Doctors Express Employee Reviews

It was okay, loved some of my co workers but owner was very rude and disrespectful. Hated the job because of how he treated people.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
I would never work there again. Communication is key, so is active listening. Owner was one of the rudest people I have encountered. Two of my co workers were actually great and worked as a team. That is all I will say.
The facility is out of business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 26, 2017
The facility has closed down but it was a decent place to work at. It needed to hire more employee to get the demand of their clients.
productive fun work place
MA/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granger, INFebruary 24, 2017
fast pace and a good mix of all kinds of medical situations staff and management are fantastic. great place to learn and gain experience patients were amazing as well!
Cons
business closed down
I enjoyed working here
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  2105 Concord PikeJanuary 5, 2017
I experience a lot with this company. Lots of growth learned new skills with this company. From immigration physicals,breathalyzer,drugscreen.
Pros
Growth
Cons
No breaks
Not a good place to work
Radiography tech / MA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
The doctor that see patients is rude to the staff and once the patient walks out the door he will not take call from patient or pharmacy. The staff is always rotating through there because of his rudeness and lack of perfectionism.
Pros
$15 an hour
Cons
not worth the money due to the doctors rudeness.
Fast Paced Urgent care
Clinical Lead/Training specialist/scribe (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 21, 2016
We would see on average 120 patients a day. I would intake the patient, get vitals, and then scribe for the doctor while in the room with the patient. By the the time visit was up, i completed the chart and ERX. I would help with all and any procedures that needed to be done. (EKG, blood work, Neb treatments ect.)
Not in the interest of employee
CMA (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 20, 2016
It was very stressful wondering if you had a job from one day to the next. Really did not have their employees at interest. The only thing that made it worth coming in were the patients that depended on you day in and out. They really did not value to people they had employed under them. Hopefully this has changed.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Everything else
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAJuly 25, 2016
I very much enjoyed working here as the Full Time Lead Medical Assistant. I am currently still working per diem as a Medical Assistant when I can.
Pros
12 hr shifts
benefits
X-ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 17, 2015
Great Co-Workers and management. Helpinp patients was always rewarding Always a llittle different each day. Learned to help all people
Pros
Cons
Long drive each day
to join a winning team with excellent people and to be appreciated
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Pulling patients, getting vitals, drawing blood if needed, giving injections, drug screens for reg and DOT, X-rays, assisting the
Doctors with minor surgery, sterilizing instruments stocking rooms, running labs in house on the Piccalo for CMP,, UA, strep, flu, mono testing, some casting for broken limbs and i am cross trained in front to check in pt, verify insurence collecting co-pays and discharging patients as well, answering phones, return calls as well
Pros
easy access to local eateries
Cons
shorts breaks sometimes with no breaks
great place
1st shift Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  woodbridge, vaJuly 23, 2015
good team with good work ethics. good pay
good work ethics loved coming here every day.
The management could use some work but it was okay most of the times.
Use only as a starter job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 10, 2015
Management really does not care about it's workers unless you are one of their favorites. Promises for advancement are just that "promises," without action. There is an extremely high turnover rate from all staff including the doctors. Meetings are frowned upon because they refuse to close the doors to the public or pay employees to come in early before opening the door or after hours. Complaints are dismissed unless they are made by a patient.In a 12 hr shift you only get a 30min break if you are lucky. There are plenty of times where that is not even possible. The doctors get absolutely no break within that shift. Due to workers being treated so badly, there is never any coverage in case emergencies arise. There isn't an exit interview, because they don't want to hear the truth about why you're leaving. There is constantly problems with pay, either too much or too little is taken out of your check without explanation. There is no training other than having someone tell you 5-6 months later, that you have been doing something wrong. Due to so many people quitting you barely know your schedule from day to day. This even confuses the doctors since there is three different offices that you will be working from. Doctors Express AFC does nothing, but abuse their workers and their authority.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
Low pay and messed up paychecks, poor management, unorganized, and poor/ no training.
good place to start your career
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, MDJuly 1, 2015
It was a great place to work for starting fresh out of school. It was a great place to learn since we did a little bit of everything. Management was friendly and professional. The only down fall is it is not a place to make a career. There is no opportunity for advancement or raise. There are no benefits offered so for someone that wants to keep growing and move forward in there career then this place is not the one to stay with. I will always cherish and love my time with this company as I have learned so much.
Pros
lunch was included in our pay
Cons
no benefits
structured
Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 15, 2015
I've done and learned many things at this office such as:
Everyday use :
General Patient Care, Workers Compensation Coordinator
EKG, Phlebotomy, Spirometry
Vaccinations
Scheduling, (EHR),
Drug Screen Collector, BAT Certified
Productive and great place to work
Community Engagement Director (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 22, 2015
I'm off-site but the owners are absolutely amazing and would bend over backwards for you. They are very personable and are very understanding. The team is amazing as well, everyone seems to work so well together. And the owner only hires providers who treat their staff with absolute respect; they too are very down to earth and personable.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
?
Beautiful Office setting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Assisting physician with minor procedures, such as botox, fillers, laser treatments. I learned a lot of skin care. Management was okay and the co-workers were okay as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the physician. The most enjoyable thing was learning all the things I learned.
Pros
Central Park View
Cons
Many different things
No job security
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2015
Half the work staff is externs from medical assisting schools around the area. Half of those students get hired on, even though most of those do not last long. Over this past year 44 employees have either quit or been fired.
I have 8 years of experience of being a medical assistant, however I got fired after 3 weeks. I was expected to float between 3 clinics and learn what each physician wanted for their work flow. The lead MA would always put me on front desk so I was never able to learn what the doctors wanted. I had 3 official days of training, then went to a regular full time schedule. The owner of the company is a passive aggressive micromanager and the head clinic manager is unsupportive. One of the clinic manager, who has only been there for 1 months, did not agree with the decision and has put in her 2 week notice. She did not think they treated me fairly and understand that even though I have a great resume there is always a learning curve when you start a new job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much drama and negativity among staff members.
Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 16, 2015
This company is only beneficial for those that are just coming out of medical assistant school. Its a great opportunity to learn how to make on the spot critical thinking decisions, venipunture, processing lab specimens and much more in a fast paced environment.

Rule of thumb: Keep in mind when you work for a medical practice that is franchise owned, make sure you get everything in writing (from the owner), (ask questions)what they will do for you, what they're going to do and what they should do. Management (owner) seems to get the "forget me's". Also it would help if the office has a clinical manager to assist with clinical decisions, patients and issues/concerns with staff and physicians. It's disconcerting when the owner (non-clinical) is the acting clinical management. God forbid you have to ask them a clinical question or have a conern, they just give you the deer in headlights....Priceless...
Definitely this opportunity was a lesson learned.

Staff- Awesome teamwork. We worked well as a unit.
Physicians- Outstanding Physicians
Pros
Coworkers and Physicians are awesome.
Cons
Franchise owner is passive aggressive. No job security.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of work was all the clinical work and constantly learning everyday.
pleasant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saugus, maNovember 22, 2014
I am very happy with this employer I am just looking for a full time position I have been fortunate to learn from numerous different doctors and techniques