Doctors Community Hospital Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Patient Technician (Current Employee) –  8118 Good Luck RdSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day at work is usually busy. Both the management and staffs are good.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help patients everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
working short staffed
Pre-Op Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lanham-Seabrook, MDSeptember 8, 2015
You get to make a small difference
You see how much each area of the hospital depends on one another
You work with a set of different people with different personalities
Pros
Free Lunches up to $7.50(?)
Cons
Cold
Learning never ends
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 2, 2015
Working at Doctors is a reward within it self, it is an exciting fast pace working environment where you learning never ends.
Fun and Productive
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 23, 2015
Good working enviorment, you deal with patients of all kind (Races,Gender).Even th employes are nice they make you feel at home
Great Place to work, Very good and balanced work environment.
RVT Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 11, 2015
A great place to start a career and move up in the health care field. The manager I worked for was excellent, always willing to help with any problems or concerns, with a "We can fix it attitude". Having a good group of co workers who have strong work ethics..........Priceless! Patient care is what Vascular Ultrasound is all about, this is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is going home.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
None I can think of!
Great Work Experience
DPT Terminal Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 20, 2015
Typically 10-12 patients in a day
Learned how to co-treat with an OT
Co-workers were always there when help was needed
Management was very supportive
nice
Medical assistant volunteer (Former Employee) –  lanhamApril 14, 2015
A typical day was processing medical records for medical staffs and Insurance companies.I learned medical terminology.My management was great keep me Informed of things pertaining to my job.My co-wokers were helpful in area's that was not my job.The hardest part of my job was standing up for hours.The most enjoyable thing about my job was I got to bound with some of the patients.
Productive laid back !!
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 12, 2015
Pros
a
Not a great environment to work
Clinical Physician Educator IT (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 3, 2015
An Individual's standard of care will not be changed in any work environment, however Doctors Hospital environment does not promote positive interactions.
Pros
good people
Cons
discriminatory practices against people of color.
Small group setting
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Typical consist of billing, edits to claims for submission, working to reduce the A/R. Working closely with other teams to meet the Patient Accounts goals on a monthly basis.
Pros
exercise during working hours
Cons
a half an hour lunch isn't long enough

Want to know more about Doctors Community Hospital?

Ask a question
20 years of Service
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 1, 2015
I have worked at Doctors Community Hospital going on 20 years.

A typical day at work is always enjoyable and is usually busy with inpatient and out patient Vascular examinations.

Management is very good in the Cardiology Department. Work schedules are done on a monthly basis and getting time off is never a problem as long as the shift can be covered.

The hardest part of the job is when employees come in sick/not feeling well and have to be sent home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help patients everyday.
Pros
getting time off when needed.
Cons
working short staffed
Productive and reliable staff members
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 23, 2015
I learned how to communicate with people over the phone, patients and visitors; learned how to manage my time effectively. I learned how to get along with my co-workers when I worked. The hardest part was when you are being left alone and a lot of people come in at the same time to be checked in.
Pros
free lunches up to $7.00
Cons
short breaks for the bathroom
Orthopedic Nursing PRN (Current Employee) –  Lanham-Seabrook, MDJanuary 13, 2015
My shift starting with me getting report from outgoing nurse, performing patient assessment, review lab report, identifying critical medical needs and provided healthcare treatment within legal scope of nursing practices and documentation of care. as an orthopedic nurse, my duties include managing fresh post up patient with procedure such hip, knee, laminectomy, discectomy etc., assessing and maintaining pain management along with neurological monitoring, hydration, blood transfusion, wound treatment etc.
I love my team; we support each other and work as a team. The drive on the unit is optimum patient care outcome and good customer service.
I have no difficulty working on this unit because I love what I do, challenges and the need to be the best.
Pros
clinical support
Cons
lack of incentive for part time staff
Acute Adult Medical, Surgical Community Hospital
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lanham,Maryland.December 4, 2014
Adult Admission requirements and assessments per hospital protocol and management for Nursing diagnose and Care plans.Transcribe Doctors orders as to specific diets and nothing by mouth.Start Intraveinous infusion line and order the medications from the Pharmacy.Collect specimens and communicate required ordered tests from other Departments.Did pre op prep and teachings for plan surgery and Managed Pain..Documenting and reporting to MDs and incoming staff.
With post ops,I .monitor patients For comfort and record all drainages ,outputs.and dressings.Manitor vital signs are report all abnormality.Initiate Discharge planning.
I worked with different type of Diseases and did alots of peritoneal dialyses and trachiastomy care..We had lots of help and supervision from clinicians ,student nurses,medical .interns and other RN s.
. .
Pros
had reduced meals and emmergency team scheduled always.
Cons
short breaks, worked every order weekend .schedule.
Productive and compassionate workplace.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 20, 2014
At DCH we believe our responsibility is to the patients we serve. We respect the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and find that compassion is essential to fostering healing and wholeness. My co-workers act with absolute integrity to improve the health of those we serve.
Pros
cheerful environment to work.
Cons
only one healthcare provider to chose from.
Good place for work.
Surgical PA-C (Current Employee) –  marylandNovember 14, 2014
Good supporting staff and fun working environment. Plenty administration support. Compensation is lower compared to the current market.
Great Environment Poor Compensation
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 9, 2014
I am a recent college grad, and I have been working for DCH for the past 7 years throughout my college career. Once I obtained my degree I felt that I would finally be paid my worth and receive a position well suited for my degree. Instead I am given a job that offers nothing in terms up opportunity to move up and the compensation was lower than everyone else in the department.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay
This was a good job where I learned a lot of Plastic Surgery procedures.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJune 28, 2014
The staff were very helpful and patient.
I was able to learn a lot.
Pros
too far away from home and the pay was low.
Cons
staff were nice to work with.
Productive and Pleasant
Medical Billing and Coding Internship (Current Employee) –  Lanham-Seabrook, MDMay 27, 2014
Well being that this is an internship, I come in and report to my intern manager first. I am then given specific instructions on what to do, which is mainly assisting other employees. I have obtained various skill so far in Patient registration, Insurance verification, Refunds,Patient demographic information, and basic administrative duties. I have always enjoyed working and learning new skill. The added bonus is that I love what I do.
high work load,expected to stay over for call-ins
former PRN respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  respiratoryMay 24, 2014
As a former employee who was let go because I refused to stay over for a co-worker who called out, I fault HR and management for doing a lousy job in retaining key employees.As a PRN employee with no benefits,no vacation or sick time, they expected me to stay over to cover a call out. REALLY? We all have lives away from work!!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management communication to staff