech (Former Employee), Lanham MarylandSeptember 28, 2012
Terrible management in radiology. Run don't walk as far from them as possible. Very low pay.

Departed – May 7, 2013

Horrible Management at Doctors Radiology and no employee representation, Extremely short staff and absolutely no flexibility on managements part.

Pretty good place to work. Surgeons fairly easy to get along with. Some good teamwork.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: there aren't many perks.
Days are busy, many different cases could be done. I learned some really good teamwork skills and we had a very diverse group of staff. Management fairly easy to get along with. Hardest part of job is the physical component. The most enjoyable part is making sure my patients have a great experience with their surgery.
it was a fun job
Food Service (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 12, 2012
it was very nice working their everyone was friendly. at first it was hard then after will i got us to it. so it be came really easy and i loved.
IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS A GYM THERE TO WORK OUT AT.
PACU/ Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 27, 2012
Pros: sharing potlucks meals.
Cons: more education
WORKING AT DOCTORS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, I MIGHT ADD WAS VERY INTERESTING PLACE TO WORK, WAS ENJOYABLE, WORKING AMONG DIFFERENT CULTURES WAS THE BRIGHT SIDE OF IT. YOU LEARN FROM DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES, EDUCATED ME IN MORE WAY THAN I EXPECTED. WE ALL WORK AS A TEAM IN PACU, WE WOULD SOME TIMES DO POTLUCKS, WICH WAS ENJOYABLE TO ME , BECAUSE SOMETIMES – more... DIFFERENT CULTURES EAT DIFFERENT FOODS, SO WE SHARE RECIPIES AMONGST ONE ANOTHER . I MUST SAY IT WAS GREAT WORKING THERE.AFTER THAT WERE BACK TOGETHER AS USUAL FAST PACE PROFESSIONAL WORKERS. – less
productive workplace
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), LANHAM,MDMarch 10, 2012
I loved working there the doctor's was great and my co workers was excellent

Employee2012 – June 10, 2012

Not a good place to work, I would never want my family or friends to work at DCH.

it felt good doing something u like and getting paid for it and most of all the people you come in contact with all was good to work around .
lead copier and mail clerkl (Former Employee), lanham m.dFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: it was very challenging
Cons: it was little growth
working at doctors was a good experince because i came in contact with all diffrent people and learned alot and it a good place to work .

About Doctors Community Hospital

Doctors Community Hospital is an acute care and surgical hospital serving the Washington, DC area. The not-for-profit medical – Read more